PS4 - Destiny

SingStar Viewer Available Today on PlayStation Store

Erin English's Avatar + Posted by Erin English on Jan 21, 2010 // Product Marketing Manager

Today, we’re pleased to announce the availability of SingStar Viewer, a great new SingStar application available later today on the PlayStation Store.

With SingStar Viewer, you can browse and purchase songs from the SingStore, as well as watch, rate and review uploaded video clips, photos and profiles in the MySingStarOnline community – all without having to load a SingStar disc in your PS3.

Anyone with a PSN account will be able to download SingStar Viewer for free from the PlayStation Store and see what’s going on in the SingStar community and SingStore. Once downloaded, SingStar Viewer will sit on your XMB under the ‘Games’ category for quick access to the online community. If you’re already a SingStar owner and member of MySingStarOnline, then you can purchase from SingStore, rate video clips and leave comments for other players and interact with the SingStar community.

If you’re new to SingStar on PS3, then you can browse the SingStore and view community videos etc. (just not rate / review them). Take a look at the video to see SingStar Viewer in action, courtesy of the PlayStation.Blog.Europe:

53 Comments   1 Reply

PAGE 1 2

+ whitestoner00 on January 21st, 2010 at 12:04 pm said:

Groovvy !!!!!!!!

+ worldwidewonder on January 21st, 2010 at 12:04 pm said:

Now you will all be able to see my awesome 5 star videos!

+ katsuo7171 on January 21st, 2010 at 12:08 pm said:

Do you need the singstar game to get that to work?

Erin English's Avatar

+ Erin English on January 21st, 2010 at 12:12 pm said:

You don\’t need the game in order to download the viewer, all you need is a PSN account.

+ Tyrsis on January 21st, 2010 at 12:08 pm said:

Wireless mics in North America, please.

+ RileyPER on January 21st, 2010 at 12:10 pm said:

thats awesome

+ TakiFuGu on January 21st, 2010 at 12:12 pm said:

@ 4
Yup yup! Been waiting for that forever.

+ Ftwrthtx on January 21st, 2010 at 12:14 pm said:

Works much better with remote play than using the disc based game to access the same content.

Kudos for this. Thanks.

+ HatmanTc on January 21st, 2010 at 12:14 pm said:

i’ve been using the UK one for some time now. its neat little App.

+ Llave on January 21st, 2010 at 12:15 pm said:

all i want is Universal Music songs.

also What happened to the singstar website? i can’t find a single singstar mic bundles or single games at BestBuy or even at Walmart or Toys R Us?

It seems like the push for SingStar is disappearing in the US.

+ SeanScythe on January 21st, 2010 at 12:16 pm said:

I would but since I got singstar for PS3 it sucks the audio is off on the audio even with the mic checker. Also the songs have really gone downhill since the singstar PS2 days. Not enough modern rock song or good country songs. The songs you give us are older then I am and even my parents think the song choices are lame. More newer songs please

+ Stoffinator on January 21st, 2010 at 12:20 pm said:

Can I buy and list/watch music with out having to own Singstar? That would be very cool.

+ Se7enthSign on January 21st, 2010 at 12:22 pm said:

@9. There never was a push for Singstar in the US. UK has had this for a long time, from what I’ve heard. They also got a few new releases that we will never see here…unless we import. It’s okay. Ever since I gave up alcohol, Singstar has been sitting on the shelf.

+ Chase167 on January 21st, 2010 at 12:35 pm said:

what took this so long
i downloaded this from my UK account
about a month ago

+ brinstarx on January 21st, 2010 at 12:37 pm said:

I wish you all would support SingStar in North America as you do in Europe. :-( I am a huge SingStar fan, and I’ve been waiting for this feature for ages, ever since it was released in Europe. Please don’t forget your North American fans.

+ NJShadow on January 21st, 2010 at 12:38 pm said:

If we have SingStar and have participated online (purchased songs, viewed, rated, etc.) will we then be able to rate through the SingStar viewer? Or will that still be restricted to the actual game?

+ ynp7 on January 21st, 2010 at 12:46 pm said:

I don’t understand why you can’t just play your DLC songs through this. Discs are really out-dated for music games.

+ KIDamazin on January 21st, 2010 at 12:54 pm said:

Awesome! Should we expect the same type of application for Rock Band?

+ NARDE15 on January 21st, 2010 at 1:01 pm said:

Awsome

+ TakiFuGu on January 21st, 2010 at 1:03 pm said:

Finally there’s a convenient way to get my vids viewed. Maybe I’ll finally get that platinum!

+ Neo_Selen on January 21st, 2010 at 1:03 pm said:

Sing Star is giving me issues. My PS3 was stolen. I got a new one and tried to re-download my songs. and What do you know?!? It wouldn’t let me. Can we fix this?

+ mywhitenoise on January 21st, 2010 at 1:05 pm said:

Probably the dumbest thing about Singstar (like Konami and MGS online) is that it isn’t tied to your PSN account. If your PS3 breaks, if you buy another console, or if it’s stolen…you’re not getting your additional content back.

What a waste of money.

+ GamerMoney on January 21st, 2010 at 1:10 pm said:

so basically…I can watch music vids on my ps3 now…is that right? if so, schweet

+ ncfoxriver on January 21st, 2010 at 1:18 pm said:

If you’re new to Singstar can you purchase songs from the SingStore or just only view?

+ yves31 on January 21st, 2010 at 1:18 pm said:

can we please have more alternative song and wireless mics stop these old song

+ Craazy on January 21st, 2010 at 1:28 pm said:

Sweet can people tell me how bad I suck?

+ FoolKiller79 on January 21st, 2010 at 1:34 pm said:

The blog post says we can’t rate/review them, or at least non-SingStar players can’t, but the trailer says we can rate them. Can we get clarification please?

+ Its_tricky83 on January 21st, 2010 at 1:49 pm said:

This has been available for yonks, so what’s the massive rave about. That said, it makes it a hell of a lot easier. The problem now is, I’m buying way too many singstar songs and only ever play the game when friends come over, and then I have to give them free alcahol and get them massively pissed before they’ll even attempt to play. Costly procedures.

+ LokeSTL on January 21st, 2010 at 2:00 pm said:

** RELEASE SINGSTAR WIRELESS MICS IN NORTH AMERICA **
** RELEASE SINGSTAR WIRELESS MICS IN NORTH AMERICA **
** RELEASE SINGSTAR WIRELESS MICS IN NORTH AMERICA **
** RELEASE SINGSTAR WIRELESS MICS IN NORTH AMERICA **
** RELEASE SINGSTAR WIRELESS MICS IN NORTH AMERICA **

+ bdavid81 on January 21st, 2010 at 2:01 pm said:

Very good news, since I’d much prefer not having to load the disc just to check new songs. :)

And yes, wireless mics would be wonderful in North America. That’s likely why I play Lips more right now.

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on January 21st, 2010 at 2:05 pm said:

More Singstar support in the US?

+ Jeigh on January 21st, 2010 at 2:39 pm said:

You’re kidding. No wireless mics? It was a pain going from four to two USB slots in the first place. No way I can work with that.

+ mi33ke on January 21st, 2010 at 2:43 pm said:

I new to singstar and I don’t have the game. I just wanted to know if you download the singstar app, can you purchase songs and videos and put them on your psp?

+ willtheshake on January 21st, 2010 at 2:46 pm said:

Had this since last week when it was released in other areas regions and I still can’t understand why people are not getting the wireless mics from overseas at a great price. I’ve had them over 6 months already.

+ INTVGene on January 21st, 2010 at 2:47 pm said:

Release better songs for the US! Forget the viewer.

+ Nuffmon on January 21st, 2010 at 2:48 pm said:

Had this in UK for a while and it is a great little app. It is worth mentioning that it is compatible with Remote Play too.

+ NoobianGod on January 21st, 2010 at 2:48 pm said:

More Apps! Many many many more Apps! Like this. And Different. More Apps!

Plus wireless mics please! :D

+ The3D-Artist on January 21st, 2010 at 3:11 pm said:

Now if we can get a few recent songs from America in the American store and the wireless mics, my sisters and girlfriend will be happy – not to mention me too (I’m sick of apologizing for the game).

Any idea of when Singstar Motown is coming stateside?

+ NL_Buddha on January 21st, 2010 at 3:13 pm said:

Release the wireless Mics in Canada please!!!!

+ DZORMAGEN on January 21st, 2010 at 3:35 pm said:

I’m a little confused, is it something I can now DL music videos, and have on my hard-drive?

+ plaztiksyke on January 21st, 2010 at 4:06 pm said:

are the music videos at least 720p? is the audio 24-bit? lossless?

if the quality doesn’t exceed YouTube, etc, especially with regard to audio, I don’t see myself or anyone I know pointing their eyeballs at it.

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on January 21st, 2010 at 4:52 pm said:

Why wasn’t there an update for which Singstar songs would be available in the US last week?

+ Jon_Mclane on January 21st, 2010 at 5:07 pm said:

I miss my singstar psblog updates

+ ascendantofrain on January 21st, 2010 at 5:07 pm said:

Please…when can we see Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core on the store? Thats one of the main reasons why I got a PSPGo (that game and God of War) so I only have one game to play at this moment.

+ shad_86 on January 21st, 2010 at 6:00 pm said:

Seriously stop using money in this updates and better use money to get new and popular songs. Or to bring wireless mics to north america.

I used to play this game all weekends with friends, but not anymore cause you didn’t made the agreement with UMG or put any new or cool song in the store so we stop playing it.

Even if i hate change discs, I prefer you realize vol.3 with wireless mics. please don’t let us die.

+ ap480 on January 21st, 2010 at 7:09 pm said:

i want to play UK PS2 Singstar disc on US PS3. Can you make an update that allows that?

+ DTXSFC on January 21st, 2010 at 7:14 pm said:

Thanks Erin,
I’m glad to see some music support come to the U.S. This is what we been missing music downloads on the PS3. Videos make it even better. Much appreciated!

+ switchsword on January 22nd, 2010 at 12:15 pm said:

I bought my wireless mics from http://www.consolesandgadgets.com.

+ MrTalKaLot03 on January 23rd, 2010 at 12:09 pm said:

RELEASE SINGSTAR WIRELESS MICS IN NORTH AMERICA **
** RELEASE SINGSTAR WIRELESS MICS IN NORTH AMERICA **
** RELEASE SINGSTAR WIRELESS MICS IN NORTH AMERICA **
** RELEASE SINGSTAR WIRELESS MICS IN NORTH AMERICA **
** RELEASE SINGSTAR WIRELESS MICS IN NORTH AMERICA **

+ BigGiantBrain on January 25th, 2010 at 9:29 am said:

Thanks for the app, it’s a nice convenience. I also think it would be nice to play DLC from the app, or pop in a disc without having to start a new instance. And as long as I’m at it, here’s my wish list:

2) Leaderboards! Groups are nice, but what about universal and friend leaderboards?

3) Can we have placeholders for all songs we own? They can show which disc song can be found and prompt if disc swap needed.

4) Currently we can see only the top 1 in each difficulty via profile. Can we have top 10 in each difficulty?

5) How about online battles and duets? No need to stream, we can just see real-time score and end results.

6) Export media to PS3 would be great since online has limits.

7) More North American love.

And don’t forget to visit my profile and (be)rate my media!

+ specialed987 on January 25th, 2010 at 4:53 pm said:

When is the next US update Erin??? Thanks.

PAGE 1 2