Minecraft PS4

Coming to PSN this Week: Hustle Kings

Aaron Orsak's Avatar + Posted by Aaron Orsak on Jan 25, 2010 // US Producer

Hello all! My name is Aaron Orsak, US Producer of Hustle Kings, and I’m here with some good news. The wait is finally over…Hustle Kings hits PSN this Thursday, January 28 for $9.99! Developed by UK-based VooFoo Studios, in collaboration with Sony Computer Entertainment, Hustle Kings is undoubtedly the most realistic and entertaining billiards game available anywhere…period. I don’t say this lightly, as being a tournament 8-ball player myself, it takes a lot to impress me. Well, color me impressed, because I can’t stop playing this game! From just straight-up pool to intensely complicated masse, swerve, bank, and spin shots, Hustle Kings gets it right from top to bottom. It’s so realistic that I’ve yet to find a shot that could be done on a real table, even shots I’ve seen the old pros pull off, that couldn’t be pulled off in Hustle Kings. Not one! Oh yeah, and did I mention the game is beautiful?

But Hustle Kings isn’t just a straight sim. VooFoo and Sony have packed it full of fun and unique features and stimulating game modes. Features such as uploading your best shots to YouTube, XMB music so that you control the jukebox, and game modes such as Career, Tournament, Trick Shot modes, and even online and local Tournaments!

And, of course, for all you trophy fans out there, we’ve got something special for you! There’s been a lot of discussion internally about how we can do something a little different with the trophy system, and we finally decided to make one of the silver trophies stand out from the rest of the bunch. This trophy can only be unlocked by playing online and beating someone else who already has it. Sounds simple enough, right? The catch is that the developers are the only ones who will start with it, and that means the only way to get it is by beating them at their own game!

Hustle Kings Screenshot 1

Hustle Kings Screenshot 2

So for all you pool fans out there, the wait is almost over! Stop by the PlayStation Store this Thursday and grab a copy for yourself. You won’t be disappointed!

+ Vertodeigo on January 25th, 2010 at 1:11 pm said:

Hey jeff, any comment on this story just wondering…

I hope this isn’t true

+ Israel1948 on January 25th, 2010 at 1:21 pm said:

FINALLY!

+ acerazer1 on January 25th, 2010 at 1:25 pm said:

Looks freakin amazing, glad to see a PSN game using the power of the PS3

+ Gao_Kai on January 25th, 2010 at 1:27 pm said:

Is it just me or did the trailer’s BGM seem to sound similar to a stage in Mega Man?

+ Pelt_Hunter on January 25th, 2010 at 1:32 pm said:

The graphics and price are what are making this a must buy for me. $10 is the perfect price and those clean extremely detailed graphics with real-time reflections is something that all PSN games should shoot for graphics-wise. That is, if they are going for realism, Fat Princess looks fantastic already.

+ Enforcer_X on January 25th, 2010 at 1:33 pm said:

@45 Darth-Krayt

Sorry didn’t see the second part, you brought it full circle! =)
The MAG thing is ridiculous and if what they are saying about Hustle Kings is true it’s equally ridiculous.

I usually don’t ever listen to gaming journalists, I never trusted them so I guess it’s not that big of a deal to me.

+ Enforcer_X on January 25th, 2010 at 1:35 pm said:

I would like to see some official responses on this game and the questions being raised.

+ CapinChronic on January 25th, 2010 at 1:39 pm said:

Awesome ive been waiting for this one :)

+ superstewie on January 25th, 2010 at 1:48 pm said:

that has to be the fanciest shader to ever be used on balls in any game around the world (lol)

+ Obi_Al_Kenobi on January 25th, 2010 at 2:06 pm said:

@Jeff Rubenstein

I made a statement on a prior blog entry where I said that I have problems accessing to the blog after the new servers rollout.

My problem is that it takes a lot of time to the page to display and even sometimes appear the “No page found” screen.

Im using my Firefox web browser version 3.5.7 as always, my speed is about 4mb download/384 upload.

Before these new servers, I had no problem at all on entering at this blog, but now it takes a lot, even on the us.playstation.com its takes a lot of time, and when finally the page is displayed and try to access to my “portable ID” section, just says that my session has ended, it prompts for my user/pasword, I acces and then, again says that my session has ended.

I can access to the forums with no problems at all, though. I tell you this becasue in a blog entry you or someone of your team said that you have reports that user having problem at accessing to the blog with the new servers.

I’m a network engineer and I can tell you that this is not a issue on my side. I hope this serves you to resolve this issue.

+ Mobius_124 on January 25th, 2010 at 2:09 pm said:

do you know if at some point in the future the game will support the PS3 motion controller? i mean that would be a pretty awesome idea. other than that, i cant wait to get the game this week.

+ twooh on January 25th, 2010 at 2:10 pm said:

Quick question Aaron:

Does this game have background music while playing?

Aaron Orsak's Avatar

+ Aaron Orsak on January 25th, 2010 at 3:14 pm said:

Yes it does, and you can even play your own music from the XMB!

+ chinese_dude2 on January 25th, 2010 at 2:16 pm said:

voice and video chat are being patched in asap, confirmed by the developer.
Snooker DLC in the future.
This does have offline multiplayer for upto at least 8 players.
a career mode that took me 20 hours.
bonus games and bonus gear are unlocked by completing career modes.
There is cheat chalk as it is known but i have only ever come across 1 person using it online, it really isnt needed unless you really suck at this game.
It has fully customisable game rooms online and offline for upto 16 players.
MODES= career, offline, online, bonus games, training, beginner, amature, semi pro, pro, insane, trickshots, 8 ball, 9 ball, 14.1, killer, against the clock,cannonball, pocket killer, survival, and lots more.
hope this helps some of you decide, but IMO best $10 spent on psn for the amount of content you get.

+ Ghost_Shrimp on January 25th, 2010 at 2:21 pm said:

Sold

+ chinese_dude2 on January 25th, 2010 at 2:26 pm said:

To number 60, yes it does have background music from the xmb.

+ unmalo23 on January 25th, 2010 at 2:29 pm said:

Finally we get the chance!!!

+ RuthlessEd on January 25th, 2010 at 2:37 pm said:

#45 Darth-Krayt:

From what I’ve read, the “reviews” have been more than fair towards MAG.

What do you expect it to get? Perfect 10’s? Even 9’s are out of the question.

It’s simply NOT a top-shelf game.

+ RuthlessEd on January 25th, 2010 at 2:39 pm said:

#61:

Video and voice chat being “patched” in? Yah, I’ll believe that when I see it.

I’ll NEVER buy a game based on what might come at some future date. I got burned with SOCOM: Confrontation…and I’ll never allow that to happen again.

Either the game has those features or it doesn’t. And I won’t buy this one until it does. (Voice chat at least…I don’t care about video).

+ Hyuga_Neji8670 on January 25th, 2010 at 2:41 pm said:

will there be a playable demo for this game?

+ chinese_dude2 on January 25th, 2010 at 2:46 pm said:

To number 66.
The developer had a internet vote to see weather to release the game with video voice chat or to release it now and patch video voice chat later, it was voted to release it now and then patch it. Thats what the gamer who followed this game voted for and thats what weve got.
But if you want to wait thats your choice , im just letting you know why it was released without it.

+ RuthlessEd on January 25th, 2010 at 2:51 pm said:

#68:

It doesn’t matter why they chose to release the game without a critical feature. The fact is: they did.

Trust me: if this game doesn’t sell enough copies, you’ll never see video or voice chat.

+ Enforcer_X on January 25th, 2010 at 2:51 pm said:

Ok I emailed VooFoo today asking about voice chat 1080p and local play modes.
Here is the response …

Thank you for your e-mail!

In answer to your questions, Hustle Kings does run at 1080p native, and voice chat currently isn’t supported but will be coming very shortly in the form of a patch (along with video chat, and lots of additional minor features and tweaks). Also, Hustle Kings has a variety of local play modes, including up to 8 players for game types like Killer!

All the best! :)

John Kearney
Art Director
VooFoo Studios

+ Ledis15 on January 25th, 2010 at 2:53 pm said:

Any playstation home content for Hustle Kings?

+ buddykiwi on January 25th, 2010 at 2:54 pm said:

OMG that’s Vancouver in the Background. I’ma buy it out of hometown pride XD

+ lyndonAP on January 25th, 2010 at 2:55 pm said:

Quick question- is the online play going to be global or are those playing the UK version “cut off” from playing North American players?

+ rbanke on January 25th, 2010 at 2:56 pm said:

I was kinda annoyed a while back when i bought inferno pool (terrible game) because i mistakenly thought it was this game (darn name mixup’s). Glad this is finally coming out.

+ RuthlessEd on January 25th, 2010 at 2:57 pm said:

#71:

Great news!

I’ll wait for the patch then buy the game.

It looks good other than lack of voice chat.

+ Carl-G on January 25th, 2010 at 3:10 pm said:

BEST POOL GAME EVER! ;P

I got it from Euro store and it is AMAZING.
[i’m from the UK]

One thing – Why can’t when i have a mate around when he is say ‘Player 2′ he would like to have his name up and save his stats to? You could do that on ‘V.Pool 64′ years ago ;D

+ chinese_dude2 on January 25th, 2010 at 3:11 pm said:

To number 75.
I emailed voofoo the exact same question.
they replied saying the game had worldwide servers and i would be able to play NA friends.

+ lyndonAP on January 25th, 2010 at 3:21 pm said:

Thanks for the info chinese_dude2! Was hoping that would be the case (bought the UK version when it didn’t release here at the same time).

+ chinese_dude2 on January 25th, 2010 at 3:26 pm said:

to number 80.
no prob,
i am in uk but most my friends are in NA so i needed that question answered as well.

+ BigRon3400 on January 25th, 2010 at 3:28 pm said:

Any comment on the micro transactions dev? This is a deal breaker for me.

+ Kchow23 on January 25th, 2010 at 3:29 pm said:

PS Motion Control Support?

+ twooh on January 25th, 2010 at 3:30 pm said:

@ Aaron:

Thanks for the reply. Day one buy for me. Or should I say Night one buy for me as the PSN updates late. :P

+ DeuceCam on January 25th, 2010 at 3:51 pm said:

1080p, Nice! I’m probably gonna have to get it then. It looks too gorgeous to pass up.

+ plaztiksyke on January 25th, 2010 at 4:01 pm said:

Any chance of answering my question about the audio assets? are they 24-bit? lossless? will it output as LPCM without an decode/re-encode cycle? does online play have voice and/or video chat?

thanks! :)

+ crusher915 on January 25th, 2010 at 4:11 pm said:

i don’t mean to be mean but funorb(.)com also thought about that trophy but don’t remember which game. i hope that funorb (jagex) will sometime make psp psn games there is a new game almost every month. (i don’t mean to sound like im advertising jagex but im saying they would most-likely be happy to make games for psn just check out their originals)

+ JetSetFuture on January 25th, 2010 at 4:40 pm said:

Thanks for answering my question, Aaron. Looking forward to the game (1080p support is a nice bonus)!

+ stri on January 25th, 2010 at 4:49 pm said:

@ Aaron…

This looks awesome…been waitin’ fo sho!

Wondering though…
Wouldn’t it be stellar if we could somehow bet real cash via the PSN wallet?
I mean perhaps they should allow it into many games.
Develop a sort of PSN-PayPal.

Now that would be awesome.
and, just think…if you took say 1% of the funds bet…imagine the possibilities of things accomplished with a few extra dollar signs…

I bet that idea would jump start a new revelation in console based perspective.

Just a thought…but consider this…I have trillions of ideas…and am extremely knowledgeable in computer tech, web dev, and programming.
But ideas are my specialty…
If you ever have a position that requires someone like me…well, just consider adding a comment to the tops on my behalf.

Either way…you ever need ideas, I’m the guy to ask.

Here’s hoping…but at least add the betting idea. I’m not even much for gambling…I live in a city with a major one…yet rarely do. Still though, I believe this would be fun…even for me.

Anyway thanks for readin’
ciao!

+ stri on January 25th, 2010 at 4:51 pm said:

meant: I live in a city with a major casino…yet rarely bet…

Consider it.

+ COURVOISIEA on January 25th, 2010 at 4:53 pm said:

So why the late release to th U.S.?? Now we have to catch up with everyone wow!!! lmfao

+ COURVOISIEA on January 25th, 2010 at 4:53 pm said:

So why the late release to the U.S.?? Now we have to catch up with everyone wow!!! lmfao

+ Velzorn on January 25th, 2010 at 5:19 pm said:

There should be a special pool table in the Playstation Home that allows users to do a game launch together with this game. I think it would increase sales and add a level of interactivity for the game. What do you think?

+ spideyal on January 25th, 2010 at 7:55 pm said:

This has to be THE best looking Pool game I’ve ever seen. Definite buy for me.

+ B-RadGfromOV on January 25th, 2010 at 8:00 pm said:

Thank you for using the capabilities of the PS3 (youtube uploading, in game music). Most devs leave them out from laziness.

+ Trucidation on January 25th, 2010 at 8:56 pm said:

Brings back memories of having Side Pocket tournaments on the Genesis and Snes. Devs, you are going to get run on!

+ JKC31 on January 25th, 2010 at 9:01 pm said:

“It’s so realistic that I’ve yet to find a shot that could be done on a real table”

+ SpiritThief on January 26th, 2010 at 12:56 am said:

I like how they don’t answer to the people about the getting microed.

So who knows if its true or not. So I’ll take it a truth and just write this game and forget about it.

…….done :D

+ Rustbucket80 on January 26th, 2010 at 4:30 am said:

Been waiting for this game, but as a trophy hunter I am really turned off by the viral trophy, I hate that. What happens if I don’t get the game for a few months and then no one is online? I can’t get 100%. Happened to me for other games. Terrible idea….

+ chinese_dude2 on January 26th, 2010 at 6:37 am said:

Microtransactions=
You are given free 1 chalk with unlimited uses.
There are a couple of chalks (known as cheat chalk)you can buy with a limit of 25 uses per chalk,they give you different advantages in game like addind a aim line when needed. I. guess they will be 25 cents in NA.
IMO they are not needed, i have completed the game and play online and have never bought or used them and i have only ever seen 1 person use them, that persons name was text in room has using cheat chalk and no one played him/her.
VIRAL TROPHY= i got this first game online, evry one i know has it so it wont be a problem.