PS4 - Destiny

MLB 10: The Show Soundtrack

Jason Villa's Avatar + Posted by Jason Villa on Jan 26, 2010 // Producer, MLB 10 THE SHOW

Hi Everyone,

Every year we try to assemble a diverse and entertaining soundtrack for MLB The Show. We look to create a balance of established bands and some lesser known, up and coming artists, which offer great music. Let’s face it; music is such a subjective art that it’s impossible to create a soundtrack that consists of songs that everybody loves. For that reason we offer “My MLB Music.” That said, take a look below at the artist bios and details below. This will give you a chance to see MLB 10: The Show’s soundtrack and get a glimpse of what each artist or band is about.

29 Comments

+ Bioman20 on January 26th, 2010 at 3:08 pm said:

cool

+ Tyrsis on January 26th, 2010 at 3:17 pm said:

It’s a baseball game. Why license music? This is as bad as Maddens annoying menus, blasting ‘urban’ music.

+ neo881 on January 26th, 2010 at 3:18 pm said:

In Game music please?

+ MLZ911 on January 26th, 2010 at 3:21 pm said:

silversun pickups FTW!

+ RustInPeace88 on January 26th, 2010 at 3:21 pm said:

meh

+ NJShadow on January 26th, 2010 at 3:25 pm said:

@neo881 – They have in-game custom music available.

And my thoughts on the soundtrack, eh, it’s ok, but not much of what you would hear at a real baseball game. I’ll probably stick to my custom soundtrack.

+ akiratech on January 26th, 2010 at 3:27 pm said:

meh sorry will be using custom soundtracks

+ Returners on January 26th, 2010 at 3:27 pm said:

Nice, I loved the soundtrack in the previous MLBs.

+ Parapraxis on January 26th, 2010 at 3:27 pm said:

Nice choices.

+ NJShadow on January 26th, 2010 at 3:29 pm said:

But then again, I must admit, I don’t know any of these songs, they might be good.

+ IPoopyStandingUp on January 26th, 2010 at 3:30 pm said:

That first cover kind of looks like the back of ratchet’s head…

+ BZKlint on January 26th, 2010 at 3:42 pm said:

That guy’s robe is a little too open.

+ EnigmaNemesis on January 26th, 2010 at 3:58 pm said:

@2

You can use custom soundtracks, so complaining is just naive.

+ Benmo316 on January 26th, 2010 at 4:28 pm said:

I’ve never heard of any of those bands, but I could care less what music is going to play in the menus because I just play my own music already on my PS3. The money could’ve been used more wisely I believe, but that’s just one man’s opinion.

+ tearsofash on January 26th, 2010 at 4:59 pm said:

Absolutely terrible, but who am I to judge baseball fans’ music choices.

+ Sparx88 on January 26th, 2010 at 6:14 pm said:

Another year another soundtrack full of groups I either don’t know of or care to know about. Guess its time to start working on my custom soundtrack…again

+ angelcoma on January 26th, 2010 at 6:14 pm said:

Are you guys going to address the ‘hacked PS3′ issue? The method of doing it was posted online today.

+ EVILPACKERSFAN on January 26th, 2010 at 6:33 pm said:

Baroness, nice, i love that band, never thought i would see them license music to a game though…

+ soccereric587 on January 26th, 2010 at 6:36 pm said:

Has sony ever put together a decent soundtrack

+ fuzzyclutter on January 26th, 2010 at 8:17 pm said:

” sound track of our lives ” ? …. is this a baseball game or a love story . uuugh !!!

+ jaybiv on January 26th, 2010 at 8:17 pm said:

I hope you brought back the ability to make multiple playlists, and kept the ability to play the game/announcer sounds over the custom soundtrack.

+ Jeigh on January 26th, 2010 at 8:29 pm said:

It’s been said before, but I’ll add to the pile: good thing we’ve got custom music (at least in this game). Hurray for developers that actually bother to use this function in some form or another. (Granted, with annual games such as this, it’d be ridiculous if some function wasn’t carried forth from a previous year.)

+ Vabor on January 26th, 2010 at 8:38 pm said:

Band of Skulls! Awesome!

+ mocte32 on January 26th, 2010 at 9:37 pm said:

out off topic lost planet 2 is getting gears of war 2 skins for xbox 360 what about the ps3 version

+ Oakridge on January 27th, 2010 at 11:01 am said:

Mlb 10 the show ? but not about the soundtrack.

Why isn’t Roberto Clemente in as one of the hall of fame players?

Love the show can’t wait for day one.

+ armymule on January 28th, 2010 at 8:30 am said:

I will use my own “real ballpark music” or turn the music off. The stuff that comes with the game is a distraction.

+ KinG-SwifT on January 28th, 2010 at 9:30 am said:

Can you guys add the create a player with the eyetoy for the ps3 version i know the ps2 has it but why does the ps3 version not have it? PLEASE ADD THE EYETOY FEATURE TO THE PS3 VERSION..

+ G-Bugle on January 28th, 2010 at 11:29 am said:

Well. 09 had much better (and much less annoying) music than 08. Hopefully this trend continues. I’ll listen to them when I buy the game.

Though really, I am more concerned about the 09 bug where you can’t Hit&Run in online play that was never fixed (if you steal, your swing wont register. Only happens online).

+ trulynolen2 on February 2nd, 2010 at 12:40 pm said:

We just want the demo of this game and that the whole game comes without those silly bugs.
And new features must include Manager ejections as well as fighting.And please,,stop that transmutation between players and walls…