It’s that time again – y’know, the time where we drop in to let you know all about the latest and greatest content scheduled to release into the ever-evolving world of PlayStation Home. This week plays host to yet another deluge of awesome content including an incredible new personal space, some seriously hot events, and super-limited items from some of the best games of 2010. Want to learn more? Then read on, my friends…
First up is VEEMEE’s London Pub personal space. This cozy watering hole is situated on the banks of the river Thames – not far from the Houses of Parliament – and is appropriately outfitted with a multi-player darts game that is sure to attract all the party animals on your friend’s list. Priced at $5.99 (less than a real-world round of beverages for your buddies), the London Pub has all the amenities to ensure that an appropriate party vibe flows freely at all time – from the humorous taps to the ever-kindling fireplace. Peep the pics below for a peek at this hot new personal space.
I don’t know about you all, but my calendar has been cleared for quite some time for the release of the Assassin’s Creed 2 “Battle of Forli” DLC, dropping this Thursday, January 28 on the PlayStation Network. In fact, the only thing that has me more stoked than the prospect of seeing the Caterina Sforza storyline play out is the new Ezio costume (available for both your in-game character and AND your in-world avatar), which will be released in PlayStation Home in tandem with the DLC launch this week. This super-limited costume will only be available for one month and then it will be pulled off the shelves forever. So check out the pics below and then head to the PlayStation Home Mall this Thursday to pick yours up before time runs out.
On that note, those of you that took advantage of the opportunity to pre-order BioShock 2 from Amazon.com will be able to unlock the Big Daddy costume in PlayStation Home. So rad. You all are going to be the envy of Central Plaza on February 9 when BioShock 2 releases and we start playing the game like mad during our Featured Game parties.
Speaking of Featured Games: As you all know, the next level in multi-player shooters – MAG – released on Tuesday, exclusively on the PlayStation 3. And to celebrate this momentous occasion, we are devoting a ridiculous amount of our Featured Game nights in the near future to blasting away on the battlefields of the MAG universe. In fact, this weekend – Friday the 29th through Sunday the 31st – we are inviting all of you MAG fanatics out the Central Plaza, between the hours of 6:00PM and 10:00PM PT (9:00PM and 1:00AM EST), to join a faction– be it the SVER (Friday), Raven (Saturday) or Valor (Sunday) forces. This is when you decide once and for all which side you are on. So get your butts into PlayStation Home, grab free MAG shirts that represent your soldier style from the Central Plaza, and then slam in a fresh clip and chamber a round, because this is going to be the battle to end all battles.
There’s at least one event going on in PlayStation Home literally every day, 365 days a year. And some days there are two, like this Thursday, January 28 and Sunday, January 31, when we continue the on-going Zombieland event in the PlayStation Home Theater. The gist of it is this: There is an exclusive film clip from Zombieland playing in Theater #1. Watch the video, and then check out the trivia questions placed on the marquees, posters, and billboards throughout PlayStation Home. The first 25 community members that send an email to HomeContests@playstation.sony.com with the right answers to all 17 questions will win a copy of Zombieland on Blu-ray. Be sure to read the official contest rules at the end of this post for all of the juicy details.
Last but certainly not least, we’ll be releasing a Gargoyle furniture bundle as well as Fantasy and Victorian clothing bundles to complement the Paris Clock Tower personal space. These bundles contain multiple items grouped together at a greatly reduced price. See the below video for an overview of these awesome new items and then grab the bundles from the PlayStation Home Mall this week.
Zombieland Blu-ray Trivia Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void outside the 50 United States and D.C. and where prohibited. The following promotion is intended for viewing in the 50 United States and D.C. only and shall only be construed and evaluated according to United States law. Do not proceed in this site if you are not a legal resident of, and located in, the 50 United States or D.C. and are at least 18 years of age at the time of entry. To enter, you must have a PlayStation 3 system, a valid PlayStation Network account, internet access and a copy of PlayStation HOME installed on your system. Contest begins January 26, 2010 at 10:00AM PST and ends February 2, 2010 at 11:59PM PST.
- Log into your PlayStation Network account and launch PlayStation HOME application.
- Make your way to the Theater Space of HOME to view the first trivia question. Six (6) total questions will be available for viewing on January 26, 2010. The second set of six (6) questions will be available to view within HOME on January 28, 2010. The third and final set of five (5) questions will be available to view within HOME on January 31, 2010.
- There are 17 total questions. With the exception of the first question which will be displayed on the marquee next to the Zombieland screen, the remaining trivia questions can be located throughout the core Home Spaces during the promotion period.
- Some of the answers to the trivia questions can be found by watching the Zombieland movie, watching the Zombieland trailer currently playing the Bowling Alley space in Home, and exclusive Zombieland footage currently displayed on the Theater screen.
- To enter, send an e-mail to HomeContests@playstation.sony.com. Enter “ZOMBIELAND” in the subject line and in the body of the email include your PSN ID and all 17 correct answers to the trivia questions.
- The first 25 e-mails received by Sponsor with all 17 correct answers will be selected as the winners.
1. To be valid, entries must be received no later than February 2, 2010 at 11:59 PST. Limit one entry per person and e-mail address. Subsequent entries will be disqualified. Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc (the “Sponsor”) is not responsible for lost, late, mutilated, illegible, incomplete or misdirected entries. Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit an entrants’ ability to participate in the contest. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend this contest should virus, bugs or other causes corrupt the administration, security or proper play of this sweepstakes. Entries not satisfying these Official Rules will be automatically disqualified.
2. PRIZES: Each prize winner will receive one (1) Blu-ray copy of Zombieland (ARV $40.00). Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize of equal value if prize is unavailable. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitutions allowed.
3. WINNERS: Prize Winners will be determined by selecting the first 25 e-mail submissions received by Sponsor that include all correct answers to the 17 trivia questions. Selection will be held on or about February 15, 2010. Winners will be notified by PSN e-mail. If any winners do not respond to Sponsor’s notification email within 14 days of the date that it is sent by Sponsor, they will be disqualified and new winners will be selected based on the original selection criteria. Please allow four to six weeks for receipt of prizes.
4. ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning depend on number of valid entries received.
5. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal U.S. residents only aged 18 or older. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected. Prize winners may be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release within fourteen (14) days of prize notification. By acceptance of prize, winners agree to the use of their name and/or likenesses for purposes of advertising, trade, or promotion without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. Additionally, by acceptance of prize, prize winners agree to release Sponsor, its parents, subsidiaries and affiliates from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the prize or while preparing for, participating, and /or traveling to any prize-related activity. Employees of the Sponsor and its parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies and their immediate families are not eligible to participate in this contest. Neither the Sponsors nor its affiliates, subsidiaries, division or related companies are responsible for any damages, taxes, or expenses that winners might incur as result of this sweepstakes or receipt of prize.
6. WINNER LIST: To obtain names of winners, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to Zombieland Trivia Contest, 919 E. Hillsdale Blvd. 2nd Floor Foster City, CA 94404. Prize winners’ name request will be fulfilled within four weeks. Requests for winner list must be received by March 15, 2010.
7. RESTRICTIONS: Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
8. SPONSOR: Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc, Foster City, CA 94404