Driveclub

Heavy Rain Goes Gold, Demo Coming February 11

Jefferson Dong's Avatar + Posted by Jefferson Dong on Jan 28, 2010 // Product Marketing Manager, SCEA

It’s official! Heavy Rain has now gone gold in North America and is off to manufacturing. This PlayStation 3 exclusive, psychological thriller will be available at retail on Tuesday, February 23, 2010 (mark it on your calendar). Don’t forget to pre-order your copy now so you will receive the first chapter of Heavy Rain Chronicles (upcoming downloadable-only episodes for Heavy Rain) at no cost, and you’ll be able to download the first chapter once you’ve picked up your copy of Heavy Rain (otherwise, all others will need to pay $4.99 per chapter and won’t be able to download until a month later — more info to come on Heavy Rain Chronicles).

In addition, we are also confirming that the Heavy Rain demo will be available in North America on Thursday, February 11, 2010 (mark it on your calendar) for download from the PlayStation Store. The demo will allow players to play two chapters from Heavy Rain, featuring Norman Jayden, an FBI agent brought in to help local authorities track down the Origami Killer, and Scott Shelby, a private detective hired by the families of past victims of the Origami Killer to find the serial killer.

And finally, enjoy the new trailer for Heavy Rain!

114 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ ModernYorkster on January 28th, 2010 at 1:03 pm said:

Will we see HeavyRain Premium/Free Avatars?

Thanks
ModernYorkster

+ eddieMX07 on January 28th, 2010 at 1:04 pm said:

hey is this game worth playing? it looks good and it probably has a good story but still undecided if I will buy it…

+ LukaX23 on January 28th, 2010 at 1:05 pm said:

Hey, hey, hey – where’s the damn Heavy Rain countdown on the blog?

JK! Great news! :-)

+ eddieMX07 on January 28th, 2010 at 1:05 pm said:

and congrats on going gold… how many preorders is that again?

+ solace357 on January 28th, 2010 at 1:06 pm said:

Looking forward to this. Smart move with the demo, is it going to be the same one you’ve shown at events with the conveniant store robbery?

+ whitestoner00 on January 28th, 2010 at 1:07 pm said:

looks great !! can’t wait ….

+ DNAgent on January 28th, 2010 at 1:08 pm said:

Meh. Looks like just a rental to me (especially since they screwed North America out of a collector’s edition).

+ NoxNoctisUmbra on January 28th, 2010 at 1:10 pm said:

I hope you guys put commercials on TV everywhere.

Gave me goosebumps, I can’t wait to play the story out. I wonder who will die, and who will survive! I love to have that power!

+ Skv007 on January 28th, 2010 at 1:10 pm said:

Great!
Gratz pm gpomg Gold/.
Now since the game is finished, do we get a earlier release date ;)

+ Darth-Krayt on January 28th, 2010 at 1:11 pm said:

Wow, this is shocking to me that the game has gone gold. Judging by the developer blogs on IGN, I wasn’t expecting this to happen for a while, in fact I was expecting the game to be delayed. I guess those blogs aren’t in “real-time”, lol.

+ Berae on January 28th, 2010 at 1:12 pm said:

Cant wait!! congrats for the gold!

Could you please make a ‘video’ of rain dropping on a black background kinda like in this video but for when you listen music like the earth one. That would be awesome!

+ igorsport09 on January 28th, 2010 at 1:14 pm said:

Awesome graphics.

+ Curse7781 on January 28th, 2010 at 1:14 pm said:

Already have mine pre-paid, looks to be a great game….kudos to Sony for taking a chance on this thriller title.

Quick question, for those that are wondering…are there any additional languages on the game? As I was quite impressed with the foreign trailers and it would be cool to see if it has French, Spanish, or Japanese language audio options.

+ BlooodyCow on January 28th, 2010 at 1:15 pm said:

This is officially the best day on the PlayStation blog. 3 (WKC, GoW3, HR) of my top most anticipated game getting blog post on the same day. YES. The day can become legendary with a Last Guardian blog post :)

+ Thwip on January 28th, 2010 at 1:15 pm said:

This is a unique situation for me. I likely will not download or play this demo. I have already decided that I WILL be buying this game, and a two chapter demo seems like a spoiller to me.

I understand the need though.

+ mywhitenoise on January 28th, 2010 at 1:15 pm said:

Pre-ordered it for $38, really not looking forward to it based on the gameplay I’ve seen so far…but hopefully it totally surprises me. Indigo Prophecy gets a lot of critical acclaim.

+ Berae on January 28th, 2010 at 1:17 pm said:

I forgot to ask.. will this video be on the PSN store today?

+ TheManick on January 28th, 2010 at 1:18 pm said:

Guys,

the term “gone gold” isn’t the same in the video game industry as it is in the movie industry.

Gone gold means that the code has been finalized and it is off to the print to be duplicated and ready for distribution.

But, glad to see the game is finished. Congrats on that guys and I can’t wait to play it!

+ SandSkorpion on January 28th, 2010 at 1:19 pm said:

Exactly Thwip. I’m not going to spoil this story drive game either. I suppose that for those sitting on the fence or maybe want to see the gameplay mechanics at work, it might be worth it.

+ Naughty_-_Dog on January 28th, 2010 at 1:20 pm said:

i have a question on the core demo you see alot of screen tearing is there that much screen tearing in the actual game.

+ tearsofash on January 28th, 2010 at 1:20 pm said:

Do stores have the DLC codes yet, or are they supposed to be available when you pick up the game?

+ xiked on January 28th, 2010 at 1:25 pm said:

Congratz! I have pre booked the collectors Edition! This game will be amazing!

+ glennis1 on January 28th, 2010 at 1:26 pm said:

tears of ash you beat me to number 20

i honestly hadn’t been to excited by the idea of this game up until this trailer i might still only rent but i might end up buying

+ saintaqua on January 28th, 2010 at 1:27 pm said:

How big is the demo’s download?
Will the actual game have an install?

Can you turn off swearing in the game?

+ Zion0153 on January 28th, 2010 at 1:30 pm said:

Wow, I can’t wait for this… Not sure if I want to pro-order from Best Buy or some place I can pick it up launch day..

Anyways, I’ve been waiting for this game forever! Can’t wait!

+ Ruffday on January 28th, 2010 at 1:32 pm said:

Talk about money grubbing! You have DLc already, for $, yet the game still costs $60! HeLL yeah I’m going to get the game, but give us a break.

+ NEJI64 on January 28th, 2010 at 1:34 pm said:

how come the MAG commercials don’t say $299 anymore.

+ AlbertPerK21 on January 28th, 2010 at 1:35 pm said:

@Darth-Krayt

The release date for this game was announced months ago and there have been many features on this blog and on Gamespot and also IGN about it. It will not disappoint.

+ UnKn0nSldr86 on January 28th, 2010 at 1:38 pm said:

sweet. will dl the demo when it comes out

+ HIGHESTofTHEMALL on January 28th, 2010 at 1:41 pm said:

Wow. Already pre-ordered the game. Gonna be amazing

+ Vabor on January 28th, 2010 at 1:41 pm said:

Excited for this title. When will the pre-order episode be made available?

+ zombie_56 on January 28th, 2010 at 1:43 pm said:

story looks like it could be 9.5-10 very impressive trailer!

+ jimmy903 on January 28th, 2010 at 1:46 pm said:

I can’t put into words how excited I am for this game. That trailer was (edited) awesome.

+ dragonmagician on January 28th, 2010 at 1:46 pm said:

Trailers and demo, and Four Days Challenge; I am very afraid that the game will be spoiled by the time it comes out.

+ MistaIncomniatic on January 28th, 2010 at 1:46 pm said:

i dnt like games tht r this real but i might make an exception its looks and presents itself very nicely

+ bbd23 on January 28th, 2010 at 1:52 pm said:

Congrats!. Is there a limited edition version?

+ Demonized on January 28th, 2010 at 1:52 pm said:

Really looking forward to the demo, Heavy rain looks amazing but I’ve been unsure of the gameplay despite it interesting me. I’m very very happy there is a demo because if I enjoy it as much as the trailers then I’m sure I’ll buy the game.

+ loakum on January 28th, 2010 at 1:52 pm said:

I think that Sony is making a big mistake by not releasing a collector’s edition of Heavy Rain in the United States, because I know a ton of people who are ordering it from UK’s hmv.com, for this very reason.

+ NEJI64 on January 28th, 2010 at 1:53 pm said:

are there any plans to tun Heavy Rain into a book…

if so i think James Patterson would be the best author. i’m a huge fan of his Alex Cross Novel.

+ Metellica505 on January 28th, 2010 at 1:54 pm said:

I really think a Collectors Edition should be released at some point at least

+ Goaliegeek on January 28th, 2010 at 1:58 pm said:

Oh yea. now this will definitely be a game that rattles your emotions.

+ Appo on January 28th, 2010 at 2:00 pm said:

Is this the same demo that we got to play at PAX?

+ Wollan on January 28th, 2010 at 2:07 pm said:

My most anticipated game this year. Got it pre-ordered.

+ jqtaxpayer on January 28th, 2010 at 2:08 pm said:

Looking forward to checking out the demo, I’ve heard a lot of good things.

+ Darkpen on January 28th, 2010 at 2:08 pm said:

Will there be a “It Only Does…” commercial for this game, or for that matter, the story-intensive games that’ll be releasing between February-March including Heavy Rain, Yakuza 3, and Final Fantasy XIII? I think it would be really helpful and smart to market Yakuza 3 and Heavy Rain together, as they’re both thematically directed towards adult gamers with mature noir storytelling.

+ RuthlessEd on January 28th, 2010 at 2:10 pm said:

Still no sense of the actual gameplay. Pray it’s not just an endless string on QTE’s.

+ kosluftar on January 28th, 2010 at 2:11 pm said:

Wow, today has to be the best news day ever for the PSBlog. UC2 DLC, GoW, WKC & Heavy Rain info all on the same day.

+ Black_Chamber on January 28th, 2010 at 2:15 pm said:

I am really excited to play this game! My Fiancee’ is going to play this with me – and any game that she wants to play with me is a good thing; since most games she can’t get into at all. She likes movies and “Se7en” and “Silence Of The Lambs” are 2 of her favorites – and this game plays out like both of them. Good news for me!

Heavy Rain will be awesome – no doubt about it.

+ mcbuttz78 on January 28th, 2010 at 2:21 pm said:

@4 gold is 500k copies sold.. Im ging get this game late not day.. But rest assured i will get it..

+ Tommy012345 on January 28th, 2010 at 2:27 pm said:

@ModernYorkshire

a Murder Bird for an Avatar!
*Drops dead in Delight…. or Was it the work of the Origami Killer?*