PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Heavy Rain Goes Gold, Demo Coming February 11

Jefferson Dong's Avatar + Posted by Jefferson Dong on Jan 28, 2010 // Product Marketing Manager, SCEA

It’s official! Heavy Rain has now gone gold in North America and is off to manufacturing. This PlayStation 3 exclusive, psychological thriller will be available at retail on Tuesday, February 23, 2010 (mark it on your calendar). Don’t forget to pre-order your copy now so you will receive the first chapter of Heavy Rain Chronicles (upcoming downloadable-only episodes for Heavy Rain) at no cost, and you’ll be able to download the first chapter once you’ve picked up your copy of Heavy Rain (otherwise, all others will need to pay $4.99 per chapter and won’t be able to download until a month later — more info to come on Heavy Rain Chronicles).

In addition, we are also confirming that the Heavy Rain demo will be available in North America on Thursday, February 11, 2010 (mark it on your calendar) for download from the PlayStation Store. The demo will allow players to play two chapters from Heavy Rain, featuring Norman Jayden, an FBI agent brought in to help local authorities track down the Origami Killer, and Scott Shelby, a private detective hired by the families of past victims of the Origami Killer to find the serial killer.

And finally, enjoy the new trailer for Heavy Rain!

114 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ fran_ASFAHA4565 on January 29th, 2010 at 1:31 pm said:

cant wait till this game comes out man

+ ADR143 on January 29th, 2010 at 3:19 pm said:

cant w8 for the demo!

+ woth28 on January 29th, 2010 at 4:17 pm said:

Feb is pretty crazy: White Knight Chronicles, BioShock2 and Heavy Rain ! PS3 rocks !

+ ChainClutch on January 30th, 2010 at 10:47 am said:

a demo, awesome!. I already pre-ordered the game and I guess its because I am in Canada, I did not receive anything special for pre-ordering it, no voucher code no nothing! Can anyone confirm how someone gets the first chapter of Heavy Rain Chronicles for free for pre-ordering this game? or is this another U.S.A. only thing.

+ Mobius23 on January 30th, 2010 at 11:30 am said:

Cannot wait for this game! Also,thanks for the free dlc with pre-order!

+ SNAKE-EYES73 on January 30th, 2010 at 2:41 pm said:

Finally a new demo for 2010 lol.. Heavy Rain! can’t wait but how are you going to monitor kids from playing this game Sony???…I mean the game is rated M for mature not 12 + up …
Also please give us more demos for 2010 White Knight Chronicles, Star Ocean 5 etc.. Just something worth mentioning! Cheers! =)

+ jj_spaceman on February 1st, 2010 at 1:31 pm said:

@eddieMX07:
Might as well wait for the inevitable special edition or whatever that’s sure to come 6 months down that road and will include all the DLC that you have to pay for right now.

+ AlbertPerK21 on February 2nd, 2010 at 8:05 am said:

@Darth-Krayt

Ahh I gotcha. Yeah that makes sense if the blog did say that on IGN. I would think those comments were real time as well if they were posted on a blog, not dated…but I guess they were in this case? Who knows. I just hope this game is great; I’ve been anticipating it for quite awhile. Guess we’ll see soon. Can’t wait for the demo on the 11th!

+ Jorgies on February 11th, 2010 at 7:03 am said:

@chain-clutch

Hey there, if you pre-order Heavy Rain from Gamestop or EB Games in Canada, you will receive the first downloadable chapter voucher code as a bonus. You can see the deal on their site gamestop . ca

+ monkeyboy461 on February 11th, 2010 at 9:23 am said:

Is this demo going to be available today, on the play station store?

+ elektricpanda on February 11th, 2010 at 12:51 pm said:

@monkeyboi461

yeah, it should be in the psn store in a few more hours.

+ ThePimento on February 11th, 2010 at 2:34 pm said:

Still nothing at 4:30pm CST. Lame.

+ malvadesa on February 11th, 2010 at 4:15 pm said:

Where is it?

+ vedder0two on February 12th, 2010 at 5:28 pm said:

So, I’ve played the demo as I am sure others out there have. Any first impressions? [I'm more interested in what everyone else thought about the demo as opposed to my own thoughts about it.]

PAGE 1 2 3