Driveclub

It’s Official, God of War III Will Be Attacking Stores on March 16th!

Eric Levine's Avatar + Posted by Eric Levine on Jan 28, 2010 // SCEA PR Manager

God of War Fans –

There have been a lot of people asking about when God of War III is going to hit store shelves. Well, today I have some good news to share for those of you eagerly awaiting this highly anticipated PS3 exclusive. Kratos fans can get their hands on God of War III beginning Tuesday, March 16! You can pick up the God of War III Ultimate Edition on the very same day, which includes premium collectibles and digital content that is fit for any Spartan warrior. I’m also thrilled to unveil the official box art for God of War III and God of War III Ultimate Edition. Here’s a look…

God of War III

For those you thirsty for more God of War excitement, on February 11, we’ll be debuting our brand new God of War III trailer exclusively on SPIKE’s GameTrailers TV, so make sure to tune in. And if you’d like to get reacquainted with Kratos and refresh your skills before March 16, the God of War Collection is now ONLY $29.99. This epic deal gets you God of War and God of War II in stunning HD for one low price! Stay tuned for more God of War news as we move closer to launch.

GOWIII Ultimate Edition box

In the End, There Will Be Only Chaos…

PAGE 1 2 3 5

+ ykiki5 on January 28th, 2010 at 9:00 am said:

Can’t wait!

+ Coheno on January 28th, 2010 at 9:03 am said:

Awesome! Can’t wait, and I want that Ultimate Edition!

+ Vaughn21 on January 28th, 2010 at 9:03 am said:

Already have the Ultimate Edition Pre-ordered. Now I just need to finish GOW II.

+ kandal978 on January 28th, 2010 at 9:03 am said:

whoop whoop!

+ UNCyrus on January 28th, 2010 at 9:04 am said:

I already have the Ultimate edition pre-ordered. Can’t wait for it to be March already…

Sidenote: WATCH THE TESTER!!

+ kristophergrin on January 28th, 2010 at 9:05 am said:

this is a blessing from the heavens.
i thank the gods.

+ DeviantBoi on January 28th, 2010 at 9:05 am said:

Any word on the weight of the Collector’s Edition? Pandora’s Box looks kinda heavy.

+ that-acmilan-guy on January 28th, 2010 at 9:05 am said:

Great boxart.

+ Sindred on January 28th, 2010 at 9:06 am said:

Absolutely brilliant! I can’t wait.

+ Morphine16 on January 28th, 2010 at 9:06 am said:

Day 1 buy for the ultimate edition :)

+ inkme1 on January 28th, 2010 at 9:07 am said:

im so freaking ready for this game! but im ok with the time frame, ill need a couple weeks to get through heavy rain.

+ Ratchet_Co on January 28th, 2010 at 9:07 am said:

haha That’s my birthday! Thanks Sony for the birthday gift XD.

+ colonel007 on January 28th, 2010 at 9:08 am said:

I think is a good boxart, but i would have love it if your had gone with the same style as the past two.

We all know who Kratos is, but having just his left eye zoomed in is not that great IMO. I had hoped that the boxart would be as epic as the game.

But anyways, I love this franchise, so I will be buying it day one!

God of War 3 = GOTY 2010

+ Blackdragon264 on January 28th, 2010 at 9:08 am said:

Glad I waited to buy the Collection. Can I get answer on the Challenge Arenas is it gonna be realeased afterward as DLC or is your only way to get it is by getting Ultimate Edition?

+ Noks415 on January 28th, 2010 at 9:09 am said:

Question. Will you be able to watch the GoW
documentary without it spoiling anything related to GoWIII, or is it a better idea to watch the documentary after you beat the game?

Eric Levine's Avatar

+ Eric Levine on January 28th, 2010 at 9:31 am said:

The Unearthing the Legend documentary will spoil key moments in God of War and God of War II, but it won\’t spoil anything in God of War III.

+ BlooodyCow on January 28th, 2010 at 9:10 am said:

I am in tears right now. I WOULD LIKE TO THANK YOU SONY AND SA FOR THIS AMAZING GAME. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

+ GAT305 on January 28th, 2010 at 9:10 am said:

have it paid off already but i want some new gow3 video those last pics are too much of a tease i need something i can watch!

+ Wolverick on January 28th, 2010 at 9:10 am said:

Any word on any game stop midnight openings?

Eric Levine's Avatar

+ Eric Levine on January 28th, 2010 at 9:26 am said:

There will be Midnight Madness events at GameStop and others stores. We\’ll have details shortly, stay tuned!

+ VofEscaflowne on January 28th, 2010 at 9:11 am said:

So the documentary is a download from the store instead of being on a blu ray disc? Kind of disappointing… ah well, it’s still pre-ordered and March 16th cannot come fast enough!

+ WestSiide on January 28th, 2010 at 9:11 am said:

i like the box art

+ ricky302 on January 28th, 2010 at 9:11 am said:

so does the God of War III Ultimate Edition have the same box art as the regular?

+ BlooodyCow on January 28th, 2010 at 9:12 am said:

@6 kristophergrin
Thank the gods?
You should be thanking Kratos because he is about to slaughter the gods.

+ akara1 on January 28th, 2010 at 9:13 am said:

I agree with colonel007
The boxart is ok but for a trilogy of the God of War series it looks somehow different and doesn’t really fit.

I also think that the darker coverart on the picture of the Ultimate Edition looks a bit better.

Nevertheless I’m glad that it will contain a flip-cover. A good decision Sony^^

+ evildude683 on January 28th, 2010 at 9:14 am said:

Already pre-ordered my Pandora’s Box…I just can’t freaking wait for this awesome game!!!

+ Kenshin71 on January 28th, 2010 at 9:14 am said:

“God of War Collection is now ONLY $29.99.”

Wow. I feel like I just got screwed by Sony again (first time was my 60GB got YLOD). Last time I buy anything like that again when it first comes out.

+ KidCommando on January 28th, 2010 at 9:14 am said:

By the Gods!

+ GamerMoney on January 28th, 2010 at 9:15 am said:

in the end there is only chaos

+ RedGiant17 on January 28th, 2010 at 9:18 am said:

Looks good. Got my platinums in GOW 1 & 2 in anticipation of this. Ultimate edition is pre-ordered and now I have a calendar reminder set for release day.

+ Goldcorn on January 28th, 2010 at 9:18 am said:

Wow a week after Final Fantasy. Why so close. I think I’ll get GOW.

+ jazzyrider on January 28th, 2010 at 9:18 am said:

Is the $29.99 price for the collection effective today? I would like to pick this up and get ready for the 3rd soon!

+ xBlackBloodx on January 28th, 2010 at 9:20 am said:

Fu*k yeah.

Thank you!

Now just some bundle info

and i’ll be set.

again.. THANK YOU.

+ EliteWarrior006 on January 28th, 2010 at 9:21 am said:

Aaaaaareeeeesssss!!! lol :) Now i just have to play the third part to see what destiny is preparing for Kratos…

+ hermes200 on January 28th, 2010 at 9:23 am said:

Wow, that collectors edition box looks pretty rad.
Do you know the size of that box? I might have some issues with customs :(

+ almighty-slayer on January 28th, 2010 at 9:24 am said:

I love you.

+ terribledeli on January 28th, 2010 at 9:26 am said:

Gamestop.com has the collection down to $30 ($25 used), so it’s safe to say the price drop is in effect.

As for people that will complain, don’t be an early adopter next time.

Anyone with any slight marketing background knew Sony would drop the price to boost sales prior to God of War 3.

+ k4shmoney623 on January 28th, 2010 at 9:28 am said:

I think I’ll be upgrading my pre-order to the Ultimate Edition because I just realized I might not want to open it because I’m too busy staring at it in amazement.

*Runs to go finish God of War II for the 2nd time and get that platinum trophy!*

+ WingTrl on January 28th, 2010 at 9:29 am said:

This is freckin’ sweeeeet. Can’t wait but one question

What is Pandora’s Box made of?

+ Destiny89 on January 28th, 2010 at 9:29 am said:

Thats just epic!
im so getting it day 1 and the ultimate edition

+ silverdoe_joker on January 28th, 2010 at 9:30 am said:

Notice that the Ultimate Collection box art is the same as the normal one. I remember it supposed to be darker!

+ mushroomhead_bg on January 28th, 2010 at 9:30 am said:

What about european release date?We are left in the dark wondering when it will be released here.
Come on please,announce the Euro release date.
Pleaaaase!

Eric Levine's Avatar

+ Eric Levine on January 28th, 2010 at 10:07 am said:

Keep an eye out today for an update on the European blog.

+ Lord_Rinja on January 28th, 2010 at 9:33 am said:

@Eric

I’m just as psyched as anyone about GOW III and have my collection with the demo downloaded onto my PS3. However, do you plan to release a Home Space, Personal Space and/or and GOW III related items for PSHome? I think a lot of fans here would love to have some Kratos themed costumes and spaces.

+ dragonmagician on January 28th, 2010 at 9:33 am said:

Oh, the unofficial boxart (as stated in this blog) became the official boxart. I personally don’t like it, but as long as the game is good, i guess.

+ Velmonte on January 28th, 2010 at 9:35 am said:

That box art sucks!
Personally I care about amazing box arts.

+ KazeEternal on January 28th, 2010 at 9:38 am said:

OMG I’m not even going to be done with FFXIII yet >< evil.

+ MadmanEU on January 28th, 2010 at 9:39 am said:

2 pieces of (semi-useful) information in a 10 day span…and this is what you consider ending an information drought? Good luck with actually trying market this game. You can’t even market to the hardcore PSBlog reader, let alone the mass market.

+ THE_J on January 28th, 2010 at 9:40 am said:

that box art is really lame,compared to the other 2 (3 if you count the PSP game) it’s also rather anticlimactic

+ Andrefpvs on January 28th, 2010 at 9:41 am said:

I can’t say I like the box art, but I’m glad there’s a price reduction for God of War Collection.

+ Berae on January 28th, 2010 at 9:42 am said:

Oh yea!! for my birthday! loll well 1 day after but still a nice present

+ UNCyrus on January 28th, 2010 at 9:42 am said:

@45… You’re EU, get off the US blog :P

don’t listen to him Santa Monica, just keep teasing us w/ information and we’ll be happy :)

+ necroticart on January 28th, 2010 at 9:43 am said:

Nice work on the ultimate ED.already preordered and pd for

I was also wandering if any home items are planned?

and keep up the great work.

PAGE 1 2 3 5