Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Jan 28

Jan 28

It’s Official, God of War III Will Be Attacking Stores on March 16th!

Eric Levine's Avatar Posted by SCEA PR Manager

God of War Fans –

There have been a lot of people asking about when God of War III is going to hit store shelves. Well, today I have some good news to share for those of you eagerly awaiting this highly anticipated PS3 exclusive. Kratos fans can get their hands on God of War III beginning Tuesday, March 16! You can pick up the God of War III Ultimate Edition on the very same day, which includes premium collectibles and digital content that is fit for any Spartan warrior. I’m also thrilled to unveil the official box art for God of War III and God of War III Ultimate Edition. Here’s a look…

God of War III

For those you thirsty for more God of War excitement, on February 11, we’ll be debuting our brand new God of War III trailer exclusively on SPIKE’s GameTrailers TV, so make sure to tune in. And if you’d like to get reacquainted with Kratos and refresh your skills before March 16, the God of War Collection is now ONLY $29.99. This epic deal gets you God of War and God of War II in stunning HD for one low price! Stay tuned for more God of War news as we move closer to launch.

GOWIII Ultimate Edition box

In the End, There Will Be Only Chaos…

Add Your Own

kristophergrin said:

January 28th, 9:44 am

@22 BloodyCow

can’t thank Kratos for work that yet not done, my friend…

CoBrA2168 said:

January 28th, 9:45 am

THIS IS AMAZING! I need to get the God Of War Collection ASAP!

maddymad said:

January 28th, 9:45 am

Love the box art!!!

eric_smexycan said:

January 28th, 9:45 am

Wow sick i JUST bought the Collection for full price. God for War 3 is going to be amazing. I play the demo almost every single day. Will there be pre-order bonuses?

Cyris said:

January 28th, 9:46 am

So the game case in the Ultimate Edition is just the normal plastic case? Not some awesome tin case like most Collector’s Edition come in?

saik said:

January 28th, 9:48 am

Just to let you guys know, if I see the word “Delay” anywhere near GoWIII. There will only be Chaos for the folks at Sony. You guys are warned. :)

Petoria54 said:

January 28th, 9:50 am

will we be able to pick up the ultimate edition even if we didn’t pre-order it?

bushisprez said:

January 28th, 9:53 am

Action GOTY 2010

Blkant said:

January 28th, 9:53 am

I wonder what the dimensions on pandoras box are.

I_LOVE_NEW_YORK said:

January 28th, 9:54 am

Can’t wait for the game to come out but do not really like the boxart. I wish it was more consistent with the last 2 games style of art. This was the same way with Metal Gear Solid 4 with the picture of the eyes and a side view of the face. Epic games like GOW3 and MGS4 deserve more epic covers

Invicta2 said:

January 28th, 9:55 am

I already have my Ultimate Edition on Pre-order from Amazon, and the Packaging itself for the Ulimate Edition looks AWESOME. However I have to admit, I’m not a huge fan of the Game Box art, but the game is what matters the most. And of course, I can’t wait until the new trailer!

oly1kenobi said:

January 28th, 9:57 am

I dont get the popularity of this game. All you do is run around with a sword that spins on a chain. Little skill, just run, jump, and push a button as fast as you can. Skill? I didnt use any playing through the demo.

ballisticzOne said:

January 28th, 9:58 am

that is the dumbest box art i’ve seen.

nv_Los said:

January 28th, 9:58 am

*sigh* i just bought GoW Collection for $40.00

letherclad said:

January 28th, 10:04 am

Thanks for the new, can’t wait!

Great job with the boxart!

Voozi said:

January 28th, 10:05 am

So I’ve been trying to figure this out since day 1 of the ultimate edition announcement…What’s the box made out of?

Llave said:

January 28th, 10:06 am

are we gonna get a Cinema Event like what happened with Uncharted 2?

xBlackBloodx said:

January 28th, 10:06 am

The box is how it is because the previous two games didn’t show his eyes at all.. since this is his big bang… they’re focusing only on the eyes…

Kidding i don’t really know. :p

LET’S GET SOME BUNDLE INFO!

Ultimate PS3 Bundle?! PLEASE!

krae_man said:

January 28th, 10:10 am

Did the MSRP for the Ultimate edition drop $10 to $89.99? That’s what Amazon has it at and that was the price I was told when I pre-ordered it at EB which is weird since Canadian game prices are normally way higher then the exchange rate justifies.

P.S. You could have made it one week later and launched on my Birthday ya know:p

kb4983 said:

January 28th, 10:12 am

Yeah I’m loving pretty much everything. But I too am a bit disappointed with the boxart :( I was hoping for a box art that was similar to the first two God of War titles. They both had superior box art.

Marsz85 said:

January 28th, 10:14 am

Wow, ugly friking box art! BLEH! Buying the game though but seriously? Please pull a Heavy Rain or something Sony!

Firelogic said:

January 28th, 10:17 am

@25
Were you born yesterday? Of course prices drop as time goes by. The fact that you paid a little more to get the game when it first came out is the price you pay to own it and play it before people who waited until now.

phinnv8 said:

January 28th, 10:18 am

Wow awesome. March is insane… Bad Company 2, Final Fantasy XIII, and God of War 3.

gdogg666 said:

January 28th, 10:21 am

@18 of course gamestop is gunna have midnight release this game is without a doubt game of the year also jeff i was right hehehehehe march 16th was the date :D man march 15th is gunna feel like the longist day ever though question is how come the us is the last to annouce the release date for the future game of the year 2010? as the u.s is the one makin the epic game hey jeff have u listen to the music from the ultimate edition? how brutally epic is it?

UnKn0nSldr86 said:

January 28th, 10:21 am

the box art looks scary…and not in a good way either.

Sony, you guys need to make better box art for your games man. first MAG, then Heavy Rain, now GoW?? c’mon, somebody needs to be fired.

with all that said, i’m somewhat excited for this game.

SOLID_RAIDEN said:

January 28th, 10:23 am

One of the ugliest boxarts I’ve ever seen in my life. Sony games consistantly have the ugliest covers in the history of video games. This cover drives a huge GOW fan like myself away from the game I can’t help but question what effect it will have on consumers in the marketplace. This is so disappointing, there is so much potential for an incredibly epic and awesome cover and we get a damn close up of Kratos’ eye. If you guys wanted it to fail you could have told me before I preordered the ultimate edition!

HatmanTc said:

January 28th, 10:24 am

So happy I’ve already paid this game of already

Cagalli said:

January 28th, 10:24 am

Wish the boxart was more in-line with the previous two games…

Warp2lvl9 said:

January 28th, 10:28 am

Great news!!! I have a questions. I don’t have a PS3 and I’m going to buy one just for this game. When are any, if any,PS3 bundles going to be announced.Like a limited edition one or just a bundle with the game.

JABEE said:

January 28th, 10:28 am

What material is the Pandora’s box made out of? I hope it isn’t cheap plastic like the bat boomerang.

i_like_toast said:

January 28th, 10:30 am

one happy gamer here

White Knight Chronicles, Yakuza 3, MLB 10: The Show, Heavy Rain, God Of War III all by the end of march? Yes please!

Can you guys maybe poke Polyphony Digital and get them to pick up the pace on Gran Turismo 5 :D

UnKn0nSldr86 said:

January 28th, 10:33 am

@ 76

exactly

WOLF873 said:

January 28th, 10:33 am

Is the Pandora box made from high quality material? I mean it would be heavy and sturdy right?

zombie9 said:

January 28th, 10:34 am

No word on PS3 GOW3 bundle with BC for PS2 games. dang, and sony I thought U wanted my money. LOL

ROLO_ONFIRE said:

January 28th, 10:35 am

GOW 1 and 2 had a lot better cover art, but it’s ok since this game is going to rock, and isn’t as ugly as the MGS4 cover.

SoFRESH200 said:

January 28th, 10:36 am

@76
“This cover drives a huge GOW fan like myself away from the game”

That’s the most ridiculous thing I’ve read on this Blog. You aren’t a true GoW fan/gamer if boxart turns you off.

XenoNative said:

January 28th, 10:37 am

OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH GOD!!!

XMAN_FROM_DA_209 said:

January 28th, 10:40 am

HELL YESSS ONE OF THE BEST Most Anticipated Game of 2010 HITS STORES MARCH 16 YESSSSSSSS CAN’T WAIT G.O.T.Y.

sck20crx said:

January 28th, 10:40 am

First comment ever, but it’s important. To probably more people than just myself. Will the trailer spoil any of the surprises I hope to see in the game? I am trying not to look through too many screen shots and what not but trailers are always awesome with the dialog and the epic music. I just REALLY don’t want to spoil the last installment.

Thanks

improperlyaged said:

January 28th, 10:42 am

hey just wondering. will the extra combat challenges offer additonal trophy support?????

TenaciousDMAN said:

January 28th, 10:42 am

What material is the Ultimate Edition box made out of?

krae_man said:

January 28th, 10:42 am

Oh and LOL at the official final box art being identical to the placeholder image.

ULRA-1- said:

January 28th, 10:44 am

Why such a boxart? hate it, but eh, can’t wait for the game

pgsdi said:

January 28th, 10:45 am

If it has not been said already….

GOW III is 2010 GOTY

Velmonte said:

January 28th, 10:49 am

Speaking of first-party titles of 2010, so far MAG is leading with the best box art..

I thought God of War III box art was going to be “jaw dropper” as the game might be.

gekko1986 said:

January 28th, 10:50 am

Abysmal box art as usual SCEA. Guys on Neogaf could make you about 10 ones that blow this one out of the water in a day. Perhaps you could outsource the box art to contributers to the Criterion Collection, because this is just plain ugly.

Heisem said:

January 28th, 10:52 am

Will i be rewarded with some cool stuff if i beat GoW Collection? (just like Uncharted 2)

Cesarcsrf said:

January 28th, 10:52 am

best CE EVAR!

HaLe_2_NaTHaN said:

January 28th, 10:52 am

@62 you obviously havnt played gow 1 & 2 and completed the challenge of the gods/titans now have you.Or beat either one on god/titan mode.Yeah didnt think so,until you do then you can talk to me about skill.Send me a friend request and you can see i platinumed them both,oh yeah and for the record the gow3 demo was extremely easy so i hope your noy just basing your opinion off that.And one more thing the “popularity” probably comes from the epic storytelling and ultra smooth gameplay from the first 2. *Sighs*

gdogg666 said:

January 28th, 10:54 am

kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos