LittleBigPlanet 3

It’s Official, God of War III Will Be Attacking Stores on March 16th!

Eric Levine's Avatar + Posted by Eric Levine on Jan 28, 2010 // SCEA PR Manager

God of War Fans –

There have been a lot of people asking about when God of War III is going to hit store shelves. Well, today I have some good news to share for those of you eagerly awaiting this highly anticipated PS3 exclusive. Kratos fans can get their hands on God of War III beginning Tuesday, March 16! You can pick up the God of War III Ultimate Edition on the very same day, which includes premium collectibles and digital content that is fit for any Spartan warrior. I’m also thrilled to unveil the official box art for God of War III and God of War III Ultimate Edition. Here’s a look…

God of War III

For those you thirsty for more God of War excitement, on February 11, we’ll be debuting our brand new God of War III trailer exclusively on SPIKE’s GameTrailers TV, so make sure to tune in. And if you’d like to get reacquainted with Kratos and refresh your skills before March 16, the God of War Collection is now ONLY $29.99. This epic deal gets you God of War and God of War II in stunning HD for one low price! Stay tuned for more God of War news as we move closer to launch.

GOWIII Ultimate Edition box

In the End, There Will Be Only Chaos…

+ kristophergrin on January 28th, 2010 at 9:44 am said:

@22 BloodyCow

can’t thank Kratos for work that yet not done, my friend…

+ CoBrA2168 on January 28th, 2010 at 9:45 am said:

THIS IS AMAZING! I need to get the God Of War Collection ASAP!

+ maddymad on January 28th, 2010 at 9:45 am said:

Love the box art!!!

+ eric_smexycan on January 28th, 2010 at 9:45 am said:

Wow sick i JUST bought the Collection for full price. God for War 3 is going to be amazing. I play the demo almost every single day. Will there be pre-order bonuses?

+ Cyris on January 28th, 2010 at 9:46 am said:

So the game case in the Ultimate Edition is just the normal plastic case? Not some awesome tin case like most Collector’s Edition come in?

+ saik on January 28th, 2010 at 9:48 am said:

Just to let you guys know, if I see the word “Delay” anywhere near GoWIII. There will only be Chaos for the folks at Sony. You guys are warned. :)

+ Petoria54 on January 28th, 2010 at 9:50 am said:

will we be able to pick up the ultimate edition even if we didn’t pre-order it?

+ bushisprez on January 28th, 2010 at 9:53 am said:

Action GOTY 2010

+ Blkant on January 28th, 2010 at 9:53 am said:

I wonder what the dimensions on pandoras box are.

+ I_LOVE_NEW_YORK on January 28th, 2010 at 9:54 am said:

Can’t wait for the game to come out but do not really like the boxart. I wish it was more consistent with the last 2 games style of art. This was the same way with Metal Gear Solid 4 with the picture of the eyes and a side view of the face. Epic games like GOW3 and MGS4 deserve more epic covers

+ Invicta2 on January 28th, 2010 at 9:55 am said:

I already have my Ultimate Edition on Pre-order from Amazon, and the Packaging itself for the Ulimate Edition looks AWESOME. However I have to admit, I’m not a huge fan of the Game Box art, but the game is what matters the most. And of course, I can’t wait until the new trailer!

+ oly1kenobi on January 28th, 2010 at 9:57 am said:

I dont get the popularity of this game. All you do is run around with a sword that spins on a chain. Little skill, just run, jump, and push a button as fast as you can. Skill? I didnt use any playing through the demo.

+ ballisticzOne on January 28th, 2010 at 9:58 am said:

that is the dumbest box art i’ve seen.

+ nv_Los on January 28th, 2010 at 9:58 am said:

*sigh* i just bought GoW Collection for $40.00

+ letherclad on January 28th, 2010 at 10:04 am said:

Thanks for the new, can’t wait!

Great job with the boxart!

+ Voozi on January 28th, 2010 at 10:05 am said:

So I’ve been trying to figure this out since day 1 of the ultimate edition announcement…What’s the box made out of?

+ Llave on January 28th, 2010 at 10:06 am said:

are we gonna get a Cinema Event like what happened with Uncharted 2?

+ xBlackBloodx on January 28th, 2010 at 10:06 am said:

The box is how it is because the previous two games didn’t show his eyes at all.. since this is his big bang… they’re focusing only on the eyes…

Kidding i don’t really know. :p

LET’S GET SOME BUNDLE INFO!

Ultimate PS3 Bundle?! PLEASE!

+ krae_man on January 28th, 2010 at 10:10 am said:

Did the MSRP for the Ultimate edition drop $10 to $89.99? That’s what Amazon has it at and that was the price I was told when I pre-ordered it at EB which is weird since Canadian game prices are normally way higher then the exchange rate justifies.

P.S. You could have made it one week later and launched on my Birthday ya know:p

+ kb4983 on January 28th, 2010 at 10:12 am said:

Yeah I’m loving pretty much everything. But I too am a bit disappointed with the boxart :( I was hoping for a box art that was similar to the first two God of War titles. They both had superior box art.

+ Marsz85 on January 28th, 2010 at 10:14 am said:

Wow, ugly friking box art! BLEH! Buying the game though but seriously? Please pull a Heavy Rain or something Sony!

+ Firelogic on January 28th, 2010 at 10:17 am said:

@25
Were you born yesterday? Of course prices drop as time goes by. The fact that you paid a little more to get the game when it first came out is the price you pay to own it and play it before people who waited until now.

+ phinnv8 on January 28th, 2010 at 10:18 am said:

Wow awesome. March is insane… Bad Company 2, Final Fantasy XIII, and God of War 3.

+ gdogg666 on January 28th, 2010 at 10:21 am said:

@18 of course gamestop is gunna have midnight release this game is without a doubt game of the year also jeff i was right hehehehehe march 16th was the date :D man march 15th is gunna feel like the longist day ever though question is how come the us is the last to annouce the release date for the future game of the year 2010? as the u.s is the one makin the epic game hey jeff have u listen to the music from the ultimate edition? how brutally epic is it?

+ UnKn0nSldr86 on January 28th, 2010 at 10:21 am said:

the box art looks scary…and not in a good way either.

Sony, you guys need to make better box art for your games man. first MAG, then Heavy Rain, now GoW?? c’mon, somebody needs to be fired.

with all that said, i’m somewhat excited for this game.

+ SOLID_RAIDEN on January 28th, 2010 at 10:23 am said:

One of the ugliest boxarts I’ve ever seen in my life. Sony games consistantly have the ugliest covers in the history of video games. This cover drives a huge GOW fan like myself away from the game I can’t help but question what effect it will have on consumers in the marketplace. This is so disappointing, there is so much potential for an incredibly epic and awesome cover and we get a damn close up of Kratos’ eye. If you guys wanted it to fail you could have told me before I preordered the ultimate edition!

+ HatmanTc on January 28th, 2010 at 10:24 am said:

So happy I’ve already paid this game of already

+ Cagalli on January 28th, 2010 at 10:24 am said:

Wish the boxart was more in-line with the previous two games…

+ Warp2lvl9 on January 28th, 2010 at 10:28 am said:

Great news!!! I have a questions. I don’t have a PS3 and I’m going to buy one just for this game. When are any, if any,PS3 bundles going to be announced.Like a limited edition one or just a bundle with the game.

+ JABEE on January 28th, 2010 at 10:28 am said:

What material is the Pandora’s box made out of? I hope it isn’t cheap plastic like the bat boomerang.

+ i_like_toast on January 28th, 2010 at 10:30 am said:

one happy gamer here

White Knight Chronicles, Yakuza 3, MLB 10: The Show, Heavy Rain, God Of War III all by the end of march? Yes please!

Can you guys maybe poke Polyphony Digital and get them to pick up the pace on Gran Turismo 5 :D

+ UnKn0nSldr86 on January 28th, 2010 at 10:33 am said:

@ 76

exactly

+ WOLF873 on January 28th, 2010 at 10:33 am said:

Is the Pandora box made from high quality material? I mean it would be heavy and sturdy right?

+ zombie9 on January 28th, 2010 at 10:34 am said:

No word on PS3 GOW3 bundle with BC for PS2 games. dang, and sony I thought U wanted my money. LOL

+ ROLO_ONFIRE on January 28th, 2010 at 10:35 am said:

GOW 1 and 2 had a lot better cover art, but it’s ok since this game is going to rock, and isn’t as ugly as the MGS4 cover.

+ SoFRESH200 on January 28th, 2010 at 10:36 am said:

@76
“This cover drives a huge GOW fan like myself away from the game”

That’s the most ridiculous thing I’ve read on this Blog. You aren’t a true GoW fan/gamer if boxart turns you off.

+ XenoNative on January 28th, 2010 at 10:37 am said:

OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH GOD!!!

+ XMAN_FROM_DA_209 on January 28th, 2010 at 10:40 am said:

HELL YESSS ONE OF THE BEST Most Anticipated Game of 2010 HITS STORES MARCH 16 YESSSSSSSS CAN’T WAIT G.O.T.Y.

+ sck20crx on January 28th, 2010 at 10:40 am said:

First comment ever, but it’s important. To probably more people than just myself. Will the trailer spoil any of the surprises I hope to see in the game? I am trying not to look through too many screen shots and what not but trailers are always awesome with the dialog and the epic music. I just REALLY don’t want to spoil the last installment.

Thanks

+ improperlyaged on January 28th, 2010 at 10:42 am said:

hey just wondering. will the extra combat challenges offer additonal trophy support?????

+ TenaciousDMAN on January 28th, 2010 at 10:42 am said:

What material is the Ultimate Edition box made out of?

+ krae_man on January 28th, 2010 at 10:42 am said:

Oh and LOL at the official final box art being identical to the placeholder image.

+ ULRA-1- on January 28th, 2010 at 10:44 am said:

Why such a boxart? hate it, but eh, can’t wait for the game

+ pgsdi on January 28th, 2010 at 10:45 am said:

If it has not been said already….

GOW III is 2010 GOTY

+ Velmonte on January 28th, 2010 at 10:49 am said:

Speaking of first-party titles of 2010, so far MAG is leading with the best box art..

I thought God of War III box art was going to be “jaw dropper” as the game might be.

+ gekko1986 on January 28th, 2010 at 10:50 am said:

Abysmal box art as usual SCEA. Guys on Neogaf could make you about 10 ones that blow this one out of the water in a day. Perhaps you could outsource the box art to contributers to the Criterion Collection, because this is just plain ugly.

+ Heisem on January 28th, 2010 at 10:52 am said:

Will i be rewarded with some cool stuff if i beat GoW Collection? (just like Uncharted 2)

+ Cesarcsrf on January 28th, 2010 at 10:52 am said:

best CE EVAR!

+ HaLe_2_NaTHaN on January 28th, 2010 at 10:52 am said:

@62 you obviously havnt played gow 1 & 2 and completed the challenge of the gods/titans now have you.Or beat either one on god/titan mode.Yeah didnt think so,until you do then you can talk to me about skill.Send me a friend request and you can see i platinumed them both,oh yeah and for the record the gow3 demo was extremely easy so i hope your noy just basing your opinion off that.And one more thing the “popularity” probably comes from the epic storytelling and ultra smooth gameplay from the first 2. *Sighs*

+ gdogg666 on January 28th, 2010 at 10:54 am said:

kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos kratos