No Man's Sky

PlayStation Comics Store Update

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Jan 28, 2010 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

Hi, everyone,

It’s time for the weekly update on PSP Digital Comics. As always, you can visit www.playstationcomics.com for more information. Below is the list of comics that will be available today.

PlayStation Digital Comics Banner

• //Add Your Own

39 Comments

+ munchkin92 on January 28th, 2010 at 6:08 am said:

good update this week :)

+ RedGiant17 on January 28th, 2010 at 6:19 am said:

Nice update!

Can you look into adding Friendly Neighborhood Spider-man #42 to complete the One More Day storyline? Parts 1, 3, & 4 are available, but not this one.

+ Jetup on January 28th, 2010 at 6:26 am said:

Wormwood #9?
    You guys skipped #8!???

+ leonhart9876 on January 28th, 2010 at 6:33 am said:

come on wheres the manga. well i guess here is another week sony wont be getting my money

+ k1ngsnak3 on January 28th, 2010 at 6:56 am said:

I’m hoping for the bundle / graphic novel deal where you still pay a lump sum but you get more than one at a time. Manga would also be nice! And man, I hope DC gets on board soon. Marvel is so-so with most of their storylines, but I prefer most of the DC universe.

+ Luck-E-Fresh on January 28th, 2010 at 6:57 am said:

still no rest of Death Of Captian America or Spiderman Brand New Day
    When are u gunna put up more stuff based after civil war
    these cliff hangers are killing me :(

+ SpiritThief on January 28th, 2010 at 7:01 am said:

Grace make sure you bring us some sales in the game store later:D

Steam sales make me go broke. Lets do it here too:D Even if its just one game a week.

I’m very happy with the comic store. X-men are my all time favorite and I look forward to more each week.

+ tsukasa1288 on January 28th, 2010 at 7:01 am said:

No manga = no purchases from me. Really gotta get some other publishers on board. You got a ton of anime on the video store, why not do the same with manga for the comic store?

+ Dardantuan on January 28th, 2010 at 7:07 am said:

This is a unique and great service!

How about some Mirage TMNT?

+ SilverPR on January 28th, 2010 at 7:19 am said:

This is kinda off topic but I found funny how the comic book store update is more on time every week in the morning and the PSN store has random and frustrating update times. Whoever is making the comic store updates the night before Thursday should work on the DLC store, to see if the updates are more early and on time.

+ DroDrago on January 28th, 2010 at 7:26 am said:

can someone plz tell me when canada is getin comics because i hav had it on my psp for how long now and i cant use it y do i need to have it then, i need all the space i can get

+ jr_dnx on January 28th, 2010 at 7:42 am said:

It would be great that this comic service comes also to the ps3 system and not only PSP owners… What about PS3 comic lovers? :(

+ zombie9 on January 28th, 2010 at 7:48 am said:

@12 LOL This is about it major update for the PSPgo we will see. 1 PSP game and maybe 1 Ps1 game on the update tonight for PSPgo. Pspgo has turned into a joke.

And your PS3 idea there working on it like voice chat. (theyll get to it when they get to it. go figuare).

+ mauaus on January 28th, 2010 at 8:05 am said:

Dear Grace,

Wheres paranormal activity #2 and BONGO comics.

Thanks,

Mauaus

+ NitsudRevart on January 28th, 2010 at 8:20 am said:

if you guys can tell us whats going to be updated on the comic store, why cant you tell us what GAMES we are getting. the lack of information on PSN is horrible. and where is vagrant story ?????

+ ThCToNyC84 on January 28th, 2010 at 8:37 am said:

hey im wondering the same as jetup,where’s wormwood #8???

+ Sindred on January 28th, 2010 at 8:52 am said:

I’m using this thing a LOT more than I thought I would. Cheaper Transformer comics and the motion and easy music player makes it a more entertaining experience. I agree with the TMNT comics. Any chance we’ll get DC?

+ Wuzan on January 28th, 2010 at 8:53 am said:

Dear Jeff,

When will we see some new video footage of GOW 3 please ?

I can’t wait anymore, i am going crazy if i don’t see some new gameplay videos.

+ ianism on January 28th, 2010 at 8:55 am said:

Please show CANADA some love SONY! On the outside looking in on this one.

+ Superbeens on January 28th, 2010 at 9:00 am said:

Please DON’T bring the comic store to PS3! As a Canadian I already have enough icons on my XMB that don’t do anything.

+ Locke_VI on January 28th, 2010 at 9:05 am said:

Great update! I’m going to buy some X-Men, Orgin and Hulk, and I’ll probably get Ultraheroes: Prologue, since it looks like its free.
    I hope we get Savage Dragon and Spawn in future updates.
    Keep up the good work!

+ krisbarratt on January 28th, 2010 at 9:12 am said:

Hi!
    I was really excited when I first saw this service as I have a Marvel digital account and figured this meant I could read my marvel digital comics on my PSP.

Obviously this isn’t the case though!

My question is:
    Is there ever going to be some form of integration between Marvel digital and “Playstation Comics”?

Thanks!

+ snowcrashed on January 28th, 2010 at 9:38 am said:

@krisbarratt nope, they are entirely seperate. PSP comics is multi publisher, & buy to keep. Marvel operate a single publisher streaming rental service

+ Loki_d20 on January 28th, 2010 at 9:39 am said:

Any plans to bring manga to the comic store? Would love to have Naruto Shippuden on my PSP.

+ anotherdae on January 28th, 2010 at 10:03 am said:

This service is great.

+ robertmc8 on January 28th, 2010 at 10:22 am said:

I don’t own psp lol Question Digital Comics are they even worth money later on after you buy them? Like real thing?

+ WoshJills on January 28th, 2010 at 10:25 am said:

Hey since the motion controller uses both the Eyetoy and a controller, how about calling it the Eyeball?

+ Locke_VI on January 28th, 2010 at 10:25 am said:

@3 #Jetup: I was just reading the EU blog, and Pete Stott from the Digital Comics Blog explained why Wormwood #8 wasn’t posted. Here’s a quote:
    “Ben Templesmith explored some areas where our lawyers were afraid to go. Fortunately it was a stand alone issue so it shouldn’t spoil any continuity in the Arcs……”
    I guess the issue had adult content or something….

+ Darth-Krayt on January 28th, 2010 at 11:05 am said:

To anyone who hasn’t read ORIGIN, make sure you pick that up. One of the greatest Wolverine comics of all time. It’s his true origin starting from when he was a child. It’s absolutely epic. Great story, great art. 10/10.

Grace, do you know if you guys are trying to get Darkhorse on board? I WANT STAR WARS COMICS!!

PLEASE ask Marvel to get Thanos 1-12 up in digital form, and Annihilation Prologue. Also MARVEL: THE END.

+ Velzorn on January 28th, 2010 at 12:06 pm said:

Can this great application be added to the “it only does everything” PS3?

+ larryd85 on January 28th, 2010 at 12:20 pm said:

hard copy of comics should come with a code that allows you to download the comic for Playstation for free…..

+ Solid-Snake-Eyes on January 28th, 2010 at 12:43 pm said:

Canada Canada Canada

+ jeffsmither on January 28th, 2010 at 1:20 pm said:

still no DC comics?

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on January 28th, 2010 at 1:44 pm said:

Any chance for motion comics to hit? What about watching comics on the 1080p TV using the PS3?

+ bataille on January 28th, 2010 at 3:38 pm said:

iPad = The Future of Comics.

+ Thrasher20 on January 28th, 2010 at 4:18 pm said:

Nice

+ Mindplague on January 29th, 2010 at 10:16 am said:

When will the Canadian store be getting this? What about Video?

+ Korlithiel on January 29th, 2010 at 11:11 am said:

Still no news to report on deleting comics from the PSP through the comics program? Hope to see that soon, as I’m still going to have to steer clear of buying comics if I can’t filter out the unwanted free stuff.

+ jkamcmillen on January 30th, 2010 at 2:41 pm said:

I want this for my PS3! Why was it only released for the PSP? Surely there are those that would love to read their old and new, visually stunning comic books on their nice big HDTVs. :)