PS3-TLOU Left Behind

Kratos Fury Invading Local 7-Eleven Stores

Evan Brody's Avatar + Posted by Evan Brody on Jan 29, 2010 // Marketing Manager, Slurpee & Big Gulp Brands

Hi all, my name is Evan Brody, the Marketing Manager for Slurpee and Big Gulp Brands. Basically I’m the guy who gets to work with cool properties like God of War III to create promotions for Slurpee drinks. For those of you who can’t get enough of Kratos before the March release (let’s face it, that’s most of us), I’ve got some exciting news to share! For the past few months we’ve been busy working with our good friends at Mountain Dew and at SCEA to formulate the perfect blend of ferocious blackberries and frosty limes to create “Kratos Fury,” the featured Slurpee flavor for the months of February and March at your local 7-Eleven stores. And to sweeten the deal, this vengeful delight will be available in one of four exclusive God of War III Slurpee cups. The limited Kratos Fury flavor and exclusive God of War III cups will hit 7-Eleven stores across the U.S. starting next week, but I’ve got your first look at the artwork below:

GoW III Slurpee Cup Images

*While supplies last

Between February 1st and March 31st, you can stop into any participating 7-Eleven store to quench your thirst with a one-of-a-kind fruit flavored Slurpee drink and pick up one (or more!) of four God of War III cups to collect Slurpee Nation rewards codes that can be redeemed at Slurpee.com for exclusive God of War III and Slurpee-themed downloadable content. We also pulled some strings to give you a sneak peek at some of the goods:

GoW III Morpheus Armor Kratos

GoW III Dynamic Theme

God of War III Promo Shirt Kratos Male God of War III Promo Shirt Kratos Female

God of War III Creating the Chimera

We’ve got more updates coming, so here’s a tip – start building up your brain-freeze tolerance now and check back next week for more details from the PlayStation team.

+ VJKdotCC on January 29th, 2010 at 2:10 pm said:

LAME!!!!! The nearest 7-11 is 368 miles away!!!

+ KidCommando on January 29th, 2010 at 2:18 pm said:

Very cool promo!

Will definitely be filling up on Kratos Fury Slurpees next month to get those goodies.

It’s about time you market your game Sony! God of War deserves a large marketing campaign and it looks like you are making it happen.

Keep it up.

+ xtremeimport on January 29th, 2010 at 2:36 pm said:

if canada doesnt get this or something similar i’m gonna be pretty upset. We and many other countries get screwed over with contests and adverts like this. this goes back to Canada still not having a video store…

+ Elatis on January 29th, 2010 at 2:49 pm said:

For those that don’t know Canada is the worlds largest consumer of Slurpee products (with one of our cities usually being named Slurpee capital of the world)….and we get left out again.

Somehow I don’t think Sony really cares at all about Canada anymore. Thanks guys I’ll make sure I show my support in return.

+ divine1000 on January 29th, 2010 at 3:05 pm said:

Some great content there, hope it makes it’s way over to the UK. You can keep the Slurpees though.

+ ADR143 on January 29th, 2010 at 3:19 pm said:

will try to get it

+ TheUndertaker85 on January 29th, 2010 at 3:19 pm said:

Could we get a little clarification though?

“While you’re at 7-Eleven, you can also pick up a 2 Liter or 20oz bottle of Mountain Dew to score an additional voucher code that can be redeemed for a Mountain Dew hoodie or God of War III virtual t-shirt for PlayStation Home.”

Does this mean Mountain Dew hoodies for Home or actual hoodies? Either are fantastic but I’d LOVE to see some Mountain Dew goods in Home.

+ sirgrinalot on January 29th, 2010 at 3:42 pm said:

Wow, one of the coolest promotions I have seen in a while, and a freekin new flavor of Mountain Dew (my favorite drink) but one catch, there are now 7-Elevens even remotely near Jacksonville, Fl this has to be one of the saddest days of my life :(

+ D-Squad3 on January 29th, 2010 at 3:46 pm said:

Please tell me that you can get that dynamic theme through PS Store!

+ Kchow23 on January 29th, 2010 at 4:01 pm said:

Will these 7-11 Slurpees be avaiable in Canada?

+ JPMCH on January 29th, 2010 at 4:11 pm said:

@ D-Squad3

I hope that everyone can get all that stuff through PS Store… I wouldn’t mind to pay for that cool stuff.

Here in Mexico we have 7-Eleven… but I’m sure that we won’t get that Slurpee promotion.

+ DNAgent on January 29th, 2010 at 4:14 pm said:

There isn’t a 7-11 in my state.

Promotion FAIL.

+ Elatis on January 29th, 2010 at 4:17 pm said:

You know other companies have had no problems doing a promo like this for our country (like the MS Halo Slurpee promo that was in many countries).
So why does Sony have a problem?

+ zopi-san on January 29th, 2010 at 5:45 pm said:

ohh men i dont live in the usa!!

+ PSfanatic on January 29th, 2010 at 6:44 pm said:

Awesome marketing idea!
Thanks 7-11 for this and for sponsoring Tony Kanaan in the Izod IndyCar Series.

+ manofchao5 on January 29th, 2010 at 6:58 pm said:

@drunkennative
why would you want a contest thats stupid because we would have a few people out of a few million
this gives everyone a better chance at getting something and i’d rather have an awesome mountain dew slurpee mix and a collectible kratos cup than a chance at special edition which i could just buy but this is limited time

+ jimmy903 on January 29th, 2010 at 6:58 pm said:

Those cups look badA$$.

+ biggunner7 on January 29th, 2010 at 7:23 pm said:

I don’t have a 7-Eleven here in Douglas,Alaska so will the god of war 3 themes be available on playstation store soon or any of the god of war stuff from 7-Eleven be available on the playstation store or Home soon

+ poodude on January 29th, 2010 at 7:50 pm said:

Aww, I wish these would come to Canada. I don’t even like ‘slurpees’, but I would buy a ton just for Kratos (cuz he’d probably kick my butt if I didn’t).

+ ompong1993 on January 29th, 2010 at 8:35 pm said:

YEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAA, Im a DieHard GOD OF WAR FAN, i have both god of war1&2 for PS2, i have chain of olympus, i have GoWCollection and im getting GoW3 ultimate edition and all of this cups! Cant wait!

+ StarTroop on January 29th, 2010 at 8:45 pm said:

Sweet, how ’bout a blood n’ guts flavour to complete the package!

+ SKdblE on January 29th, 2010 at 9:16 pm said:

is it going to be random as far as what you get or is it by cup ? I would love to get the skins and the dynamic theme

+ Solid-Snake-Eyes on January 29th, 2010 at 11:31 pm said:

I want the blue Kratos skin, give Canadians a chance to get this please. :(

+ GameKraze on January 30th, 2010 at 2:35 am said:

I’m going to be traveling 80 to 100 miles to my nearest 7-11, since Kentucky does not have one, to get ALL of this! And yes, I am a uber fan of the God of War series.

+ hellfox666 on January 30th, 2010 at 2:45 am said:

whoa i hope i have a 7-11 store here i want to buy them all

+ hellfox666 on January 30th, 2010 at 2:58 am said:

ok i can say it all now im a huge fan of GOW and ive played and beaten them all on god mode cant wait to dominate GOW3 i will be buying it as soon as it comes out but is it on march 9th or 16th anyway i own them all and im freaking out it comes out for my birthday yay and to those who r downing the GOW OBVIOUSLY U DONT KNOW WAT KOOL IS and also they will probably put this stuff on ps store so stop freaking out the contest is to give some stuff away for free and to help those companies so dont freak out its just SONY being awesome like always also wat things will there be secret in the add ons or locked in the game also will there be cheats because i hate cheats i like to show off with skill so thats all srry for long text SONY IS THE GREATEST ps3 better than xbox for sure

+ Grudgescar on January 30th, 2010 at 4:34 am said:

I wonder if Sony is gonna push harder with more promotion going into the games launch. I felt they didn’t do enough with Uncharted 2.

+ vector090 on January 30th, 2010 at 8:43 am said:

listen just type “where is 7-eleven in (enter state here)” and it should take you to http://www.superpages.com if you clicked the first link then just select your state and then county (whichever is closest to you)

+ Deadpool3g on January 30th, 2010 at 9:11 am said:

Good way to say thanks for waiting. I’ll be at 7-11 next week.

+ JSC31994 on January 30th, 2010 at 10:09 am said:

Sweet haven’t had a slurpee in a long time. Nice job.

+ DJ_ICEY on January 30th, 2010 at 10:12 am said:

Houston is a big city, yet, no 7Eleven. That sucks balls.

+ jds07 on January 30th, 2010 at 10:27 am said:

I like the way the are promoting God of War III, but just wish it was hyped up the way Halo 3 was. Halo 3 had a Mountain Dew drink that was sold in every store that sold 20 oz soda. This is only sold in 7 Eleven stores. If ICEE took a chance to promote this game, more people could get there hands on it. As much as I want to my hands on these cups, can’t afford to drive more than 400 miles just for some exclusive content. I hope there will another way to retrieve these codes. I really the want that theme and the blue Kratos skin.

+ JSAWZ_96 on January 30th, 2010 at 10:55 am said:

those look really cool but as long as ive lived in North Alabama ive never seen or been in a 7 Eleven store :(

+ Mobius23 on January 30th, 2010 at 11:13 am said:

I would really love to have this promotion available on canadian shores, if not at least the codes via email.

+ ompong1993 on January 30th, 2010 at 12:02 pm said:

I live in CA, i been at 7-eleven and they dont have it(YET?)

+ bmj420 on January 30th, 2010 at 12:40 pm said:

but how can i buy psn cards with debit

+ bmj420 on January 30th, 2010 at 12:48 pm said:

yo ijust read all the false advertizing its redonkulus

+ bmj420 on January 30th, 2010 at 12:53 pm said:

id like too have that last statement striken from the record

+ msriflegirl on January 30th, 2010 at 1:58 pm said:

I wish there were 7-11′s in NC…hopefully I will get the chance to pick up a cup next time I am in VA…

+ k4shmoney623 on January 30th, 2010 at 7:56 pm said:

Will the extras be available sometime after via PSN or is 7-Eleven the only option? I live in Albany, NY and there’s no 7-Eleven around that doesn’t require me to cross states :(

+ TraponeJR on January 30th, 2010 at 10:12 pm said:

Yes it sucks for a lot of people who live outside of the U.S. or on the east in the U.S.
7 Elven stores are mostly on the west coast. But it does not really surprise me at all the made the decision to go with 7 Eleven on this promotion because the creators of the God Of War Franchise are located in Santa Monica CA. We’ve seen this done before by Sony. Just look at all the extra stuff Europe is getting for the Heavy Rain release because the game creators are in Europe. This may be unfair but I have no doubt this stuff will eventually hit the PSN stores in all regions of the world.

+ Dex_DarkDefender on January 30th, 2010 at 10:20 pm said:

That is one badass wallpaper! sorry for the language but WOW

+ fffggg4455 on January 31st, 2010 at 12:05 am said:

Nice, very nice. It’s obvious that PS3 exclusives are better than 360(LBP/Killzone/Uncharted/MGS/Gran Turismo/God of War/MAG versus freakin’ Halo/Gears of War), but it’s nice to see that Playstation is being slightly more agressive in advertising. This should get the idea into their heads that there are beter things out there than Halo(much better things).Mayby if X-bots new how bad the crap their playing really is, they might join PSN and play games THAT ARE ACTUALLY GOOD!

+ jadhav on January 31st, 2010 at 1:15 am said:

i also want one

+ ParadoX444 on January 31st, 2010 at 5:23 am said:

One of playstations best marketing ideas yet, just don’t mess it up of a dear playstation commercial.

+ TwilightVenom on January 31st, 2010 at 5:48 pm said:

I just found out that I’m going to the US in February, so that’ll be my chance to load up on all the GoW goodies. :) One question though, can the codes be redeemed on a Canadian account?

+ komotaya on January 31st, 2010 at 8:26 pm said:

really dumb for me huge god of war fan and there’s no 7-eleven for 77 miles from raleigh

+ LakaiorDie217 on January 31st, 2010 at 8:36 pm said:

I can’t wait until these cups come out!!!! God Of War is the sickest franchise ever created!!!!!!! Thank you so much sony!!! (Kratos FTW!)

+ xBlackBloodx on January 31st, 2010 at 8:56 pm said:

i’m about ready to leave to go get my slurpee. :) i seen them getting ready. :) i live right next to a 7-11 :) i’m going there with a 20 and buying as much as i can get with that. :) ha.

+ super-cheeseman on January 31st, 2010 at 9:19 pm said:

I want some slurpee is the cups coming to canada?