Uncharted 4

Kratos Fury Invading Local 7-Eleven Stores

Evan Brody's Avatar + Posted by Evan Brody on Jan 29, 2010 // Marketing Manager, Slurpee & Big Gulp Brands

Hi all, my name is Evan Brody, the Marketing Manager for Slurpee and Big Gulp Brands. Basically I’m the guy who gets to work with cool properties like God of War III to create promotions for Slurpee drinks. For those of you who can’t get enough of Kratos before the March release (let’s face it, that’s most of us), I’ve got some exciting news to share! For the past few months we’ve been busy working with our good friends at Mountain Dew and at SCEA to formulate the perfect blend of ferocious blackberries and frosty limes to create “Kratos Fury,” the featured Slurpee flavor for the months of February and March at your local 7-Eleven stores. And to sweeten the deal, this vengeful delight will be available in one of four exclusive God of War III Slurpee cups. The limited Kratos Fury flavor and exclusive God of War III cups will hit 7-Eleven stores across the U.S. starting next week, but I’ve got your first look at the artwork below:

GoW III Slurpee Cup Images

*While supplies last

Between February 1st and March 31st, you can stop into any participating 7-Eleven store to quench your thirst with a one-of-a-kind fruit flavored Slurpee drink and pick up one (or more!) of four God of War III cups to collect Slurpee Nation rewards codes that can be redeemed at Slurpee.com for exclusive God of War III and Slurpee-themed downloadable content. We also pulled some strings to give you a sneak peek at some of the goods:

GoW III Morpheus Armor Kratos

GoW III Dynamic Theme

God of War III Promo Shirt Kratos Male God of War III Promo Shirt Kratos Female

God of War III Creating the Chimera

While you’re at 7-Eleven, you can also pick up a 2 Liter or 20oz bottle of Mountain Dew to score an additional voucher code that can be redeemed for a Mountain Dew hoodie or God of War III virtual t-shirt for PlayStation Home.

We’ve got more updates coming, so here’s a tip – start building up your brain-freeze tolerance now and check back next week for more details from the PlayStation team.

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ KyubiStewie on January 31st, 2010 at 9:33 pm said:

Cool! A blue Kratos! :D

+ SuperDuder on January 31st, 2010 at 10:26 pm said:

Pinch me Jeff, I must be dreaming. I think ill get a 7/11 big slurp kratos cup and hang it up on my wall. ^_^

+ HOPPER_34 on February 1st, 2010 at 10:27 am said:

Is the Mountain Dew promo separate from the GOW slurpee one? I got 3 shirts—the 7-11 t,the GOW t and the slurpee hoodie so far…..are there more Home items related to the Mountain Dew part of this? Thx

+ TailsTheCat on February 1st, 2010 at 1:08 pm said:

You people made it seem like you ‘buy a slurpee, get a code for the theme’. Very deceitful marketing, very misleading. Six points for a theme and how many points is one code worth? Pathetic.

+ hoston57 on February 1st, 2010 at 1:49 pm said:

finally there is kratos in a chain store. my question is and nobody has asked what material is the cup made of. i do hope its plastic not that waxy cardboard.

+ hoston57 on February 1st, 2010 at 1:53 pm said:

does anybody know

+ Buffalo_Raisin on February 1st, 2010 at 3:52 pm said:

@hoston57
At my 7-11 I did not see any collectible plastic cups for God of War III akin to those that are usually released with the big blockbuster movies/Halo 3/etc. However, I DID see the cups with different artwork in the waxy paper variety, so I’m thinking that’s not a great sign. It is still the first day of the promotion, though, so high hopes remain!

+ miami2399 on February 1st, 2010 at 4:03 pm said:

Yeah, 2 store near me and no freaking cups. Either they don’t know how to order or this promo has not been handled very well. I was going to buy all of them today.

+ UP-UR-ASSS on February 1st, 2010 at 9:30 pm said:

when will we be able to change our PSN ID’s with out losing the throphys and online recods???????????

+ EXTREME_rkmn on February 2nd, 2010 at 6:31 am said:

has anyone been able to find these? My 7-11 does not have them yet :(

+ EXTREME_rkmn on February 2nd, 2010 at 6:40 am said:

Wait, I just read through the comments and they are *cardboard/wax* cups? That’s a huge disappointment. I feel like I’m a nitpicky fanboy but as a collector, plastic would look a lot better sitting next to my Ultimate Edition that I’m going to win in the Ultimate GOW Fan contest ;D

lol I dont really care I’m still going to buy several so I can get all the codes and some Mountain Dews to drink and some to keep. Suprised the mountain dew does not have it’s own flavor like Halo and Warcraft though. Just wish my 7-11 had this stuff already! I’ve been two days straight and nothing! Was there a delay on the east coast because of the winter storm that just went through?

+ flipplaysguitar on February 2nd, 2010 at 12:47 pm said:

i went to three different 7-elevens yesterday (they’re everywhere down here in southern california… all the ones i went to are within a 5 mile radius of where i live. :p) and they all had the new flavor but no one knew anything about new cups. i’m going to check some more today and let you guys know what i find out.

+ Mza49311 on February 2nd, 2010 at 3:15 pm said:

It’s Feb 2nd and I cannot find the cups at my local store, this sucks because I collect slurpee cups and cannot find this series, I totally want it! Are these cardboard cups? or the cool plastic ones I can keep and reuse?

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on February 2nd, 2010 at 4:19 pm said:

FYI, the dynamic theme is a completely still image of kratos’ face, and the fire in his eyes flickers a little. no facial movement. no background movement. not even any damn blinking. i’d say not worth it. i got the 10-point character skin too, and i feel pretty stupid for doing that, as i’m sure it’ll also be a waste.

+ SNAKE-EYES73 on February 2nd, 2010 at 5:10 pm said:

Yeah its only cool for people who live in the huge Cities Sony Dumb & Dumber you are with advertising this! I don’t have any 7 Eleven’s where I live!..Omg seriously they need to think of a better Marketing campaign then what there doing now!…=(

+ miami2399 on February 2nd, 2010 at 6:04 pm said:

So I have been to all three 7-11 around me and no cups or new flavor. They do have all of the promo stuff up though. Kinda irritating to see the stuff advertised but not be able to buy it.

+ MrDavid2112 on February 2nd, 2010 at 7:00 pm said:

Cool idea, too bad it doesn’t apply to Canadians. Anyways here’s a funny thought.

Clerk: Hi welcome to 7-11!
Kratos: WHERE IS YOUR MOUNT OLYMPUS DEW?
Clerk: Ummm, it’s just Mountain Dew sir.
Kratos: NONE SHALL DEFY ME!
Clerk: Oh my god, stop shouting!
Kratos: (calm voice) If you serve the gods, then you shall die. [Attacks clerk]

;)

+ HIM_Darling on February 3rd, 2010 at 1:53 am said:

According to Technabob(just google “god of war cups at 7-11″ and it should be the first link) the cups are going to be plastic collectible cups. Probably like the ones I have for Wolverine and Transformers 2. Very cool! Going to go to 7-11 on the way to work tomorrow afternoon and get some!

+ WYSIWYG57 on February 3rd, 2010 at 8:19 am said:

I just checked this morning, before work. They had the posters up about collecting codes, but no cups and no blackberry lime.
I asked the clerk at the register, and she didn’t know anything about GOW collector cups, and she tried to sell me left over WWE cups.

+ SumoXL on February 4th, 2010 at 5:48 am said:

i got my cups in Brooklyn NY and By The Gods my friends Athena had duped us again these cups are paper. i couldn’t believe it either until i checked all the cups and the images are scene on this site match the cheapy paper cups. Zeus why do you hate me soooo!!!!

+ SumoXL on February 4th, 2010 at 5:51 am said:

if anyone wants to see the cups send me an email and i will send pics [DELETED]. It is a horrible shame. Now you know all my friends that THIS IS A RECESSION

+ miami2399 on February 4th, 2010 at 8:17 am said:

Day 4 of the promo AND STILL NO CUPS!!! Hell I cant even find the flavor! The posters are all up though. This Promo officially sucks!!

+ SumoXL on February 4th, 2010 at 10:43 am said:

they are not worth it they are wax paper

+ traininvain90 on February 4th, 2010 at 3:46 pm said:

Where are the cups?! -.-
LJII19: nope.

+ calvin_0 on February 5th, 2010 at 3:13 am said:

is this a US only event or worldwide event? you know malaysia have 7-11 as well…. it would be suck if only US 7-11 get the event.

+ BiLwiS on February 5th, 2010 at 9:22 am said:

hello, I love all GOW games, and i am sure to love gow 3, BUT, …silly question, why does my PS3 XMB ticker in the right hand top side of the screen keep saying “fuel the wrath of kratos at 7-eleven”. i have seen it go by like 100 x. please stop telling me to go to 7-eleven. its almost SPAM -IN- my ps3, which cannot be turned off. … … … *sigh*

+ mpoorbaugh on February 5th, 2010 at 5:51 pm said:

I wrote 7-11 an email asking about them and the next day got a response saying they have been delayed from shipping. He got me all four today (still not in stores) and feel stupid for even waisting my time. I thought they would be the cool plastic cups like the Iron Man, Halo, GI Joe and others they have made; but there just the regular paper cups. Not worth waiting for. O_o

+ mpoorbaugh on February 5th, 2010 at 5:52 pm said:

And cup code’s do not work!!!!!!!

+ freeluv on February 6th, 2010 at 9:21 pm said:

So went to get my cup and found out they’re the cheap paper ones not plastic. Lame. Oh well at least I’ll get a theme and a slurpee

+ mralfredo2 on February 7th, 2010 at 2:49 am said:

I got both GOW 3 themes, love the one with kratos’ eyes on fire.
Got a look at behind the scenes vid it is just about the new animation detail of the new (half lion/ half goat) character.
Got the two PC wallpaper for my PC.
BUT DIDNT Bother getting the PS Home shirts because I never go on it.
Got the code for the Kratos blue character skin.
HOW???? I took pics of the cups with the codes in em w/o me spending a single dime.
BUT cant redeem Kratos’ skin character until game is released & UNTIL the entire game has been beaten in any difficulty level.
Already PRE-ORDERED the game played the E3 demo (SICK!!!) CAN’T wait till it comes out
NICE!!!

+ dragonprincess89 on February 8th, 2010 at 2:55 pm said:

I too had the problem of the cups not being at the store for the first week of the promotion. So when I went in today and saw only the crappy paper cups I was really bummed. I was so excited for the release and that’s what I got. The blackberry lime flavor is really good but the cups were extremely disappointing. I thought that the cups were supposed to come out in both static and dynamic theme. Doesn’t that mean that the static theme was supposed to be on the paper cups and the dynamic theme is supposed to be on the hard plastic collectible cups like the G.I. Joe cups did? What in the name of the God of War is going on here?!?!

+ diablo_138 on February 9th, 2010 at 10:07 am said:

don’t even bother the cups are like mcdonalds cups. They absolutely suck. Personally i think the prizes suck 2. I could see if the cups where plastic but there like paper doh. Although the flavor wasn’t all that bad.

+ JediNiltag on February 9th, 2010 at 5:05 pm said:

I was excited about this promotion… until I got some. The flavor is alright, should of been red for all the blood I’ll be spilling when I get the game. There were no “special” cups. :( And the frakkin’ code didn’t work. I feel like triangle+circle+triangle some harpies. I might try again.

Will these downloads be available later in the Store?

+ jacobjeff98 on February 9th, 2010 at 5:43 pm said:

i have been to 5 stores already and none have the cups… or know what im talking about…. ????

+ dragonprincess89 on February 10th, 2010 at 2:13 pm said:

@184: jacobjeff98 – I wouldn’t worry about it. Like 182: diablo_138 said, the cups suck. They are just regular paper cups that won’t last. The should’ve made the cups out of hard plastic like the other promotional cups from movies like G.I. Joe.

+ iamconja on February 10th, 2010 at 5:23 pm said:

I went to my local 7-11 down the road, and they had the promo stuff up. But when I asked the guy where the cups were, he said they weren’t coming ’cause something was screwy with the codes.

+ UofMGuy85 on February 10th, 2010 at 10:10 pm said:

Hey all. You don’t even HAVE to get the special GoW cups to get the free stuff. (Though the cups look really cool.) Any Slurpee cup will work and all you have to do is register at http://www.slurpee.com to redeem the codes on the cups. Once you “purchase” the items through their online store you will get an email with the PSN code to get your items. :-)

+ miami2399 on February 11th, 2010 at 12:06 pm said:

The cups are crap and I still cant find the flavor. The signage is all up though.

+ MyDeadSoul on February 12th, 2010 at 3:28 pm said:

i can’t believe people get excited about dlc. you pay enough for a game as it is, why pay more and fill up hard drive space? and how long will you keep that cheap cup? god of war is just like any of the many tired 3d hack and slash games with horrible camera controls. the premise was good for the first game. can’t game makers do anything but make stupid sequels?

+ lidmarr on February 14th, 2010 at 9:53 pm said:

I made my mom buy me some of these cups! They aren’t that crappy plastic stuff they are REAL paper which is good for the environment! Here is a photo of these exquisite cups in action!

I was so pumped I drank both of the slurpees and immediately posted this!

+ Tigrex_slayer on February 15th, 2010 at 12:13 am said:

why couldnt the cups be made out of plastic? its still a good cup though

+ thePhildown on February 21st, 2010 at 3:05 am said:

I disagree on it being a “good cup”. It’s supposed to be a collectors cup, yet once I’m done with my slushee the bottom of the cup is already soggy. I was really hoping on these being the plastic cups, but since I got a free dynamic theme I guess I won’t complain.

PAGE 1 2 3 4