GTAV PS4

PlayStation Network Video Content Update

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Jan 29, 2010 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

Hi Everyone,

As we approach the last weekend in January, we have some great new titles on the Video Store. Enjoy movies like Surrogates, Saw VI, and Michael Jackson’s This is It, or a FREE Episode of Naoki Urasawa’s Monster (available through 2/9). If you’re in the concert-going mood, but don’t feel like leaving your couch, you can also check out our Sony Digital Concert Series featured collection to see live concerts in full-HD and 5.1 digital surround sound (on your PS3).

Check out this clip for brand new release Whip It, also available this week, starring Juno’s Ellen Page!

FREE NEW ARRIVALS

MOVIE NEW ARRIVALS

• Michael Jackson’s This Is It
  • Saw VI
  • Surrogates
  • Whip It!
  • The Boys Are Back
  • I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell (unrated)
  • Inalienable

• Psych | Season 4 – You Can’t Handle This Episode
  • Monk | Season 1
  • Monk | Season 2
  • Monk | Season 4
  • Monk | Season 5

TV NEW ARRIVALS

• Xtreme 4×4 2010 | 2010 – Budget Buggy Part IV – Custom Paint with Aerosol Cans & Re-Assembly
  • Late Night with Jimmy Fallon | Season 1
  • Bakugan | Season 7 – Virtual Insanity
  • Blade of the Immortal | Season 1 – Fanatic
  • Blade of the Immortal | Season 1 – Cry of the Worm
  • Tough Love | Season 2 – Away We Go!
  • 24 | Season 8 – Day 8: 8:00-9:00pm
  • Damages | Season 3 – Your Secrets Are Safe
  • GT Bonus Round | Season 4 – Biggest Games of 2010 Q1 Part 2
  • Heroes | Season 4 – The Art of Deception
  • House | Season 6 – Remorse
  • Intervention | Season 7 – Robby
  • One Tree Hill | Season 7 – Family Affair
  • The Buried Life | Season 1 – #41 Make a Toast at a Stranger’s Wedding
  • Better Off Ted | Season 2 – Mess of a Salesman
  • Blue Mountain State | Season 1 – Rivalry Weekend
  • Dirty Jobs | Season 4 – Soo Locks Technician
  • How The Earth Was Made | Season 2 – Death Valley
  • Human Target | Season 1 – Embassy Row
  • Naruto Shippuden Uncut | Vol. 1 – Hiruko vs. Two Kuniochi!
  • White Collar | Season 1 – Bad Judgement

Top Movies

1. Gamer
  2. The Invention Of Lying
  3. The Hurt Locker
  4. Whiteout
  5. Inglourious Basterds
  6. Smokin’ Aces 2: Assassins’ Ball (Unrated)
  7. District 9
  8. The Hangover (Unrated)
  9. Extract
  10. 9

Top HD Movies

1. Gamer
  2. The Hurt Locker
  3. The Invention Of Lying
  4. Surrogates
  5. Whiteout
  6. Inglourious Basterds
  7. District 9
  8. Smokin’ Aces 2: Assassins’ Ball (Unrated)
  9. 9
  10. The Hangover (Unrated)

Top TV Episodes

9. House | Season 6 – Remorse
  10. 24 | Season 8 – Day 8: 5:00-6:00pm

30 Comments

+ coppi6976 on January 29th, 2010 at 5:03 am said:

HBO someday please!!!!!!!!!

+ drunkenNATIVE on January 29th, 2010 at 5:14 am said:

im really suprized that anyone would pay for a tv show rental

+ poweredbyzen on January 29th, 2010 at 5:50 am said:

keep the free stuff coming and the 99-cent anime special!

+ Locke_VI on January 29th, 2010 at 7:36 am said:

Great update, as usual! Thanks for another awesome free Bannen episode.

+ Mies2000 on January 29th, 2010 at 7:44 am said:

You can’t rent TV shows. Only purchase them. And then, you can’t view them over Remote Play. Until this is fixed, no sale.

+ ogre123 on January 29th, 2010 at 7:48 am said:

My DVR failed at recording an episode of 24, so I jump on the PS3 and figure I will grab the episode from there.

So I purchase the episode in HD, and then when I went to download it, I get denied because I have 2 PS3s activated. I have two PS3 slims in my house, and play games on both. I’ve never had an issue with downloading PSN games to both consoles.

So now I have already purchased this episode of 24, and PSN won’t let me download it. Obviously this will be the last time I use the video store since people with multiple PS3s aren’t welcome.

DRM FAIL!!!

This also means if you have a YLOD PS3 and buy a new one, you have to make a brand new PSN account to use on the PSN store because you can’t deactivate a YLOD PS3.

+ Jeria on January 29th, 2010 at 8:37 am said:

I live in Germany and all movies are only in German, is it possible to change this somehow?

+ inuyasha5400 on January 29th, 2010 at 9:29 am said:

for the next few weeks, can you guys add every bleach episode to the latest english episode? this is my feedback

+ fizzywix on January 29th, 2010 at 10:58 am said:

The concert series is a fantastic addition! I will be checking out Chickenfoot and Third Eye Blind

+ mcbuttz78 on January 29th, 2010 at 11:12 am said:

not to sound like tape recorder.. ill there be a closed caption option in video’s.. I hope this quetion not a problem,,, ty 4 you time and keep up the fantastic work..

+ Thrasher20 on January 29th, 2010 at 11:39 am said:

Playboy?? Where is it!!!!

+ T3mpr1x on January 29th, 2010 at 12:21 pm said:

Hmm the concert series sounds interesting, about time some other content in surround sound came out!

@ogre123 (#6), try giving Sony a call. I’ve got my PSN account tapped out in terms of registered PS3s and have no problems downloading anything I purchase.

+ pinder2009 on January 29th, 2010 at 1:39 pm said:

I live in Canada. How can I access the video store?

+ Darkpen on January 29th, 2010 at 1:41 pm said:

Its really cool that there are pilot and first episodes of series on PSN. Its a really smart way of grabbing people’s attention, and I wish more series would do it.

Also, I absolutely loved Monster, so I hope people will check it out. Its such a good anime series. I’d even say that anyone who likes Heavy Rain would like Monster.

+ KSPRAYDAD on January 29th, 2010 at 1:58 pm said:

@13…

You must move to the States. See, when Grace (an employee of SCEA) says Hi Everyone what she really means is Hi to those living in the States. Regardless of the fact that SCEA is responsible for Canada too.

So…get yourself iTunes for your digital rentals in Canada.

+ arnoldmcguire335 on January 29th, 2010 at 2:10 pm said:

The Lizzie McGuire Movie- at last, available on PSN! THANKS A MILLION PSN!!! I’ve been waiting for this.

Now that will complete my Disney Movies based on Disney Channel shows collection: Lizzie, Hannah and HSM! I’M THANKING YOU GUYS A MILLION FOR THIS!!!

Now, I’ll just wait for Disney Channel and Disney XD shows on the PSN. thanks a lot again and again.

+ xtremeimport on January 29th, 2010 at 2:37 pm said:

Living in Canada sucks….we dont even have a video store!

+ xrexx1995 on January 29th, 2010 at 5:21 pm said:

Any chance of having WWE? and i want CC too please. thanks keep the great work.

+ alieleazar2010 on January 29th, 2010 at 6:06 pm said:

greetings from mexico

I want to know when we will have DIGITAL COMICS service and the video store, and HOME

+ Erehwon23 on January 29th, 2010 at 9:40 pm said:

Actually, Unless your collecting a series or want a particularly outstanding episode of a show, I really can’t understand buying tv shows when there are dvrs and tivos and even sites like hulu where you can watch shows for free. This just makes no sense to me at all. Am I the only one who sees the irony of this?

+ SPIKEBOT on January 30th, 2010 at 2:47 am said:

A issue arise when I try playing the Jimmy Fallon Ep.

When it finally finished downloading vis PSvideostore, I went to the Media Xmb and , click Jimmy Fallon Ep. and it loads then a black screen pops up that reads “Can’t validate copy-right” (something to that extent)

Whats wrong..this also happens to another video dl “Naruto”

The other videos dl before worked like Gunslinger and Alchemist.

+ GeneralOfDeath on January 30th, 2010 at 8:02 am said:

I speak Canadian what did they say? Was it we are never getting a video store cause they could care less? Oh Thats lame…

+ SGAShepp on January 30th, 2010 at 10:57 am said:

+ Senjutsu_Dav on January 30th, 2010 at 10:57 pm said:

@KSPRAYDAD:

You said:

“Dear Grace…been asking now for over a year. Is SONY working on a fix to the DRM or not? It is silly that I own 2 and soon 3 PS3s and can’t watch my bought content in the location of my choice. Tie it to our PSN. You have dreams of rolling out PSN to all SONY products like BD players…you expect us to buy the same content for piece of hardware we own?”

I’m with you on this! My god, it’s so imbeci|e… I bought singstar songs, then I switched to the PS3 slim, using the transfer utility, and wow! My songs cannot be transfered… I can’t even download them again!! That’s what I call stupjd.

PS: Sorry for the wierd words using “j” instead of “i” and “|” instead of “l”.

+ Senjutsu_Dav on January 30th, 2010 at 10:58 pm said:

@SGAShepp:

You said:
“At the CES They said they have plans to add more Countries later this year. I REALLY hope Canada is one of them.”

WHAT? REALLY? Well, I really hope so. I really want the service!

+ KSPRAYDAD on January 31st, 2010 at 7:32 pm said:

@24…

You can get that fixed by calling SONY…they will deactivate the songs on the one and allow you to redownload on the slim. It takes a week or so for it to happen. It if flipping ridiculous.

See here:http://www.andrewmachado.com/blog/transferring-singstar-songs-to-a-new-playstation-3slimps3/

+ RYBEEZY on February 1st, 2010 at 12:35 pm said:

reply to Ogre123 “post #6″

It is true you can only have 1 PS3 activated in order for it to play a video purchased from the PSN. However, it is also true that you may deactiate any of your PS3’s from either Games or Videos, seperatly. This gives you the option of having the movie saved on as many PS3’s that you own, but you can only view it on which ever PS3 is activated for videos, and only 1 at a time. Account Management. Its not DRM failing, its those who use it ( just kiddin )

+ KingDubin on February 1st, 2010 at 7:17 pm said:

When are you going to put 90210 and Melrose Place on PSN?

+ Zezzler on February 1st, 2010 at 8:50 pm said:

I don’t know how to access the Video Store, people say that there is a little link beside the ‘Game’ section in the top, but it isn’t there!

does the fact that i am in Canada have anything to do with it?

+ pinder2009 on February 2nd, 2010 at 1:02 pm said:

Zezzler if you had read some of the earlier comments(13 and after) you would have would out that being in Canada has everything to do with it since for some reason beyond my comprehension SCEA has decided that America>Canada and so we Canadians do not have our own video store nor do we have access to the US video store.