Star Wars Battlefront

Feb 03

BioShock 2: Your Questions Answered Part One

Chris Morell's Avatar Posted by Chris Morell on Feb 03, 2010 // Senior Social Media Specialist

We FINALLY got the invite up to 2K Games Marin to talk to the BioShock 2 team, and what better timing than a week away from the game’s release on Feb. 9. We certainly gathered by your abundance of Tweets that excitement for BioShock 2 is crazy high. So on Monday, I sat down with Senior Producer Melissa Miller and Lead Environment Artist Hogarth de la Plante (with a chillingly lifelike Little Sister standing eerily behind us) who answered a heap of your questions – so many in fact that we had to split the video into two parts.

So today, you’ll see part one that focuses primarily on BioShock 2‘s single-player campaign, including details on story development, philosophical influence, plasmids and much more. And head on back tomorrow for part two, which delves deep into the much-anticipated multiplayer mode.

PAGE 1 2

+ Bloodclot on February 3rd, 2010 at 5:01 pm said:

Finally someone else is having problems with the videos from the Playstation Blog when they are played using Firefox. I have to keep my cursor over the video while it is playing or else it will stop and reload.

Chris Morell's Avatar

+ Chris Morell on February 3rd, 2010 at 7:11 pm said:

What version of Firefox are you running? We\’re looking into the issue, thanks for calling it out.

+ Thrasher20 on February 3rd, 2010 at 5:37 pm said:

Awesome. I liked the first one. Lets see how the multiplayer goes in this

+ GaMeCuBeFLOP on February 3rd, 2010 at 5:39 pm said:

Why is this video of the xbox 350 version?

+ Microshock on February 3rd, 2010 at 5:43 pm said:

Who cares if its video of the 360 version? They’re the same version. It’s a little weird though that that happened?

In Qore, it was the PS3 version. But stop giving so much attention to it here

+ GaMeCuBeFLOP on February 3rd, 2010 at 5:46 pm said:

I give what I want attention :p

+ bbd23 on February 3rd, 2010 at 5:47 pm said:

Will there be DLC?

+ Stoffinator on February 3rd, 2010 at 5:48 pm said:

Nice that the game play videos shows the 360 version. lol

+ mafecto on February 3rd, 2010 at 5:52 pm said:

Hey everyone, don’t forget about the MANDATORY 5 GB INSTALL! Gee, thanks for that 2K, much appreciated.

That was the dealbreaker for me. It’s obvious that you can make a game work WITHOUT installs, which has been evidenced by a number of games that are bigger and more graphically complex than this one.

+ TenaciousMoses on February 3rd, 2010 at 6:04 pm said:

I was a huge fan of the first game and thought it leveled-up and modernized a lot of Irrational/Looking Glass-style play mechanics from System Shock 2 and even Thief in some ways. However, something about BioShock 2 feels too familiar and almost played out in comparison to the first game. Though I’m sure once I play, it will be a fantastic experience. We can only hope it will be at least on par with the first game.

+ KwietStorm on February 3rd, 2010 at 6:14 pm said:

So you were invited to the actual studio, but you couldnt acquire videos for your own respective platform. How does that work?

+ unworthyBOZO on February 3rd, 2010 at 6:21 pm said:

Whats with the 360 footage

+ lostinplainsight on February 3rd, 2010 at 6:26 pm said:

@16 i’m not hating on them for their 360 origins i owned the original bioshock for the 360 until my 360 died. my concern is that 360 to ps3 ports for the most part never turnout well.(again looking at you bayonetta) showing footage of the 360 version while being interviewed by someone from the playstation blog just raises some alarms with me is all.

+ Kchow23 on February 3rd, 2010 at 6:55 pm said:

hyped about this game!

Chris Morell's Avatar

+ Chris Morell on February 3rd, 2010 at 7:12 pm said:

God, same here. I can not WAIT to play it.

+ clupula668 on February 3rd, 2010 at 7:10 pm said:

@26 – Are you actually complaining about a mandatory install, when many PS3 owners like myself were begging Sega to release a patch for Bayonetta that gave the game an install? Maybe you like 30 second loading times between sections of the game, but for the rest of us, we’ll take the installs, thank you very much.

PAGE 1 2