Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Feb 03

Feb 03

Last Rebellion Coming to PS3 on February 23

Nao Zook's Avatar Posted by PR/Marketing Coordinator, NIS America, Inc

Hello all! I hope everyone here is doing well!

NIS America will release Last Rebellion in a couple of weeks for the PlayStation 3!

Let me go over the basic story of Last Rebellion first. Then I will go on to the battle system. I will be showing our first battle footage, so don’t forget to check that out too!

Last Rebellion Box

It takes place in a world called Jonovald, which is governed by two gods: Meiktilia who presides over the death of all people and the destruction of all things, and Formival who presides over the birth of all people and the creation of all things. Meiktilia blesses two types of people with special powers; Blades and Sealers. Blades have the skills to destroy the physical structure of things, and Sealers use magical abilities to destroy the metaphysical, the spiritual structure of things. The two main characters are Nine who is a Blade, and Aisha who is a Sealer.

Last Rebellion Nine Last Rebellion Aisha

Formival’s power allows all things to revive and when they do, they become a stronger threat to others. These undead creatures are called Belzeds. In order to destroy them, the power of both a Blade and Sealer is required.

Since Nine’s homeland, Lorvin, was becoming a nesting ground for Belzeds, the king of Lorvin (Nine’s father) summons Nine and Aisha to save the land.

Now, you’ll play as these two main characters. You control both characters operating out of a single body. Well, in short, they are two souls in the same body. You can switch between these two characters just about anytime you want while you’re on the field, as well as in battle. As mentioned above, in order to destroy Belzeds, you will need both Nine’s and Aisha’s power. You’ll have to use them wisely and in the correct order to successfully destroy Belzeds.

The battle system of Last Rebellion is quite unique. You’ll be able to switch between Nine and Aisha on the battlefield, and you will be asked to decide what actions you will take for each character. You will fight in turn based battles, so you’ll have time to strategize your actions!

When you attack the Belzeds, you will see lists of the enemies’ body parts. There is a correct order to attack each part. You’ll have to decide which body part to attack first, and by using CP, you can attack as many body parts as you can. When you attack their body parts in the correct order, you’ll do much more damage, so you’ll want to figure out the correct order for each enemy as soon as possible. Well, there is some information about the strengths of their body parts in the list, so it won’t just be “guess” work.

Once you decide the order of attacks and which skills to use, then you execute. When the enemy has been knocked down, you will have to use Aisha’s Seal skill to completely destroy its body. Otherwise, they will revive with even more power! Also, if you use Nine’s Absorb skill before sealing the body, you can absorb MP from that monster. This skill will come in handy if you need to regain MP!

It’ll be easier to understand once you see it, rather than reading about it, so check out the battle footage!

Here is some random stuff about Last Rebellion.

• Nine and Aisha will share one body, so they will share HP and MP values as well. When you are using Nine to explore the field, MP will gradually recover, and when Aisha is on the field, HP will gradually recover. Switch between them as you need to.
  • Nippon Ichi Software was able to get some awesome guest illustrators, such as Mr. Mikimoto, who worked on Macross. These illustrations will be shown on the loading screens!
  • If you preorder Last Rebellion at RosenQueen.com you’ll receive a bonus double-sided poster, featuring some of the guest illustrators’ artwork! This is a pretty sweet deal, so I hope you are interested in it!
  • Last Rebellion will be released on February 23! That’s just around the corner, so until then, learn more about it on the Official Last Rebellion Website!

Thank you for reading my post again! Have a great day!

Best regards,

Nao

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

redknight4 said:

February 3rd, 3:32 pm

will we be seeing Trinity Universe along with its dlc state side via NIS America

eatthemall said:

February 3rd, 3:33 pm

Nao! Thanks.

COMBATCSOLDIER said:

February 3rd, 3:35 pm

I appreciate the info on this game. However I must say that it is not wise to release an RPG so close to FF13. Also WKC just released earlier this week.

The main thing is there is no demo. How can you expect us to buy a game that has little rep if there is no demo.

This game looks very interesting and I will eventually be picking this up, After I finish FF13. I just feel as if though the marketing strategy did not do this game justice. It could be a great game but it is definitely not marketed the way it should.

I mean no disrespect but with so many titles coming out this was far from the best time to release such a game.

clupula668 said:

February 3rd, 3:37 pm

Just pre-ordered this today. You guys have been greating at supporting PS3 RPG fans and you have my loyalty as long as you keep those exclusives coming.

Just curious, though. I pre-ordered it at Gamestop and they said the game is $49.99. I could’ve sworn it was only supposed to be $39.99.

Also, PLEASE tell us that you’re localizing Ar Tonelico III and Trinity Universe. Really psyched about Atelier Rorona and hearing about those two would just bring the happy. Thanks again for supporting the PS3 (and PS2) the way you do.

clupula668 said:

February 3rd, 3:42 pm

AAARRGGHH!!!

I mean *great at supporting.

That was an odd typo.

midnightshade said:

February 3rd, 3:55 pm

Great! Thanks for posting the video and info. I already have this pre-ordered , in fact i did it today after picking up wkc. I can’t wait! The PS3 JRPG flood gates have opened.. now it’s time to turn this gen into the rpg playing console the PS brand is supposed to be!

Elvick_ said:

February 3rd, 4:51 pm

I can’t wait. The artists of this game have my respect. Gorgeous.

Good month for RPGs. :3 Also, it’s great that this game is being featured on the PS Blog. I never thought it would. Yay

gus_xl said:

February 3rd, 5:26 pm

I didn’t even know that this game was coming out. 40 dollars looks like a great deal! I’ll have to look into it.

yoeun88 said:

February 3rd, 5:34 pm

Are there voice overs? Seems kinda too plain with no talking during battles unless thats just the video editing.

Edd said:

February 3rd, 5:38 pm

Wow I didn’t even know this game existed before I read this post. It looks beautiful guys, the graphic style is very nice! The combat sounds really cool too. What a pleasant surprise! I’m for sure going to get this, maybe not launch day, but asap. :)

I have a question though, is the story as simple as that? I mean it seems pretty basic, you’re kind of restoring balance to the world by destroying these monsters that are being resurrected by a god, but is their going to be plot twists etc.? How deep is the story or how much focus is placed on the story?

SHINSPIKES said:

February 3rd, 6:42 pm

This looks like HD ps2 graphics. And, everything else looks pretty generic. I understand that there are 2 people, but it still seems pretty lonely. Is this the final game?

clupula668 said:

February 3rd, 7:02 pm

@61 – If you’re complaining about the graphics, you don’t get the genre. It’s never been about graphics with these types of games. Disagea 3 barely looks better than a PS1 game, but I can’t think of another game on the PS3 I’ve put more time into. It’s all about the gameplay. If you can’t see past the visuals, you’re the one missing out.

THE-D1RTY-77 said:

February 3rd, 9:24 pm

Man, i’m focusing too much on Final Fantasy XIII that these other RPG’s just fly right by me…lol

ShinigamiRyuuku said:

February 4th, 3:17 am

I’m not dissin this game by anymeans but why does this title look like a old school PS2 game? Hell Kingdom Hearts looks better then this and its a PS2 game…Neo, PLEASE choose wisly on what games come to America. If anything We need Dating sims and fighting!!! Anyone remember 1000 amrs for PSX?

ShinigamiRyuuku said:

February 4th, 3:17 am

*arms, sorry

clupula668 said:

February 4th, 5:35 am

@64 – NISA fans tend to like the games they’ve chosen to bring here already. Graphics should not be the determining factor here. As I said above, if the graphics are what you care about, then you don’t get it. Buy games you do want and leave these to us.

Transient said:

February 4th, 8:43 am

No demo? Why should I take a chance on this game if you’re not even confident enough to give players a taste of what it is like?

TwinDad said:

February 4th, 9:34 am

@64 ShinigamiRyuuku

O I remember Thousand Arms. Still have my mint copy. Still love the Old school PS1 and PS2 RPG. There is a market for these games and the fancy graphics FF of the RPG world. So why can I have both? Wait I can. Preorderd at Amazon yesterday thanks to the Blog Post.

PS – NISA I hate pre-order bonuses. But if you are going to do it, make it a sound track or Art book. Something I might actually use. I’m not a teen ager who needs to put up posters in my room.

Nao Zook's Avatar

Nao Zook said:

February 5th, 10:51 am

Hello TwinDad,

We always try to add something valuable to our fans in the preorder special, and I am sorry to hear that you don\’t like a poster. We have added an art book and soundtrack whenever we can to our premium box or to the preorder special. Thank you for your input though! Have a great weekend!

nao

TwinDad said:

February 4th, 9:35 am

@66 Clupula

Preach it. Ahem. Games are fun, if you don’t fun it fun to each his/her own. But if your going to shoot down a game based only on graphics I think you are only hurting yourself.

souporman said:

February 4th, 4:57 pm

I have this pre-ordered at RosenQueen and am really looking forward to playing it. This game has really peaked my interest. Please continue to support PS3 with cool exclusives, NISA.

PS: Love the music in the video, too.

Nao Zook's Avatar

Nao Zook said:

February 5th, 9:45 am

Hello souporman,

Thank you!
    I am glad to hear that you preordered Last Rebellion at RosenQueen! The poster will look awesome:-)

Have a great weekend!
    nao

Cyril_Lucifer said:

February 6th, 1:23 pm

I pre-ordered this from Amazon, sorry RQ! But I did order Sakura Wars from RQ, so I hope that makes up for it.

Thank you for bringing over so many titles, NISA. I’ve been playing your games since you opened up and I hope the recent information about NIS(J)’s lowered profits don’t hurt NISA at all.

Elvick_ said:

February 11th, 9:31 am

Why is this not available on any Canadian websites?

I can’t find it anywhere? I guess I’ll order it from RQ even though they have it overpriced… and the shipping will cost a lot…

PAGE 1 2