Driveclub

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Multiplayer Demo Available Now

Gordon Van Dyke's Avatar + Posted by Gordon Van Dyke on Feb 04, 2010 // Associate Producer for Battlefield

BFBC2 Logo

Today DICE is very excited to release the Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Multiplayer Demo on the PlayStation Store. Before getting into some details about the demo the team at DICE wanted to thank SCEA for helping us get the demo out a week early for North America. So, thank you to all those at SCEA that helped make this happen, you guys seriously rock!

The PS3 community has played a special role in the pending success of BFBC2, so thanks to all the participants we had in the beta last November. From that beta, more than 130 gameplay changes were made and almost all of them made it into this demo. As a gift for your support in the beta, all participants will be awarded another point in the BF Veteran rank that will apply to special perks in the final game.

In the demo you’ll be playing the “Rush” game mode on a very snowy map set in Port Valdez of Alaska with the US defending Russian attacks. As an attacker, you start the map as the Russian Army parachuting from the back of Russian An-124 variants, pushing your way through four bases defended by the US Army to win the battle. Both teams will have plenty of vehicles to man from ATVs, tanks, jeeps, and helicopters for an insane dose of Battlefield tactical vehicle-based warfare like no other. Now go enjoy the demo! :-)

PAGE 1 2

+ Unabanzie on February 5th, 2010 at 9:08 am said:

I feel dirty for saying this but will we but we still get this “beta reward” across other consoles if we played beta on PS3? or is that just a PS3 thing?

P.S. theres something highly satisfying about stabbing someone in the face to get their Dogtags! Well played DICE ^_^

+ KidCommando on February 5th, 2010 at 9:19 am said:

Thanks DICE!

Day 1 ever since playing the November beta. The game is HOT, looking forward to it!

+ phinnv8 on February 5th, 2010 at 10:50 am said:

This was great news last night when I turned on my PS3 as I thought it was coming on the 11th!

BC2 Demo is even more polished than the Beta, the game is truly fantastic. The best multiplayer FPS I’ve ever played. That been said I still think some things need tweaking. It is nice to see much better anti-aliasing from the Beta (unless im wrong, but it looks smoother). I still think people die a tiny bit too fast, they should have like 15% more health. Also some of the guns could look better, the SCAR for example isn’t skinned very well. It sorta seems like the textures are a bit more washed out too.

Anyway the game is a day1 purchase for me! Squads and mics finally work perfect on PS3.

+ phinnv8 on February 5th, 2010 at 10:51 am said:

The secondary fire on vehicles is SOOOO overpowered too. I mowed down like 20 ppl in a tank last night with ease.

Great game though, can’t wait to buy it.

+ RichterNYR35 on February 5th, 2010 at 10:52 am said:

Great game, I never realized how much pure fun it is to play BFBC. I wasnt having fun playing MW2 or MAG, Congrats.

Oh and THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR HAVING A WORKING VOICE CHAT!!!! It ruined 1943 and BFBC for a lot of people

+ phinnv8 on February 5th, 2010 at 11:33 am said:

Another suggestion: Make those horns audible for everyone not just the driver, its funny as hell to rip around beeping horn

+ RuthlessEd on February 5th, 2010 at 12:31 pm said:

#56:

It’s not funny…at least not to anyone who isn’t driving. That’s why they nixed the audio.

Nothing worse than some clown spamming the audio with car honks (or loud music in the background).

+ HaVoK_ on February 5th, 2010 at 1:16 pm said:

I’ve ALWAYS been a fan of the BF series ever since BF2142…After playing that game for hundreds of hours i am excited to have played BFBC2. The game is fantastic! The online is smooth and the graphics are alot better than i expected! One can tell instantly whether you are going to enjoy a game as soon as you play it and as soon as i started the BFBC2 demo i was hooked. Great work guys this will be a day 1 purchase for me without a doubt! P.S. The weapon sounds are very very well done for this game, how did you guys accomplish making such realistic gun/explosion sounds? They really are top notch..

+ MattyPHATty on February 5th, 2010 at 1:34 pm said:

This Demo is a blast. On a side note note, you guys completely knocked 1943 out of the park, one of the best values in games today. Already have BC2 preordered, so my excitement is building. Keep up the fantastic work!

+ lSINGHl on February 5th, 2010 at 2:01 pm said:

The game will be BaddAss. So awsome/. Will there be friendly fire?.

+ TheEpedemic on February 5th, 2010 at 3:20 pm said:

Demo on this game is pretty cool. I really enjoy the battlefield series but than again, I like any war game.

rwatson85

+ Miles514 on February 5th, 2010 at 3:53 pm said:

OHNO! It will recognize i was in the beta? But i deleted my data! Also i saw the list of changes. Thanks for those much need changes. So now Dice can destroy infinity ward.

+ Thrasher20 on February 5th, 2010 at 3:55 pm said:

Gordon Van Dyke!

Been following you everywhere from Twitter, Battlefield Blog, and in person! Jk on that :)

Man I loved the BETA and I love the demo! Definitely a first day buy for me! Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Booman246 on February 5th, 2010 at 3:55 pm said:

Can’t wait for this game to come out. So awesome…

+ fearlex on February 6th, 2010 at 5:49 am said:

I will buy this game first day, in fact i have it preordered since september 2009. Unfortunately, i didn’t got access to the beta, since preordering from a gamestop store too soon is useless, i always miss all preorder bonus, even on the first BC. On thing i would like someone to reply to is the fact that we need a weekend or something of 2x kills or something so we can achieve faster the 10002 kills, since the BFBC is going to be empty the minite this games comes out. It is the only thing standing between me and the platinum. Please reply

+ XxK1NG_OF_K1NGxX on February 6th, 2010 at 5:47 pm said:

I love this game i played it for 9 hour…Also i play the 1st beta and everything is much better in the demo.Good work Dice. I pre-order the game all ready so am ready to play on march 2.

Question:Will this game have a clan system like killzone 2 and socom??????? This is the only reason i pre-order because my freinds told me it had a clan system. Am tired of gamebatle i hope it had a clan system

+ HARMONIZER1234 on February 6th, 2010 at 6:32 pm said:

Is it just me or is the graphics on the demo not that good!! I think it looks worse then BFBC 1. I hope the full game looks better then the demo :) or its going to be a big disappointment!

+ Nermin_P on February 6th, 2010 at 8:52 pm said:

Tagout you can see writing now on SDTV in beta it was horrible couldn’t see anything but now the demo is much better

Great Game Dice loved the first This one even more.

+ JussiVentura on February 7th, 2010 at 4:57 am said:

Is BC2 going to have DLC, maybe too soon to ask? If so, is it going to be free or do you have to pay for it?

+ Penguins227 on February 7th, 2010 at 10:54 am said:

Will you guys have any free DLC? I know this has been asked before, but I am not really aware of your answer.

Thanks Gordon – loved the video interview in that bar (in SF?). Loved the first game, and hope my parents will allow this M rated game into my house, because it truly is awesome. :) Very nice job to you and yours over there on this game. If it wasn’t for the ad campaign, you guys should/would be WAY bigger than COD. Been playing since Battlefield 2, and am really glad you guys are adding more teamwork elements into the game.

See ya Mr. VanDyke!!
-Penguins 227.

P.S. you are so blessed to get that job you have. I would love that. :P

+ OrangeLemonLime on February 7th, 2010 at 12:23 pm said:

I was wondering if I get to keep my stats from the demo, like if I get 10,000 points do I get to start from where I left off from on the demo when I get the actual game in March?

+ Mr_Bob175 on February 7th, 2010 at 2:48 pm said:

Nice job! I have the demo and it looks pretty good. Thing is, I can’t stop playing it!

+ joshter50 on February 8th, 2010 at 11:12 am said:

Awsome game, so goin’ to get it! well done DICE :) I love all Battlefields and BFBC was the best(’till now) BTW I’ve unlocked all the demo guns etc… will these be unlocked when I get te full game? Keep up the good work.

+ shabaab77 on February 8th, 2010 at 2:14 pm said:

the demo was awesome and i’m going to buy the game at the first chance i get

+ amigaice2 on February 8th, 2010 at 2:17 pm said:

this don’t seem like a bad company game to me . more of a BF2 game. guns feel weak and controls are way different . might have to wait 2buy . guess i’ll play bc1 until ea kills the servers

+ SGAShepp on February 9th, 2010 at 1:44 pm said:

@#40
You are an idiot, making a post just to bash the game because YOU don’t like it is NOT WELCOMED.

BTW. This game ROCKS, and really sets the bar for online shooters by-far.

+ Monakor on February 10th, 2010 at 6:18 pm said:

i can not play the demo, it says an error something about fail to create acc

+ M727Carbine on February 11th, 2010 at 3:17 am said:

BFBC2 has it all, very realistic.
i feel sorry for Modern Warfare.. afther BF releases…MW will die out slowly, Im so glad i didnt buy it.

Thanks battlefield Bad Company 2!

+ TWIZOD815 on February 13th, 2010 at 8:50 pm said:

Im the guy taking out apaches with the uav. Game is awesome!

+ UP-UR-ASSS on February 15th, 2010 at 8:13 pm said:

What you should be working on is adding the farure to be able to change your online Id!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ UP-UR-ASSS on February 15th, 2010 at 8:14 pm said:

addintg the feature

+ UP-UR-ASSS on February 15th, 2010 at 8:14 pm said:

of changing your ID!!!!!!!!!

+ sidmcgyver on February 20th, 2010 at 4:42 pm said:

OMG! We love this! My son lives in another city and we play/chat via Bluetooth in the multiplayer. Is there a room/forum to find more people to play with that will form squads with Bluetooth capabilities? Cool to talk each other through maneuvers to kick some a**!

+ JussiVentura on February 22nd, 2010 at 8:25 am said:

I have some “connection problems” in the demo and also in the BETA of BC2 (PS3). Is it maybe the servers of the demo/BETA? Will it be fixed when the game comes out? I’ve never had any connection problems on BC1. Please reply! :)

+ riffraff75 on February 22nd, 2010 at 5:40 pm said:

Just like post #77 by Monaker, I get the message “Unable to create account” after accepting the agreement and typing in my email and password. Anyone else have this problem? My internet connection is ok because I can play BBC online just fine. BTW, I’ve tried different email accounts along with my EA account and no dice.

+ subirdeb on February 26th, 2010 at 9:57 am said:

From yesterday the Game connection is failing; Anyone else facing the same issue?

+ Quik_Bacon on February 26th, 2010 at 4:32 pm said:

DDDUUUUDDDEEE, great game!!!! I was sooooo depressed when the demo trial ended… BUT, I still pre-ordered! I loved playing with my friends, talking through mics… hee hee. I still wish DICE could sustain the demo though. That would be great. Now my friends don’t play together anymore. No Battlefield, no point.

+ drw77 on March 4th, 2010 at 9:53 pm said:

Anybody know when I can acess the store to enter my unlock code I got with the game when I bought it from Gamestop?

+ echo_138 on March 5th, 2010 at 2:43 pm said:

(Battlefield 2 Bad Company) Whats up with all the server problems? I get booted 3 or 4 times in an hour… Now i am totaly unable to gain access to the online game, love the game just wish that i was able to play with some consistency, i understand that it is a new game but please give us, the players of the game, a heads up with what is going on, after all it is us who buy your games with the antispation of playing them… thank you for your time, agin i love the game.

PAGE 1 2