Days Gone

Feb 04

Feb 04

Qore Episode 21 – Featuring Yakuza 3, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Resonance of Fate, and the God of War III Demo

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar Posted by Executive Producer, PlayStation Network

We know you’ve been anxiously waiting to get your hands on God of War III, and fortunately the wait is almost over. To reward our loyal fan base, the God of War III E3 demo is now available for all current Qore subscribers. You’ll find it listed in this episode’s download center.

Special thanks to the God of War III team for providing an early look at this incredible game.

Also this month, Qore‘s Audrey Cleo reports from Japan on the latest game in the Yakuza series. She takes us through Yakuza 3‘s authentic environments and intriguing characters to find out if the baddest gangster in Tokyo’s underworld has a soft side.

While in Toyko, she also takes us on a whirlwind tour of the gadget and geek paradise of Akihabara, famous for its selection of electronics, computers, manga and anime, to discover the most interesting items to be found.

These days, first-person shooters set in a warzone are ubiquitous, so how can one game distinguish itself from another? Qore visited the producer of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 to walk us through the game’s multiplayer component. Strap on your helmet — you’re in for a wild ride!

RPGs are making a big splash on the PS3 this year, with titles such as White Knight Chronicles and Final Fantasy XIII. Star Ocean developer tri-Ace is getting into the action with Resonance of Fate. Qore brings you a hands-on look at this gorgeous new futuristic JRPG.

With 2010 shaping up to be a huge year for the PS3, we asked the editors at PlayStation: The Official Magazine to give us their picks of the titles and trends we should be looking out for in the months to come. And, as always, Qore gives you a peek at the latest and greatest Blu-ray movie releases coming your way.

All subscribers and purchasers can also download exclusive Yakuza 3 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 PS3 themes this month.

Look for Episode 21 today.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

ggasd said:

February 4th, 8:02 am

Is the god of war demo only for subcribers? if I buy just this episode I can’t play it?

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar

Kevin Furuichi said:

February 4th, 11:20 am

The God of War demo is only for current and new subscribers.

Destiny89 said:

February 4th, 8:03 am

I have a question hopefully someone can answer this.. when i subscribed to Qore in September 2009 there were a big list of all the Qore episodes one after another and i learned that each month i need to go way back and see if the episodes is available and download but when i went to check the list yesterday there were only up to Jan episode.. where did the other one go? is that a normal? thank you i want to make because i still have up to September this year

Destiny89 said:

February 4th, 8:05 am

Woops sorry i made a couple of mistakes on my first post #2.. i’ll rewrite it again

I have a question hopefully someone can answer this.. when i subscribed to Qore in September 2009 there were a big list of all the Qore episodes one after another and i learned that each month i need to go way back and see if the episode for the month is available and download it but when i went to check the list yesterday there were only up to Jan.. where did the other ones go ( Feb, March, April..etc)? is that normal? thank you i want to make sure because i still have up to September this year

NESGamepro said:

February 4th, 8:07 am

Already have the demo from the God of War collection, wish I could give it away to a forum user that is less fortunate than me. Looks like a good episode though.

NESGamepro said:

February 4th, 8:09 am

@3 Destiny
When you subscribe you will no longer see the individual episodes in the store. Got to Account Management Download List to find your episodes.

Isamito said:

February 4th, 8:14 am

Tnks for GOW3 demo, i want it

Destiny89 said:

February 4th, 8:16 am

@ 5

Yup i know and i checked my download list but there were only up to Jan.. i couldn’t see Feb, March, April and so on for this year.. ( they should be there but not as a download where u wait till the month arrives and it opens for you). will see when the store updates hopefully i can find it

tfax22 said:

February 4th, 8:16 am

When do they update the store, what time of day? Bad Company 2 demo is supposed to be out today?????

TheZed88 said:

February 4th, 8:19 am

Still not a single free game from this years Qore subsription. Last year had load of free games, this year nothing. The free games are what made my Qore subscription worthwile. Looks like I will not be renewing for next year.

TRIX_BOL said:

February 4th, 8:20 am

Why do we get the same old GoWIII demo?!
I was expecting the new Titan Implement demo.

FanofFH said:

February 4th, 8:21 am

Okay, it’s official. I’m NOT going to be renewing Qore again once my subscription is up unless they offer better freebies to the subscribers. The God of War E3 Demo?! REALLY?! I got that on my District 9 Blu-Ray (anybody can rent that), and I also bought the GOW Collection. I don’t need a 3rd opportunity to download it, thank you. What happened to the good freebies we got for a while?? Such as Syphon Filter, Spyro the Dragon, etc?? Qore and Sony are dropping the ball on this service.

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar

Kevin Furuichi said:

February 4th, 11:29 am

I know this year doesn\’t match up to what you loyal first year Subscribers received. We were very fortunate last year to be able to provide PSone Classics and other demos. The acquisition and timing of DLC content has been more challenging for us this year as you know.

The MAG and ModNation Racer betas worked out great as lots of you Qore subs delivered with valuable feedback.

Saiks said:

February 4th, 8:24 am

Well you guys can keep your demo(s) i will wait till it is available for the rest of us.

@11, the reason is being because the are too lazy to come up with new things.

NESGamepro said:

February 4th, 8:25 am

@8 Destiny
I just looked and I see what you are talking about now. It has indeed changed. I don’t know where it will be now. Anything would be better than where it was though, it was becoming quite the scroll to find it.

Conch_Bubby said:

February 4th, 8:25 am

Slammin’ episode. God of War demo finally!

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar

Kevin Furuichi said:

February 4th, 11:34 am

Thanks for the postive post.

kolobear said:

February 4th, 8:26 am

I subscribed to Qore because of Spyro the Dragon, Calling all Cars, and other annual-subscriber benefits that I had been seeing through Qore’s first year.

The video features are great. The arcade was fun once or twice, but the key to this is the bonuses in the download center.

Paper magazines have several features, plus reviews and more. Qore has ~3 videos and the same-old arcade every issue. What is going to keep me going digital if I can get more out of the paper distributions?

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar

Kevin Furuichi said:

February 4th, 11:42 am

Because Qore is an all High Definition Television production, this is one of the best ways to see how a game looks on the monitor you actually use to play games. Everybody talks about the same videos being on the internet, but it\’s not the same if you want to see and almost feel what, say, the Battlefield battles look like or the gorgeous render of Tokyo at night in Yakuza 3.

That\’s just one perspective.

kolobear said:

February 4th, 8:27 am

— Adding to my last comment… I already downloaded the GOWIII demo from the District 9 Blu-ray. —

Destiny89 said:

February 4th, 8:28 am

@ 14

Alright thanks man, im just glad its not just me and i agree it was getting annoying going way back to it and download. looking forward to this episode

CDubyahS said:

February 4th, 8:43 am

awesome. nice themes. cant wait.

NeoHumpty said:

February 4th, 8:47 am

Best Qore content ever. I’ve been dying for the GoW demo. Thanks, guys!

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar

Kevin Furuichi said:

February 4th, 11:44 am

Thanks for the shout. Spartans unite!

rjejr said:

February 4th, 8:48 am

FanofFH – did you really get the GOW3 demo off of a rented District 9 blu-ray? When it first released numerous people (I didn’t count) rented it via Netflix and it was nowhere to be found. And yes we looked under XMB video and everywhere else, I never saw a single person with a Netflix rental say: aha I found it.

TRIX_BOL said:

February 4th, 8:48 am

@ FanofFH

I agree with you, the GoW3 E3 demo has been offered for pre-ording the game, withing GoW collection, and included with District-9 Blu-ray. Now they are giving It to Qore subscribers…

What would be next; buy a Happy Meal at Mcdonalds, and we would be granted with another gow demo code?

megamixer said:

February 4th, 8:49 am

“Audrey Cleo reports from Japan on the latest game in the Yakuza series.”

Is that refering to the soon to be released in Japan Yakuza 4, or the soon-ish to be released outside of Japan Yakuza 3?

zombie9 said:

February 4th, 8:59 am

What if we got GOW3 demo. pretty sad update. How about a free dinamic theme. Oh well back to hitting myself. :)

mywhitenoise said:

February 4th, 9:02 am

GOW III demo already available with the pre-order, with the Collection, with District 9.

It’s hard to imagine anyone who wants it, hasn’t played it yet.

dragonarya said:

February 4th, 9:02 am

Resonance of Fate, finally! The lack of news on this has been frustrating.

RandySore said:

February 4th, 9:07 am

@Kevin Furuichi Is it the same God Of War III demo that was on the God Of War Collection, District 9, and Pre-Ordering God Of War III?

BigRon3400 said:

February 4th, 9:08 am

I can’t figure out where to subscribe at.

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar

Kevin Furuichi said:

February 4th, 11:56 am

If you bought last month\’s episode, you won\’t see the \’Subscription\’ thumbnail until the PlayStation Store publishes the update today which includes February\’s Episode 21.

Qore is located under the \’MEDIA\’ section on the Games side of PlayStation Store.

Hope that helps.

jimfear said:

February 4th, 9:12 am

Hey veronica, call me when you will have 2 minutes :)

Locke_VI said:

February 4th, 9:13 am

Thanks for the link to the PlayStation: The Official Magazine site, I’m gonna fill out they’re subscription form, instead of renewing my Qore subscription….. Just Kidding! ;)
Thanks for the GOW3 demo. Honestly, I’m still undecided on whether to renew my subscription, hopefully the next few episodes will be good.

improperlyaged said:

February 4th, 9:17 am

already played the demo from the god of war collection. no interest there. but um seriously about what time can we expect this update. The EU store generally announces a set update time (1pm uk time today). why is it so difficult for the us store to do the same. i mean its simple just make a set time. anything that isnt ready dont release. simply stop announcing stuff prior to its release and you’ll simultaneously quell the worries about ur ridiculously inconsistent schedule and ur consistent stream of disappointments with delaying content at the last minute. see sony we fans can help. now use this constructive criticism for good.

improperlyaged said:

February 4th, 9:20 am

also can i get some sort of bonus since i have a subsription to both playstation the officail magazine and qore. kinda redundant on my part i know but was unaware the content was actually provided by the same company until recently. do i get a bonus or something cuz if not i’m gonna have to end one subscription soon. doesnt really make sense to pay the same compnay twice for the what amounts to basically the same product. just one is print one is digitally downloaded video.

acerazer1 said:

February 4th, 9:24 am

I still don’t understand why the media insist on “previewing” Yakuza 3, it’s been out for a year already. Sega doesn’t have to “release” new screens, in this computer age you can find plenty of screens from the full game overseas. It’s not 1992 any more.

This is kind of a meh episode for me, oh well. At least there’s some sweet new themes.

CruzaderXL said:

February 4th, 9:24 am

2 Themes for subscribers again??? Are you kidding me? Waste of $25/year.

Thwip said:

February 4th, 9:27 am

I have always been a staunch supporter of Qore. I would champion my support to friends and family, about the “value” of the service. I would say things like, “my inclusion in Betas is worth the price of a subscription alone”, or “the various free offerings I have received from Qore are more “valuable” than the price I paid for the subscription”.

My argument hasn’t been holding as much water as of late; I might suggest revisiting more of these types of incentives.

Thwip: A subscriber since launch!

Note – sorry if this ends up being a double post; my first attempt gave me an error message

sam_i_jam said:

February 4th, 9:29 am

There seems to be a lot of coverage on games that interest me in this issue, including Yakuza 3, which I cannot wait for.

gor1llap1mp said:

February 4th, 9:32 am

Is there any way that we can get email notifications of the Playstation Store update before it actually updates? I mean, if I knew what was coming then maybe I would or wouldnt rush home. It just seems a little redundant when you look at stores like Best Buy, they have a coming soon section and the Playstation Store shouldnt be any differant.

LegendaryPhoenix said:

February 4th, 9:40 am

This sense of entitlement this younger generation of gamers seems to have is rather disgusting.

You all should be ashamed of yourselves for demanding to get stuff to for free.

You all make me ashamed to be a gamer.

kb4983 said:

February 4th, 9:56 am

I’m super disappointed… since I basically have recieved the demo twice already (GoW Collection, Pre-Order Ultimate Edition) this will be my third time recieving the demo. I was hoping Qore would do something more special in anticipation for God of War III. Here’s hoping the March episode will actually deliver…

Android66 said:

February 4th, 9:58 am

@38: Well, it isn’t for free, because we’ve subscribed, but I understand what you are saying. There is an entitlement mentality permeating our society right now.

A Qore subscription comes out to less than $2 each episode. That’s less that the price of a comic book. Less than a Happy Meal. Less than a magazine or a paperback book. etc. For that price, you get a free game (Bowling) and Beta invites (ModNation, MAG, UNCHARTED 2), themes, and mini-games now and then, some early access to demos, and occasionally free stuff. Plus the video features, which are usually interesting.

People just like to complain. Even if they gave away something like a PSP mini each month, I bet people would still complain.

krae_man said:

February 4th, 10:01 am

Are you kidding me? You’re still giving Qore subscribers jack squat?

How many Qore subscribers havn’t already downloaded the demo?

You’ve already offered it by preordering the game and buying God of War collection MONTHS AGO.

Not to mention all the Gamesharring that has happened with the Demo.

This years Qore has been a complete waste of money. No demos, No free games, All we’ve got is 2 betas and a crap load of themes.

The video content is not worth the price of admission and never was.

Last years downloads was worth the price of admission, this year you’ve offered us NOTHING.

Locke_VI said:

February 4th, 10:02 am

@ #38 LegendaryPhoenix:
I agree with you up to a point, but getting free stuff is part of the deal with Qore. Don’t believe me? Go to the PSN store and click on the Qore buy screen. Near the bottom it says the following:
‘Qore subscribers also have access to exclusive Game Demo’s, Beta Test invitations, and othr downloadable content such as game add-on’s, select PSN games and PS3 themes.’
I agree that asking for free stuff is wrong, but when your promised free stuff as part of the subscription, I see nothing wrong with asking for the stuff that you want.
This looks like a good month for free stuff, since we got a GOW3 demo, but a lot of times, all we get are themes. I think all that people want is a better balance with the free stuff.

krae_man said:

February 4th, 10:07 am

This years Qore comparred to last years is the biggest bait and switch ever.

El_Ten said:

February 4th, 10:29 am

Any word on Gran Turismo 5?

CruzaderXL said:

February 4th, 10:33 am

Agree 100% with krae_man.

I paid since I was sold on last year’s release of Qore. This year it sucks. And the videos aint that informative. Well they are if you dont use the internet at all. Everything we see in Qore is out weeks ahead of time online. So instead they should have better and more interesting content.

Also we are entitled to free stuff since its a perk of Qore. We are paying subscribers and all we get is themes???? Thats supposed to keep me as a paying member??? Hell no.

Not even a single free dynamic theme from Qore…you’d think they would give us a better product….

Omni937 said:

February 4th, 10:35 am

I played the Resonance of Fate Japanese demo on my Xbox 360 Japanese account.
It was interesting although I had no idea what was going on since it was in Japanese.
There seems to be a lot of jumping aerobatics and shooting guns in midair.
It’s cool at first, but gets tiring.
Now with the PS3 English demo I can really get a feel for the game.

LokeSTL said:

February 4th, 10:38 am

Resonance of Fate you say? BC2? I might actually DL it this month. Thanks!

HawkeyePierce said:

February 4th, 10:41 am

Is that the januari edition or februari..
just put them all in one folder guys (store).
This “look at download list” drives me nuts.

HawkeyePierce said:

February 4th, 10:45 am

Episode 21 ..lolz..

If only there was a NUMBER on the cover of Qore.

explosive78 said:

February 4th, 10:49 am

Are the themes dynamic themes. Cause i dont plan on buying a dynamic theme till i see how they look in motion.

typikal82 said:

February 4th, 11:04 am

most al Qore themes are static themes

PAGE 1 2 3