God of War

Feb 09

Feb 09

Heavy Rain Demo Forecasted for Thursday

Jefferson Dong's Avatar Posted by Product Marketing Manager, SCEA

Norman Jayden - Heavy Rain

While this might be true for the weather in some parts of the country this week, the game demo for Heavy Rain will be available worldwide through the PlayStation Store on Thursday, February 11, 2010. Mark this on your calendar! This PlayStation 3-exclusive demo will feature two full chapters from the game, in which players will immerse themselves in the roles of Norman Jayden, a FBI profiler brought in to help local law enforcement find and capture the Origami Killer, and Scott Shelby, a private investigator hired by families of past victims to bring their killer to justice. Gamers will finally get the chance to try this psychological thriller where players make choices that will determine their story, all in the hopes of uncovering the mystery of Heavy Rain. If you’re experiencing heavy rain this Thursday, feel free to stay inside to download and play the demo of Heavy Rain.

Scott Shelby - Heavy Rain

Add Your Own

Maverick10 said:

February 9th, 6:56 pm

It’s for like snow where I’m at. But this thursday…its gonna rain.

too corny?

saturnneo said:

February 9th, 7:10 pm

its about time

bigCman123 said:

February 9th, 7:15 pm

I was on the fence over this game, but thanks to the demo that I played over the weekend, I’m definitely picking this one up. Cannot wait. Heavy Rain, and God of War 3 will be breaths of fresh air from all those FPS games that keep coming out. Can’t wait.

Thedemonshead said:

February 9th, 7:22 pm

Can we get any info on the soundtrack? Will it be released on amazon or some other online outlet? I need to have this soundtrack(along with the game, of course)!

footballrule said:

February 9th, 7:27 pm

I’ve been playing the demo for a while now. Too much fun. This game is perfect!

BEN_LOOSE said:

February 9th, 7:28 pm

all right i finally got to blog on the ps network. i cant wait for this game to come out. n this is for the admin. y doesnt the wireless keypad have lit up keys it sucks thats why i had to re sell it. it defeats the whole purpose of using it at night. lmk please

BigJerBear said:

February 9th, 7:29 pm

I am indescribably stoked for this game to come out. can’t wait til thursday!

inspace2020 said:

February 9th, 7:38 pm

Downloaded the demo this weekend…I was already sure I was going to buy it, but the demo went above & beyond my expectations. Wonderful choice of chapters included, didn’t spoil anything but gave you enough story & gameplay to make you crave more.

This is my most anticipated game of the year so far. Can’t wait to play it!

Rock on Sony!

fredroprime said:

February 9th, 7:46 pm

sounds good…..is this a reward for buying something, or for the general population.

porkchop0123 said:

February 9th, 8:03 pm

will have on the date!

irock143 said:

February 9th, 8:18 pm

This is awesome! Can’t wait to play!

Solid-Snake-Eyes said:

February 9th, 8:20 pm

Got it pre-ordered at Futureshop for $53.99, will pay $5 for the DLC episode whenever it comes out and still come in under $60. Is that $5 price confirmed or what? If it’s more than $6 I’ll lose money not ordering from Amazon!

starBlinky01 said:

February 9th, 8:36 pm

played the demo, but there was something really messed up with the audio of the cop. Its like he was talking direction into the mic as if he was actually so close he was touching the mic with his mouth.. Its hard to understand him sometimes, there is no noise cancellation it seems on some of them.. Or I dont know what it is.. Sort of seems like the mic was a very low quality mic…

This is in the trailers also… So whats the deal!?

angelspawn77 said:

February 9th, 8:48 pm

sweet! downloading the demo now……I was planning on buying this game, just not at launch since im saving up money, perhaps the demo can change that.

MastaMold said:

February 9th, 9:06 pm

Day 1 buy can’t wait

m1ndz_ said:

February 9th, 9:21 pm

I loved indigo prophecy and heavy rain demo
big up to sony & QD for showing the power of the ps3 !! amazing graphics

Day One Buy !

TakiFuGu said:

February 9th, 9:42 pm

That’s a good forecast.

XenoNative said:

February 9th, 9:43 pm

thank the gods, this game is almost out!

x-former said:

February 9th, 9:51 pm

Day one purchase for me!! Been pre-ordered for months now. And the critical reception so far is phenomenal. Can’t wait to play (or experience) this gem!!

Jeigh said:

February 9th, 10:00 pm

Dammit, I only have SO MUCH time and money. I am ACTUALLY somewhat annoyed at having so many good games coming out! Can you imagine what it’s like to be annoyed at having so many good things?

SOMEONE had better delay their sh**, because there’s no way everyone’s going to keep up (I’m referring to both players and developers here).

Nevertheless, you guys have done an AMAZING job with this thing! I would be remiss to not support a developer advocating the creation of mature, deep experiences.

Jeigh said:

February 9th, 10:02 pm

Oh, by the way, have you guys given any thought to advertising this thing, like say on TV? I have trouble believing it wouldn’t benefit from breathing some of the open air mainstream culture could offer it.

phinnv8 said:

February 9th, 10:10 pm

Oh this is good news. Looking forward to check this out.

KratosRevenge said:

February 9th, 10:27 pm

The demo was really interesting and a change of pace. Got it early through the Four Days Challenge! Brilliant ARG!

PantherX said:

February 9th, 10:52 pm

No demo 4 me im going in fresh as a daisy. mines bought and paid for im not falling in the same trap as Indigo Prophecy demo i got in Playstation Magazine of Lucas in the diner and then i went crazy wondering what happen next. and being broke not being able to buy it right away. Not this time! i bought it. and the demo will only make me crazier! Oh no u dont!

THE-D1RTY-77 said:

February 9th, 10:56 pm

Ha, played the early demo from the four days event…its awesome, makes me even more anxious for the game…

that-acmilan-guy said:

February 9th, 11:22 pm

I played it, great demo.

shadysaiyanz said:

February 9th, 11:32 pm

Nice gesture but i don’t play demo
s of games i’m set on buying thanks :D

Does the US get a special edition? will it be in Target?

Jefferson Dong's Avatar

Cristian Cardona said:

February 10th, 10:00 am

No Special Edition for the US. Yes, it will be in Target stores.

Darkpen said:

February 10th, 12:36 am

Will there be a Kevin Butler commercial for Heavy Rain?

Demonized said:

February 10th, 12:50 am

Heavy Rain looks seriously good but I’m still not sold on it. I’m very happy there is a demo as it will help me decide one way or another. I actually hope it convinces me though because I love playing good games.

Thrasher20 said:

February 10th, 12:55 am

Thanks! I really want to try this out!

ynp7 said:

February 10th, 1:31 am

Fantastic demo. The best I’ve played in years. Can’t wait for February 23rd!

muzzar69 said:

February 10th, 2:14 am

played the demo from the 4 days and gotta say its really underwhelming.
it does not have the scale and changes david has been going on about for the last 4 years.
he said every time you play the game it changes, players react differently and depending on what you do, find or say changes what happens.

i know its only a demo but no matter what you do outcome is the same.
you sweet talk the hooker you leave with nothing, you try to sympathize with her you leave with nothing, you try to threaten her you leave with nothing.

even with the fight you kick the crap out of the guy, he and you leave with nothing.
he beats the crap out of you, he and you leave with nothing.

even with the crime scene everything you do, say, find does not change anything.
if you find 2 pieces of evidence than leave, or go through and find everything nothing changes what happens.
i was so excited for this because finally a game that actually makes you think about what you do, and truly makes you suffer from your actions.
there has been many games that have talked about that like GTAIV but sadly none have delivered, and sadly heavy rain looks like another one with all talk and no walk.

Jefferson Dong's Avatar

Cristian Cardona said:

February 10th, 10:03 am

I think comment 85 nails what I was going to say.

shdwz said:

February 10th, 2:40 am

@Cristian: SO…Sony has a real fetish for toes. What gives?

Jefferson Dong's Avatar

Cristian Cardona said:

February 10th, 10:02 am

It\’s only because they moved on from fingers after they realized that we take too long to type with our noses.

Mich_be said:

February 10th, 3:08 am

pre-ordered the game after playing the demo last week. It’s quite…special :)

zadorvp said:

February 10th, 4:57 am

@ChrispyCritter: It does not have online. It’s impossible for a game like this.
@CitizenInsane27: The game is and will remain (for now) PS3 exclusive. If you’ve read David Cage’s blog entries, you’ll see they only made it on PS3 (PC was also originally planned, but scrapped) and even that gave a lot of problems. These should not be called chapters in my opinion either. Cage referred to them as scenes and there are indeed more than 55 ;)
@muzzar69: You can’t expect every scene to change completely. However, you made some small choices during the Shelby scene AND Jayden scenes, both of which do affect the story. For example, Shelby’s calling card is skippable and Jayden can miss evidence. Just because you don’t see the consequences immediately doesn’t mean they’re not there.

pgsdi said:

February 10th, 5:15 am

ill just wait til i get the full game thank you..

TailsTheCat said:

February 10th, 5:29 am

I played this demo early as part of the four days deal there. This is a very exciting game but if Im buying one game at the end of February, beginning of March, Im getting Yakuza 3.
Im old.

KraZe_47 said:

February 10th, 5:32 am

Played the demo last night and I am definetely buying it. My wife will love playing this with me. :)

KILLZONE79 said:

February 10th, 5:55 am

already played the demo from the 4 days challenge. thanks though

ShadowOfEden said:

February 10th, 6:37 am

How big is the download? I just filled my 20gb because of Bioshock 2.

GAME-HERO said:

February 10th, 6:59 am

Not going to play demo, holding off for the game, Day one purchase for me!

Crotin said:

February 10th, 7:03 am

Cristian that’s OK, we’ll survive :)

DarthImpervious said:

February 10th, 7:19 am

Sweet.

UnKn0nSldr86 said:

February 10th, 7:31 am

played demo. WILL BUY

igorsport09 said:

February 10th, 9:04 am

In the full game,there will be portuguese in american version?

k1ngsnak3 said:

February 10th, 9:16 am

Gee, I’m feeling a bit under-the-weather and might need to call in sick later this week. Great news!

WindedHero said:

February 10th, 9:22 am

If anything we’ll be experiencing heavy snow in the US..

lyfestory said:

February 10th, 9:34 am

would love to have tried this demo out, but my PS3 is dead… i barely played my system more than a few hours a week, yet it dies on me… thanks Sony!!

wanethemane93 said:

February 10th, 9:41 am

There is a parade tomorrow, here in New Orleans and Mardi Gras, but as soon as I come home I will download the demo! I have been waiting for this game since ’06. Can’t wait to get my hands on it!

SyphonFilter- said:

February 10th, 9:55 am

I finally get to try it soon, should be awesome!