PS4-The Order

Heavy Rain Demo Forecasted for Thursday

Jefferson Dong's Avatar + Posted by Jefferson Dong on Feb 09, 2010 // Product Marketing Manager, SCEA

Norman Jayden - Heavy Rain

While this might be true for the weather in some parts of the country this week, the game demo for Heavy Rain will be available worldwide through the PlayStation Store on Thursday, February 11, 2010. Mark this on your calendar! This PlayStation 3-exclusive demo will feature two full chapters from the game, in which players will immerse themselves in the roles of Norman Jayden, a FBI profiler brought in to help local law enforcement find and capture the Origami Killer, and Scott Shelby, a private investigator hired by families of past victims to bring their killer to justice. Gamers will finally get the chance to try this psychological thriller where players make choices that will determine their story, all in the hopes of uncovering the mystery of Heavy Rain. If you’re experiencing heavy rain this Thursday, feel free to stay inside to download and play the demo of Heavy Rain.

Scott Shelby - Heavy Rain

+ Maverick10 on February 9th, 2010 at 6:56 pm said:

It’s for like snow where I’m at. But this thursday…its gonna rain.

too corny?

+ saturnneo on February 9th, 2010 at 7:10 pm said:

its about time

+ bigCman123 on February 9th, 2010 at 7:15 pm said:

I was on the fence over this game, but thanks to the demo that I played over the weekend, I’m definitely picking this one up. Cannot wait. Heavy Rain, and God of War 3 will be breaths of fresh air from all those FPS games that keep coming out. Can’t wait.

+ Thedemonshead on February 9th, 2010 at 7:22 pm said:

Can we get any info on the soundtrack? Will it be released on amazon or some other online outlet? I need to have this soundtrack(along with the game, of course)!

+ footballrule on February 9th, 2010 at 7:27 pm said:

I’ve been playing the demo for a while now. Too much fun. This game is perfect!

+ BEN_LOOSE on February 9th, 2010 at 7:28 pm said:

all right i finally got to blog on the ps network. i cant wait for this game to come out. n this is for the admin. y doesnt the wireless keypad have lit up keys it sucks thats why i had to re sell it. it defeats the whole purpose of using it at night. lmk please

+ BigJerBear on February 9th, 2010 at 7:29 pm said:

I am indescribably stoked for this game to come out. can’t wait til thursday!

+ inspace2020 on February 9th, 2010 at 7:38 pm said:

Downloaded the demo this weekend…I was already sure I was going to buy it, but the demo went above & beyond my expectations. Wonderful choice of chapters included, didn’t spoil anything but gave you enough story & gameplay to make you crave more.

This is my most anticipated game of the year so far. Can’t wait to play it!

Rock on Sony!

+ fredroprime on February 9th, 2010 at 7:46 pm said:

sounds good…..is this a reward for buying something, or for the general population.

+ porkchop0123 on February 9th, 2010 at 8:03 pm said:

will have on the date!

+ irock143 on February 9th, 2010 at 8:18 pm said:

This is awesome! Can’t wait to play!

+ Solid-Snake-Eyes on February 9th, 2010 at 8:20 pm said:

Got it pre-ordered at Futureshop for $53.99, will pay $5 for the DLC episode whenever it comes out and still come in under $60. Is that $5 price confirmed or what? If it’s more than $6 I’ll lose money not ordering from Amazon!

+ starBlinky01 on February 9th, 2010 at 8:36 pm said:

played the demo, but there was something really messed up with the audio of the cop. Its like he was talking direction into the mic as if he was actually so close he was touching the mic with his mouth.. Its hard to understand him sometimes, there is no noise cancellation it seems on some of them.. Or I dont know what it is.. Sort of seems like the mic was a very low quality mic…

This is in the trailers also… So whats the deal!?

+ angelspawn77 on February 9th, 2010 at 8:48 pm said:

sweet! downloading the demo now……I was planning on buying this game, just not at launch since im saving up money, perhaps the demo can change that.

+ MastaMold on February 9th, 2010 at 9:06 pm said:

Day 1 buy can’t wait

+ m1ndz_ on February 9th, 2010 at 9:21 pm said:

I loved indigo prophecy and heavy rain demo
big up to sony & QD for showing the power of the ps3 !! amazing graphics

Day One Buy !

+ TakiFuGu on February 9th, 2010 at 9:42 pm said:

That’s a good forecast.

+ XenoNative on February 9th, 2010 at 9:43 pm said:

thank the gods, this game is almost out!

+ x-former on February 9th, 2010 at 9:51 pm said:

Day one purchase for me!! Been pre-ordered for months now. And the critical reception so far is phenomenal. Can’t wait to play (or experience) this gem!!

+ Jeigh on February 9th, 2010 at 10:00 pm said:

Dammit, I only have SO MUCH time and money. I am ACTUALLY somewhat annoyed at having so many good games coming out! Can you imagine what it’s like to be annoyed at having so many good things?

SOMEONE had better delay their sh**, because there’s no way everyone’s going to keep up (I’m referring to both players and developers here).

Nevertheless, you guys have done an AMAZING job with this thing! I would be remiss to not support a developer advocating the creation of mature, deep experiences.

+ Jeigh on February 9th, 2010 at 10:02 pm said:

Oh, by the way, have you guys given any thought to advertising this thing, like say on TV? I have trouble believing it wouldn’t benefit from breathing some of the open air mainstream culture could offer it.

+ phinnv8 on February 9th, 2010 at 10:10 pm said:

Oh this is good news. Looking forward to check this out.

+ KratosRevenge on February 9th, 2010 at 10:27 pm said:

The demo was really interesting and a change of pace. Got it early through the Four Days Challenge! Brilliant ARG!

+ PantherX on February 9th, 2010 at 10:52 pm said:

No demo 4 me im going in fresh as a daisy. mines bought and paid for im not falling in the same trap as Indigo Prophecy demo i got in Playstation Magazine of Lucas in the diner and then i went crazy wondering what happen next. and being broke not being able to buy it right away. Not this time! i bought it. and the demo will only make me crazier! Oh no u dont!

+ THE-D1RTY-77 on February 9th, 2010 at 10:56 pm said:

Ha, played the early demo from the four days event…its awesome, makes me even more anxious for the game…

+ that-acmilan-guy on February 9th, 2010 at 11:22 pm said:

I played it, great demo.

+ shadysaiyanz on February 9th, 2010 at 11:32 pm said:

Nice gesture but i don’t play demo
s of games i’m set on buying thanks :D

Does the US get a special edition? will it be in Target?

Jefferson Dong's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on February 10th, 2010 at 10:00 am said:

No Special Edition for the US. Yes, it will be in Target stores.

+ Darkpen on February 10th, 2010 at 12:36 am said:

Will there be a Kevin Butler commercial for Heavy Rain?

+ Demonized on February 10th, 2010 at 12:50 am said:

Heavy Rain looks seriously good but I’m still not sold on it. I’m very happy there is a demo as it will help me decide one way or another. I actually hope it convinces me though because I love playing good games.

+ Thrasher20 on February 10th, 2010 at 12:55 am said:

Thanks! I really want to try this out!

+ ynp7 on February 10th, 2010 at 1:31 am said:

Fantastic demo. The best I’ve played in years. Can’t wait for February 23rd!

+ muzzar69 on February 10th, 2010 at 2:14 am said:

played the demo from the 4 days and gotta say its really underwhelming.
it does not have the scale and changes david has been going on about for the last 4 years.
he said every time you play the game it changes, players react differently and depending on what you do, find or say changes what happens.

i know its only a demo but no matter what you do outcome is the same.
you sweet talk the hooker you leave with nothing, you try to sympathize with her you leave with nothing, you try to threaten her you leave with nothing.

even with the fight you kick the crap out of the guy, he and you leave with nothing.
he beats the crap out of you, he and you leave with nothing.

even with the crime scene everything you do, say, find does not change anything.
if you find 2 pieces of evidence than leave, or go through and find everything nothing changes what happens.
i was so excited for this because finally a game that actually makes you think about what you do, and truly makes you suffer from your actions.
there has been many games that have talked about that like GTAIV but sadly none have delivered, and sadly heavy rain looks like another one with all talk and no walk.

Jefferson Dong's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on February 10th, 2010 at 10:03 am said:

I think comment 85 nails what I was going to say.

+ shdwz on February 10th, 2010 at 2:40 am said:

@Cristian: SO…Sony has a real fetish for toes. What gives?

Jefferson Dong's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on February 10th, 2010 at 10:02 am said:

It\’s only because they moved on from fingers after they realized that we take too long to type with our noses.

+ Mich_be on February 10th, 2010 at 3:08 am said:

pre-ordered the game after playing the demo last week. It’s quite…special :)

+ zadorvp on February 10th, 2010 at 4:57 am said:

@ChrispyCritter: It does not have online. It’s impossible for a game like this.
@CitizenInsane27: The game is and will remain (for now) PS3 exclusive. If you’ve read David Cage’s blog entries, you’ll see they only made it on PS3 (PC was also originally planned, but scrapped) and even that gave a lot of problems. These should not be called chapters in my opinion either. Cage referred to them as scenes and there are indeed more than 55 ;)
@muzzar69: You can’t expect every scene to change completely. However, you made some small choices during the Shelby scene AND Jayden scenes, both of which do affect the story. For example, Shelby’s calling card is skippable and Jayden can miss evidence. Just because you don’t see the consequences immediately doesn’t mean they’re not there.

+ pgsdi on February 10th, 2010 at 5:15 am said:

ill just wait til i get the full game thank you..

+ TailsTheCat on February 10th, 2010 at 5:29 am said:

I played this demo early as part of the four days deal there. This is a very exciting game but if Im buying one game at the end of February, beginning of March, Im getting Yakuza 3.
Im old.

+ KraZe_47 on February 10th, 2010 at 5:32 am said:

Played the demo last night and I am definetely buying it. My wife will love playing this with me. :)

+ KILLZONE79 on February 10th, 2010 at 5:55 am said:

already played the demo from the 4 days challenge. thanks though

+ ShadowOfEden on February 10th, 2010 at 6:37 am said:

How big is the download? I just filled my 20gb because of Bioshock 2.

Jefferson Dong's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on February 10th, 2010 at 10:04 am said:

Roughly 1.4 GBs.

+ GAME-HERO on February 10th, 2010 at 6:59 am said:

Not going to play demo, holding off for the game, Day one purchase for me!

+ Crotin on February 10th, 2010 at 7:03 am said:

Cristian that’s OK, we’ll survive :)

+ DarthImpervious on February 10th, 2010 at 7:19 am said:

Sweet.

+ UnKn0nSldr86 on February 10th, 2010 at 7:31 am said:

played demo. WILL BUY

+ igorsport09 on February 10th, 2010 at 9:04 am said:

In the full game,there will be portuguese in american version?

+ k1ngsnak3 on February 10th, 2010 at 9:16 am said:

Gee, I’m feeling a bit under-the-weather and might need to call in sick later this week. Great news!

+ WindedHero on February 10th, 2010 at 9:22 am said:

If anything we’ll be experiencing heavy snow in the US..

+ lyfestory on February 10th, 2010 at 9:34 am said:

would love to have tried this demo out, but my PS3 is dead… i barely played my system more than a few hours a week, yet it dies on me… thanks Sony!!

+ wanethemane93 on February 10th, 2010 at 9:41 am said:

There is a parade tomorrow, here in New Orleans and Mardi Gras, but as soon as I come home I will download the demo! I have been waiting for this game since ’06. Can’t wait to get my hands on it!

+ SyphonFilter- on February 10th, 2010 at 9:55 am said:

I finally get to try it soon, should be awesome!