PS4-The Order

MLB 10: The Show – Real Time Presentation Mode

Clayton Read's Avatar + Posted by Clayton Read on Feb 10, 2010 // Associate Producer, MLB 11 The Show

Dear sports fans,

In a continued effort to blur the lines between a video game and a televised broadcast, MLB 10: The Show is proud to introduce the brand new presentation mode: Real Time. Available with replays or without, Real Time is a new presentation mode designed to further enhance the realism our baseball simulation offers you, the baseball fan.

Hoping to have you question whether you’re playing MLB 10: The Show or watching a live baseball game on TV, we’ve captured hundreds of new animations and have done extensive work with both our AI and our cameras. From the pitcher toeing the rubber until the next batter walks up to the dish, you’ll experience continuity with the seamless animations and positional intelligence of each player on and off the field. All new camera angles and cut-timing capture the player’s new movements and further enhance the presentation mode by mimicking the camera work seen on televised MLB broadcasts. Post-play has never looked this real.

In this Real Time presentations video, we’re off to brand new Target Field where Joe Mauer and his teammates are kind enough to help demonstrate what this new mode has to offer.

In the first highlighted play, Joe crushes a solo home run to right field. Using picture-in-picture technology, we show you both the Real Time presentation footage and footage captured with a production fly camera. Once the ball clears the right field fence and the play ends, the jumbotron flashes “Joe” and the Real Time cameras cut to the dugout (out of fly cam view) as they react to Joe’s solo shot. Next, the Real Time cameras cut to Joe as he nears second base and follow him using different camera angles, as new animations blend to let him round the bases in continuous fashion. One more thing to notice would be the defensive players maneuvering into an extreme right shift in preparation for the next batter, Jim Thome.

In the second highlighted play, Jake Fox rips a sharp grounder that Justin Morneau snares and flips to Matt Guerrier, covering first, for the out. As the play ends, the camera cuts to Fox as he jogs off the field. Notice Fox use avoidance to sidestep clear of Guerrier. The following shots show Morneau getting back into position, and then a field shot of the infield. One last thing I can mention would be the infielders throwing the ball around the infield and eventually, as you’ll see in the game, back to the pitcher.

So why did we add Real Time presentations to MLB 10: The Show? What’s the point? Well our goal is simple. We want Real Time presentations to give baseball fans a new and real way to view our game.

We really hope you enjoy Real Time presentations and everything else about MLB 10: The Show.

PAGE 1 2

+ buggs1a on February 11th, 2010 at 10:44 am said:

Jason Villa you guys ROCK for letting us choose to play our games in the classic stadiums. I might pick polo grounds or ebbits field to use as my home team stadium in my franchise.

When I ask to make the game easier I’m referring to how the 08 and 09 games were way too hard even on rookie with sliders Macedonia for contact power etc for player 1 and sliders at 0 or barely above 0 for CPU. In 07 the show I play with CPU sliders a bit down but not much. Tiny bit less then half for CPU power etc. I play rookie guess pitch on. My sliders ate down less then half for contact and barely more then half power. I get good amount hits and hr with old timers on my team. Babe Ruth etc. In 08 and 09 the show I can max player 1 sliders and lower to 0 CPU and play on rookie guess pitch on and I barely get hits or hrs. I give up way more hits and hr. It’s a huge difference thus way too hard. So i still prefer 07 the show for this.

I also notice in 08 and 09 the show there’s a hitting delay or something when compared to 07 the show. It’s way harder to push the ball as a hitter in 08 and 09 the show. Swings feel off too in 08 and 09. I hope this is improved in 10 the show.

+ Strikuh on February 11th, 2010 at 11:45 am said:

I just want to know if the Cleveland Indians uniforms are correct this year? More specifically their hats. In ’09 the hats with the red bills were somehow left out.

+ RI0T16- on February 11th, 2010 at 12:14 pm said:

when will MLB 10 the show demo be out ?

+ sscoolChea on February 11th, 2010 at 12:31 pm said:

@ 51

i play on legend , strike zone and hotzone off ….guess pitch off. the best baseball experience you can have in a game . The AI is smart and you can’t make to many mistakes with your pitch . I don’t know how anyone can play this game in any other difficulty than legend.

+ NSamp7 on February 11th, 2010 at 12:47 pm said:

Jason or Aaron, is it still just the ratings bar or will there be numerical ratings?

+ RuthlessEd on February 11th, 2010 at 2:20 pm said:

#53:

Try reading.

+ NYCthebest14345 on February 11th, 2010 at 2:33 pm said:

when the demo comes out will it be philles vs Yankees because i want to see targets field with the twins. last year i hoped for Citi Field or Yankees Stadium II but you guy didn’t do it.

+ allenyjessy07 on February 11th, 2010 at 3:55 pm said:

I’VE BEEN WAITING FOR THE DEMO ALL DAY TODAY AND NOTHING …. CAUSE IT WAS SAID IT WOULD BE OUT TODAY

+ geiiga on February 11th, 2010 at 4:47 pm said:

Alright, I’m drooling over the possibility of playing a centerfielder in RTTS at the Polo Grounds. Can you guys tell me if this will be possible?

+ HatmanTc on February 11th, 2010 at 8:17 pm said:

@52 the red bill indian hat goes with their white home unis. plus it wouldnt make much sense it not being in the game, since its used in the graphics for the team

+ Hater–Aide on February 12th, 2010 at 8:44 am said:

Its pure genius, the gameplay. I tell you this game really changed my whole outlook on baseball gameplay. I would like to be able to play the online games from the pitcher view instead of just always the hitter view. Will you make this happen, do you know what I’m trying to say? Have you guys fixed the glitch that happens when say a guy is stealing going to second and the batter swings. If its a ball and I swing it should be a strike but it normally gives me a ball even though I swung at the pitch when my running is stealing? I’m all about improving the gameplay :)

Hater–Aide

+ Hater–Aide on February 12th, 2010 at 8:47 am said:

I love your game, my comments are meant to be interpreted with dignity :)

+ Hater–Aide on February 12th, 2010 at 8:48 am said:

I waited as well for the demo and nothing. I preorderd mine, cant wait to play it… Money that will be well spent. Once a fan, always a fan, how couldn’t the game play improve, your development is awesome!!!

+ Prince215 on February 12th, 2010 at 6:25 pm said:

Greatest game along with the fifa series.
One question though, in season mode when i make a trade the guy i just traded for still has his old teams hat, just wondering if that would change? Just kinda bothers me for some reason. thx

+ timmieo on February 12th, 2010 at 8:23 pm said:

jason can you plz answer my question. In rtts last season it was very frustrating when my created player was batting .450 with 32 hr 114 rbi’s but was getting sent back to the minors. is the logic to this years game changed?

+ strack94 on February 13th, 2010 at 7:24 pm said:

Really funny guys. Way to use the same footage to show game-play and real-time. HA thought you could trick me did you?

Hows the online game-play this year? hate to say but 09 really disappointed me with the online, the lag made it extremely difficult to play well.

+ taz3696 on February 13th, 2010 at 8:40 pm said:

Will there be any new throwback jerseys this year for any teams ? please answer back,it will help alot

+ nightowl_80 on February 14th, 2010 at 2:08 pm said:

In MLB 09 I went to franchise and started one and I basically fired everyone from that team and hired rookies and changed there names and stats so I cazn have a team I love is there a way after I finsh the first year to trade everyone from that team and choose another team to have them win a world series? As all of everyone knows you can’t do that in MLB 09 besides starting a new franchise. Is it possible to do that in MLB 10?

+ Joe-hara on February 14th, 2010 at 2:33 pm said:

You guys are just killing. Stop riddling 2k with bullets and just finish them off.

+ JCraft3 on February 16th, 2010 at 7:15 pm said:

Will we ever see a co-op MLB game? Just wondering why you guys leave that out every year. Acclaim Sports did it on the PS2, whats the deal??

+ Suchy420 on February 18th, 2010 at 6:25 am said:

I have heard that the demo may be released today is that true?

+ yanksfan4eva on February 18th, 2010 at 10:13 am said:

#71

i heard the same thing

+ JohnnyRu on February 23rd, 2010 at 6:23 pm said:

One thing I noticed on Joe’s HR is that RIGHT BEFORE he touches home plate the umpire turns away NOT EVEN LOOKING at home plate.

In real life, the umpire ALWAYS makes sure the runners touch home plate.

Please fix that.

+ markusk92 on February 25th, 2010 at 4:42 pm said:

when does the demo come out? the game is out in stores next week!

+ DjPrice03 on February 25th, 2010 at 6:30 pm said:

Where the DEMO today is feb 25 it suppose to come out already.

PAGE 1 2