Minecraft PS4

Peruse Yakuza 3’s Pre-order Bonuses

Aaron Webber's Avatar + Posted by Aaron Webber on Feb 10, 2010 // Associate Brand Manager, Sega of America

Hey there Yakuza fans, it’s been a little while, but we’re back with more news on Yakuza 3 – today, we’d like to show you guys what we’ve got set up as a pre-order bonus for all of the fans who support the game by throwing in their reserve ahead of time!

Yakuza 3 Survival Battle

What’s in store for those of us here in the US? A fair bit, actually – here’s what you score when you pre-order the game:

4 pieces of DLC will be packed into the game via a special code card. This will allow players access to the following content:

• Battle for Survival – Take on all the bosses of Yakuza 3 as Kazuma
• All-Star Tournament (7 character tournament)
• All-Star Tag Tournament (8 team tournament)
• Haruka’s Request – This unique series of challenge missions will send you on a task of exploration throughout the entire Yakuza world, playing mini-games and entertaining Haruka.

In addition to this, Yakuza fans who pre-order the game at their local GameStop will receive additional content via the Challenge Pack. This will allow them to enjoy 2-player mini games, competing against their friends at Pool, Bowling, Darts and Golf. They will also be able to customize their principle characters with four alternative costumes for Kazuma, Haruka and Rikiya.

Yakuza 3 All Star Tag Tournament Yakuza 3 Harukas Request

Besides the pre-order content, are there any specific parts of the game you guys out there are interested in? Let us know here in the comments, and we’ll see what we can do to get some spotlights out there on the things you all would most like to see.

With just over a month until Yakuza releases, the wait is almost over. Until next time!

PAGE 1 2

+ Axecution on February 10th, 2010 at 6:07 am said:

Gah i hate pre-order bonuses so much…

Guess it forces people who might not buy the game to get it day one though.

+ Axecution on February 10th, 2010 at 6:08 am said:

No but seriously, all this crap should be on the disc in the first place.
So annoying.

+ creid8 on February 10th, 2010 at 6:09 am said:

Still can’t believe we’re getting this. Thanks, Sega.

+ gor1llap1mp on February 10th, 2010 at 6:11 am said:

custom soundtracks, 1080p visuals, dts?

+ DMPrince on February 10th, 2010 at 6:11 am said:

I bet Europe will get this on disc without preordering. What’s up with US and preorders? Gamestop huh? figures.

+ Gorvi on February 10th, 2010 at 6:11 am said:

I just went out and bought the first two games over the weekend to see what all the fuss was about, and damn, I was really missing out. So far 7 chapters in the first game is fantastic.

So are we getting the special edition that has the soundtrack over here that was announced for the UK?

Aaron Webber's Avatar

+ Aaron Webber on February 10th, 2010 at 12:50 pm said:

There\’s no word currently of the soundtrack being available here in the US, but I know there are a lot of us out there who would appreciate it. At the very least, I\’ll see if I can score a few for a giveaway or contest a little closer to launch.

+ Bigmoose1985 on February 10th, 2010 at 6:16 am said:

Will amazon.com be getting these same Pre-order Bonuses?

+ daverhodus on February 10th, 2010 at 6:16 am said:

Do whatever you have to to sell the game. Yakuza is a great series.

+ AKGermany on February 10th, 2010 at 6:20 am said:

Love the franchise and Sega for bringing part 3 to us.
Still I have to ask – is it too late to change our US and EU box arts? ;-)

Aaron Webber's Avatar

+ Aaron Webber on February 10th, 2010 at 12:51 pm said:

It is, but getting feedback never hurts for the future. I sent over a lot of community responses on the box art already, but I can definitely add another one to the total. :)

+ neeerd08 on February 10th, 2010 at 6:21 am said:

i wish this was already on the disc, it would’ve been great for people who can’t get it on time. especially if overseas :\ but yakuza IS a great game! guess i’ll wait when the dlc’s get on psn after like 8 months.

+ Seph_luis_br on February 10th, 2010 at 6:22 am said:

All those thing should be on the game already.
But, those DLC will be available later ?
I can’t pre-order the game, but I will buy ASAP (probably first week of march).
Also, the game DLC will work on the European version ? I know the European version is like a Collector’s Edition and I’m thinking about getting that one.

Aaron Webber's Avatar

+ Aaron Webber on February 10th, 2010 at 12:54 pm said:

Good news – I can confirm that eventually the DLC will also come out for download. Those who pre-order will have it first and for an exclusive period of time, but we aren\’t going to penalize fans by completely locking it away forever.

+ TrueFFVIIFan on February 10th, 2010 at 6:38 am said:

If anyone of us could not pre-order this game for some reasons- will we be able to buy those DLCs that you offered them in coming weeks, right? Or this is one-time opportunity of lifetime…?

Aaron Webber's Avatar

+ Aaron Webber on February 10th, 2010 at 12:56 pm said:

As mentioned above, we will release them following the game launch, though I don\’t have full details to release regarding that just yet. But if for some reason you aren\’t able to pre-order, no worries – there will be another chance later on down the road.

+ Dangeresque92 on February 10th, 2010 at 6:38 am said:

Why do publishers continue to give GameStop exclusive preorders? They are the company that will buy your game back from someone for pennys on the dollar, and then re-sell it for 10% or original price without a nickel going back to the publisher. I understand not freezing them out completely, but why give them things that would massively improve their business? Don’t you want to reward people for shopping at places that don’t screw you over?

Seriously, I’m wondering…

+ TheManda on February 10th, 2010 at 6:40 am said:

Thank you, Sega, for bringing Yakuza 3 to the US! I pre-ordered it the day it was announced. I have two questions, though:

1. I pre-ordered through Amazon.com and the page for Yakuza still doesn’t reflect these bonuses. Will I have to cancel and re-order the game in order to get the bonuses, or will you guys arrange for the bonuses to apply to already existing pre-orders?

2. Will the Gamestop-exclusive content become available on PSN later for sale? I don’t want to do business with Gamestop, but would love some costumes!

Cheers for bringing Yakuza 3 over. Now please make Shenmue 3! Pretty please?

Aaron Webber's Avatar

+ Aaron Webber on February 10th, 2010 at 1:43 pm said:

1. It should apply to pre-existing orders, but I will check to make sure for you.

2. Yes, the extra DLC will come out later. Those who pre-order will get it exclusively for a period of time after release, but we will be giving everybody a chance to get their hands on it in time.

+ Sorral on February 10th, 2010 at 6:50 am said:

Always read, but never commented until now.

Can people just stop complaining about the DLC not being included please and ask relevant questions regarding the game?

As #14 said, thank you for bringing this game outside of Japan.

I am also wondering the same thing regarding Amazon and Gamestop, because I would rather not buy anything from Gamestop.

Sorral

+ marvinwynn on February 10th, 2010 at 6:59 am said:

Is there are list of stores we can pre-order from and get the bonuses?

+ adolson on February 10th, 2010 at 7:01 am said:

@2 – “4 pieces of DLC will be packed into the game via a special code card.”

That sounds like it IS on the disc to me.. Here’s hoping the codes are generic and unlocked in-game (like Darksiders, Burnout Paradise, etc), rather than requiring an unlock key downloaded from the PlayStation Store.

+ CajunShooter on February 10th, 2010 at 7:01 am said:

People need to realize that it is very important for the developer/publisher to secure preorders more so than it is for Gamestop. Gamestop makes maybe $9 for every new game they sell.

Every preorder that Gamestop takes in is another game sold from the publisher. Take into account that for every preorder that Gamestop gets they also increase the initial amount of games that they have for walk ins as well.

If Gamestop can net 50,000 pre-orders on a game they will probably end up buying 150,000-300,000 copies of the game. That is very beneficial for the Developer in initial sales. Because even if the game tanks in stores they still sold 300,000.

If Gamestop only gets 5,000 pre orders and order 20,000-30,000, if the game tanks then the developer only makes profit on those 30,000 as opposed to the 300,000.

Support the Developer/Publishers and pre order your games if you are into them and get all the free stuff that comes with it!

+ adolson on February 10th, 2010 at 7:02 am said:

@13 – the additional pre-order bonuses at GameStop would give people a reason to buy the New version there, rather than a Used version, right? Do you see where I’m going with this?

+ DarthImpervious on February 10th, 2010 at 7:04 am said:

How’s the fighting scheme? Is it like the 2nd game? Or has it been update any?

Aaron Webber's Avatar

+ Aaron Webber on February 10th, 2010 at 1:33 pm said:

If you\’ve played the earlier Yakuza games, you\’ll be able to follow the combat very easily. There are, however, a nice amount of little tweaks and updates that make it feel much more fluid on the whole.

If you\’re new, there\’s also a tutorial at the very beginning that explains how it all works and can guide you through the basics.

+ terribledeli on February 10th, 2010 at 7:19 am said:

Was it difficult to get the release through Sony’s certification process?

I mean, SCEA’s track record with subtitled only games is pretty awful (See Battle Fantasia, Record of Agarest War).

Also something to note. Gamestop.com is offer $5 off pre-orders. Not sure if it’s only online.

+ jqtaxpayer on February 10th, 2010 at 7:38 am said:

That it’s coming to the US is bonus enough.

Personally, I’d really like to see the “Kenzan!” title brought over — or at least a patch to the Japanese version that adds English subtitles so I could import it (and understand it).

Aaron Webber's Avatar

+ Aaron Webber on February 10th, 2010 at 1:47 pm said:

I own a japanese copy of Kenzan!, and it\’s a lot of fun. Granted, not knowing fluent Japanese makes text heavy games a challenge. :)

I\’m hoping that Yakuza 3 does well, even in the face of the challenges ahead. It is a fantastic game with amazing depth, and it\’s a shame more people don\’t already know about it. But I guess that\’s what we\’re out to change, right?

+ Tyris_Phoenix on February 10th, 2010 at 7:38 am said:

Awesome! I already pre-ordered actually because I’m pumped this game is coming to the U.S. However what about Yakuza 4? Don’t play with my emotions we are getting Yakuza 3 and that’s great but keep them coming. I heard that this game is getting dubbed and not just subtitles? Is that true and if so will I still have the option to switch to Japanese voices? Thanks again Sega.

Aaron Webber's Avatar

+ Aaron Webber on February 10th, 2010 at 1:35 pm said:

The game will retain the Japanese voices with English subtitles. No dubbing – and I\’m actually rather happy about that. :)

+ SpiritThief on February 10th, 2010 at 7:40 am said:

pre order bonuses suck. Try putting the codes in only new copies of the game instead.

+ hustlnomics on February 10th, 2010 at 7:42 am said:

how doing what god of war 1 and 2 did buy upscaling it and offering trophies. I have a PS3 slim and really want to play the past two games.

+ BlooodyCow on February 10th, 2010 at 8:50 am said:

First of all I am happy that this game is coming to North America and I will be buying it. I was going to buy it the first day, but I just realize that I will have Heavy Rain to beat, questing online in WKC (Addicted to this game), and God of War 3. Hopefully, I can buy this game at the beginning of April.

Second, why do pre-order bonus? Why not do what EA/Bioware is doing with their games and including the Code with ever new games rather than pre-orders. Gamestop with its used game business is doing nothing but screwing over developers and publisher. I just don’t understand why you guys still are doing exclusive business with a company that is cheating you on every used games sold.

+ RudeAnimat0r on February 10th, 2010 at 8:57 am said:

Could we get a pre-order bonus through Amazon? I don’t shop at GameStop and haven’t for more almost 2 years now.

+ odin_final on February 10th, 2010 at 9:05 am said:

Dear Sega;
“What’s in store for those of us here in the US? A fair bit, actually – here’s what you score when you pre-order the game”

Dose that mean Canada is not included if so Please Change it to North America and make some fans Happy ^_^ .

+ bendeboy on February 10th, 2010 at 9:22 am said:

guys, guys… calm down. i’m sure you can pre-order the game and get the code, and then just not buy the game from gamestop when it comes out. tell ‘em your gf bought it for you or whatever, and get your 5 bucks back. i do this all the time.

+ TreasureReserved on February 10th, 2010 at 9:38 am said:

I also don’t shop at GameStop. I’d rather buy from Amazon.

+ wanethemane93 on February 10th, 2010 at 9:38 am said:

Hell yea, I can’t wait to play yakuza 3! Loved the first two games. I have to pre-order to get that dlc. I was thinking about just walking in on release day and picking up the game, but I want ensure I have my copy of this awesome game.

+ Anti-Steven on February 10th, 2010 at 9:42 am said:

What about people who haven’t played the first two games and don’t know much about the story. I know Europe is getting something that helps with this problem, but what would you suggest us Americans do?

Aaron Webber's Avatar

+ Aaron Webber on February 10th, 2010 at 1:37 pm said:

All versions of the game will come with two built-in movies that detail all the major events of both Yakuza 1 and Yakuza 2. You can grab a drink and some popcorn and catch up on the last few years of the series in a single evening, and then continue the adventure directly after.

+ BlooodyCow on February 10th, 2010 at 9:44 am said:

@29 bendeboy
You can’t do that anymore. Now, these codes are inside special GameStop edition box. Or maybe the rapper has a sicker on it, i don’t remember. But you can’t do that anymore, they figure out what we been doing :)

+ Matsuura-kun on February 10th, 2010 at 9:45 am said:

Dear Sega,

I have a question. I bought the Japanese version (Ryu ga Gotoku 3) since it didn’t seem likely it was going to get a North American release at the time. I installed the trophies for it, but haven’t played through the game yet (still working on Kenzan). If I buy and play the North American version of Yakuza 3, will the system recognize it as the same game and use the already existing trophy set? Or will the system recognize the Japanese and North American versions as separate games and install separate trophy sets for them? I know this might sound petty, but this is really important to me!

Thanks in advance.

Aaron Webber's Avatar

+ Aaron Webber on February 10th, 2010 at 1:38 pm said:

A very good question. I\’ve passed this on to our producer for the game, and will comment here or add it as part of a blog once I get an answer.

+ SyphonFilter- on February 10th, 2010 at 9:58 am said:

Will be buying this day 1. Got it pre-ordered the other day.

+ Thrasher20 on February 10th, 2010 at 10:08 am said:

Gamestop. LAME!!!!!!!!! I dislike these exclusive pre-order stuff

+ Dragonzblaze on February 10th, 2010 at 10:13 am said:

will preorder this game asap loved the japanese demo cant wait to play full game and actually understand whats going on lol

+ bendeboy on February 10th, 2010 at 10:16 am said:

@33 BlooodyCow
aww shucks, i did get away with it for the
gow skin and demo though. o well, fun while it lasted i guess.

+ seraphssavior on February 10th, 2010 at 10:21 am said:

Pre-Order bonuses, specifically those that are DLC, are always released eventually for free, down the line. For everyone worrying, I’m sure that this is the case. It’d be a stupid marketing move to not do this.

If you don’t pre-order, or don’t want to do it through gamestop, I’m sure they DLC will be out on PSN eventually.

+ boxmyth on February 10th, 2010 at 10:21 am said:

Pre-ordered and eagerly awaited.

I’d like to know how the fighting engine has changed from 1 + 2 to 3. I tried the Japanese demo and found the fighting was a bit different from the first two, but more specifics on what has changed and/or been altered from the previous titles would be interesting to hear.

+ seraphssavior on February 10th, 2010 at 10:25 am said:

Didn’t mean to say that DLC is released for free down the line, just that it’s released down the line…wishful slip on my part.

+ shrimpdude on February 10th, 2010 at 10:29 am said:

What the hell ever happened to PHYSICAL preorder bonuses? An artbook, a poster, maybe a nice little figure, or even just a limited edition case? I’d throw down a preorder for any of those things.

+ lm_The_Boss on February 10th, 2010 at 10:32 am said:

I absolutely despise Gamestop. I with there was a pre-order bonus at Amazon.

+ NEJI64 on February 10th, 2010 at 10:55 am said:

hey Sega America give this tip to Sega Japan.

tell the studio behind Yakuza to tech Platinum Games how to develop for the PS3. or at lest tech Platinum Games how to make a decent port to PS3.

so at lest Platinum Games wont release another garbage port like Bayonetta.

Aaron Webber's Avatar

+ Aaron Webber on February 10th, 2010 at 1:45 pm said:

Not to get too off-topic, but have you played it with the latest patch?

+ Dmx66 on February 10th, 2010 at 11:34 am said:

will amazon.ca get these same pre order bonuses?

+ KuGoS on February 10th, 2010 at 11:45 am said:

The US box art looks absolutely terrifying, in my honest opinion. I question how this game will sell with such an abysmal box cover. Hope that was just a prototype or a place holder cover… Greatly looking forward to the game, thought!

+ BrazilianSniper on February 10th, 2010 at 11:48 am said:

Can’t wait, but I guess I’ll be missing out on those pre-order bonus because there’s no way I’m getting anything at GameStop. It’s beyond me why they always choose gamestop for the better pre-order bonus or in this case the only store with pre-order bonus, for one thing, they should hate GS in the first place for selling used games and by now Sega/Sony or whoever knows that many gamers hate GS. I’ll be ordering at amazon without bonus I guess.

+ sam_i_jam on February 10th, 2010 at 12:02 pm said:

You had me at “Hello” Sega.

I was at TGS when Ryu Ga Gotoku 4 was announced and I knew then that I had to be able to play Yakuza 3 with localized text or my head would explode. I adore this series. Cannot wait for it.

+ Jackal888 on February 10th, 2010 at 12:03 pm said:

I just finished Yakuza 2. I want those pre-order bonuses.I do not want to go to Gamestop. Can you extend those bonuses to Amazon.com? If not I will go to Gamestop. I am not a fan of Gamestop.

+ twooh on February 10th, 2010 at 12:05 pm said:

Ghey. Why do people pre-order anyways? It isn’t like all the stores are gonna run out. yet there’s still people who will say different. Boycotting pre-orders will make them obsolete.

The people who don’t have the cash for this on release will lose out. What a shame gaming has come to.

I have learned to only buy games on release that are worth it and that don’t do crap like this. What if I don’t like buying from GameStop? I miss out cause I don’t want to give that company my money? Guess so.

Now that Yakuza 3 has done this, I will wait till the game drops in price. There’s plenty of other games I have done this with and I have plenty of games I can play in the mean time.

PAGE 1 2