PS4-Watch_Dogs

Peruse Yakuza 3′s Pre-order Bonuses

Aaron Webber's Avatar + Posted by Aaron Webber on Feb 10, 2010 // Associate Brand Manager, Sega of America

Hey there Yakuza fans, it’s been a little while, but we’re back with more news on Yakuza 3 – today, we’d like to show you guys what we’ve got set up as a pre-order bonus for all of the fans who support the game by throwing in their reserve ahead of time!

Yakuza 3 Survival Battle

What’s in store for those of us here in the US? A fair bit, actually – here’s what you score when you pre-order the game:

4 pieces of DLC will be packed into the game via a special code card. This will allow players access to the following content:

• Battle for Survival – Take on all the bosses of Yakuza 3 as Kazuma
• All-Star Tournament (7 character tournament)
• All-Star Tag Tournament (8 team tournament)
• Haruka’s Request – This unique series of challenge missions will send you on a task of exploration throughout the entire Yakuza world, playing mini-games and entertaining Haruka.

In addition to this, Yakuza fans who pre-order the game at their local GameStop will receive additional content via the Challenge Pack. This will allow them to enjoy 2-player mini games, competing against their friends at Pool, Bowling, Darts and Golf. They will also be able to customize their principle characters with four alternative costumes for Kazuma, Haruka and Rikiya.

Yakuza 3 All Star Tag Tournament Yakuza 3 Harukas Request

Besides the pre-order content, are there any specific parts of the game you guys out there are interested in? Let us know here in the comments, and we’ll see what we can do to get some spotlights out there on the things you all would most like to see.

With just over a month until Yakuza releases, the wait is almost over. Until next time!

PAGE 1 2

+ Jackal888 on February 10th, 2010 at 12:05 pm said:

@34 you will get two sets of trophies. They are not seen as the same game.

+ OUC05 on February 10th, 2010 at 1:12 pm said:

favorite series of all time. Glad its so true to its subject matter.

At the beginning will there be a summary from the past games so we can catch up on the story as its been a while since playing? Yakuza 2 did a great job of this.

Aaron Webber's Avatar

+ Aaron Webber on February 10th, 2010 at 1:41 pm said:

Yes, there will be – a full summary for Yakuza 1 and another for Yakuza 2!

+ IcedDice777 on February 10th, 2010 at 1:39 pm said:

PreOrdered my Yakuza 3 copy 2 weeks ago. SOoooo….when can we expect a sequel to Skies of Arcadia “Exclusively” on the PS3?

Aaron Webber's Avatar

+ Aaron Webber on February 10th, 2010 at 1:41 pm said:

Skies is one of my favorite RPG\’s of all time. I\’d love to see a sequel too, but there\’s no news of one currently. Even so, I\’ll keep on passing on word that people would like to see one.

+ dallow on February 10th, 2010 at 1:45 pm said:

I’m glad this game is being released, already have it pre-ordered from Amazon.

I’m glad the other bonus will be released on PSN after a while.
2-player minigames isn’t a priority anyway.

But man, wish we were getting the CD like the UK.

I noticed New Zealand is getting a Premium Version with dev diaries, I hope those videos are posted to PSN.

Thanks Sega, all you need to do know is bring over Kenzan (with trophy patch ;) ) and Yakuza 4!

+ megamixer on February 10th, 2010 at 1:46 pm said:

“are there any specific parts of the game you guys out there are interested in?”

How about the UFO Catcher game in HD :p

Aaron Webber's Avatar

+ Aaron Webber on February 10th, 2010 at 1:49 pm said:

This game is freaking sweet. I specifically went to CLUB SEGA when I was demoing this game in New York last week so I could show the UFO Catcher to people.

That, and Boxcelios…

+ Chairman_Kaga on February 10th, 2010 at 2:01 pm said:

Does the pre-order bonus apply only to gamestop? I usually pick up my games at Best Buy for their point system thing and I would prefer to do business with them.

Or if not, are these going to be paid DLC down the road or free ones?

+ Neil on February 10th, 2010 at 2:03 pm said:

Can we have an unlockable playable Ryo Hazuki from Shenmue? I’d pay 10 bucks for that DLC!

+ bendeboy on February 10th, 2010 at 2:10 pm said:

@ twooh

hear hear

+ TheBanditKing on February 10th, 2010 at 2:27 pm said:

Again, Sega this is awesome that you brought this over. I might just let you slide for a while about Shenmue 3 (since this game is its spiritual successor). Also the OST for this game rocks, it literally kicks your teeth in so naturally custom soundtrack in NOT necessary.

+ TheBanditKing on February 10th, 2010 at 2:31 pm said:

Hey as a side note can you play the mini games by your self too? I am literally geeking out about being able to play darts in a game like in Shenmue again! He guys do you think you could convince Toshihiro Nagoshi to put up a Ryo Hazuki costume for Kiryu to wear? Doesn’t have to be for Yakuza 3 but in one of the game s would be awesome.

Aaron Webber's Avatar

+ Aaron Webber on February 10th, 2010 at 2:35 pm said:

Yes, you can play mini-games solo! Playing darts brought back memories.

What\’s really fun: Drinking a fair bit of alcohol and -then- playing darts. (Yes, it really does affect your vision – and aim.) Don\’t try this at home, kids.

+ jimmyfoxhound on February 10th, 2010 at 2:32 pm said:

Woohoo! Can’t wait to pick this game up. Preorder is all paid off! Thanks Sega!!!

+ megamixer on February 10th, 2010 at 2:48 pm said:

Glad to hear UFO Catcher is as good as ever! Any chance it utilizrs sixaxis motion control? Moving that crane via tilt seems like it would be a natural fit. What I’ve always found unnatural about it is a guy like Kazuma spending his time and money playing it, and apparently being very good since he’s helped out so many people in need of the stuffed toys found within!

On an unrelated subject, how about that new Valkyria DLC and getting Phantasy Star Portable up on PSN?…

+ kani-sans on February 10th, 2010 at 3:04 pm said:

Hi Sega!

I’ve already got my preorder at eb games, (which i’m assuming is the same as gamestop) =)

Just wanted to thank you for bringing the title over, and was wondering two things:
1) Do you think we’ll get Kenzan or should I just import?
2) Could SEGA please make the Japanese box art available to get printed ourselves? pretty please with bacon?

ps. you asked what parts of the game we were interested in and I’d have to say the karaoke! Some Japanese friends and I goofed around with the demo this weekend, and that was loads of fun. =)

Thanks again for listening!

+ sirjafar on February 10th, 2010 at 3:35 pm said:

please Aaron tell me that the dlc will be free later on, I believe they were free in Japan, or at least compensate the fans who waited nearly 2 years by giving us the dlc for free.

+ sirjafar on February 10th, 2010 at 3:37 pm said:

oh yah btw I guess we won’t get the quiz arcade game in the international version of the game, will we’ll get something else?

+ Anti-Steven on February 10th, 2010 at 3:42 pm said:

Thanks Aaron, I most likely end up picking it up then.

+ Jon_Mclane on February 10th, 2010 at 4:03 pm said:

Can’t wait for this game, already have my pre-order. But I would like to get maybe some more info on mini games and other non story related things. Maybe a blog on what else their is to do in the city or spots to make sure to visit.

+ foom4real on February 10th, 2010 at 4:09 pm said:

Does this mean that the trophy list on the website will be fixed?

Ryuu ga gotoku 3/Yakuza 3 trophies don’t show up on the website, even though I have those trophies.

Final Fantasy XIII, God of War I & II, and Prototype’s trophies are also missing from the website.

+ Einhander138 on February 10th, 2010 at 4:16 pm said:

This is content *removed* from the disc, in order to make us buy it at a specific store.

Unacceptable.

Why are we not getting the same version as Europe, you thieving, money grubbing bastards?

+ kdiep on February 10th, 2010 at 4:28 pm said:

Man I would’ve loved to have bought this but there’s a one-two punch I can’t get over.

1. Pre-order bonuses only at GameStop:
I’m no fan of GameStop and even Yakuza 3 is not enough to make me go there (and that says a lot mind you), only MGS4 has made me go there in recent times and I bought a PS3 solely for MGS4 mind you. Never did I feel such pain walking into a store.

2. GoW 3 is coming out same month:
My two brothers kindly gave me GoW3 Ultimate Edition fully payed off pre-order. One would think that would give me more money for Yakuza 3 but time is of the essence and as a student with much homework, I can’t afford to play through two different but EPIC games.

Seriously Sega, I LOVE you guys. I got Full Auto 2, Valkyria Chronicles and Crazy Taxi (PSP) and would’ve gotten Bayonetta too had it not been the worst port of recent times (even almost worse than those present in PS3′s first year). Anyway, I say thanks for bringing Yakuza 3 over cause I love this series, but it bums me out to see you Sega handle the series like this, releasing it in the same month as FFXIII and GoW3. It’s like Yakuza is never gonna get the proper chance to succeed.

+ oni_saru on February 10th, 2010 at 5:36 pm said:

I’m soooo excited!! Though I wish we could also get the Europe bonuses >.< Still, it's enough having the game come to the US!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"are there any specific parts of the game you guys out there are interested in? "

The Karaoke!!!!! You have no idea how many times I played karaoke in the demo!!! It's always funny to see Kazuma go all out! XD

Also, will Yazawa Eikichi's songs still be in the game? I love Loser and Jikan yo Tomare!!

+ Dragun619 on February 10th, 2010 at 5:46 pm said:

Can we have an awesome Yakuza 3 slipcover for the game like the Slipcover for Tekken 6. I like Slipcovers in my game collection, I think publishers should do it more frequently or at least for the Launch Copies.

Other than that, I think I shall pre order this at Gamestop!!!???….. -_- No preorder bonuses for Amazon? What!

+ jdizzle84 on February 10th, 2010 at 6:29 pm said:

Have this preordered already just as I did for Yakuza 1 and 2. These kinds of games need our support or else they will stay in the land of the rising sun.

On an unrelated issue, are we going to ever get trophies for Valkyria Chronicles?? Please say YES!

+ marlyt on February 10th, 2010 at 6:52 pm said:

I have never played a Yakuza game before. Because of QORE’s story on it and the preview I ordered it @ gamestop on monday night when i picked up Bioshock 2. I can’t wait, and pre-ordering rocks!

Why are gamers such crybabies about money. You steal it from your mom’s purse, so what does it matter? Either order it or don’t you whiny little girls. You have a choice and nobody cares if it’s fair. By the way, it’s called Capitalism.

+ ADR143 on February 10th, 2010 at 7:19 pm said:

looks good

+ Accela9 on February 10th, 2010 at 8:03 pm said:

what about canada?

+ Darkpen on February 11th, 2010 at 12:07 am said:

Hey Aaron, will you guys post a super high-res print-quality pdf or png of the box art so that people can mess with it and make their own? Some high-res press art assets of a wide range of screenshots on your sega ftp site or something would be nice as well. And finally, will there be a Kevin Butler commercial to be aired in time for the launch of Yakuza 3?

+ wolfboyXZ on February 11th, 2010 at 12:45 am said:

Any reason for the crappy US covers lately (yakuza 3, star ocean 4, super SF4)? Why can’t these game companies just use the Japanese cover if all they’re gonna do is replace it with a badly photoshopped image without any sense of composition.

While we’re at it, can we stop overly cropping the covers so damn much to fit it onto the PS3′s unusual dimensions? There are less extreme ways to make things fit…like more width.

+ Onna76_NL on February 11th, 2010 at 8:16 am said:

I “hate” DLC’s.

+ Elvick_ on February 11th, 2010 at 9:07 am said:

I’m getting really tired of preorder bonuses. It’s a ripoff to basically be forced into buying a game before it’s even out just to get stuff you should have gotten on the disc in the first place.

+ bh7812 on February 11th, 2010 at 1:14 pm said:

Hi Mr. Webber,

I too would like to thank Sega for bringing Yakuza 3 to the US! I have it pre-ordered too and am really looking forward to it. It’s been a great series and one of the best game series in a while with a story that really pulls you in as well as characters who are well developed.

I have one question that I hope you’ll see and that I’m not too late in posting..I was considering importing from Europe due to the DLC and now it doesn’t look like I’ll have to. The Soundtrack doesn’t bother me either way if we get that or not. What I would like and the big reason I considered importing was the bonus DVD Europe is getting..the Yakuza Who’s Who DVD. As a last minute request can we get that here too please? At least consider putting it on PSN. That was the one part of that premium edition I really wanted. Anyway thank you for bringing Yakuza 3 to the US I’m very greatful for that! Guys even if you won’t get to it for a while PLEASE at least buy it close to launch day! It’s the only way we’ll get Yakuza 4 and Kenzan!

+ Oni_Musha on February 22nd, 2010 at 5:26 am said:

Pre-ordered last week too, but having read some worrying things about content being left out like the popular hostess bar side game, makes me hesitate my purchase.

Can you confirm that this is still in the maingame or at least will be added through DLC at a later date?

+ MNSpectre on February 24th, 2010 at 9:19 am said:

To The Executive Board of Sega Corporation and Sammy Corporation,

I’m writing in regards to the editorial changes that were announced for the upcoming Western release of “Yakuza 3″. I’ve been a fan of Sega for decades having purchased most major releases (including imports), and every console Sega has released in North America. The “Yakuza” series (Ryu ga Gotoku) is easily one of the best in existence.

Unfortunately, the recently announced cuts have made me severely question whether Sega/Sammy truly respects its customers or its developers. To remove so much content is both a slap in the face to the artists, programmers, and engineers that poured their hearts into creating such a masterpiece, and the consumers that simply wanted the same game that Japan received a year ago only with subtitles.

Simply put, I’m finding it harder to justify paying full price for a “partial” game. Please do what can be done to get this content back into the game. You will notice that you’ve already created a large backlash from the fans by announcing this a mere 2 weeks before it is to be release.

Thank you for your time and years of wonderful entertainment.

+ SynGamer on February 26th, 2010 at 6:58 am said:

Give us back the trivia and hostess. I want a complete game or my money is staying in my wallet.

+ SUPERVERITECH on March 7th, 2010 at 11:16 pm said:

I would like to know if you still have the option to use Japanese text, or was it supplanted by English? My girlfriend is Japanese and still wants to read in Japanese, hopefully you can choose.

PAGE 1 2