Far Cry 4

New God of War III Pre-Order Bonus and Trailer

Anthony Caiazzo's Avatar + Posted by Anthony Caiazzo on Feb 11, 2010 // Senior Product Marketing Manager, SCEA

Spartan Army! You are only a little over a month away from March 16th, the day Kratos brings Chaos to the PlayStation 3. Although the release is a little over a month away we still have some epic size announcements in store for you fans.

The much-anticipated God of War III trailer that Geoff Keighley can’t stop Tweeting about, hits tonight, 12.30am (Eastern and Pacific) on Spike TV. Here’s a quick preview:

We also have more exciting news to share for fans. Starting today, GameStop has announced that customers who pre-order God of War III in-store will receive an exclusive 17 x 24 poster signed by Andy Park, Concept Artist for God of War III. This premium is in addition to the previously announced exclusive Phantom of Chaos character skin. The poster is available at the time of pre-order, and quantities are limited. Already pre-ordered? Don’t worry; the offer will also apply to those that have previously pre-ordered God of War III in-store. Please note that the offer is not available online. For more information, or to find a store near you, log on to www.gamestop.com.

God of War III Gamestop poster

Until then, enjoy the trailer tonight, and let us know what you think!

105 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Bowdz on February 11th, 2010 at 10:07 am said:

Absolutely awesome. I cannot wait to see the new trailer!

+ UNCyrus on February 11th, 2010 at 10:10 am said:

Any other pre-order bonuses? Say for… Amazon?

+ boricuacookie on February 11th, 2010 at 10:13 am said:

Cant wait to get this.

+ blindrocket on February 11th, 2010 at 10:13 am said:

Hand-signed or printed autograph?

+ makaveddy on February 11th, 2010 at 10:14 am said:

o man call me crazy but KRATOS IS MY DADDY!!! lol i can not wait for this game….ARES!!!!

+ sscoolChea on February 11th, 2010 at 10:15 am said:

Already paid for the ULTIMATE EDITION….I can’t freakin wait …….

+ About-200-Ninjas on February 11th, 2010 at 10:15 am said:

lol Printed autograph.

No way Park is gonna hand sign 3 million + copies of the poster in a month lol. No Human being not even Kratos could pull that off. heck not even Goro from mortal Kombat could do it.

+ THE_J on February 11th, 2010 at 10:16 am said:

man that poster looks really cool,God Of War always had awesome artwork

+ redbaron788 on February 11th, 2010 at 10:17 am said:

so when are yall gonna fix the blog so the vidoes work on the ps3 browser? my pc is teh brokes so all i got is my playstation for the internets

+ BlooodyCow on February 11th, 2010 at 10:17 am said:

Why do GameStop get all these cool pre-order. I absolutely despise that company and their business methods.

+ Karsghul on February 11th, 2010 at 10:18 am said:

Too late gamestop…i’ve already decided to pre-order it on Amazon.

+ JPMCH on February 11th, 2010 at 10:19 am said:

What about us… who preordered it ONLINE? Damn!

+ Jeigh on February 11th, 2010 at 10:20 am said:

Alright, before I even consider watching the trailer, I need to know: ARE THERE GOING TO BE ANY SPOILERS? I’m going to get the game either way, and I really would like to see the trailer in the meantime, but I don’t want to have some revelation popping up half-way through the trailer that ruins it for me.

(Final Fantasy XII ((SPOILER)) was ruined for me with just the screenshots of Ashe with her name, since she was supposed to have died pretty much at the very beginning of the game.)

+ EnigmaNemesis on February 11th, 2010 at 10:20 am said:

Pre-ordered Ultimate from Amazon.

Not a fan of Gamestop … boo!

I would like the poster autograph or not.

+ Dragonzblaze on February 11th, 2010 at 10:23 am said:

still cant watch videos from ps3 browser or comment also already preordered the ultimate edition i better get my poster XD

+ Jeigh on February 11th, 2010 at 10:23 am said:

That poster is another one of those things that you should really consider selling separately (sort of like all of those shirts). As a general rule, I avoid Gamestop when I can, but I’d easily pay $15 for that poster separately.

+ bushisprez on February 11th, 2010 at 10:29 am said:

Can’t wait for more exclusives! Gonna get one of those posters Kratos is already staring at me from a playstation magazine pinup telling me to get it. lol

+ usergentoo on February 11th, 2010 at 10:29 am said:

What about a demo without a price attached to it.

+ xBlackBloodx on February 11th, 2010 at 10:30 am said:

Woo, gonna go get my poster soon!

Annnd

We want limited edition bundle info!!!

At least deny it if it’s not happening, i want to get a new one but i’m waiting till you say something about it so if you aren’t making one i can go get it sooner..

+ headwing45 on February 11th, 2010 at 10:30 am said:

When you say Gamestop, do you also mean EB Games (and EB Games Canada?)

+ kb4983 on February 11th, 2010 at 10:34 am said:

I’m sorry this is complete [DELETED]! I pre-ordered the Ultimate Edition online the DAY it was announced and now I don’t even get one of the coolest pre-order bonuses?!?! WTF, this is seriously a [DELETED] promotion!

+ igorsport09 on February 11th, 2010 at 10:38 am said:

In the game,there will be portuguese in american version?

+ kristophergrin on February 11th, 2010 at 10:38 am said:

fu*king fantastic.
Go Gow3/Santa Monica Studios/PS3 for the win!

+ whatisdelicious on February 11th, 2010 at 10:40 am said:

This is awesome. I’m getting the ultimate edition, now with an extra skin and a free poster, AND I made a deal with the GameStop manager that I get the huge God of War III box art poster in their window when I pick up the game.

I’m coming home with SO much swag on the 16th.

+ Gunwing on February 11th, 2010 at 10:42 am said:

This game is a major reason I wanted back in on the PS3! Please make sure it’s the biggest action packed God of War title yet! Please make sure it has no issues when it launches!

Also please do some DLC! DLC FTW! Even if all it turns into is new skins………

+ headwing45 on February 11th, 2010 at 10:43 am said:

What kind of poster is this? Is this a poster you usually get in a Playstation magazine or is it a 20$ thick one?

+ Nintendo451 on February 11th, 2010 at 10:44 am said:

I already preordered this from Amazon. If this would have been announced earlier, I would have ordered it from Gamestop. Is there any way to fix this?

+ Juggalo1987 on February 11th, 2010 at 10:44 am said:

so wait how do we get the poster if we already paid for the pre order.

+ dragonmagician on February 11th, 2010 at 10:46 am said:

Is this available in Canada???

+ kb4983 on February 11th, 2010 at 10:48 am said:

I’m sorry this is completely unfair! I pre-ordered the Ultimate Edition online the DAY it was announced and now I don’t even get one of the coolest pre-order bonuses?!?! WTF, this is seriously a horrible promotion!

+ Invicta2 on February 11th, 2010 at 10:49 am said:

NOOO!! I already pre-ordered my Ultimate Edition from Amazon and I really want that poster.

I just hope that one of those posters pops up on Ebay… I’d easily pay $20-$30 bucks for it.

+ VofEscaflowne on February 11th, 2010 at 10:53 am said:

Is the pre-order bonus available through EB in Canada? I’d really love to get this… but I hate being such a huge God of War fan but being so limited on bonuses we receive in Canada :(

+ mywhitenoise on February 11th, 2010 at 11:01 am said:

Spike needs to learn how to tell time. Thursday 12:30am was THIS morning, not “tonight”. 12:30am “tonight” is Friday morning.

Really pisses me off, I was looking forward to watching it this morning.

+ terribledeli on February 11th, 2010 at 11:03 am said:

It’s meant to encourage pre-orders from the B&M stores.

Hopefully it’ll end up like the Metroid Prime Trilogy poster and be promised to online consumers, then not arrive. Then we’ll get gift cards for the mix-up. Hooray!

Either way, I’d just toss my poster in the closet. Nothing says inappropriate for an adults’ home like a honkin’ huge Kratos poster.

+ KaMaKaZZZ on February 11th, 2010 at 11:05 am said:

Kevin Butler is so awesome.

+ Grondinm on February 11th, 2010 at 11:07 am said:

will these pre-order bonuses also apply to us Canadians who pre-ordered at ebgames? i have the ultimate edition pre-ordered and pretty much paid for. hope to get this sweet poster as well.

+ kosluftar on February 11th, 2010 at 11:10 am said:

I pre-ordered the Ultimate Edition February 3rd at EBGames in Canada. Will I get the poster when I pick up the game?

+ Kenshin71 on February 11th, 2010 at 11:12 am said:

Nice preview for Splinter Cell: Conviction there.

+ Enigma777 on February 11th, 2010 at 11:15 am said:

Gamestop sucks! Can you please stop giving them the best pre-order bonuses!!!

+ spideyal on February 11th, 2010 at 11:17 am said:

Ah, I wanna watch this on my iPhone.
I’m at work so I don’t have a computer near me. Dammit.

Anyways. Looking forward for the trailer tonight!
(already got the ultimate edition preordered online tho)

+ x1234dante on February 11th, 2010 at 11:18 am said:

Awesome
God of War III is gonna pwn everything this year!!!

+ Lolsa1 on February 11th, 2010 at 11:23 am said:

I want

+ xaos on February 11th, 2010 at 11:23 am said:

Kratos AND Kevin Butler??? Thank goodness I can use LocationFree to set my Tivo to record :)

+ MARTINEZRJ on February 11th, 2010 at 11:28 am said:

Eu quero saber o seguinte, se SONY BRAZIL irá fazer o pre-order do game, outra cade a PSN BRAZIL??? “Ladies and Gentlemen” – wake up!!! Brazil wait for you – MUTHATCHU CAMPEROS!!!

+ andyelectronics on February 11th, 2010 at 11:29 am said:

This new God of War 3 game is hot… I got my reserved for free and will be ship the day after it releases. I know how everyone of you guy can receive a free copy of God of War 3. Just shot me an email. [DELETED] for more details

+ MadmanInvincible on February 11th, 2010 at 11:35 am said:

This is great, but what about Canada…EB Games?

You really need to start clarifying these things, this is the North American blog, not the American blog.

+ A_star23 on February 11th, 2010 at 11:44 am said:

Alright, its been asked several times before but IS THIS ALSO FOR CANADIAN GAMESTOP STORES AS WELL? You can’t leave us canadians out!

+ mattwantsmore522 on February 11th, 2010 at 11:44 am said:

Um hi Playstation Blog what time would the preview be in Pacific timezone (UTC-8) if it’s shown at 12:30 A.M

+ sam_i_jam on February 11th, 2010 at 11:47 am said:

@ 48: The 12:30 a.m. time-frame is about right for West Coast.

+ SyphonFilter- on February 11th, 2010 at 11:47 am said:

Looks nice,so since i had my pre-order already what date can i expect the posters to arrive at gamestop?

PAGE 1 2 3