Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Feb 11

Feb 11

New God of War III Pre-Order Bonus and Trailer

Anthony Caiazzo's Avatar Posted by Senior Product Marketing Manager, SCEA

Spartan Army! You are only a little over a month away from March 16th, the day Kratos brings Chaos to the PlayStation 3. Although the release is a little over a month away we still have some epic size announcements in store for you fans.

The much-anticipated God of War III trailer that Geoff Keighley can’t stop Tweeting about, hits tonight, 12.30am (Eastern and Pacific) on Spike TV. Here’s a quick preview:

We also have more exciting news to share for fans. Starting today, GameStop has announced that customers who pre-order God of War III in-store will receive an exclusive 17 x 24 poster signed by Andy Park, Concept Artist for God of War III. This premium is in addition to the previously announced exclusive Phantom of Chaos character skin. The poster is available at the time of pre-order, and quantities are limited. Already pre-ordered? Don’t worry; the offer will also apply to those that have previously pre-ordered God of War III in-store. Please note that the offer is not available online. For more information, or to find a store near you, log on to www.gamestop.com.

God of War III Gamestop poster

Until then, enjoy the trailer tonight, and let us know what you think!

Add Your Own

Grondinm said:

February 11th, 11:57 am

@47 actually they can…hopefully they wont tho

angelspawn77 said:

February 11th, 12:01 pm

sweet!!! gonna go pick up my poster in a bit, hopefully they actually have them unlike stupid 7-11 that I went to like 4 different ones and none of them even sold games anymore and on top of that 2 outta the 4 cashiers were a holes when i asked them. Gamestop tends to have they’re stuff in on time though, so im not too worried.

Velmonte said:

February 11th, 12:02 pm

I do not have Cable. Is there a possibility to watch it LIVE on Spike’s TV website?

dragonmagician said:

February 11th, 12:03 pm

@MadmanInvincible
The site is blog.US.playstation.com, so I’m not sure if it is a US blog vs a North American blog.

That being said, this blog is the closest thing we have to a PS blog that is relevant to us, even though we always get posts that sound amazing but are not available to us.

neggie said:

February 11th, 12:13 pm

yeah and gamestop are a bunch of little you know what… they said they are NOT givin out the posters until the game is released. they have them i know this as the manager showed me ive called 5 gamestops in my area in aurora.il naperville oswego montogmery il and none of them are givin it out. they are suppose to as early pre-order. and one manager told me…if you get here earlie you will get one so im assuming they wont have enough. call up you local and see what they say but that is what i was told ….poster is sweet looking in person

gamestopper09 said:

February 11th, 12:51 pm

Great job, sony, for showing us Splinter Cell: Conviction that will only release on the xbox 360.

aznkungfu said:

February 11th, 12:59 pm

is that the god of war 3 UE got cut off ?

Bris_Blade said:

February 11th, 1:06 pm

Video’s not working for some reason

mywhitenoise said:

February 11th, 1:06 pm

@56 gamestopper09

Oh shut up dude. Every gamer out there knows what games are exclusive to what console. What should have Sony done? Edited out Gametrailers.com own video so that it didn’t show the competitors game? Give me a break.

RurouniSaiya-jin said:

February 11th, 1:16 pm

Sweet. Good job thinking of us who already preordered! I’m looking forward to bringing that poster home with Ultimate Edition of God of War 3. It looks really good.

KazeEternal said:

February 11th, 1:17 pm

Question: Since I’ve already pre-ordered does that mean I need to go and pick it up now in order to avoid GameStop screwing me over like they normally do with this stuff? Or can I wait till release day or when ever it is damn well convenient for me to pick it up?

dagundam said:

February 11th, 1:18 pm

yea but… the trailer is only 90 SECONDS LONG

like REALLY???

alfian2 said:

February 11th, 1:20 pm

this game only get 9.0 from OPM UK :(

brianhite said:

February 11th, 2:16 pm

Awesome. Considering I ordered God of War III online from Gamestop last week. This sucks.

RaphaeI said:

February 11th, 2:36 pm

Not perfect but I’ll just leave it here…

angelspawn77 said:

February 11th, 2:44 pm

I just got my poster and its AWESOME!!! its much better when you actually have it and see it in all its poster glory. The picture shown here doesnt depict how awesome it is when you have it!

Doomer112290 said:

February 11th, 3:24 pm

Wow. I love the poster can’t wait to… OH YEAH I PRE-ORDERED ONLINE, I DON’T GET IT!

I avoid my Gamestop, whenever I pre-order in store, it turns to crap. so if I pre-order I pre-order from their site. I brought the ultimate edition with overnight shipping. I’m a huge God of War fan. I think Online Pre-order’s count.
I know its JUST a poster, but its the principle of the fact.

Oh well. Thanks for the screw over. Can’t wait for the game.

Doomer112290 said:

February 11th, 3:25 pm

Bought* not brought
Bad typo there.

Razorback said:

February 11th, 3:31 pm

Why not add the trailer to the PS Store tonight?

Lara-Croft said:

February 11th, 3:37 pm

It would be nice if this poster was also made available for those who pre-order the Ultimate addition either through Amazon or best Buy not just gamestop. I like many others tried to avoid Gamestop as much as possible.

eyesofreality03 said:

February 11th, 3:45 pm

ok so the new trailer airs tonight, will it be availabe on psn tonight as well? because some of the devoted followers of this game have to work when said trailer airs tonight.

super-cheeseman said:

February 11th, 3:48 pm

that is why i switch from xbox to ps3

juggalorider said:

February 11th, 4:02 pm

oh ya its friday 12:30 AM not thrsday, will by there time it should have played by now, but then i realized who ever made the vid is an idiot, will it starts at 9:30 here in washington tonight, but then agian i am on the pacific time zone, 3 hours before eastern

Kchow23 said:

February 11th, 4:51 pm

God of War PS3 Bundle please!

Kchow23 said:

February 11th, 4:52 pm

@56
Sony didn’t choose that… GTTV did, but it will probably come soon to PS3 if not we have enough great exclusives waiting already

SMACK64 said:

February 11th, 4:57 pm

How come the poster is not mentioned on the gamestop website?

headwing45 said:

February 11th, 5:09 pm

@63

Keep in mind that they gave God of war a 6 and God of war 2 an 8. There hard reviewers and this only tell me that God of war 3 is better then the first 2, which is all i care about.

HasHRuleZ said:

February 11th, 6:45 pm

sucks for me. jus pre-ordered it today, EB games said they dun even know abt this offer Called gamestop the rep didnt even know, i gave him the link, then he said it might not be available in CANADA!!!! i want that poster, grrrrr.

gamingfriek said:

February 11th, 7:10 pm

whats so great about god of war 3 ?? its just a regular “kill everything in sight game”

Emmad9 said:

February 11th, 7:32 pm

dose any one here have seen the trailer yet buddies?

ICcold said:

February 11th, 9:57 pm

i’m already watching the episode at 9:30pm >.> the trailer is up next, woo :D

ICcold said:

February 11th, 9:58 pm

and I live in California <.<

ICcold said:

February 11th, 10:02 pm

Holy…balls

Can’t wait :D trailer didn’t really spoil much…but the fights will be epic! :O

PantherX said:

February 11th, 10:07 pm

@77 Is God of War 3 even out yet? what game did they review? an early build?

wallywallas said:

February 11th, 10:09 pm

Well, I’m still thinking the trailer could’ve been a little longer or more cinematic, but what it lacked in those areas, it made up for in epicness.

Awesome new trailer!

gdogg666 said:

February 11th, 10:17 pm

sorry bout the cussin i kinda got taken away by the trailer keep up the work guys

DosxxTDCJ said:

February 11th, 10:32 pm

just saw the new trailer and WOW

mrmotosuwa68 said:

February 11th, 10:40 pm

I work at a large GS and we just got the posters this morning with no advance notice and no rules about when to give them out.As is the case alot of the time as of now we have more than we have pre orders but I’d suggest if you pre ordered it already check with your store to see if they are giving them out now as they probably will have more pre oders than posters by launch.The signature is part of the poster process and it’s 16×24.

FreonTheFrozen said:

February 11th, 11:24 pm

OMG!!! I just saw the trailer and I have been anointed by the Master Piece Santa Monica has created, The little you get seems like alot of greatness is in store for us on March 16, 2010!!! PlayStation keep doing your thang foreal!! Wow you haven’t seen it yet I feel sorry for you until you’ve watched it, trust me you will understand my words and why I feel this way towards you until you witness this, and I dare you say something otherwise, it will haunt you for the rest of your gaming life.

zod18 said:

February 11th, 11:39 pm

Where did you guys see it?

ICcold said:

February 11th, 11:55 pm

on tv but the trailer is up at the gametrailers website front page

Redd75 said:

February 12th, 7:26 am

PSBlog- Why do I have the sinking feeling that even though I pre-ordered the Ultimate Edition I’m going to be missing out on this poster offer? Please feel free at any time to tell me that I’m wrong. Call me crazy, but when someone decides to drop $100 on a video game (an ‘ultimate’ edition at that), that person should get EVERY SINGLE pre-order bonus that the publisher or developer decides to give out.
Also, I’ve been wondering, what’s the best/quickest way to send in tips and suggestions on improving PSN? Comments on this blog, or some other way? Thank you for your time.

KING_0F_NY_BX said:

February 12th, 7:40 am

That’s good to hear, hopefully they add more stuff to the ultimate edition, even though I’m glad with what I’m getting so far

jj_spaceman said:

February 12th, 1:22 pm

I really wish companies wouldn’t deal so closely with Gamestop. They’re a horrible retailer that will never get my business.

Redd75 said:

February 12th, 4:25 pm

Well people, turns out that sinking feeling I had in #92 was correct. According to my local Gamestop, this is for IN-STORE pre-orders only. I guess those of us who got our orders in early from home are being left out in the cold on this one. The early bird gets the worm? Yeah, right.

je29836 said:

February 13th, 12:28 pm

dude kratos looks like he’s constipated in that poster. that or he just watched someone bang his mother

ThomasAguanis said:

February 13th, 1:36 pm

I just called 2 Gamestops near me. One said the poster is available now, so if you pre-ordered it, you can go and pick it up whenever. The other, (which happens to be where I pre-ordered mine from) said you get the poster at the time of pickup, when the game is released. It seems like Gamestop doesn’t know what to do, or wasn’t informed what to do across the board by Sony.

ICcold said:

February 13th, 8:24 pm

Went to my gamestop that I preordered and got the same info about getting it at the time of pick up. All gamestops were just given the posters, they weren’t told exactly what to do with it.

They also told me that if I pre ordered another game then they could give the poster to me…which was BS because I could of just canceled my pre order and got my money back and pre ordered the game again just to get the poster and even then I don’t know if i was guaranteed to get it then or be forced to pick it up at the time of the games release.

gmrpirate said:

February 14th, 1:39 am

My local Gamestop is amazing. This must be the exception or something because I’m surprised at the number of haters posting.

Anyway, I went into my Gamestop today to pre-order the S.E. of GoW 3. The SKU was removed from their system and so I had to pre-order the game. What’s up with that? I don’t understand why the poster pre-order bonus would be announced and then within days, I’m not able to pre-order.

Wipeoutt31 said:

February 14th, 9:49 am

Ultimate Edition – where did the pre-ordering go?