PS4-The Order

New God of War III Pre-Order Bonus and Trailer

Anthony Caiazzo's Avatar + Posted by Anthony Caiazzo on Feb 11, 2010 // Senior Product Marketing Manager, SCEA

Spartan Army! You are only a little over a month away from March 16th, the day Kratos brings Chaos to the PlayStation 3. Although the release is a little over a month away we still have some epic size announcements in store for you fans.

The much-anticipated God of War III trailer that Geoff Keighley can’t stop Tweeting about, hits tonight, 12.30am (Eastern and Pacific) on Spike TV. Here’s a quick preview:

We also have more exciting news to share for fans. Starting today, GameStop has announced that customers who pre-order God of War III in-store will receive an exclusive 17 x 24 poster signed by Andy Park, Concept Artist for God of War III. This premium is in addition to the previously announced exclusive Phantom of Chaos character skin. The poster is available at the time of pre-order, and quantities are limited. Already pre-ordered? Don’t worry; the offer will also apply to those that have previously pre-ordered God of War III in-store. Please note that the offer is not available online. For more information, or to find a store near you, log on to www.gamestop.com.

God of War III Gamestop poster

Until then, enjoy the trailer tonight, and let us know what you think!

105 Comments

+ Grondinm on February 11th, 2010 at 11:57 am said:

@47 actually they can…hopefully they wont tho

+ angelspawn77 on February 11th, 2010 at 12:01 pm said:

sweet!!! gonna go pick up my poster in a bit, hopefully they actually have them unlike stupid 7-11 that I went to like 4 different ones and none of them even sold games anymore and on top of that 2 outta the 4 cashiers were a holes when i asked them. Gamestop tends to have they’re stuff in on time though, so im not too worried.

+ Velmonte on February 11th, 2010 at 12:02 pm said:

I do not have Cable. Is there a possibility to watch it LIVE on Spike’s TV website?

+ dragonmagician on February 11th, 2010 at 12:03 pm said:

@MadmanInvincible
The site is blog.US.playstation.com, so I’m not sure if it is a US blog vs a North American blog.

That being said, this blog is the closest thing we have to a PS blog that is relevant to us, even though we always get posts that sound amazing but are not available to us.

+ neggie on February 11th, 2010 at 12:13 pm said:

yeah and gamestop are a bunch of little you know what… they said they are NOT givin out the posters until the game is released. they have them i know this as the manager showed me ive called 5 gamestops in my area in aurora.il naperville oswego montogmery il and none of them are givin it out. they are suppose to as early pre-order. and one manager told me…if you get here earlie you will get one so im assuming they wont have enough. call up you local and see what they say but that is what i was told ….poster is sweet looking in person

+ gamestopper09 on February 11th, 2010 at 12:51 pm said:

Great job, sony, for showing us Splinter Cell: Conviction that will only release on the xbox 360.

+ aznkungfu on February 11th, 2010 at 12:59 pm said:

is that the god of war 3 UE got cut off ?

+ Bris_Blade on February 11th, 2010 at 1:06 pm said:

Video’s not working for some reason

+ mywhitenoise on February 11th, 2010 at 1:06 pm said:

@56 gamestopper09

Oh shut up dude. Every gamer out there knows what games are exclusive to what console. What should have Sony done? Edited out Gametrailers.com own video so that it didn’t show the competitors game? Give me a break.

+ RurouniSaiya-jin on February 11th, 2010 at 1:16 pm said:

Sweet. Good job thinking of us who already preordered! I’m looking forward to bringing that poster home with Ultimate Edition of God of War 3. It looks really good.

+ KazeEternal on February 11th, 2010 at 1:17 pm said:

Question: Since I’ve already pre-ordered does that mean I need to go and pick it up now in order to avoid GameStop screwing me over like they normally do with this stuff? Or can I wait till release day or when ever it is damn well convenient for me to pick it up?

+ dagundam on February 11th, 2010 at 1:18 pm said:

yea but… the trailer is only 90 SECONDS LONG

like REALLY???

+ alfian2 on February 11th, 2010 at 1:20 pm said:

this game only get 9.0 from OPM UK :(

+ brianhite on February 11th, 2010 at 2:16 pm said:

Awesome. Considering I ordered God of War III online from Gamestop last week. This sucks.

+ RaphaeI on February 11th, 2010 at 2:36 pm said:

Not perfect but I’ll just leave it here…

+ angelspawn77 on February 11th, 2010 at 2:44 pm said:

I just got my poster and its AWESOME!!! its much better when you actually have it and see it in all its poster glory. The picture shown here doesnt depict how awesome it is when you have it!

+ Doomer112290 on February 11th, 2010 at 3:24 pm said:

Wow. I love the poster can’t wait to… OH YEAH I PRE-ORDERED ONLINE, I DON’T GET IT!

I avoid my Gamestop, whenever I pre-order in store, it turns to crap. so if I pre-order I pre-order from their site. I brought the ultimate edition with overnight shipping. I’m a huge God of War fan. I think Online Pre-order’s count.
I know its JUST a poster, but its the principle of the fact.

Oh well. Thanks for the screw over. Can’t wait for the game.

+ Doomer112290 on February 11th, 2010 at 3:25 pm said:

Bought* not brought
Bad typo there.

+ Razorback on February 11th, 2010 at 3:31 pm said:

Why not add the trailer to the PS Store tonight?

+ Lara-Croft on February 11th, 2010 at 3:37 pm said:

It would be nice if this poster was also made available for those who pre-order the Ultimate addition either through Amazon or best Buy not just gamestop. I like many others tried to avoid Gamestop as much as possible.

+ eyesofreality03 on February 11th, 2010 at 3:45 pm said:

ok so the new trailer airs tonight, will it be availabe on psn tonight as well? because some of the devoted followers of this game have to work when said trailer airs tonight.

+ super-cheeseman on February 11th, 2010 at 3:48 pm said:

that is why i switch from xbox to ps3

+ juggalorider on February 11th, 2010 at 4:02 pm said:

oh ya its friday 12:30 AM not thrsday, will by there time it should have played by now, but then i realized who ever made the vid is an idiot, will it starts at 9:30 here in washington tonight, but then agian i am on the pacific time zone, 3 hours before eastern

+ Kchow23 on February 11th, 2010 at 4:51 pm said:

God of War PS3 Bundle please!

+ Kchow23 on February 11th, 2010 at 4:52 pm said:

@56
Sony didn’t choose that… GTTV did, but it will probably come soon to PS3 if not we have enough great exclusives waiting already

+ SMACK64 on February 11th, 2010 at 4:57 pm said:

How come the poster is not mentioned on the gamestop website?

+ headwing45 on February 11th, 2010 at 5:09 pm said:

@63

Keep in mind that they gave God of war a 6 and God of war 2 an 8. There hard reviewers and this only tell me that God of war 3 is better then the first 2, which is all i care about.

+ HasHRuleZ on February 11th, 2010 at 6:45 pm said:

sucks for me. jus pre-ordered it today, EB games said they dun even know abt this offer Called gamestop the rep didnt even know, i gave him the link, then he said it might not be available in CANADA!!!! i want that poster, grrrrr.

+ gamingfriek on February 11th, 2010 at 7:10 pm said:

whats so great about god of war 3 ?? its just a regular “kill everything in sight game”

+ Emmad9 on February 11th, 2010 at 7:32 pm said:

dose any one here have seen the trailer yet buddies?

+ ICcold on February 11th, 2010 at 9:57 pm said:

i’m already watching the episode at 9:30pm >.> the trailer is up next, woo :D

+ ICcold on February 11th, 2010 at 9:58 pm said:

and I live in California <.<

+ ICcold on February 11th, 2010 at 10:02 pm said:

Holy…balls

Can’t wait :D trailer didn’t really spoil much…but the fights will be epic! :O

+ PantherX on February 11th, 2010 at 10:07 pm said:

@77 Is God of War 3 even out yet? what game did they review? an early build?

+ wallywallas on February 11th, 2010 at 10:09 pm said:

Well, I’m still thinking the trailer could’ve been a little longer or more cinematic, but what it lacked in those areas, it made up for in epicness.

Awesome new trailer!

+ gdogg666 on February 11th, 2010 at 10:17 pm said:

sorry bout the cussin i kinda got taken away by the trailer keep up the work guys

+ DosxxTDCJ on February 11th, 2010 at 10:32 pm said:

just saw the new trailer and WOW

+ mrmotosuwa68 on February 11th, 2010 at 10:40 pm said:

I work at a large GS and we just got the posters this morning with no advance notice and no rules about when to give them out.As is the case alot of the time as of now we have more than we have pre orders but I’d suggest if you pre ordered it already check with your store to see if they are giving them out now as they probably will have more pre oders than posters by launch.The signature is part of the poster process and it’s 16×24.

+ FreonTheFrozen on February 11th, 2010 at 11:24 pm said:

OMG!!! I just saw the trailer and I have been anointed by the Master Piece Santa Monica has created, The little you get seems like alot of greatness is in store for us on March 16, 2010!!! PlayStation keep doing your thang foreal!! Wow you haven’t seen it yet I feel sorry for you until you’ve watched it, trust me you will understand my words and why I feel this way towards you until you witness this, and I dare you say something otherwise, it will haunt you for the rest of your gaming life.

+ zod18 on February 11th, 2010 at 11:39 pm said:

Where did you guys see it?

+ ICcold on February 11th, 2010 at 11:55 pm said:

on tv but the trailer is up at the gametrailers website front page

+ Redd75 on February 12th, 2010 at 7:26 am said:

PSBlog- Why do I have the sinking feeling that even though I pre-ordered the Ultimate Edition I’m going to be missing out on this poster offer? Please feel free at any time to tell me that I’m wrong. Call me crazy, but when someone decides to drop $100 on a video game (an ‘ultimate’ edition at that), that person should get EVERY SINGLE pre-order bonus that the publisher or developer decides to give out.
Also, I’ve been wondering, what’s the best/quickest way to send in tips and suggestions on improving PSN? Comments on this blog, or some other way? Thank you for your time.

+ KING_0F_NY_BX on February 12th, 2010 at 7:40 am said:

That’s good to hear, hopefully they add more stuff to the ultimate edition, even though I’m glad with what I’m getting so far

+ jj_spaceman on February 12th, 2010 at 1:22 pm said:

I really wish companies wouldn’t deal so closely with Gamestop. They’re a horrible retailer that will never get my business.

+ Redd75 on February 12th, 2010 at 4:25 pm said:

Well people, turns out that sinking feeling I had in #92 was correct. According to my local Gamestop, this is for IN-STORE pre-orders only. I guess those of us who got our orders in early from home are being left out in the cold on this one. The early bird gets the worm? Yeah, right.

+ je29836 on February 13th, 2010 at 12:28 pm said:

dude kratos looks like he’s constipated in that poster. that or he just watched someone bang his mother

+ ThomasAguanis on February 13th, 2010 at 1:36 pm said:

I just called 2 Gamestops near me. One said the poster is available now, so if you pre-ordered it, you can go and pick it up whenever. The other, (which happens to be where I pre-ordered mine from) said you get the poster at the time of pickup, when the game is released. It seems like Gamestop doesn’t know what to do, or wasn’t informed what to do across the board by Sony.

+ ICcold on February 13th, 2010 at 8:24 pm said:

Went to my gamestop that I preordered and got the same info about getting it at the time of pick up. All gamestops were just given the posters, they weren’t told exactly what to do with it.

They also told me that if I pre ordered another game then they could give the poster to me…which was BS because I could of just canceled my pre order and got my money back and pre ordered the game again just to get the poster and even then I don’t know if i was guaranteed to get it then or be forced to pick it up at the time of the games release.

+ gmrpirate on February 14th, 2010 at 1:39 am said:

My local Gamestop is amazing. This must be the exception or something because I’m surprised at the number of haters posting.

Anyway, I went into my Gamestop today to pre-order the S.E. of GoW 3. The SKU was removed from their system and so I had to pre-order the game. What’s up with that? I don’t understand why the poster pre-order bonus would be announced and then within days, I’m not able to pre-order.

+ Wipeoutt31 on February 14th, 2010 at 9:49 am said:

Ultimate Edition – where did the pre-ordering go?