PS4-Watch_Dogs

God of War III Vengeance Trailer

Stig Asmussen's Avatar + Posted by Stig Asmussen on Feb 12, 2010 // Game Director, God of War III

Just wanted to tell everyone how excited we are at SCEA Santa Monica Studio to release this new trailer for God of War III. Considering it has been almost a year since we have put out a new video, this is a really special time for us and we hope everyone enjoys it!

Just to give a little perspective on what we were going for with this trailer, we really wanted to sell the high action of the game and put together snippets of several of the big moments. Everything is pulled straight from the game – there is no trickery, etc. Everything is running in “real time.” There are no “cinematic” sequences here, meaning this is all gameplay.

Towards the end of the trailer we reveal some of the moments from our January media event. If you look closely you can see Kratos on the arm of Gaia fighting against the “Leviathan” water creature, giving a sneak peek of the scale in our game. I am very proud of the work our team has done and how this trailer showcases it. The final game has a ton more that is not shown here and I can’t wait to see what everyone thinks about it!

+ LilSciz on February 12th, 2010 at 3:25 am said:

Can anyone confirm at around :56 seconds that is Kratos fighting with Zeus? We have fought him before and he is usually symbolized by the white hair. I just hope that’s a little tiny piece of an epic battle against him.

+ WeTeHa on February 12th, 2010 at 3:32 am said:

what the hell @ 0:56

kratos tries to smash zeus in the wall but ends up in the wall himself

that was a fast turn zeus did there o.o

awesome trailer, already preordered my copy :D

+ Buds4Jax15 on February 12th, 2010 at 3:34 am said:

I can not wait to play more of this game i have play the demo probably 50 times. I feel so bad ass when i play this game all i can do is growl every time i rip some one in half it is the best. The LEVIATHAN is crazy!!. The water flowing through his face all i can say about this game is AMAZING!!!!

+ EspadaKiller on February 12th, 2010 at 3:44 am said:

Really epic and amazing! I am totally loss for words lol

+ Capt-Fury- on February 12th, 2010 at 3:46 am said:

the first trailer was better and more epic…

and please no Kevin Butler commercial for GOW, those things are perfect for selling the PS brand but not the games.

+ that-acmilan-guy on February 12th, 2010 at 3:53 am said:

Guys really think the trailer was that good? It was meh to me. I like the e3 09 trailer better.

+ igorsport09 on February 12th, 2010 at 3:57 am said:

GOTY10

In the game,there will be portuguese in the american version?

+ Dark_Vincent on February 12th, 2010 at 3:58 am said:

All gameplay? Wow wtf, I watched it all thinking “bleh this is probably full cinematic”. Impressive… I’m not even a GoW fan, I guess with GoW Collection out there, there is always time to become one.

+ Demonized on February 12th, 2010 at 4:05 am said:

Words cannot express my feelings on this game.

Roll on March 19th!

+ Seiven on February 12th, 2010 at 4:09 am said:

Holy Crap that looks great…I already paid off my Ultimate edition and I can’t wait to play it. Thanks Santa Monica for taking your time and not rushing out a piece of crap…this looks to be more top notch quality gaming exclusive to the PS3.

+ Mam0gamik0s-82 on February 12th, 2010 at 4:18 am said:

It only doses Rage hahahah
Sony Santa Monica you rock!

+ remanutd5 on February 12th, 2010 at 4:21 am said:

EPIC!!!!!!!!!!! i think i have seen it like 10 times already , this trailers needs to be on the psn asap , you guys should make Heavenly Sword 2 !!!

+ Ma1nframe on February 12th, 2010 at 4:33 am said:

There is no emoticon for what I am feeling right now

+ xerthes on February 12th, 2010 at 4:39 am said:

no word

+ Rude_Sparthan on February 12th, 2010 at 4:40 am said:

..I’m totally freaking out……. trailer in loop for the next 30 days or I’m going mad… SONY PUT THIS ON PSSSSN..!!!!!!! I need that….. STIG OUTSTANDING AND OUT OF ANY RANGE..!!

+ TailsTheCat on February 12th, 2010 at 4:43 am said:

You young fools are inpressed by this? Raise your standards. There is zero innovation here. I cant wait until this played out franchise is over.

+ Lasher_S2_AyA on February 12th, 2010 at 4:45 am said:

Honestly? It’s difficult not to believe that this game will be the best of all times…

This trailer show epic scenes for the world of games…

Great Work Sony/Santa Monica!

+ zod18 on February 12th, 2010 at 4:53 am said:

This is so awesome that the only word to describe it is epic, for me this will be the best game of all time until now, and it’s only one month away :D

I hope that we will be able to download this trailer in 1080p next week :>

+ Ma1nframe on February 12th, 2010 at 4:54 am said:

GAME OF THE YEAR 2010

+ MastaMold on February 12th, 2010 at 4:58 am said:

Just WOW!!!

+ logontokartik on February 12th, 2010 at 4:58 am said:

What a trailer. Its a masterpiece. Desperately waiting for this one to get released…..

+ RurouniSaiya-jin on February 12th, 2010 at 4:58 am said:

*Gasp* Awesome sauce!

+ sikbta on February 12th, 2010 at 5:06 am said:

OMGOW This is Just EPIC, more advertising and GOW3 Sales will skyrocket So Damn Fast like Every GT Game

+ coppi6976 on February 12th, 2010 at 5:20 am said:

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT CANT COME SOON ENOUGH!!!!!!!

+ HaLe_2_NaTHaN on February 12th, 2010 at 5:24 am said:

Beautiful! Absolutely Beautiful! Thats all i can say.

+ KARAMO on February 12th, 2010 at 5:28 am said:

my liky

+ maddymad on February 12th, 2010 at 5:34 am said:

Hi guys, the video is available for download in full HD 1080p at

Select USA as country.

Cheers!

+ Ping_506 on February 12th, 2010 at 5:52 am said:

Should have been on PSN. Bought the collection because of these even after playing them on PS2.

+ Gunwing on February 12th, 2010 at 5:53 am said:

And after all the complaints from E3 from PS3 fans about the textures and the lack of model detail……….. This Trailer I just watched in HD. OMG! It has motion blur just like Uncharted 2! It has smoothing just like Uncharted 2! And the Texture work has been vastly improved from last time, I also noted more color in the game world!

Major props to the developers for making good on their promise to fix up the visuals, and keep the FPS rates solid! Day one buy for me! In fact I get payed the 22nd this month I know what I’m buying with that money!

+ k4shmoney623 on February 12th, 2010 at 5:54 am said:

Oh my God!!! That was frikin AMAZING! My eyes just got watery just looking at it. Great job Stig & SCEA Santa Monica!

+ xiked on February 12th, 2010 at 5:56 am said:

Here people! 1080P version of the trailer: http://fp.godofwar.com/Index/groups/public/documents/webasset/g3_vengence2.mp4

Transfer this to the PS3 it is mp4 format! Enjoy!

+ wanethemane93 on February 12th, 2010 at 5:59 am said:

Ohhhhhh my god!!!! Own the first two games, and bought the collection a while back to play the first two amazing games in stunning HD! But nothing can prepare you for the epic. This is why I love Sony and especially Santa Monica and all the other first party development teams. Cause they pull freakin’ amazing games like this! I can’t believe what I have just seen in this trailer. Only on the PS3 man. As a long time fan of Sony and of the games. THANK YOU FOR DELIVERING THESE AMAZING EXPERIENCES!!! Can’t wait for March 16th. Chaos will Rise!!!! Wayne Holmes-New Orleans, Louisiana

+ Zylence on February 12th, 2010 at 6:00 am said:

I was hoping to catch a glimpse of him fighting a Titan. You big teasers. lol ( or did I miss it? there’s plenty going in all of that 90 seconds of sweetness. Pity if i did…guess I’ll just have to watch it all over again. lol )

+ Fluidshine on February 12th, 2010 at 6:03 am said:

God of War is the pure meaning of the word EPIC. Can NOT wait for this game!

+ Frejim on February 12th, 2010 at 6:06 am said:

MEGAOMG!!!!

Cant wait anymore!!!

Thanks God I for the preorders!!!!! ;-D

+ mando748 on February 12th, 2010 at 6:07 am said:

wow this game is the bomb, sony u have to put this at psn so we can see this trailer in hd i cant wait!!!

+ DieUnbeliever on February 12th, 2010 at 6:14 am said:

AHHHHHHHHHHHH EPIIIIIIIIIIICCCC! Save me, please! RELEASE THE GAME NOW!

+ DieUnbeliever on February 12th, 2010 at 6:16 am said:

“DEATH is my calling” WOOOOOOOOOT

+ Tarheel_Mark on February 12th, 2010 at 6:17 am said:

It only does vengeance
It only does rage

Nice!

+ Gunwing on February 12th, 2010 at 6:17 am said:

Now we just need Sony to run TV adds not just at night but also during the day for thier big games….

I mean the only times the stations I watch run PS3 adds is at late night TV (7:00PM or later) So if Sony is looking to expand into the kid markets they need to advertise their products in prime time TV! IE middle of the day, and early morning TV before school! Your sales will go though the roof!

+ legalize on February 12th, 2010 at 6:17 am said:

OMFG!!! is all i can say..

I laughed when David Jaffe said it looks like a painting but today i have learned something im pretty sure Mister Jaffe is laughing now to all the naysayers… now im living under a rock!

+ GK3033 on February 12th, 2010 at 6:20 am said:

Look awesome!!
But I prepared my bucks for HR before this. LoL

+ ED_DJANGO on February 12th, 2010 at 6:20 am said:

OO Men… Inpressive *_____*

+ Zinacef on February 12th, 2010 at 6:22 am said:

All I can say is “wowza”! I’m going to have to start prepping for those boss fight mini-games by doing my finger exercises from now.

+ FlashJoker on February 12th, 2010 at 6:38 am said:

This trailer sucks…If by “suck” I mean the greatest trailer EVER.

+ rayenough on February 12th, 2010 at 6:42 am said:

this is going to be the best ps3 game of all time, wait a min, the best console game of all time !!!

+ Taa-Riq on February 12th, 2010 at 6:46 am said:

I really cant wait to see all the action and play this game!

+ dayeight on February 12th, 2010 at 6:48 am said:

just want to time stamp this

+ Platinum_Parker on February 12th, 2010 at 6:56 am said:

That was the single most awesome piece of work to what is going to be the best game this year, if not decade!

+ ED_DJANGO on February 12th, 2010 at 7:01 am said: