Minecraft PS4

God of War III Vengeance Trailer

Stig Asmussen's Avatar + Posted by Stig Asmussen on Feb 12, 2010 // Game Director, God of War III

Just wanted to tell everyone how excited we are at SCEA Santa Monica Studio to release this new trailer for God of War III. Considering it has been almost a year since we have put out a new video, this is a really special time for us and we hope everyone enjoys it!

Just to give a little perspective on what we were going for with this trailer, we really wanted to sell the high action of the game and put together snippets of several of the big moments. Everything is pulled straight from the game – there is no trickery, etc. Everything is running in “real time.” There are no “cinematic” sequences here, meaning this is all gameplay.

Towards the end of the trailer we reveal some of the moments from our January media event. If you look closely you can see Kratos on the arm of Gaia fighting against the “Leviathan” water creature, giving a sneak peek of the scale in our game. I am very proud of the work our team has done and how this trailer showcases it. The final game has a ton more that is not shown here and I can’t wait to see what everyone thinks about it!

+ Link01 on February 12th, 2010 at 7:02 am said:

I want to see more… hell release the game already XD

+ dragonmagician on February 12th, 2010 at 7:03 am said:

I was hoping for more continuous gameplay video.

+ kosluftar on February 12th, 2010 at 7:04 am said:

When will this be on PSN so I can watch it on my 50” TV?

+ Bethanator5000 on February 12th, 2010 at 7:04 am said:

Oh that’s awesome.
I’M SO EXCITED.

+ VassagoOo on February 12th, 2010 at 7:07 am said:

Amazing, just amazing this game look more beautiful then uncharted, just a question: i want to know for the poster if i preorder the collector edition if i will still have it ?
Can’t wait to play keep up the amazing work Sony will rule the gaming world again !!!!!!!!!!!!

+ evilpizzacandy on February 12th, 2010 at 7:14 am said:

wait…this is the “chaos will rise” trailer…already shown on gametrailers…where did the vengeance title come from?

+ NewYork214 on February 12th, 2010 at 7:19 am said:

Cant wait. GoW been my favorite series since i first played the demo of GoW 1. the hydra fight was crazy.

+ x1234dante on February 12th, 2010 at 7:22 am said:

SONY SANTA MONICA I applaud you!!!
*claps* *claps* *claps*

+ BADDOG-9 on February 12th, 2010 at 7:25 am said:

OMG cant wait for it –___– i want thae game now

+ aagyema on February 12th, 2010 at 7:35 am said:

OOMMGGG,,y is sony teas’n us with this crazy trailer…maannnn,,cant wait for dis to be out…already feels da epicness in dis game in ma hands…woow..

+ YungShep on February 12th, 2010 at 7:35 am said:

woooo, that fight with the leviathan and Gaia and Kratos…..breathtaking. im really excited for this game as everyone is. but you guys at santa monica studios really turned up the scale of gameplay, that was truly epic. watch from 1:04 on and you will know the epicness i cant believe that was all gameplay!

+ KING_0F_NY_BX on February 12th, 2010 at 7:35 am said:

Amazing!!!!!

+ Sindred on February 12th, 2010 at 7:46 am said:

Look as amazing as I expected. Stayed up last night to watch it and MLB.

Any word on when we’ll hear about the winners for the Video contest.

+ IrishPete333 on February 12th, 2010 at 7:53 am said:

This is the most anticipated game of my life! You guys at Sony Santa Monica always set the bar, I think you might have set it a little too high with this game! Keep up the great work.

+ sck20crx on February 12th, 2010 at 8:04 am said:

……………………….I can’t wait..I love everyone at Sony Santa Monica

+ Rayziel on February 12th, 2010 at 8:05 am said:

Looks great.
***Question:
I try to preorder the Ultimate Edition, and the employee at gamestop told me that is not available anymore.
I really want that edition on day one, is there any way??:(

+ DigitalHero on February 12th, 2010 at 8:07 am said:

This trailer is beyond awesome. Congratulations Santa Monica. Keep the quality coming and my money will follow EVERY time.

I have my Ultimate Edition preordered!

+ JOEKILLA on February 12th, 2010 at 8:10 am said:

Add it to the PSN store

+ VincentVendetta on February 12th, 2010 at 8:23 am said:

…Holy [DELETED].

+ RavageHeitaro on February 12th, 2010 at 8:44 am said:

Hell YEAH! :D

+ rossy4591 on February 12th, 2010 at 8:45 am said:

So Ken when you say it will be available on PSN soon do you mean at some point today or next week?

+ kyle_angell on February 12th, 2010 at 9:02 am said:

Thats sick cant wait tell it comes out i got to get it sweet trailer

+ Dragonzblaze on February 12th, 2010 at 9:05 am said:

omfg epic trailer cant wait for march to play this legendary game omg *faints*

+ Glacier928 on February 12th, 2010 at 9:07 am said:

Is March 16th here yet?! Holy crap this game will easily be 2010′s GOTY!!!!!

+ sam_i_jam on February 12th, 2010 at 9:13 am said:

Stig, you’re blowing my mind right now. Give a big hug to your team at Santa Monica. This thing is looking and moving gorgeous.

+ aznkungfu on February 12th, 2010 at 9:19 am said:

this trailer so cool…i cant wait to play it
i heard that GoW3 UE got cut off ????? is that true ? ????

+ KILLZONE79 on February 12th, 2010 at 9:21 am said:

will GOD3 have online multiplayer?

+ cronqvist on February 12th, 2010 at 9:21 am said:

Saw the trailer last night. If the last scene doesn’t define EPIC, I don’t know what does. ( *-*)

+ XIIIWARRIOR on February 12th, 2010 at 9:33 am said:

I’m trying to go to the website but it’s not allowing me, what gives? Oh yeah…Unfreeakinreal trailer!

+ JakeRuiner on February 12th, 2010 at 9:51 am said:

lol at the end where it usually says games, movies, everything etc. is said rage, vengence, everything! i’m getting this for sure. the action is too good to miss out on.

+ je29836 on February 12th, 2010 at 9:58 am said:

the best part was kratos bashing the snot out of some [DELETED] with the cestus you could see all the blood and guts splattering

+ Kai200X on February 12th, 2010 at 10:07 am said:

I want to thank Mr. Stig Asmussen and the whole God of War III team from Santa Monica Studio. This is what I’ve been waiting for all those years and you guys did a fantastic job and I just can’t wait to play more God of War III come March! I can’t wait!

+ zombie_56 on February 12th, 2010 at 10:10 am said:

looks good but when i start a new game can i keep my upgraded magic and weapons??

+ Darth_Taker on February 12th, 2010 at 10:20 am said:

all i want to say is wow stig, my mind still cant get over the fact thats all in game play no cgi!!! what we just saw we can play that wow game of the year!!!and one more thing, is there going to be another trailer and when?

+ kori08 on February 12th, 2010 at 10:25 am said:

OMG! It releases on my gf’s birthday…!?
You’re right… in the end… there will ONLY be chaos…

Heh, great trailer btw =)

+ Lolsa1 on February 12th, 2010 at 10:28 am said:

I need to start saving up for this game NOW!!!

+ ZAANOS on February 12th, 2010 at 10:30 am said:

The God of War series has always had amazing scenes with massive environment scales.

Fighting a giant monster while on a gigantic climbing monster is BRUTAL!!!!!!

IT ONLY DOES COMBAT ON A MASSIVE SCALE.

+ Subzero316 on February 12th, 2010 at 10:36 am said:

what a awesome new trailer this is gonna be the best god of war yet, march 16th cant get here fast enough.

+ Berae on February 12th, 2010 at 10:47 am said:

It looks amazing! In 1 week Heavy rain and then this! cant wait!

+ Myke-Myke on February 12th, 2010 at 10:56 am said:

WOW!!! My mouth dropped after the video.

Please show this on tv!!!!

+ CheeZhead4Lief on February 12th, 2010 at 10:57 am said:

Looks freakn awsome!!!! But I don’t Have the money for the collection OR District 9 OR to pre order God of War 3. Any chance it will be a free demo at the PSN Store?

+ jfvalba on February 12th, 2010 at 10:59 am said:

so why didn’t sony put this on the super bowl?

+ angelspawn77 on February 12th, 2010 at 11:28 am said:

i was left speechless when i saw this last night, I must have seen it almost ten times now! I cant wait!!!

+ B-RadGfromOV on February 12th, 2010 at 11:55 am said:

It only does

-Vengeance
-Rage
-Everything

Check. THAT’S EVERYTHING FOLKS, we’re done here.

+ Afri-Killer on February 12th, 2010 at 12:02 pm said:

This trailer is awesome thank you so much stig for putting so much into this game and say hi to the team who have made this possible

+ Airwalkinman17 on February 12th, 2010 at 12:14 pm said:

Damn. Holy Damn. I can’t believe what I just saw…. Truly, this game has some of the most unbelievable graphics I have ever seen. Simply beautiful and stunning. Thanks Stig, and Sony Santa Monica.

+ boubalabatoubei on February 12th, 2010 at 12:22 pm said:

OMG THIS GAME LOOKS AWESOME!!!!!!!! it only took me 2 days to be the first one and a week for the second one lets hope this one takes longer lol

+ Velmonte on February 12th, 2010 at 12:28 pm said:

I can’t wait to see this year’s VGA 10 GOTY nominees!

PS3

It
Only
Does
• Vengeance
• Jaw Dropping
• Chaos
• Rage
• Wrath
• Fury
Everything

+ cjmc18 on February 12th, 2010 at 12:38 pm said:

KRATOS!!KRATOS!!KRATOS!!KRATOS!!KRATOS!!KRATOS!!KRATOS!!

+ FireDragonGod on February 12th, 2010 at 12:40 pm said:

I Very Had A Boner This Good EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOD OF WAR FOR LYFE