PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

God of War III Vengeance Trailer

Stig Asmussen's Avatar + Posted by Stig Asmussen on Feb 12, 2010 // Game Director, God of War III

Just wanted to tell everyone how excited we are at SCEA Santa Monica Studio to release this new trailer for God of War III. Considering it has been almost a year since we have put out a new video, this is a really special time for us and we hope everyone enjoys it!

Just to give a little perspective on what we were going for with this trailer, we really wanted to sell the high action of the game and put together snippets of several of the big moments. Everything is pulled straight from the game – there is no trickery, etc. Everything is running in “real time.” There are no “cinematic” sequences here, meaning this is all gameplay.

Towards the end of the trailer we reveal some of the moments from our January media event. If you look closely you can see Kratos on the arm of Gaia fighting against the “Leviathan” water creature, giving a sneak peek of the scale in our game. I am very proud of the work our team has done and how this trailer showcases it. The final game has a ton more that is not shown here and I can’t wait to see what everyone thinks about it!

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ Kreamz28 on February 12th, 2010 at 12:43 pm said:

This has to be on the PSN store in full 1080p NEXT WEEK. I was blown away by the trailer and the graphics, I want a demo or some raw gameplay, I JUST WANT MORE!

+ guy209 on February 12th, 2010 at 1:13 pm said:

This game looks amazing. My only worry is that this wont become a button smashing fest like gow 1 and 2. It didnt happen all the time but it happened

+ Zasten on February 12th, 2010 at 2:06 pm said:

Stig you are incredible and so is your crew thank them and thank the power of the ps3 for making this possible
And remember chaos will raise again on March 19th in Europe

+ eyesofreality03 on February 12th, 2010 at 2:51 pm said:

the power…..the passion…..what a way to end this chapter in the series!

+ Zweihander on February 12th, 2010 at 2:58 pm said:

It does Vengeance
It does Rage
It does Everything

I lol’d hard, gg

+ ADR143 on February 12th, 2010 at 3:28 pm said:

daym!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Julioakapaco1 on February 12th, 2010 at 4:42 pm said:

Very nice I already reserved the game cant wait this looks awsome!!!!

+ BigJino on February 12th, 2010 at 6:05 pm said:

Has anyone else had a problem logging in on godofwar.com? Every time I try to log in it says done and the box remains white and I can’t log in. Otherwise, Gow of War 3 will be the greatest PS3 release ever!

+ crowsticky1234 on February 12th, 2010 at 7:14 pm said:

In December 2010,

VGA announces the third installment of the God of War franchise, God of War 3 as the “Game of the Year” and “Best PS3 Graphics” and “Best Action Game”.

Don’t believe my prediction but this totally have the smooth graphics just like we have experienced in last year’s Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, bringing that realism to gaming and if Sony put this as one of those games for the 3D TV, it’s going the best decision and moments of Sony, my favorite corporation and this is going to be one of my first buys when I get a PS3 soon if I save up.

+ xBlackBloodx on February 12th, 2010 at 7:16 pm said:

Limited Edition God of War III PS3 Bundle…

Come on now!

We deserve it. :(

Please?

If you don’t make it… Gah…

I swear i’ll… :( do nothing…

+ EXTREME_rkmn on February 12th, 2010 at 9:13 pm said:

lol it’s funny that there are like 5 people saying it’s not a good trailer.

This game will be the most epic thing to grace this planet and the trailer completely lived up to AND surpassed all my expectations. I cant wait to play this game 12am 3/16!!!!

Hopefully I will be chosen for the “Ultimate God of War Fan” as well! Looking forward to the beginning of next month for the announced winners!

+ XenoNative on February 12th, 2010 at 9:54 pm said:

Stig i’ve seen the trailer and i jus want to say i love you. i love you santa monica staff

+ muzzar69 on February 12th, 2010 at 10:06 pm said:

so can we have a release date for Europe?
come on the game is due out in a months time, i think we have waited more than long enough!
and PLEASE!, O PLEASE! release the making of documentary for the limited edition in AU.
PLEASE!
or at least make it available to download off the PSN.
there is no way im paying 250 bucks for a plastic box, maybe if you through in the documentary like you said you would, than maybe ill think about it.
its about time $ony stopped treating the US like gods, and treating everyone else like gum under their shoe.
its getting REALLY! old and im getting sick of it.
keep it up and you will loose a customer for life!

+ twooh on February 12th, 2010 at 10:14 pm said:

Played the GOW3 demo a few times since yesterday. I actually had the demo for over a month and just never played it. After I beat the demo a few times, I went out and bought the GOW collection. I have to say ” I can’t believe how good the games look on the ps3 “. They look fantastic. Way better than the ps2 versions.

Good job on the visuals on the E3 demo – I hope GOW3 is great. I will def buy it. But I won’t pre-order it.

+ SPARTAN-X85 on February 13th, 2010 at 1:22 am said:

OHHHH MY MY!!To Mr.Stig and the whole team at Santa Monica just wanted to say thank you for the best birthday present ever. This Game will be remembered for ages. Truly a Masterpiece.

+ Altair-Creed on February 13th, 2010 at 4:18 am said:

Congratulations!!! Santa Monica is THE BEST GAME (GOD OF WAR III).

Stig, I am glad that you’re the Director of this “AMAZING GAME” and you have been able to achieve what could not David Jaffe on PS2(Well in the previous console you could not get it that we saw yesterday LOL) but if not (Creator of this Saga) for the view as you would not end the story of Kratos as to how Big GOD OF WAR III will be,the “EPIC GAME” that is never created in the history of videogames.
You deserve a round of applause was for me.

+ danielmassey on February 13th, 2010 at 8:59 am said:

that is a bad game just by the video

+ danielmassey on February 13th, 2010 at 9:01 am said:

and i beat 1 and 2 now the 3rd god of war is bad

+ xBlackBloodx on February 13th, 2010 at 9:45 am said:

i’m going to have to agree about the video being bad.. i think they shouldn’t have had showed that..

i mean, where about a month away and we should be able to wait a couple more weeks without anymore info on the actual game.. all we need is a LE PS3 Bundle.. That’s all.

+ ROBster9004 on February 13th, 2010 at 9:58 am said:

oohhh, i saw a big hammer in there, this is gonna be amazing.

+ INTERRERGATOR on February 13th, 2010 at 4:25 pm said:

will there be a console bundle for god of war 3 ???

+ INTERRERGATOR on February 13th, 2010 at 4:29 pm said:

sorry i meant a special edition console for god of war 3

+ zahidabbasi on February 13th, 2010 at 7:38 pm said:

best way to describe this is wow is like avatar movie 3d on ps3 god of war 3 final build look way more amazing then e3 version it almost feel like im in movie and this game graphics look better then any game that i have seen it even look better then games it crysis im not lieing man i was shock when i first see this trailer i thought it is cg trailer from e3 2008 but if this real game-play then i will this i really proud of u guys and your work in finally pay of

+ BLEACH-Fan on February 14th, 2010 at 9:22 am said:

Ken-chan does the game really runb that smooth im a massive fan of the franchise infact its my fav but does it run exactly like that cause if it does thats increcibly impressive

+ Nomad on February 14th, 2010 at 1:07 pm said:

ken i have to know,will there be a god of war 3 limited edition ps3 for U.S at the time of release? Please respond back im all about buying a L.E console of my favorite game ever.

+ Tezasaurus on February 14th, 2010 at 11:47 pm said:

You guys should make Kratos more generically boring.

+ ompong1993 on February 15th, 2010 at 7:46 pm said:

Dear Sony

I just been to gamestop and they said they run out of God of war III ultimate editon, I really want the poster that comes with pre order but i dont like the regular edition of the game is there a way u can make more ultimate edition.

Thanks

+ Nomad on February 16th, 2010 at 3:38 pm said:

wow can someone please respond to my comment WILL THEY RELEASE A CUSTOM GOW3 SLIM AT THE TIME OF RELEASE i have to know,if not so i can just buy a ps3 now instead of waiting 28 days and having to do the same thing! will you guys release a ps3 simple answer yes or no?

+ DominicanNinja on February 20th, 2010 at 1:56 am said:

everytime he says something bout chaos i keep thinkin hes talking bout that dude chaos in greek mythology. he will get chaos to help him. chaos will rise again hmmmmm?

+ OmniCloud on February 21st, 2010 at 2:31 pm said:

Epic scale, but tbh I felt the blood is there just for the sake of it being “extremely bloody”… The demo felt a bit cheesy, is there anyway to turn it off or down in the final game? I was really a fan of the first games boss battles and set pieces, and this one looks to take it to the next level. But the gore just really was off putting.

+ MR_Hessla on February 27th, 2010 at 1:55 pm said:

great footage guys!!cant wait for this game!!

PAGE 1 2 3 4