Bloodborne

Be the Last Titan Standing; Be the First to Play God of War III

Anthony Caiazzo's Avatar + Posted by Anthony Caiazzo on Feb 14, 2010 // Senior Product Marketing Manager, SCEA

Do you have what it takes to prove your worth as the Ultimate Warrior in the Spartan Army! Some of you have already shown your allegiance and passion during the Ultimate Edition Fan Video Contest, but now Sony and SPIKE TV challenge you once again on your strength and loyalty.

LOGO - God of War III

Embrace your inner warrior and join us on a quest to become the LAST TITAN STANDING, a thirty minute God of War III SPIKE TV special that will air the night before God of War III‘s big release on March 16th. The story, puzzles, and straight-up action in God of War III will be recreated and YOU can be standing in the midst of the battles. SPIKE TV is looking for brute power, acute intellect, and the fastest PlayStation 3 trigger finger that’s ready to rumble.

The deadline is Friday, February 19, 2010, at 5:00 PM Pacific Time — But, producers stress to apply ASAP!

Click here for casting details and eligibility requirements.

SPIKE SHINE LOGO_WHITE_BG copy

44 Comments

+ TitusF on February 14th, 2010 at 6:08 pm said:

Awesome! Looking forward to this~

+ Zinacef on February 14th, 2010 at 6:13 pm said:

Sweet!!!

+ jrivera0108 on February 14th, 2010 at 6:14 pm said:

Love all of this GoW3 propaganda. Can’t wait to drop everything I’m doing to devote to this game!

+ Axecution on February 14th, 2010 at 6:15 pm said:

#3 lol yeah same here.

That trailer was amazing.

+ John_Oval on February 14th, 2010 at 6:47 pm said:

Sweet!

+ remanutd5 on February 14th, 2010 at 7:06 pm said:

superb!!!!! but sony should have its own playstation TV show and all these promotions should be part of the show , love the latest God of War video , too bad im not gonna be able to play it day 1 but as soon as i get back ( march 23 rd ) i will play it , can we have Heavenly Sword 2 after God of War 3 ?
In The End There Will Be Only Chaos !!!!!!!!

+ inkme1 on February 14th, 2010 at 7:11 pm said:

i think nariko and kratos should pro-create!

+ eddieMX07 on February 14th, 2010 at 7:40 pm said:

Wow this is very interesting… I will definitely be watching this specil. Hopefully this will be shown on 9 pm or later since I don’t watch to miss 24 on FOX.

Also I got a question for anyone that has visited the God of War website. Is anyone experiencing difficulties viewing the website. For me all I see is the cool background of Krastos, but no actual content like trailer. I wanted to download the new vengeance trailer since I haven’t seen on the PSN store yet. Anyone can thank a loyal GOW fan

+ Kchow23 on February 14th, 2010 at 8:06 pm said:

Awesome! sucks I’m not over 21

+ ICcold on February 14th, 2010 at 9:40 pm said:

I would try..

but my license expired as well as I have an oustanding ticket that I can’t pay off myself…

Oh well…GL to anyone else :)

+ Lolsa1 on February 14th, 2010 at 11:01 pm said:

To bad I’m not 21 o well.

+ footballrule on February 14th, 2010 at 11:05 pm said:

Looks interesting.

+ Jeigh on February 15th, 2010 at 12:44 am said:

O-kay… Kind of strange that it’s only half-an-hour rather than full hour (considering the magnitude of the event), but it’s all good.

Anyway, there’s no way in Hades I can possibly spare any time for contests. I may not even pick up the game itself until mid-March, considering this is my final quarter. (Congratulations are in order though, and if I actually registered for gifts, GoW3 would be on the list… Hint-hint. XD)

The End Begins soon… It’s going to Rock!

+ Nick-30 on February 15th, 2010 at 4:04 am said:

I thought it was sweet at first, then I read the eligibility.
No Canadians.

(They must not like us)

+ poweredbyzen on February 15th, 2010 at 5:16 am said:

this will be fun to watch! :D

+ igorsport09 on February 15th, 2010 at 5:32 am said:

Awesome.

In the full game,there will be portuguese in the american version?

+ KnightRid on February 15th, 2010 at 5:51 am said:

Wow – I cant wait for the game to be released, but this is sad. Spike TV? I thought they went out of business.

Oh well, have to cater to the young crowd rather than the people who’s money actually buys the game.

I will still be getting the game, doubt the Ultimate since the box is just a box. I imagine it will be like the Halo helmet set that stores are almost giving away to get rid of them ;) Blades of Chaos would have been much MUCH cooler.

+ EXTREME_rkmn on February 15th, 2010 at 6:55 am said:

This will be EXTREEEEEEME! Please post it online after, I dont have cable.

Is there a more exact date for the Ultimate God of War Fan winners? Is it going to be ON March 1st or somewhere after?

+ axl7 on February 15th, 2010 at 6:58 am said:

Wow_..cool!

+ ADR143 on February 15th, 2010 at 7:30 am said:

dam!!

+ XenoNative on February 15th, 2010 at 8:28 am said:

jus read the requirements and i was sold until they said we have to pay for expenses ourselves. man, i work full time and go to college, plus i live in NY. theres no way i can do this. honestly, i think this contest favors all those on the west side anyway. im not angry, jus wish east coast received more sony love. all their events seem to take place the other side. oh well, right?

+ FritoZ on February 15th, 2010 at 8:30 am said:

THIS IS IT!!!!

I’ve been practicing eviscerating cows for months! Now it will all pay off!

My neighbors complained about the smell, but now they will see all those complaints to the health department and PETA were unfounded!

For i will be the next GOD OF WAR!!!

Raawr!

;)

+ lonewolf1994 on February 15th, 2010 at 9:05 am said:

nooooooooooooooooooo curse my age D:

+ TailsTheCat on February 15th, 2010 at 9:20 am said:

Bad franchise. Deal with it.

+ je29836 on February 15th, 2010 at 9:57 am said:

hm as long as there is kratos choppin people up and chicks with big juggs on the show i’m watchin it

+ tha-last-one on February 15th, 2010 at 11:58 am said:

cant wait to get a copy

+ letherclad on February 15th, 2010 at 12:00 pm said:

I sent in my application, hope I get casted

Can’t wait to get my hands on GOW3!

+ poodude on February 15th, 2010 at 12:31 pm said:

I’ll deffinately be watching this! God Of War 3 is going to be awesome; which reminds me, I still have to finish God Of War 2 lol!

+ mixedkidbx on February 15th, 2010 at 3:08 pm said:

how stupid is this idea? The people get to “be the first” to play the game the day before its released to the public.

Has this tv station forgot that there will be a lot of people playing the game a few days before the official release date because mom and pop stores usually dont follow release day schedules.

yeah…. great idea lmao

+ NESGamepro on February 15th, 2010 at 6:47 pm said:

The eligibility requirements are insane. You basically have to sign away your life. There may be risk of death, serious injury or disease!! On top of that you have to pay for your own transportation, even the extra appearances if you win you must pay for yourself.

Not worth it, I’ll pass. The only people they will get will people that only care about getting on TV. Reality TV weirdos. Not true fans.

+ bushisprez on February 15th, 2010 at 7:56 pm said:

at your own cost and expense.

No thanks I can wait to play my ultimate edition…

+ KN-13 on February 15th, 2010 at 8:30 pm said:

This is weird. I think its more for TV exposure.

I’m waiting for my own Ultimate Edition!

+ spicyy_hott on February 15th, 2010 at 9:26 pm said:

Sweeeeetttt
I Can’t Wait !

+ Subtenko on February 15th, 2010 at 9:29 pm said:

aww comeon another contest and im not old enough again! Sony have something for the 18+ crowd pleaseeee =( almost 19 and cant just skip 3 years in time for this one,lol

+ GrafOrlock_ on February 15th, 2010 at 9:47 pm said:

can not wait!!! this is gonna be the best game of the year!!!!

+ angelspawn77 on February 15th, 2010 at 10:10 pm said:

was seriously considering it, but then i saw the age requirement. Not 21 until this upcoming november, oh well. GOW3 is about a month away, cant wait!

+ InfinitiProject on February 16th, 2010 at 12:32 am said:

where is SOCOM!!!!

+ maddymad on February 16th, 2010 at 5:38 am said:

And once again nothing for european fans :(

+ HipHopSince86 on February 16th, 2010 at 11:44 pm said:

I got an email from Spike, they’re supposed to give me a call tomorrow (I’m really not making this up). Wish me luck, you guys. I will represnt the community of Kratos fans to the fullest. GHOST OF SPARTA!!!!!!

+ UnstoppableOne on February 17th, 2010 at 1:58 pm said:

Am I the only one not to play the GOW3 Demo!?!?
Throw that [DELETED] on PSN Tomorrow!!!

+ Cobra21234 on February 17th, 2010 at 6:25 pm said:

you have to pay to go there just to play the game. whats the point of the contest? at least the sponsors should be able to fly you out there. lame contest.

+ Ridik77 on February 18th, 2010 at 11:06 am said:

I’m a big God of war fan,but i don’t undertand why we europians dont get any special treat from sony yeah maybe the ps3 slim 250 giga + God of war 3 was a start but after that nothing.We love god of war and ps3 ofcourse.even in the lost state of albania there are fans of god of war not talking about ps3 cuz 360 is a lost case here..So i just want to say that we should be all treated equal..love u all..

+ qchuang on February 20th, 2010 at 1:35 pm said:

haha

+ jj_spaceman on February 22nd, 2010 at 10:29 am said:

I’m sure this isn’t the appropriate forum for this question, but I know not where else to ask it, and scouring the blog (and the God of War website) has not revealed the info.

My question is whether the Ultimate Edition is limited in quantity. I know various retailers (amazon.com, buy.com, gamestop, etc.) are no longer taking pre-orders for it, so I was wondering if there would be more supplied, or if that was it. Thanks if you do answer.