PS4 - Transistor

BUZZ! Gets Hundreds of New National Geographic Questions Tomorrow!

Jenny Barbour's Avatar + Posted by Jenny Barbour on Feb 17, 2010 // Associate Producer

Hey there, BUZZ! fans! Tomorrow’s PlayStation Store Update will deliver a new National Geographic Quiz Pack for PS3 as well as a PSP-optimized version of one of your favorite PS3 Quiz Packs, both offering hundreds of questions to help build out your quiz banks.

First, get ready for fun that the entire family will want to get in on with the all-new National Geographic: Kids Quiz Pack for BUZZ! Quiz World PS3 and BUZZ! Quiz TV. Featuring over 500 questions inspired by the popular National Geographic Kids brand, the DLC pack makes learning fun while covering topics including geography, science, music, history and more! Engage your family in an exciting educational experience while answering questions like these:

Buzz Quiz TV AddOn NationalGeographicKIDS

WHICH RIVER RUNS THROUGH THE GRAND CANYON?

• THE NILE
  • THE MISSISSIPPI RIVER
  • THE AMAZON RIVER
  • THE COLORADO RIVER

THE WORK OF LUDWIG VAN BEETHOVEN IS CONSIDERED WHAT KIND OF MUSIC?

• CLASSICAL
  • RAGTIME
  • REGGAE
  • MARCHING BAND MUSIC

PLANTS TAKE CARBON DIOXIDE AND TURN IT INTO WHAT VITAL ELEMENT FOR HUMANS?

• GOLD
  • WATER
  • OXYGEN
  • FOOD

WHAT BODY OF GOVERNMENT MEETS IN THE CAPITOL BUILDING IN WASHINGTON, D.C.?

• UNITED STATES CONGRESS
  • UNITED STATES SENATE
  • PARLIAMENT
  • THE PRESIDENT’S ADVISORS

WHAT IS THE DEEPEST KNOWN PLACE IN THE OCEAN?

• THE GULF OF MEXICO
  • THE MARIANA TRENCH
  • THE MID-ATLANTIC RIDGE
  • THE MEDITERRANEAN SEA

Then, put your National Geographic knowledge to the test on-the-go, with the National Geographic: Safari Quiz Pack, available for PSP tomorrow. Previously only available for PS3, the PSP-optimized National Geographic: Safari Quiz Pack will challenge your trivia skills with hundreds of questions about African wildlife.

That’s all for now! Check back in with us at the PlayStation.Blog soon for more information on upcoming BUZZ! DLC!

+ Grouken on February 17th, 2010 at 1:01 pm said:

Any Buzz content with language support? Thanks.

+ mywhitenoise on February 17th, 2010 at 1:02 pm said:

Probably going to have some lame $8 price tag attached to it.

You guys need to get it. You’ll sell MORE, thus making a bigger PROFIT, by pricing these LESS.

+ tagout on February 17th, 2010 at 1:03 pm said:

I wish Sony would compile all of Buzz DLCs into one package on PS Store and make it 50% OFF if you buy them separately.

+ sscoolChea on February 17th, 2010 at 1:10 pm said:

I have every single question packs and they are awesome .keep them coming . Can we get some more skins from previous buzz characters . I pay for them .

Jenny Barbour's Avatar

+ Jenny Barbour on February 17th, 2010 at 1:23 pm said:

Thanks for your support! We’ll keep the Quiz Packs coming :-)

+ FritoZ on February 17th, 2010 at 1:14 pm said:

Wow, i better not let my girlfriend see this post or she will make me use my gaming $$$ on this!

she loves this game for her drunken work parties…

and at #3 tagout- i totally agree with you!

+ jozbaldwin1980 on February 17th, 2010 at 1:29 pm said:

I love this game, but most of my friends only speak spanish so I end up having to import the european version, therefore I can’t buy any add ons.

Is it so hard to make the US version of the game and the DLC multilanguage as the european one? I don’t think so.

+ jedi_webslinger on February 17th, 2010 at 1:35 pm said:

Your game is awesome :) More movie packs… make a Oscar night special… oscar winning pictures through history…

Jenny Barbour's Avatar

+ Jenny Barbour on February 17th, 2010 at 1:46 pm said:

Thanks for the love! Stay tuned for information on upcoming Quiz Packs :-)

+ mywhitenoise on February 17th, 2010 at 1:57 pm said:

You guys are blind. I love how you’re responding to the people who keep saying “I’ll pay for new skins!”, and “I’ve spent near $100 on DLC for this game!”, but don’t take in any consideration on lowering your prices. You would sell so much more by pricing aggressively.

Burnout just bundled all their DLC (around a $70 value) for $20. Guess who’s buying (and convinced 3 others) that pack?

+ Ashimbo on February 17th, 2010 at 2:22 pm said:

Beethoven’s music can be classified as classical or romantic. He bridged the gap between the two genres.

+ SpyDudeFX on February 17th, 2010 at 2:26 pm said:

I would buy quiz packs but no trophies. Consider adding trophies to them.

+ xiked on February 17th, 2010 at 2:31 pm said:

Keep the Quiz packs coming!

BUT can BUZZ team please make all the Buzz junior games available on the store? That is a great selling point for me when I talk to customers in the game store I work in. More games for the family and young kids and you will sell even more PS3 systems!

And to get the causal gamers aware of the great family content on PSN, make TV adverts for it. Just a hint.

Jenny Barbour's Avatar

+ Jenny Barbour on February 17th, 2010 at 3:49 pm said:

BUZZ! Jr.: Robo Jam, BUZZ! Jr.: Monster Rally and BUZZ! Jr.: Jungle Party are currently available to download for PS3 via PSN.

+ DaveedT13 on February 17th, 2010 at 3:20 pm said:

@Jenny : I would really like to know if the latest Buzz Quiz on PS3, distributed in Canada, contained french language text and audio please? The first one was not so I didn’t buy it because it’s a party game and all my friends talks french here in Quebec. Pretty sad cause I’m sure you lose a lot of sales here, we’re big fans of Party games in Quebec. : )

Thanks in advance for your answer.

+ Help102206 on February 17th, 2010 at 8:28 pm said:

I purchased an addon for Buzz recently but I can not find a way to access the content during gameplay.

What is the correct proceedure to access these addon packs?

+ Berae on February 18th, 2010 at 5:27 am said:

@12 daveedt13

I agree, i would like it in French too for the same reason you mentioned. I did buy the other one but was disappointed when i saw it was only in English.

+ sscoolChea on February 18th, 2010 at 7:59 am said:

@ 13
Go to option and you can select to turn it on or off. But you don’t really have to do nothing . The question/category will pop up for you to make a selection .

+ Debille on February 18th, 2010 at 9:20 am said:

I’m still waiting for a multi lingual patch ( or release ).

+ cell989 on February 19th, 2010 at 11:12 am said:

more language support would be awesome, I have lots of Spanish speaking friends who would love to play some BUZZ

+ b3atb00m3r-3000 on February 21st, 2010 at 8:30 am said:

buzz was an alright game. There were some Q. that I couldn’t understand and didn’t know. Off of my opinion it would be better if they could update the game so there could be more Q. that some of us can answer.