Call of Duty Infinite Warfare

Feb 23

Feb 23

Coming to PSN this Week: echoshift

Tsubasa Inaba's Avatar Posted by Senior Producer, International Software Development

Hello PlayStation Readers!!!

We’re here to announce that echoshift is releasing on the PlayStation Network this Thursday, February 25! This innovative puzzle game will bring a fun and refreshing style of gameplay to PlayStation Portable fans of all ages.

echoshift screenshot 2

For those of you who aren’t familiar with the title already, echoshift is a spin-off of the PSN hit echochrome, and shares a similar artistic design. The soundtrack to the game was composed by a new group and elegantly sets the pace for the unique game play. echoshift features a new challenge for gamers to learn how to interact with your past actions.

The game is based on solving the puzzles and gimmicks in each level to reach the exit, but within a short or limited amount of time. You’ll have to think quickly to overcome obstacles, and the game records an “echo” of your actions. This echo replays itself if time runs out before you finish your turn (we call it “cast”), and you can then try again from the beginning alongside all of your previous echoes. Cooperate with all of the echoes and actions of your past to help pass challenges you couldn’t before! Check out this trailer to see echoshift in action:

This creative approach to solving puzzles is easily learned for anyone to enjoy, and there are over 30 different kinds of puzzles to keep you occupied. You’ll have to quickly plan your actions and echoes in order to beat all 56 levels. The game also comes with three different game modes for each level, which will challenge you to find new ways to solve puzzles faster than you have before. Buyers can take all of this content on the go with them for just $14.99!

Whether you’re looking for a quick puzzle or hours of mind benders, I hope everyone enjoys echoshift. Stay tuned for future updates!

echoshift screenshot 1

Add Your Own

evildude683 said:

February 23rd, 9:26 am

I really liked the first game and I hope this on is as great as that one…..but from the video it reminds me of another cool game for PSP called “Exit”

Tsubasa Inaba's Avatar

Tsubasa Inaba said:

February 23rd, 9:48 am

\”echoshift\” has a slightly different twist, but I\’m sure you\’ll enjoy it nonetheless!

Tsubasa Inaba's Avatar

Tsubasa Inaba said:

February 23rd, 9:48 am

Time to step it up to the full version later this week! :-)

adolson said:

February 23rd, 9:28 am

Will there be a PS3 version later on?

Tsubasa Inaba's Avatar

Tsubasa Inaba said:

February 23rd, 9:49 am

Sorry, \”echoshift\” will be for the PSP platform only.

Gorvi said:

February 23rd, 9:28 am

Are there any plans for a PS3 version of this like there was with echochrome or will echoshift remain PSP only?

goose_7 said:

February 23rd, 9:37 am

$14.99??? seems a little too pricey in my honest opinion. i loved echochrome alot and for its price ($10) i definitelty squeezed every single penny out that game.

but $14.99?? doubt i’ll get it. maybe when it goes on sale.

Tsubasa Inaba's Avatar

Tsubasa Inaba said:

February 23rd, 10:15 am

Really?

Considering the pricing is roughly half of the original price in Japan, I\’d say it\’s a steal.

inkme1 said:

February 23rd, 9:40 am

HEY SONY,
YOU DO KNOW HEAVY RAIN DID RELEASE TODAY DONT YOU? HOW ABOUT SOMETHING ON THAT!

sorry for all the caps but you are not pushing HR the way you should be. no one but hardcore gamers knows about it. and therefore it wont sell well. cmon media blitz!!! oh well you got my money!

Gunwing said:

February 23rd, 9:42 am

Good to see PSN finally stepping up the store updates to more then just a few videos, and yet more pointless DLC for crappy games.

I hope we end up with updates that have at least 8 Demos at a time in the future! Also PSN needs more hardcore PSN games! WipEout HD Fury, and WarHawk/SOCOM are great! We need more like that! Only smaller and even more hardcore.

Look at Shadow Complex, as well as titles from third party developers like Atari, and Sega.

Sony needs to stop the old fashioned arcade bin fest, and starting showing that it can bring realy cool exclusive DL only games to PSN.

SpiritThief said:

February 23rd, 9:50 am

^agree.

They also need to give PSN more PS3 love. It seems like the store and now even all the games are switching over to PSP.

mywhitenoise said:

February 23rd, 9:55 am

You guys need to keep the PSP store separate from the PS3 store!

Both me and my cousin almost bought PSP versions of PSN games…and the great thing about DLC is “no refunds”!

depward said:

February 23rd, 10:04 am

Enjoyed the demo; looking forward to picking this up this week. Thanks!

Tsubasa Inaba's Avatar

Tsubasa Inaba said:

February 23rd, 10:09 am

Thank you!
    We hope you enjoy!

Stay tuned for potential updates also! :-)

krae_man said:

February 23rd, 10:19 am

Why is this $15 when Echocrome was $10? It has the same number of levels.

You seriously need to give up that $40 price point for top tier downloadable PSP games and basing the pricing of all other games on that.

What’s it going to take for you guys to change your pricing stratagy?

P.S. How about a sale for Midnight Carnival?

krae_man said:

February 23rd, 10:28 am

Wow Tsubasa, you just made no sense.

Comparring the price of the US downloadable version of Echoshift to the price of the US downloadable version of Echocrome which both have the same number levels is a PERFECT comparrison.

Comparring the price of downloadable Echoshift to the UMD Japanese version is comparring apples to oranges.

Exchange rates, different standard prices, manufacturing costs, all make a huge difference. Not to mention the Japanese UMD version had twice the levels.

megamixer said:

February 23rd, 10:34 am

I’m ready! Drop the two day wait and publish it on the store right now :D

ynp7 said:

February 23rd, 10:43 am

Make that $10 and on PS3 and I’ll pick it up.

krae_man said:

February 23rd, 10:46 am

It appears as though I was slightly confused. You were referring to the Japanese downloadable price of Echoshift.

Its still not an appropriate comparrison as the Japanese version has more levels(which will likely be paid DLC in North America).

Furthermore there are several unique factors that effect pricing in different regions. Comparring them is pointless in this instance.

Tsubasa Inaba's Avatar

Tsubasa Inaba said:

February 23rd, 11:13 am

thank you for your input as always :-)

FritoZ said:

February 23rd, 10:52 am

hi, i got Echochrome free with my PSP3000, and it was a nice time waster, it looks like Echoshift expands upon the basework set up by Echochrome..

but i think i will miss the M.C. Esher like levels and optical illusion levels..

this seems to be more of a side scrolling platformer now..

can you still swing the camera around any way you want?

djnealb said:

February 23rd, 10:54 am

I know this is a bit off topic, but is there I way I can contact Sony Publishing to request a replacement case and manual for White Knight Chronicles? My originals were stolen (along with my other PS3 games), but luckily the game itself was spared since it wasn’t in the case or system. Obviously I’m not going to re-buy the game, but at the same time I’m a bit of a perfectionist/collector and not having the case and manual is very annoying to me. I tried contacting PlayStation customer service, but, since they’re only hardware, they tell me to contact the publisher. Sony is the publisher, but I can’t find any contact info (email or (800) number) for thier publishing section. Please help?

urienji said:

February 23rd, 10:57 am

I have three words for you:

Echoshift, Echochrome, Bundle.

Sign me up.

Tsubasa Inaba's Avatar

Tsubasa Inaba said:

February 23rd, 12:20 pm

We\’ll see what we can do. No promises :-)

krae_man said:

February 23rd, 11:26 am

Always glad to help :)

evildude683 said:

February 23rd, 12:08 pm

@18 Agreed!!!

SigmaGT said:

February 23rd, 12:10 pm

Echochrome gave me headaches, and I will gladly welcome them back in this next iteration.

lukeike said:

February 23rd, 12:29 pm

it is a little pricey, but I will have to play it! Can yall lower the price of Loco Roco 1 to the same price as LR 2? I don’t understand why the first game is more expensive than the second, and the sequal… Any word?

triple_lei said:

February 23rd, 12:36 pm

Thank you and I hope this NEVER comes to UMD! Picking this up ASAP.

Pitch_Blak said:

February 23rd, 12:37 pm

My brother is completely hooked on the demo. He’ll be picking this one up for sure (which means a freebie for me =D).

jahguy7 said:

February 23rd, 12:42 pm

@ Tsubasa — how big do you think the file will be? I loved how echochrome was so small (only 25 mb I think). Are we looking at a much larger size?

DTXSFC said:

February 23rd, 12:44 pm

I played the demo and like it but the $14.99 price I don’t like. The day it goes for $10 I’ll be a proud owner of Echoshift. I can understand $14.99 for it on UMD but I’m not paying that much for a puzzle game.

xBlackBloodx said:

February 23rd, 12:58 pm

LE GOD OF WAR III PS3!!!

ANNOUNCE IT!!!

(I GOT MONEYYY) ;)

letherclad said:

February 23rd, 1:07 pm

I can’t wait for this. Heavy Rain and this on the same week is too much greatness!

moriarty1975 said:

February 23rd, 2:01 pm

Will we EVER get the patch for echochrome that adds youtube support? Japan got a long time ago.

Tsubasa Inaba's Avatar

Tsubasa Inaba said:

February 23rd, 2:06 pm

ummm… that patch (ver 1.02) has been out for a while now, for North America also :-)

moriarty1975 said:

February 23rd, 2:33 pm

Europe never got it! Last one we got was v1.01 that added trophies.

Tsubasa Inaba's Avatar

Tsubasa Inaba said:

February 23rd, 2:43 pm

CAN\”T SPEAK FOR EUROPE… SORRY…

moriarty1975 said:

February 23rd, 2:45 pm

Aww…there doesnt seem to be anyone over here that can give an answer either :(

plaztiksyke said:

February 23rd, 2:50 pm

I am extremely disappointed to hear about the lack of a PS3 version. I’ll give it 6 months, then just resort to firing up an emulator. The graphics upscaling on the open source emulators looks better, anyways.

I’ve spent hundreds of dollars on PSN, more than I have on retail games. I want to pay money for this game (and Locoroco!) on PS3, but I’m simply not going to invest in a PSP. It would be really nice to have the market segment I’m in be supported with a proper PS3 release of the title.

The income from sales of a PS3 version would probably also help offset the rampant piracy on the PSP version.

Skater_Ricky said:

February 23rd, 3:25 pm

Will there be Trophies for this Version for the PSP.. or is there still no plans for Trophies for the PSP.

Kids Love being Competive so Trophies on PSP is a Must.

PSPgo has everything it needs to bring Trophies to the Table for PSP and PSPgo Fans.. Sony We Know you Hear us :D

Still Pricy for PSPgo but I do have the Red Limited God of War Edtion still :D

jlo138 said:

February 23rd, 4:04 pm

A bit off subject here but why are the psn downloads usually the same price or even higher than a the new umd versions? Considering there is lots of money saved on shipping, packaging, materials and time to make the game in umd when the download is just a copy from the network. For instance, I seen Hot Shots Golf 2 in umd (new) for $10 LESS than the psn download. We need psn price breaks. Adjust the prices for not having PHYSICAL packaging, manuals, case and covers etc. I don’t like umd’s so I got the Go, but I don’t want to pay for them when I am not getting them.

Korlithiel said:

February 23rd, 4:15 pm

After playing through Echochrome I really wanted to pick this up, a bit of time with the demo and I’ve found the echoes seems more irritating then enjoyable.

Still, it looks fairly promising for those looking for a solid puzzle game and it’s at a fine price. Thanks for putting out the demo, as I would have been upset to buy the game based on how little I enjoyed the demo.

SGAShepp said:

February 23rd, 4:30 pm

Mine! nuff said :)

DPsx7 said:

February 23rd, 4:33 pm

I also hope this comes to PS3. I’d love to try it since I enjoyed Echochrome but I gave up on the PSP years ago. There were too many updates, not enough games, and the games never worked out of the box. As you can imagine, PSN’s recent tendency for PSP and Mini’s over PS3 content has been disappointing.

Kchow23 said:

February 23rd, 4:50 pm

the demo was quite good! much more fun than my previous experiences with the franchise

BurntOrange32 said:

February 23rd, 5:10 pm

I loved the demo, and always like to get more games for my PSPgo :D

seymour222 said:

February 23rd, 6:44 pm

I enjoyed the demo very much, and know I will enjoy this game. Funny, I have Echochrome for PS3 and have regretted not getting it for PSP…too bad we couldn’t get them both for one price.
I have to agree with some others on the board when it comes to the price. I don’t know why but $15 makes me hesitate, 9.99 and I’d be buying it Thur. Amazing the difference $5 can make I suppose.

Durge22 said:

February 24th, 3:28 pm

What happened to the add-on levels for Echochrome. The folder shows in the store, but it is empty. The Support team is clueless. Someone must know what happened to the add-on content!?!?!