PS4 - Transistor

Heavy Rain Out Today!

Cristian Cardona's Avatar + Posted by Cristian Cardona on Feb 23, 2010 // Associate Product Marketing Manager, Software Marketing

In case you didn’t know, Heavy Rain is out today!

For those of your who haven’t picked up your copy yet, we definitely recommend rushing to your favorite retailer (or mailbox) to get your hands on one of the most anticipated titles of 2010. If you’re still on the fence, be sure to download one of the hottest demos available on the PlayStation Store and see what everyone’s been talking about. Still not sure? Check out the reviews and you’ll see that it’s well worth it!

If you find yourself playing the game and tapping your toes to the music, you can head over to iTunes today to download your copy of the soundtrack, which will also become available for download from the PlayStation Store on March 18.

And we haven’t forgotten our promise to you, the fans. For those of you who prefer it, just follow the link below to download the European packfront image that you can print out and slide into your game case. I’d recommend printing it on an 11 x 17 and cutting along the lines so it fits just right.

Heavy Rain Alternate Cover

Keep an eye out in the coming weeks as well as we unveil additional content through the PlayStation Store for Heavy Rain fans.

Happy gaming!

+ DZORMAGEN on February 23rd, 2010 at 4:18 pm said:

..by the way I LOVE the music!! So great!!!

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on February 23rd, 2010 at 5:28 pm said:

Isn\’t it?! I whistle it here at the office a bit too much. Then everyone around me gets it stuck in their head.

+ Tinaray on February 23rd, 2010 at 4:23 pm said:

The game is awesome, but there’s some stability issues. I’ve checked around on various forums and these are not isolated issues.

My particular problem involves loading my saved game. I’m saved at the scene called “the bear”, but the game locks up every time it attempts to load it. I can access any scene prior to “the bear”, but when I attempt to continue or to manually load that scene, I get the loading screen and then just a blank screen while my PS3 (80gb MGS4 bundle) locks up.

I thought it was just my file at first, but I’ve noticed through checking forums that several people are having a similar problem. Please pass this on to the developers so we can get a(nother)patch ASAP!

+ mrconkin on February 23rd, 2010 at 4:24 pm said:

Just picked it up! Can’t wait to play it when I get home from work. Thanks so much for the Euro cover. Any chance that we’ll be getting the Japanese cover as well? That one is absolutely stellar.

+ SGAShepp on February 23rd, 2010 at 4:28 pm said:

Nice, This looks amazing! Good job guys, Bravo.

+ MagSec4 on February 23rd, 2010 at 4:34 pm said:

i still dont understand how to print it out. it keeps coming out as the small picture each time. =(

+ nokedimyo on February 23rd, 2010 at 4:37 pm said:

I’ve been looking forwards to this game ever since I first heard about it! However, even though I pre-ordered the game, I won’t be able to play it until Sunday because I am on a business trip :’( Of course, it is raining here as well :-P

+ Todd_Bridges on February 23rd, 2010 at 4:45 pm said:

I have comment #56…It has nothing to do with #26 like you said..lol. I was wondering if any future DLC for that actual game was something coming down the line?

+ dinkin-flicka on February 23rd, 2010 at 4:48 pm said:

@105 Make sure you download the ‘Original’ size from the Flickr site. Also, try playing around with your Print settings if it still doesn’t print at the correct size. Usually there are options to scale image to fit to page, etc.

+ Kchow23 on February 23rd, 2010 at 4:49 pm said:

P.S Definitely buying the music… you guys did such an amazing job on it!!!!!!!!

+ bdavid81 on February 23rd, 2010 at 4:50 pm said:

Beaten the game twice since I got I started Sunday morning, 54% trophies.

The Happy Birthday trophy isn’t unlocking though, and I followed the IGN Guide.

Finished drawing & signed it
Set the plates on the table
Played with kids (swinging and riding on shoulders, and swordfight)

No missed QTEs either.. what am I missing?

+ KILLZONE79 on February 23rd, 2010 at 4:52 pm said:

one problem though, dk if it was a ESRB rating mistake but when you go check out heavy rain it does not ask for age verification (this was at our walmart anyway)

+ rhcooper on February 23rd, 2010 at 4:54 pm said:

For anyone who seems to be having an issue with their Taxidermist code, I wonder if you have reading comprehension skills.

The pre-order sheet from Gamestop clearly states May 31st, 2010 as Launch date and you have exactly one year to redeem it.

I have no clue where you’re getting March 4th.

I’m assuming this is why you’re seeing no response to this question from Playstation Blog folks, because the priority is Heavy Rain, not the DLC.

Dante’s Inferno REAL DLC isn’t even till March… just calm down people… calm down.

I mean you only just got RE5 DLC… what the hell? Take 5th grade English again, it might help. (I might even have issues in these sentences, but at least I can read a Redeem Code card)

+ lunchboxnyhc on February 23rd, 2010 at 5:00 pm said:

i been playing the game since the am and omg its amazing… unlike anything i have ever played….. love it

+ wU-sOLdiEr210 on February 23rd, 2010 at 5:31 pm said:

it even rained in here in san antonio, tx which is more odd…sony just what are you up to

+ Old-Sssnake on February 23rd, 2010 at 5:57 pm said:

First of all the sizes indicated in the Sony website aren’t even the right size for it to fit on the PS3 plastic box. The “Large 1024X683 ” is small when printing it out, and the Original is huge. So why don’t you guys give us the proper size for us to print. Give us a PDF file or the proper way to print it out .Also please recommend the kind of paper you guys use when you print for the PS3 cover art boxes. The sooner the info is given the better for us. Thanks

+ SHINSPIKES on February 23rd, 2010 at 6:17 pm said:

WTF? Thanks for the spoilers.

+ SPOOKULA209 on February 23rd, 2010 at 6:19 pm said:

picked mine up today, can’t wait to play it in a few days when I’m off work

+ Protohype on February 23rd, 2010 at 7:01 pm said:

@rhcooper, ughh, I think you mistook valid from Game launch until 5/31/2010 right underneath the scratch off area.
However, there is another fine print about promotion code being redeemable once between Game launch through 5/31/2011.
I read nowhere about 5/31/** being the Launch day.
Clerk said next month it’ll be available and I’m willing to bet it may or may not be available on 3/4/10, you may or may not win.
/end rant

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on February 24th, 2010 at 9:51 am said:

It\’ll be available on 03/04/10 when the Store updates.

+ Kchow23 on February 23rd, 2010 at 7:13 pm said:

Which song is the one from the GC: “For Love” trailer?

+ eravgg on February 23rd, 2010 at 7:36 pm said:

I was looking forward to this game but then this guy in a game forum posted spoilers about everything just to be an ass. I hate people like that after knowing who the O. Killer is now I am not very compelled to buy it. Sucks.

+ Kchow23 on February 23rd, 2010 at 7:42 pm said:

I hope this song remained in the game

+ wii_will_rock_u on February 23rd, 2010 at 7:44 pm said:

Could someone provide use with Yakuza 3 japanese box art, the american verison is just horrible. Sega went from awesome black and white look to just plain “ew”

+ bentl78 on February 23rd, 2010 at 7:56 pm said:

Just wanted to say I love the beginning of the game picked it up last nite.

I am not sure if its a bug or not, but i was unable to get the trophy for the “PROLOGUE” section of the game.. i tried all the different things, and i looked online.. and it seems a lot of people are having the same problems… we all did the 3 things we are supposed to do, but no trophy unlocked.

not sure if its a bug or not.. but please check it out thank you

+ GGCAN on February 23rd, 2010 at 8:10 pm said:

Just received today in mail from Amazon.ca.

So different than most games, but that’s exactly what I’ve wanted.

+ Dallas7999 on February 23rd, 2010 at 8:16 pm said:

@123

I hope you get tons of hate-messages, and Jeff finds a way to take away your PSN.

+ Jon_Mclane on February 23rd, 2010 at 8:25 pm said:

This is awful. My most anticipated game of the year fully paid off since last year and my ps3 breaks 1 week before it releases. The only Heavy Rain in this household will be the tears from my eyes. :’(

+ goregates on February 23rd, 2010 at 8:27 pm said:

I tried the demo and it rocked. But when i wanted to go out and buy it today it was, not heavy rain but 3 inches of heavy wet snow. Sometime i’ll get my hands on it.

+ nabokovfan87 on February 23rd, 2010 at 8:42 pm said:

Just a small request hopefully. The way the image is sized (5400 x 3600 pixels), it makes printing it on my normal printer pretty much impossible. Would it be possible to have a .pdf of this image at 1/1 scale so that when i print it off the image is the actual size.

If I print it the way it is now, the large white border would make the image too small/big and it wouldn’t be proper size.

Thanks ahead of time…. Heavy Rain arrives tomorrow in the mail!

+ nabokovfan87 on February 23rd, 2010 at 8:44 pm said:

using this handy converter, the image is 18″ x 12″ so even printing on an 11 x 17 page would be incorrect as well.

+ letherclad on February 23rd, 2010 at 9:06 pm said:

I have to say, including the paper to make the origami figure while the game was installing was pure genius, just shows how much the studio cared about the project

+ mafecto on February 23rd, 2010 at 9:26 pm said:

My best buy promo code won’t work

+ bairdpga on February 23rd, 2010 at 9:30 pm said:

I am really angry with GameStop. I pre-ordered the game to get The Taxidermist DLC free, but when I went to pick the game up they said they had sold out of the codes.

I am furious. This is the second time this has happened when I have pre-ordered from GameStop. The first time was with Uncharted 2–I was supposed to get early access to the multiplayer demo and the Revenge Booster, but they were out of those codes, too.

Cristian, are you able to secure any codes for people like me? If not, do you know anyone at Heavy Rain that I could email about this?

I called 15 GameStops and every single one was out of codes. It is really dishonest of them to use a pre-order bonus as bait to secure pre-orders and take my money early, and then not deliver on the bonus.

I am hoping this can be resolved, but I am absolutely furious with GameStop right now. I will never shop there again.

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on February 24th, 2010 at 9:54 am said:

Have you called their consumer services line? They should have additional codes available.

+ worldagainstjose on February 23rd, 2010 at 9:34 pm said:

@bairdpga
same thing has happened to me before in the past, its infuriating.it defeats the whole purpose of preordering with them.

on another note, will there be another patch sometime soon to deal with minor glitching, like trophies not unlocking and awkward pausing?

+ VofEscaflowne on February 23rd, 2010 at 9:45 pm said:

Hopefully this gets read even though I’m posting this a bit late…

I picked up my Heavy Rain copy today at EB (amazing game, wow) and brought up the fact that I was supposed to get a code for The Taxidermist. She didn’t really seem aware of it but heard about it being delayed so at least there was some mention of it. Now I still don’t have my code and highly doubt I will now that the game is out. Is there any way I can still get my code for this before it goes live or am I out of luck?

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on February 24th, 2010 at 9:55 am said:

Did you pre order it? If so, I\’d contact their customer support.

+ Einhander138 on February 23rd, 2010 at 10:00 pm said:

Any explanation as to why NA gets shafted for content and Europe gets a special version?

+ JAZ17 on February 23rd, 2010 at 10:25 pm said:

I’m in San Francisco and it’s raining as i’m playing, pretty sweet. Hell of a game.

+ nerdmanwhippy on February 23rd, 2010 at 10:34 pm said:

Was at my Gamestop bright and early at 10am to pick this up when they opened the gates. I was very glad to see a few of our customers there as well to pick it up first thing in the morning, as we tried to inform every ps3 owned about this at our store.

Only managed to actually snag a few hours into it so far as I had to wait for my girlfriend who wanted to watch me play it. However I can say this, we both found it be absolutely amazing.

If anybody is still up in the air on this, try the demo out as fast as you can. It’s a very unique game that I feel every ps3 owner should at least try out.

+ MohammedMK on February 23rd, 2010 at 10:49 pm said:

I finished the game. It’s a game that I will remember for the rest of my life. I love Heavy Rain so much!

+ Chaos200786 on February 23rd, 2010 at 11:26 pm said:

Damnit…Where is Kevin Butler’s It only Does…commercial for this game?

+ Davenport on February 23rd, 2010 at 11:31 pm said:

30 seconds into the game in the first scene when I have to get the dude out of the bed… the game keeps freezing! everytime it freezes I have to hard reset my PS3. who is testing these games and how do bugs likes this make it through to a final version of the game. wtf?! gimme my $60 worth. very disappointed… and this is supposed to be one of Sony’s biggest games of the year?!

+ wolfboyXZ on February 24th, 2010 at 12:11 am said:

@128 It IS sized correctly and 1:1, but it’s accomodating a 12×18 paper. It even has bleedmarks so you don’t have a white outline when you cut it (you need to cut it where the lines in the 4 corners are, not the outline of the image)

When you print it, make sure it’s at “100%” and not “scaled to fit”. In your print setup, if you choose print centered, it’ll probably fit on a regular 8.5 x 11 paper.

And thanks for giving us a printable cover, all companies that decide to give us crappy US art should do this option.

+ Gooddaysfall on February 24th, 2010 at 12:58 am said:

Plz fix this cause I can’t continue because of this and I tried deleting update then loading data back up but same problem…This is what happened to me….Well the chapter The Nurse after the Power Plant has a point where it goes black then back again and then on the last one it froze on me so I reseted my Ps3…Then I went back to game menu then loaded my save game and as I see madisons pretty face for the loadin I don’t see to little hint thing that’s always there then when it goes black I can control her everything but I can’t see her or anything as if I see the tv turned off but I only hear talking when I press buttons….Plz fix this I really don’t want to start over and This update 1.01 really has cause a big no no on me.

+ Solid-Snake-Eyes on February 24th, 2010 at 1:39 am said:

Loving this game, but like someone else said my audio skips now and then. I don’t think I’ve actually missed words of dialogue so far, it will just skip and drop out for a second or 3 or 4. Can’t wait to finish up tomorrow and then buy all the DLC episodes! This game is freakin intense!

+ PantherX on February 24th, 2010 at 2:31 am said:

Pouring down rain here in Jerzee how ironic. ive been playing for hours and i just wanna say i support Heavy Rain 100 percent! thats PSHome content DLC and even LBP costumes if any.

+ Mugen078 on February 24th, 2010 at 2:54 am said:

Some people that were in Pairs last week watching David Cage presentation were able to buy the game.

The presentation was interesting and It was really cool to be able to speak with some actors playing Scott Shelby and Madison Page.

I thought of running away when I noticed there xas only one girl in the queue though. Didn’t buy the game after the presentation – 65€ is too expensive. I’ll wait till Amazon.co.uk sends me the pre ordered game. Much cheaper.

+ starBlinky01 on February 24th, 2010 at 3:39 am said:

Just got the game after work. I was surprised when they said they only had 2 left.

Every other launch of a game I have gotten the game when they had dozens left.. Even GTA4.

But hey, guys please keep those videos spoiler free. After watching it, I will expect to think that I am about to die in the car muncher part but at the last minute you can step out… So please keep future videos spoiler free. I havent even watched any video reviews for this reason.

+ Platinum_Parker on February 24th, 2010 at 4:55 am said:

This game is the truth!

+ BiezulbubBill69 on February 24th, 2010 at 5:35 am said:

I woulda bought this game if jerks on message boards didn’t spoil the killer for me.

+ LumarQQ on February 24th, 2010 at 5:43 am said:

Track your package
Date Time Location Event Details
Feb 24 2010 08:27:00 AM NIAGARA FALLS ON CA Out for delivery

+ kosluftar on February 24th, 2010 at 5:53 am said:

When will my pre-order bonus DLC key actually work?