GTAV PS4

Mall Madness Hits PlayStation Home with Hundreds of Items on Sale + New UNCHARTED, SOCOM, and Warhawk Costumes!

Locust_Star's Avatar + Posted by Locust_Star on Feb 24, 2010 // PlayStation Home Community Manager

Like UNCHARTED

Greetings Homelings,

If you’re like me and your closets are overflowing with all the awesome new virtual items we release each and every week in PlayStation Home, then this Thursday’s content update is truly a cause for celebration. Not only are we dropping a bunch of new virtual items inspired by some of your favorite PS3 and PSP games, but we’re putting hundreds of items on sale in our brand new Exclusives store at a mere fraction of their original price. You can thank our new resident business guru Mr. Magnus Keynes – he of the iconic (and snazzy) gold suit – who is committed to bringing you, the loyal PlayStation Home community, the best deals he possible can. And when we say “best deals”, we mean that Magnus is straight up slashing prices like a certified maniac at a lakeside summer camp!

If you’re an UNCHARTED fan (which you are – everybody is!) then you’ll need to drop in to the PlayStation Home Mall and pick up the new UNCHARTED costumes and furniture items we are releasing this week. I’m talking Nathan Drake, Sully, Chloe Frazier, Elena Fisher, and Tetram costumes along with some serious treasures for your personal space, pulled straight from the UNCHARTED franchise. See the pics below for a few choice samples.

Home UNCHARTED Drake Home UNCHARTED Chloe

On a similar note, we’re also releasing some special SOCOM: Fire Team Bravo costumes along with some exclusive Warhawk costumes (for the Eucadian and/or Chernovan in all of us). Don’t believe me? Here’s the evidence.

Home SOCOM Wood Home Warhawk Chernovan

We will be continuing to air full episodes of the PlayStation Network exclusive reality series, The Tester, in the PlayStation Home Theater this week, with Episode 2 going live tomorrow, February 25th. Come out and watch as a group of hardcore gamers all compete for their dream job as a member of the SCEA QA team and pick up a free commemorative item from the Theater (additional The Tester items are also available for sale, like this goat chair, shown below as proof that we are slowly, but surely, going off the deep end).

Home Tester Goat Chair

Remember to come back to the PlayStation Home Theater every week to watch new episodes of the Tester (updated every Thursday) for the rest of the season.

PAGE 1 2

+ SpyDudeFX on February 24th, 2010 at 3:06 pm said:

Very nice update, can’t wait to see the UNCHARTED treasures! Too bad no Heavy Rain content?

+ BabeBro on February 24th, 2010 at 3:07 pm said:

Can’t wait for the update L_S, thanks for the news!

+ stardeth on February 24th, 2010 at 3:08 pm said:

Not impressed, sorry…

+ Conrad_Max on February 24th, 2010 at 3:09 pm said:

It may be time for me to take a look at Warhawk again. Thank you for the news.

+ yingyangdr96 on February 24th, 2010 at 3:10 pm said:

Thanks for posting once again Locust. Victor Sullivan FTW! :D Victor Godamnn Sullivan. hahaha

+ kamren_69 on February 24th, 2010 at 3:10 pm said:

how do i get on playstation home

+ RuthlessEd on February 24th, 2010 at 3:11 pm said:

HOME of the micro-transaction.

…and little else.

+ proskatercam on February 24th, 2010 at 3:11 pm said:

Wow, those costumes look HORRIBLE! Uncharted costumes look nothing like they do in the game! Drake doesnt even have a gun holster! An ugly chair, and more Socom stuff that nobody wants, and probably about five people, tops, will buy.

Locust_Star's Avatar

+ Locust_Star on February 24th, 2010 at 3:48 pm said:

There\’s a holster right there ;)

+ PaperCarrier on February 24th, 2010 at 3:12 pm said:

Not anything that really catches my eye
this week.

+ Kaboose12 on February 24th, 2010 at 3:13 pm said:

it would be nice to see cross game chat in the next update…btw does sony read these blogs and also where can i blog about what should be in the next update? email me
[DELETED]

+ Phake on February 24th, 2010 at 3:14 pm said:

There will be a price behind the Tester Items? Really? I would think a unlock for sitting though the whole show with a group of friends would grant us a reward. Crossing fingers for make.believe

Locust_Star's Avatar

+ Locust_Star on February 24th, 2010 at 3:49 pm said:

There are rewards that unlock in the Theater as well as items that can be purchased. Best of both worlds ;)

+ silverthehedgeh on February 24th, 2010 at 3:15 pm said:

yes my closet is full and is making home slow for i thank for that :/ and yes your going a slowly going off the end thanks for admitting it

+ PaperCarrier on February 24th, 2010 at 3:16 pm said:

I’m cutting down on virtual items as they make Home load slower every time.

+ Skater_Ricky on February 24th, 2010 at 3:18 pm said:

I like to Know when Open Voice Chat will Come back in HOME.. its The Main Reason why allot of my Friends on my PS3 including myself dont hardly ever go into HOME.

Even tho most of have keyboards and are good typers.. its till not the same to have a normal conversation with friends on the PS3 about a game you just won.. or how to get some Trophy in a game.

Are we At least getting a Party Chat System Coming to PlayStation HOME really Soon.

To me talking to just 1 on 1 isnt good enought and having everyone join you in your Private Space isnt always that Fun at all.

We the PS3 Community Need a Voice Chat Party System for the PS3 for Both Ingame and in PlayStation HOME.

Thanks for Reading.. and Items on Sale is a good way to bring more people in HOME.. its like having a Grauge Sale getting ride of all your Old Stuff you no longer get use out of.. Someone is bound to like it LOL.

WHOS with me.. Signed Skater_Ricky, :D

+ Ledis15 on February 24th, 2010 at 3:19 pm said:

Hey Locust_Star,

A hint would be nice. Just wondering will there will be a Kratos costume from God of War III? :)

+ bronxsushi on February 24th, 2010 at 3:20 pm said:

Thanks for the price cuts this week. I spend a lot of money with last weeks update (2 new houses and clothes). My wallet needs a chance to recover.

Locust_Star's Avatar

+ Locust_Star on February 24th, 2010 at 3:53 pm said:

You can thank our new business guy, Magnus Keynes. He\’s hanging out in Home all the time. Say hi if you see him!

+ PaperCarrier on February 24th, 2010 at 3:21 pm said:

I don’t like the direction Home is currently headed. It needs to steer away from that approaching iceberg.

+ KarateChampChad on February 24th, 2010 at 3:22 pm said:

Good update.
Any chance we will be getting the Musicality Apartment anytime soon?

+ M_C_A_S_ on February 24th, 2010 at 3:23 pm said:

hello, what happened to the Heavy Rain shirt?

+ RuthlessEd on February 24th, 2010 at 3:24 pm said:

Nothing like a virtual world that punishes you for purchasing items. Why would I want to buy any of this crap when it just makes the whole experience even slower to load than it already is?

It shouldn’t be called HOME, it should be called HOLD.

+ PaperCarrier on February 24th, 2010 at 3:25 pm said:

I like that prices are going down on some items wile I personally don’t really need more items until Home is better.

+ Skater_Ricky on February 24th, 2010 at 3:26 pm said:

I agree with “silverthehedgeh” and “PaperCarrier” about more items have to load.. is also making my HOME Load SUPER SLOW when I Boot up into HOME.

Locust_Star Does HOME TEAM have a Plan to FIX THIS??

I hope for a Answer that at least you know about this issue and are in the Plans to make OUR PS3 Expreince better Over all with HOME.

And What Happened about the Trophy Room.. did that get thrown Under the Carpet??

And I for one know its has nothing to do with my PS3 or Harddrive because games work perfectly fine but the issue only Happens when I load up HOME.. its Really Slow.. id say booting up HOME takes about at least 5-8 minutes before you see everyones Cloths and in the Room you Want to be in.

+ NighTMarELorD on February 24th, 2010 at 3:42 pm said:

more bs for the pot of STEW that is ps@home? giving the guys who pretend to be GIRLS more ammo and virtual gear eh? lol. i concur with “stardeth” Not impressed.

+ yukiboy23 on February 24th, 2010 at 3:42 pm said:

MAN!!!!!!!!
so much AWSOME!!!!!!!!!! stuff coming tomorrow thanks SCEA

+ xX_ROCKY_ONE_Xx on February 24th, 2010 at 3:44 pm said:

A bit of a letdown.

+ fodawim on February 24th, 2010 at 3:44 pm said:

whats this I hear of a home version 1.35 released in EU?

+ Ramage on February 24th, 2010 at 3:46 pm said:

Public voice chat please. That is all, have a good day.

+ megamixer on February 24th, 2010 at 3:47 pm said:

Another money-grab update instead of one that fixes things? That truly is the state of HOME.

“If you’re an UNCHARTED fan (which you are – everybody is!)”

Speak for yourself…

+ Hobartbob on February 24th, 2010 at 3:48 pm said:

I am excited about the Uncharted gear.
Been waiting for that for a long time. Now if we can just get some Heavy Rain stuff, that would be awesome.

+ ztheskater on February 24th, 2010 at 3:51 pm said:

what about irem are you guys ever going to finish bringing everything over?

+ Sir_Gunnalot on February 24th, 2010 at 3:52 pm said:

I find it amusing that all you guys are complaining, saying you’re not impressed. The EU region’s update tomorrow consists of……..a few tshirts. Like usual. Wish we had game outfits. In fact, I wish we had even a fraction of what the US have, coz it would mean we would actually have some content.

And #26 fodawim, if 1.35 was to be released in the EU, it would be (a) released worldwide, as all versions of Home use the same software, and (b) it would’ve been picked up on in the EU forums.

+ FireDragonGod on February 24th, 2010 at 3:54 pm said:

(^_^)

+ PaperCarrier on February 24th, 2010 at 3:56 pm said:

Business will fly once Home gets it’s much needed speed boost as well as the commonly requested technical enhancements from the community.

+ jin-zou on February 24th, 2010 at 3:57 pm said:

Are we ever going to get Demon’s Souls armors?

Japan Home has gotten them for a year now. I’ve been waiting since i saw them back then. I don’t see how it’s a problem for them to make something that’s been released for that long here.

+ homeboy79 on February 24th, 2010 at 3:58 pm said:

“If you’re like me and your closets are overflowing with all the awesome new virtual items we release each and every week in PlayStation Home”

…lol…My closets are pretty full, but most likely not even close to being as full as yours… especially since you probably get your items for free!

This update doens’t really have anything I’m interested in, but I guess its pretty good update for those who still care about socom and warhawk. I know a few of them are out there, but not many.

I too, am very disappointed that there are no Heavy Rain items this week. L_S, can you please inform us if there are any Heavy Rain items on the way?

Thanks!

+ fodawim on February 24th, 2010 at 3:59 pm said:

oh wait nvm its just a new home client for EU CB testers sooo looks like our next home version will be 1.35 soon

+ Maverick10 on February 24th, 2010 at 4:06 pm said:

if it has Uncharted or WARHAWK on it…i’ll buy it lol

+ Phake on February 24th, 2010 at 4:06 pm said:

Thanks Magnus Keynes, do you have a PSN we could find so we know where you are in HOME?

Locust_Star's Avatar

+ Locust_Star on February 24th, 2010 at 4:34 pm said:

It\’s \”Magnus_Keynes\”…

+ footballrule on February 24th, 2010 at 4:06 pm said:

Awesome, thanks Locust_Star! :D
Can you confirm how much the Nathan Drake outfit will be? And will it be a bundle?

Thanks!

+ Keyeszx on February 24th, 2010 at 4:10 pm said:

Man after last week my wallet is as flat as paper. I’m gonna have to rob a bank since I heard lucas arts say they’re releasing more stuff also, unless that is a later week.

Although the costumes do look pretty ugly, couldn’t really capture drake and chloe.

+ PaperCarrier on February 24th, 2010 at 4:16 pm said:

My wallet and I are both crushed under the
great pile of “purchased content” that Home
needs to verify each time I login and load.

+ D1renegade on February 24th, 2010 at 4:24 pm said:

I find it funny how someone can complain about Home when it’s free,optional, and is still in it’s BETA phase. I’m sure everything thats been promised to us will be there once Home gets out of beta. Keep up the good work home team

+ Subtenko on February 24th, 2010 at 4:26 pm said:

for HEAVY RAIN content, you could introduce a weather feature…rain LOL

What ya think sony? idk just trying to be creative

+ Skater_Ricky on February 24th, 2010 at 4:30 pm said:

@ D1renegade were not Complaining about anything.. were putting our two since in it.. to make it a Better Expreince for the Rest of PlayStation Network. And for our Future PSN buddies that join the Better side of Gaming.

We All Know its Free and Optional and would like to see the things Improve in HOME.. with out our Comments they wont know what needs to be worked on and what doesnt got that.

So Please Feel Free to Post your Comments here on the PlayStation BLOG because this is the best place to State your mind and Comments.

Your Welcome Skater_Ricky,

+ houdrummer on February 24th, 2010 at 4:38 pm said:

I couldn’t agree with you more subtenko!
Can’t wait for tomorrows update. see yall on home!

+ DirtyRatFacedGit on February 24th, 2010 at 4:40 pm said:

Greetings Locust_Star
*bows*

Thank you for the information download.

It will be a glorious update indeed.

*bows*

+ CherylRose on February 24th, 2010 at 4:41 pm said:

Seriously need things that were announced for home in the very beginning. ie. Public voice chat, streaming music and video, if the trophy room only showed platinum trophies it’d still be awesome. Also changing clothes without the wardrobe thing would be nice.

Also the home avatars are underused, I spent a lot of money on clothes for my avatar and I wanna show it off, take some hints from the other guys and incorporate them more into stuff.

I have been using this service since closed beta and I just can’t believe how little has progressed, picture frames and cameras are the only good things that have come.

+ CruzaderXL on February 24th, 2010 at 4:42 pm said:

I heard something cool about Home Beta(Closed UK Beta)…L_S could you elaborate if US players will get an invite via Qore or what??

+ jeffsmither on February 24th, 2010 at 5:05 pm said:

Is there any spaces on sale?

+ eaferrari24 on February 24th, 2010 at 5:32 pm said:

L_S

PLEASE fix the loading times… i despise logging into home these days

also fix sodium… i have yet to be able to experience it because i am one of the few with the “connection to data server lost” issue… please READ the thread in the sodium forums… its been 2 months now and not a word or attempt fix.

PAGE 1 2