PS4-The Order

God of War III Goes Gold, E3 Demo Now on PSN and New Gameplay Revealed Tonight on Spike’s GTTV!

Anthony Caiazzo's Avatar + Posted by Anthony Caiazzo on Feb 25, 2010 // Senior Product Marketing Manager, SCEA

Yes the rumors floating around the net are true. Everyone is very excited to share the news that God of War III has gone gold and will bring the chaos to stores on March 16.

We also are happy to announce that starting today, the God of War III E3 Demo is now available to download on the PlayStation Store. Just in time before the big release, get your hands on the epic demo that all the fans have been talking about.

And if you just can’t get enough of God of War news today, Geoff Keighley will reveal new gameplay footage tonight during Spike’s GameTrailers TV. Make sure to set your DVR to catch exclusive interviews with the Santa Monica Studio team, behind the scenes footage and new gameplay to top it all off. DIRECTV customers can see it at 9:30 PM EST/PST, and cable customers can watch at 12:30 AM EST/PST.

Thanks again to all the fans for the support. Stay tuned for more announcements in the coming weeks.

PAGE 1 2

+ Karsghul on February 25th, 2010 at 10:27 pm said:

Just saw the GTTV episode…

It all looks so Amazing. The texture detail and animations on Kratos are truly stunning to look at!

The hermit boots seem like a lot of fun to use i hope it’s easy to control Kratos while using ‘em.

Big congrats to Santa Monica on finishing up the game and i just can’t wait to get my hangs on it! :)

+ eddieMX07 on February 25th, 2010 at 10:30 pm said:

I’m thinking the same thing as GuardianFID. All the gameplay scenes are jut mind blowing. I mean that even looked good on my SD tv but HD would look insane. And here is a thought: GOD OF WAR 3 in 3D. Is it possible yes definitely will it happen I think so.

+ xBlackBloodx on February 25th, 2010 at 10:48 pm said:

Hey Sony,

Will you be confirming or denying a LE GoW III PS3 anytime soon?

I need to know so i can get one soon if you aren’t, my PS3 broke and i just got Heavy Rain.

Please say something SOON!!!

+ muzzar69 on February 25th, 2010 at 11:31 pm said:

this the same demo that codes were given out for or a different one?
if its the same one, is it at least from a new build?
im dying to get my hands on some new gameplay, the E3 one is old, give us a new taster!

+ Qmoney88 on February 25th, 2010 at 11:43 pm said:

I cant believe what I just witnessed, totally wasnt prepared for that. God of war 3 is going to be more epic then I could have ever imagined, unbelievable. Sony santa monica, you guys are amazing. I love you.

+ cory077 on February 26th, 2010 at 12:10 am said:

GOW3 is badass

+ Gclickbang1 on February 26th, 2010 at 12:24 am said:

Thank you Sony for having such an awesome game like “God Of War 3″ on the Playstation 3. I have my pre-order ready an waiting 18 more days :).I am primed and ready to watch this preview . Thanks agian also Anthony Caiazzo // Product Marketing Manager, SCEA
,Thanks
Playstation loyal Fan & G.A.P member
Warren Jones

+ Qmoney88 on February 26th, 2010 at 12:51 am said:

Sony needs to kick advertising into high gear, I want to see this be one of the best selling ps3 games yet. Get it done sony, get it done

+ altair_killer on February 26th, 2010 at 1:27 am said:

WTFFFFFFF why the hell Ultimate edition went out of stock 18 days before release !!!! 0_0 damn sony you can’t do this with me : (

+ kareltje32 on February 26th, 2010 at 1:58 am said:

Santa monica studios you people are gods after seeing that footage. First person kills pure genius.

+ BD_Mr_Bubbles on February 26th, 2010 at 2:34 am said:

Footage was awesome, so glad I preordered the Ultimate Edition.

+ EmpireNO on February 26th, 2010 at 5:29 am said:

God of War 3 is pure awesomeness!!!

+ EmpireNO on February 26th, 2010 at 5:30 am said:

BTW, I also pre-ordered the Ultimate Trilogy Edition, can’t wait.

+ zombie9 on February 26th, 2010 at 5:31 am said:

Demo is cool! had it for awile now though LOL. Still no word on PS3 GOW 3with PS2 BC bundle the gods are saddend by your actions. :)

+ Bethanator5000 on February 26th, 2010 at 5:32 am said:

:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Most exciting thing of my lifeeee.

+ legalize on February 26th, 2010 at 5:42 am said:

this is CGI untill i see it on my screen @ home
i just cant believe it…

OMFG!!!

+ Sindred on February 26th, 2010 at 5:44 am said:

Watched the GT episode last night.

Who did you guys sell your soul to to make those graphics possible??

Ok, honest question… come on, be honest, it won’t affect anyone’s purchase.

Is EVERY cinematic running in Real-time? And by that I mean, is anything rendered in the game’s engine and played back as a movie? Or is it running in real time (like if the gamer had control of a camera, he could literally swing it around during the cinematic)? Because that stuff looked like some other game’s prerendereds.

+ Kaezul on February 26th, 2010 at 6:34 am said:

Just Wow.

+ r-nice on February 26th, 2010 at 7:03 am said:

The demo is great. Can’t wait to watch the GT TV episode.

+ MarinoBrea on February 26th, 2010 at 8:04 am said:

DEAR SONY AND SANTA MONICA STUDIOS:

You have to release a new God of War III demo that shows the true awesomeness of this GODsmacking game! Thanks for the E3 demo, but if you want to AUTOMATICALLY sell this game, you need a new truly epic demo, and while you’re at it attach the amazing footage you’ve shown this year.

+ EXTREME_rkmn on February 26th, 2010 at 8:17 am said:

Oh god I cant wait until monday to find out who won the Ultimate Fan contest!!!! I hope I am one of the winners!!!!

+ xiked on February 26th, 2010 at 8:41 am said:

It looks insane! Well done Santa Monica! This game sets the new standard for games on PS3. AMAZING graphics! just amazing! I really hope this is not the end of Kratos. Need more epic games :D

btw. SONY and first Party Studios, keep up the hard work of raising the bar for the graphics. It is so fun to see the bar get higher and higher. I buy every first party game and this is one of the reasons!

+ Zasten on February 26th, 2010 at 8:54 am said:

Awesome man I have downloaded the demo and man it is amazing

+ Gibeon_da_Soulja on February 26th, 2010 at 9:14 am said:

I watched and downloaded both sd and hd versions of the video and Ohh GOD of War!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant wait. Im so glad i have a ps3. wow this is crazy. I didnt sllep last night, how could I lol. Im still speechless of how epic this game is.

+ wu-stix on February 26th, 2010 at 9:15 am said:

Just watched it and it is epic. Looks like it will be the best thing out this year, but then again nothing has been said about the fall line up.

+ HazeBlaze on February 26th, 2010 at 9:59 am said:

HOLY [DELETED]!!! I started watching the GTTV special… I got about 5 min in and to stop b/c I started [DELETED]!!! INSANE!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you Sony. You have just made my year with this game… already have a pre-order, I will promptly go & pay it off in full!

P.S.
If Santa Monica needs a project to move on to after GOW… PLEASE let them pick up the reigns to Heavenly Sword. That game had a beautifully crafted story & Santa Monica OBVIOUSLY has the chops to mold the gameplay and graphics into something truly breathtaking.

+ XenoNative on February 26th, 2010 at 10:17 am said:

only $40 left on my ultimate edition pre order. oh yea!!!

+ TakumiM07 on February 26th, 2010 at 11:00 am said:

I’m happy for anyone who didn’t try this demo out before, but it makes me a little sad my Qore subscription perk for the previous month was… this exact demo which is being given out for free :|

+ FritoZ on February 26th, 2010 at 11:03 am said:

niiice!!!

been looking forward to this one, hope GOW3 sells a million more PS3′s!!

+ zombie_56 on February 26th, 2010 at 2:01 pm said:

man that footage was epic! but full of spoilers:(

+ BoNaFiDeBaDaSs21 on February 26th, 2010 at 2:10 pm said:

pumped for this!

+ phinnv8 on February 26th, 2010 at 2:44 pm said:

Finally got to play the GOW3 demo. I must say, it’s epic.

Bad Company 2, Final Fantasy XIII, and now God of War III in one month… no fair.

+ je29836 on February 26th, 2010 at 3:00 pm said:

kratos is gonna rip zeus’ head off and take a dump down his throat

+ Jeanse27 on February 26th, 2010 at 3:47 pm said:

CHAOS is good!!!!!!

+ wanethemane93 on February 26th, 2010 at 3:51 pm said:

Can’t wait!!!! GTTV footage has me even more excited. GOW 3 WILL ROCK SO HARD!!!!!!!

+ Kchow23 on February 26th, 2010 at 5:10 pm said:

Wow the GTTV EPISODE WAS INSANE

+ remanutd5 on February 26th, 2010 at 5:17 pm said:

In The End There Will Be Only Chaos!!!! im with number 76 after the Ghost Of Sparta EPIC FINALE sony santa monica studios should been given Heavenly Sword 2: Nariko’s Resurrection green light lol , we want Heavenly Sword 2 after God of Warrrrrrrrrrrrrrr 3

+ Danny_Death on February 26th, 2010 at 7:04 pm said:

dude i just played that demo. it is like the most BADASS demo ive EVER PLAYED! Great job guys this will be 2010′s GAME!

+ Rylone1 on February 26th, 2010 at 7:23 pm said:

@Zinx99 Same as me!

+ XxunicronxX on February 26th, 2010 at 10:16 pm said:

GAME IS LOOKING GREAT!!!! CANT WAIT:)

+ lovehatesmisery on February 27th, 2010 at 5:54 am said:

more like a spoiler video… stopped it half-way.

+ Geodandg on February 27th, 2010 at 8:54 pm said:

finally!!!

+ Julioakapaco1 on February 28th, 2010 at 7:30 am said:

I cant wait for the full game i got the poster when i pre-ordered the game its so cool.

+ jj_spaceman on March 1st, 2010 at 5:59 am said:

I know various retailers (amazon.com, buy.com, gamestop, etc.) are no longer taking pre-orders for the Ultimate Edition, so I was wondering if there would be more supplied, or if it were limited and that was it. Thanks. Can’t wait to play it. Looks phenomenal.

+ jamescorbett on March 3rd, 2010 at 6:39 pm said:

The demo was awesome, One of the best demos I’ve played And the GTTV Footage was amazing can’t wait til the 16th

PAGE 1 2