PS4-Infamous

MLB 10: The Show Joe Mauer Trailer, Themes & Best Buy Demo

Chris Munson's Avatar + Posted by Chris Munson on Feb 25, 2010 // Product Marketing Manager, SCEA

We want to let you know that have a lot of new MLB 10: The Show stuff for you.

First off is the new trailer featuring our 2010 cover athlete Joe Mauer. See why he’s the reigning 2009 AL MVP and one of the best players to ever play at the position of catcher. Included is his epic diving play at Yankee Stadium last year.

We also want to let you know that the first set of MLB 10: The Show XMB themes are available later today on the Playstation Store for both PS3 and PSP. This first release covers all of the American League East and National League West teams.

AL East

Baltimore Orioles
    Boston Red Sox
    New York Yankees
    Tampa Bay Rays
    Toronto Blue Jays

NL West

Arizona Diamondbacks
    Colorado Rockies
    Los Angeles Dodgers
    San Diego Padres
    San Francisco Giants

The best thing, these MLB XMB themes are entirely free! So you can represent your favorite team without spending a single penny. Information on more themes that we’ll be launching in the very near future, so stand by.

Last, but certainly not least for those of you who simply cannot wait until launch day to play The Show Best Buy’s “Play It First” program is here for you. At select Best Buy locations across the country (845 participating in all), the “Play It First” section of the store will be reserved specifically for MLB 10 The Show. Here, you’ll be able to take the game out for a test ride. Best of all this program has already started, so you can start playing the game today. Check to see if your local Best Buy is participating in this new program.

Enjoy!

PAGE 1 2 3

+ me3889 on February 26th, 2010 at 1:21 pm said:

i work at gs and ive been telling 1st time customers to not even bother cause sony doesnt really care for you,with no demo to play theres no way for them to decide

+ reersh9 on February 26th, 2010 at 9:02 pm said:

@101 The fact that you work at Gamestop says it all: you’re a moron. It’s not that Sony doesn’t care for their customers but they just seem to make poor decisions just like Nintendo and Microsoft have done as well. Don’t be an idiot — though I’m extremely upset about the lack of a demo thus far, this game is FAR too good to pass up. Literally, it is the best sports game period. Soccer/basketball are monotonous, hockey and football have become too intricate and focus too much on the little things rather than overall gameplay. All other sports games have HORRIBLE graphics. Again, just keep your mouth shut with customers. Most of us know not to trust a GS clerk anyway. Stick to stocking the games and screwing us over with trade-in prices; don’t venture/share your opinions at all.

+ jondiesel21 on February 26th, 2010 at 11:26 pm said:

I was disappointed about the demo, but no worry. I’m buying the game regardless.

+ lesscan on February 27th, 2010 at 12:32 am said:

@ ThEReaL32…. WOW! Thats alot of trophies! Thanks for posting that!

+ BaltimorezMVP on February 27th, 2010 at 8:59 pm said:

went to bb today played mlb 10 hands down best sports game this year i downloaded 2k10 demo on xbox not even close im so happy i have a ps3…

+ ThEReAL32 on February 28th, 2010 at 3:04 pm said:

Thank you.lesscan for the comment.

+ Commando_Bo on March 4th, 2010 at 11:45 am said:

Man …What a bummer… no demo. After I’ve had to send in my ps3 twice now for repair and now this. they drop the ball and not release a demo and now the games out and still no demo. Im starting to think Sony could care less about its gamers. this keeps up and Im trading my PS3 for an XBOX 360. At least they know how to put demos out before the release of the game. More and More Bad Customer Relations from Sony. I’ve been with sony systems since psone and I gotta tell you Im about done.

+ dta151 on March 5th, 2010 at 8:18 pm said:

Is there going to be a demo for this or what?I got the 2K10 demo and if there isnt going to be a show demo I will just have to get 2k10 because I know I like it and I have played it now.I would like to play the show first to make sure its not better but I cant keep waiting if there isnt going to be a demo.Anyone know the answer?

+ Apparition29 on March 14th, 2010 at 4:06 pm said:

I like that they gave out free themes, the only issue that I have is the Twins theme actually has the Cubs logo and background. It would have been nice if someone double checked that.

PAGE 1 2 3