PS4 - Destiny

Warhawk on PSN for $14.99 (Bwhaaa?!?)

Dylan Jobe's Avatar + Posted by Dylan Jobe on Feb 25, 2010 // President, LightBox Interactive

It’s been so long since I’ve posted here on the blog it feels like a bazillion years ago!

OK, maybe not a bazillion but… its more than two years after our initial release and tons of players around the world are still having a blast playing Warhawk. We in the industry call that “sticky” and I assure you it’s not as gross as it sounds ;-)

But we want even more players to enjoy the fun of Warhawk’s fast-paced warfare, So…

I’m posting here today is to announce a sale of inflatable gorilla proportions! Starting today here in the United States, you’ll be able to download Warhawk for $14.99!

BWHAAAA?!?!

And…the Booster Packs are just $4.99 each (or you can get all three expansions for $9.99)

Omega Dawn Booster Pack

Operation: Broken Mirror

Operation: Fallen Star

Now of course it’s for a LIMITED TIME as all great offers are, so you’ve got only two weeks to get your hands on one of the best multiplayer games on the PS3 for only $14.99.

We can’t wait to have a bunch of new players join our community and if you’re a Warhawk player that just hasn’t picked up all the Boosters — Now’s the perfect time!

A lot has changed for us over the last year — we started our new studio LightBox Interactive, moved to Austin, and we’ve been cranking on the development of our new game that both our Warhawk fans *and* new players are going to love! The team and I are wicked excited about how it’s shaping up and we can’t wait to tell you all about it.

Be sure to stay tuned to the blog for more info on our upcoming game!

…and our next Warhawk Tournament :-)

Rock on,

-dylan

98 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ colonel007 on February 25th, 2010 at 1:34 pm said:

Dylan,

Are we going to hear some news of a new game this year from you guys?

+ WWESuperstar on February 25th, 2010 at 1:35 pm said:

This is really nice. You are in Austin? I’m a student at UT….Can I have a job? 8)

+ StuntF50 on February 25th, 2010 at 1:35 pm said:

So Starhawk is coming along well, I see.

+ Vaughn21 on February 25th, 2010 at 1:36 pm said:

Going to be hard to pass this one up.

+ Dice_for_Death_ on February 25th, 2010 at 1:37 pm said:

Warhawk was among my first PS3 purchases, shortly after buying my system. It’s still quite fun, and remains a personal favorite.

+ BurntOrange32 on February 25th, 2010 at 1:38 pm said:

Aweeeesome!!

But I already own Warhawk, now wanna leak a little info about your next game (Starhawk?)? :D

+ ilikemonkeys on February 25th, 2010 at 1:38 pm said:

I love you Dylan!!!!!!!!

Now gimme starhawk.

+ TheGuardianFID on February 25th, 2010 at 1:39 pm said:

DYLAN, whats up dude, long time no smell, kidding, :P you know I would love to buy all of this Warhawk goodness, but there’s a problem, I already have it, :P 8) but you can make it up to me by telling us what you’re working on!!! ;) 8D

+ Tr3p1dat10n on February 25th, 2010 at 1:40 pm said:

WANT WANT WANT.

How active is Warhawk still? I was thinking about getting it (disc version used for 13), but i was worried that it may not have that many people playing it still..

+ Ejsponge61 on February 25th, 2010 at 1:40 pm said:

Wo Ho! More people to play one of the best online experiences I’ve ever had! And, I hope all this sudden warhawk attention means Starhawk is coming soon!?!?!?!

+ ShadOforce on February 25th, 2010 at 1:41 pm said:

Warhawk was the first game I purchased on the PSN a few years ago and I must say it’s still the best game I’ve bought from the PSN store (along with its expansion packs).

Lookin’ forward to the new game!

+ Capt-Fury- on February 25th, 2010 at 1:41 pm said:

Starhawk Starhawk Starhawk!

welcome back Dylan!

+ dragonmagician on February 25th, 2010 at 1:41 pm said:

Can’t wait to Starhawk.

+ CruzaderXL on February 25th, 2010 at 1:42 pm said:

STARHAWK

Nuff said…

+ goose_7 on February 25th, 2010 at 1:43 pm said:

i wish i could wipe my memory clean of all the fun times i had in warhawk and rebuy this game and all of its expansion packs and have those awesome experiences all over again.

Hopefully the guys at LightBox Interactive are working on a new warhawk or something along the same vein.

+ Ghettocarpenter on February 25th, 2010 at 1:43 pm said:

Warhawk is top 5 online game of all time in my opinion. Hope you guys have some great news at E3.

+ IPoopyStandingUp on February 25th, 2010 at 1:44 pm said:

Bwhaaaa?!?

+ Draicus on February 25th, 2010 at 1:45 pm said:

I already have Warhawk and all of the boosters soooooo… I heard your new game is called Battle Lemurs: Tails of Two Worlds.

Confirm?

+ BeerManMike on February 25th, 2010 at 1:45 pm said:

What? thats it? How about Warhawk + all boosters for $14.99 or even $19.99? It’s fun and all (demo) but this cow is all out of milk.

+ Link01 on February 25th, 2010 at 1:46 pm said:

I want to be second to ask … Starhawk ? common, throw a bone :p

+ Pr1m3_5u5p3ct on February 25th, 2010 at 1:47 pm said:

It has been awhile since I have played warhawk. I attempted to play it a week ago, it gave me an error. Said that I could no longer play this game or something. Do I have to call Sony?

+ Violater on February 25th, 2010 at 1:50 pm said:

Dylan my fav PS3 Dev Poster of all time.

+ VincentVendetta on February 25th, 2010 at 1:51 pm said:

Time to see noobs gets totally decimated by anyone that was still playing it every week or so.

+ virusiidx on February 25th, 2010 at 1:52 pm said:

Great news to those who don’t already own Warhawk, it’s definitely worth a purchase. Warhawk is one of my all-time favourites! :)

+ mywhitenoise on February 25th, 2010 at 1:52 pm said:

Dylan YOU NEED TO ADD DOUBLE XP DAYS!

Too many people are leaving because of other games, and because of the impossibly high standards of ranking up.

I plan on coming back to Warhawk after I complete FXIII and GOWIII, Ihave unfinished business with this game, and I’m near a platinum…but double XP days would pull me in a lot quicker. Hell, I might even buy the PSN version if you guys did that.

+ HarveyX on February 25th, 2010 at 1:57 pm said:

Are you guys going to be at E3? may be tease us ? *Wink* *Wink*

Warhawk was the first or second game I bought for my PS3 in 2007. Had so much fun playing split screen with all my friends. You guys rule!

+ zombie_56 on February 25th, 2010 at 1:58 pm said:

agree with 25 double xp is all i need to get back in the game!

+ FireZombie on February 25th, 2010 at 1:59 pm said:

Great to see you back! It better be EPIC! Can’t wait!
:P

+ Enforcer_X on February 25th, 2010 at 1:59 pm said:

Double XP and spill the beans on the new game!
YEAH!

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on February 25th, 2010 at 2:01 pm said:

Make it so that it’s easier to get platinum on starhawk.

+ Seeing_Red_Again on February 25th, 2010 at 2:01 pm said:

Dylan, I’ve been playing Warhawk for almost 3 years and I’m dieing to see what your next game is going to be!

Any hints at all? It’s my most anticipated PS3 game and I don’t even know what it is lol.

Could you confirm or deny the name “Starhawk” at least?

+ KSPRAYDAD on February 25th, 2010 at 2:01 pm said:

As I mentioned in the past..I can’t justify buying online only games but I applaud how you supported this one.

I dearly hope that your new game has a single player aspect so that you can earn some of my money.

All the best and yes…it HAS been a billion years since you posted.

+ jBat17 on February 25th, 2010 at 2:04 pm said:

dylan, i remember that you gave us clues and hints about the boosters back then here in the blog. please do the same for your upcoming game. something like warhawk + outer space = ??? would suffice.

+ bigdaddykraven on February 25th, 2010 at 2:05 pm said:

I still love playing your game from time to time, just not so at some of the medals and will likely never level up :P

Hey yeah, a double XP weekend every now and then would help to draw fans in from time to time I’m sure. Maybe just make some “special rooms” that do it?

Anyway, great game and can’t wait to see what you’ve done now!

+ mafecto on February 25th, 2010 at 2:06 pm said:

If you don’t own this game already BUY IT!
I got Warhawk right after I got my PS3 in 07 and it became an obsession. My wife and I played it non-stop,taking turns, everyday for well over a year. It was addiction at it’s most pure. It’s perfectly balanced and one of the best multiplayer games I’ve ever played.

Dylan, props for making such an awesome game. Where’s the sequel????????

+ jimmyfoxhound on February 25th, 2010 at 2:07 pm said:

BWHAAAA?!?!?! o_0

Sorry, that wasn’t because of the price reduction. I just had a spider crawl across my keyboard! Whew…

+ Dardantuan on February 25th, 2010 at 2:07 pm said:

Lots of cool stuff and deals out in todays update so far… I’m keeping my fingers crossed on some good new stuff for my PSP Go. The last couple of months of crummy PSP Go support have left me a little disappointed.

+ reson8er on February 25th, 2010 at 2:09 pm said:

Dylan, It’s been too long! Miss your posts on the blog, welcome back!

+ mixedkidbx on February 25th, 2010 at 2:10 pm said:

I havnt played this game in a long time but i did have fun with it when i used to play it a lot back in the day. Mind you when i say i enjoyed it that means something cuz im not a big shooter fan at all.

I do wish there was a way to take my disc based game and turn it into a HDD game without having to buy it all over again.

+ Jezer29 on February 25th, 2010 at 2:11 pm said:

Dylan for the love of God, throw us a bone here on the you know what.. Its my birthday, my dog just died, I got stacks of wine for ya.. Something.. E3??? a link, a hint something.. Email me, text me, shoot a flare up, a smoke signal.. I’m dying here man!!! Lmao

+ poodude on February 25th, 2010 at 2:12 pm said:

I haven’t played Warhawk in such a long time, maybe I’ll play again this weekend. I really can’t wait for your next game!

+ Nubricator on February 25th, 2010 at 2:13 pm said:

Warhawk the best game you can play with your pants on. It has ruined me to all other games. I have five AAA titles still sitting in their shrink-wrap waiting for me to peal myself away from warhawk.

It’s just that good.

I pity the nubes who are joining now. Let me just say… stick with it, it’s worth it. Stay in the green servers until you get the hang of things, but even there there are a lot of jerks who set up alternate accounts just to pound on the new guys.

I wouldn’t hold your breath for any teasers during this promotion. This is a move to get another last burst of revenue from this title before people gear up for the sequel. Of course Mr. Jobe could always prove me wrong ;-)

+ nickjd331 on February 25th, 2010 at 2:16 pm said:

I just had to post as I really love warhawk, I keep going back to it no matter what new games I get. One of the best games i’ve played.

I’m really looking forward to your new game (Starhawk?)

I’m still wondering why you created Lightbox, and didn’t stick with Incognito, but as long as you and your team still make great games I don’t mind.

+ Bowdz on February 25th, 2010 at 2:18 pm said:

Warhawk is still one of the best multiplayer experiences I had played to date and it is great to see you guys getting more people involved.

I wish you and the team at Lightbox the best can’t wait to finally see Starhawk announced!

+ issa3032 on February 25th, 2010 at 2:20 pm said:

Hey Dylan,
I’ve already owned Warhawk on Blu-ray disc for the past two years (since launch) and I would love to buy it again on PSN for $14.99 so I can always play it without having to put in the disc. If I do that will my previously bought DLC still work? Also will all my trophies carry over? I better not have two sets of Warhawk trophies!!!!!!!!!!!

+ TRIX_BOL on February 25th, 2010 at 2:20 pm said:

Are the booster packs cheaper for a limited time too?

+ robertmc8 on February 25th, 2010 at 2:21 pm said:

Final great game to download with price-cut :).

+ Chase167 on February 25th, 2010 at 2:27 pm said:

starhawk starhawk starhawk starhawk starhawk starhawk starhawk starhawk starhawk starhawk

+ ynp7 on February 25th, 2010 at 2:29 pm said:

Does anyone still play this one? Yeah it was pretty fun but even a year ago it was mostly long-time players who seemed to be playing and that made it a lot less fun.

PAGE 1 2