PS4-Watch_Dogs

Warhawk on PSN for $14.99 (Bwhaaa?!?)

Dylan Jobe's Avatar + Posted by Dylan Jobe on Feb 25, 2010 // President, LightBox Interactive

It’s been so long since I’ve posted here on the blog it feels like a bazillion years ago!

OK, maybe not a bazillion but… its more than two years after our initial release and tons of players around the world are still having a blast playing Warhawk. We in the industry call that “sticky” and I assure you it’s not as gross as it sounds ;-)

But we want even more players to enjoy the fun of Warhawk’s fast-paced warfare, So…

I’m posting here today is to announce a sale of inflatable gorilla proportions! Starting today here in the United States, you’ll be able to download Warhawk for $14.99!

BWHAAAA?!?!

And…the Booster Packs are just $4.99 each (or you can get all three expansions for $9.99)

Omega Dawn Booster Pack

Operation: Broken Mirror

Operation: Fallen Star

Now of course it’s for a LIMITED TIME as all great offers are, so you’ve got only two weeks to get your hands on one of the best multiplayer games on the PS3 for only $14.99.

We can’t wait to have a bunch of new players join our community and if you’re a Warhawk player that just hasn’t picked up all the Boosters — Now’s the perfect time!

A lot has changed for us over the last year — we started our new studio LightBox Interactive, moved to Austin, and we’ve been cranking on the development of our new game that both our Warhawk fans *and* new players are going to love! The team and I are wicked excited about how it’s shaping up and we can’t wait to tell you all about it.

Be sure to stay tuned to the blog for more info on our upcoming game!

…and our next Warhawk Tournament :-)

Rock on,

-dylan

98 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ chemicalgroom on February 25th, 2010 at 2:29 pm said:

Great deal! For those of you don’t have Warhawk already, pick it up and come join us at the Playstation Warhawk forum — the folks there will share tips and even offer to mentor you as you learn the game.

Thanks, Dylan!

+ ACEsqadron on February 25th, 2010 at 2:29 pm said:

looks good…..i never actually played it but i heard good things about it lol….i might jus buy it to see wat its like

+ ACEsqadron on February 25th, 2010 at 2:31 pm said:

looks good…i might jus buy it to see wat its like

+ CrimsonFox13 on February 25th, 2010 at 2:32 pm said:

Dylan I LOVE YOU.

Announce your new game soon!

+ gta_4 on February 25th, 2010 at 2:32 pm said:

:O last atempt on selling as much warhawk stuff be before warhawk 2 is announced??

+ RuthlessEd on February 25th, 2010 at 2:34 pm said:

Cripes, maybe this promotion will inject some new blood into the mix…and make it accessible again.

It got to a point where if you didn’t dedicate your entire life to the game, you simply couldn’t compete with the hardcore players.

I played for nearly a year, but then abandoned it altogether (as did many casual players).

Even the lowest-level servers always seemed to be packed with experts. Their skills were far beyond their ranking.

Great game though. Just wish the skill balancing was better.

+ Airwalkinman17 on February 25th, 2010 at 2:37 pm said:

DYLAN PLEASE READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DYLAN PLEASE READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DYLAN PLEASE READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just have to say Thank you from the bottom of my heart for releasing such a gem as WARHAWK. I joined the warhawk community kinda late, like eight months ago, and I must say that this is one of the best multiplayer experiences EVER. You can always go back to have a fun varied experience. Whatever you guys are working on next you best believe i’ll be ready for it day 1!!!

But one more thing! Please include split-screen multiplayer the same way you did with Warhawk. I have friends and family who like to come over and play games with me and this was the number one feature for us in this game. Even if the game takes a slight hit in the graphics WE DON’T CARE just throw it in their anyways!!!!!!!!!!! Not enough developers are doing it nowadays.

Simple formula for a fun game:
Awesome Game + Split-Screen = EPIC WIN!

Thank YOU!

+ KingBroly on February 25th, 2010 at 2:37 pm said:

Warhawk is in desperate need of a 10x XP weekend.

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on February 25th, 2010 at 2:45 pm said:

Yeah Long Tyme No See..Dylan..i have 2 request for the next WARHAWK game-which i LOVE and still play..but i have yet to be a general ANYWHO..request# 1.PLEASE..PLEASE have a CAMPAIGN ..yes we love to play ONLINE..but I’m sure..no POSITIVE it would’ve sold more copies if it had a campaign/story to it.IMO #2 is to PLEASE ..FIX THE RADAR..I’m was so getting tired of Warhawks ganging up on me ON FOOT..its ridiculous..and UNFAIR- yeah we have rocket launchers but they dont lock on as fast as you’d hope they did :/.Well those are just MY suggestions,besides that KEEP UP THE FANTASTIC WORK!

+ BigBoss712 on February 25th, 2010 at 2:47 pm said:

looking forward to your next game. ;)

+ Blkant on February 25th, 2010 at 2:47 pm said:

Sooo, any news on your next game :D

Pleaaaaase?

+ explosive78 on February 25th, 2010 at 2:54 pm said:

Great, cant wait for the next game from you guys. I am expecting greatness

+ Enigma777 on February 25th, 2010 at 2:54 pm said:

When are we going to see Starhawk get announced? E3? GDC? I really can’t wait for it!

+ OnslaughtCometh on February 25th, 2010 at 2:55 pm said:

Include single player in Starhawk.

+ crusher915 on February 25th, 2010 at 3:13 pm said:

“Starting today here in the United States” and coming later to the uk???

+ unrealgamer38 on February 25th, 2010 at 3:28 pm said:

dylan starhawk!!!!!!!!!! please!!!!!!!

+ Darkos87 on February 25th, 2010 at 3:48 pm said:

Dylan, did you include any hidden nuggets of information for your next game in this post? Please, entertain us.

And is it going to appeal to fans of…
Star Wars? :)

+ z__AK on February 25th, 2010 at 3:49 pm said:

Warhawk was so 2007…

+ GTAChuck on February 25th, 2010 at 3:57 pm said:

I was considering getting this and now I will.
YAY SALES!

+ Mini_Sal on February 25th, 2010 at 4:13 pm said:

My dearest Mr. Jobe,
Although you did not pick my taxi cab idea for the design contest, I feel as though our relationship has moved on from that low point. Warhawk has brought me many hours of pleasure (as well as myriad hours of frustration) and I would like to thank you for that. As for your upcoming game, what will be the criteria to become a beta tester? Personally after the buggy launch of Warhawk I hope you and your team have thought up a way to get a good group of dedicated & honest players *cough*platinumholders*cough*
Will be keeping an eye out for your next announcement, rock on!
~Mini_Sal

+ D-Squad3 on February 25th, 2010 at 4:16 pm said:

Warhawk 2???

+ TubaDude49 on February 25th, 2010 at 4:23 pm said:

New Game! Also, does the name change mean that Incognito is currently Incognito

+ KNRasengan on February 25th, 2010 at 4:25 pm said:

Warhawk is my #1 Game! I introduced my friend into it and he loved it! Get ready for….. STARHAWK!!!!!!!

+ rAdIOhEad73 on February 25th, 2010 at 4:34 pm said:

So no info on Starhawk till E3?
Very well Mr. Dylan, see you at E3!

+ silver425 on February 25th, 2010 at 4:36 pm said:

Anyone wanna join the Silver Shadows? Send me a PS message. =)

+ J-Skee on February 25th, 2010 at 4:53 pm said:

OMG Dylan, you don’t understand how much you just made my day. I’ve recently lost my Warhawk disc & I can’t find it to save my life. I was going to continue searching but for only $15 I’ll just buy it again. And this game is so worth buying again. In my opinion, it is THE BEST multiplayer experience on the PS3. I absolutely cannot wait to jump back into the game. Thanks a bunch!

+ Army_of_Lefty on February 25th, 2010 at 4:56 pm said:

will those of us that bought it and the packs on psn get a refund for the price drop?

+ Sekoku on February 25th, 2010 at 4:57 pm said:

Warhawk for $15 is great.

But the newbie servers need to be moved up a bit. Reaching General is easy if you play the game for a bit and do zones. After that point you reach veteran players and it stops being fun.

+ KILLZONE79 on February 25th, 2010 at 4:57 pm said:

Welcome back dylan glad to see you back here on the blog :)

+ acYdbyne19 on February 25th, 2010 at 5:05 pm said:

Nice to hear from you again, Dylan. I hope that your posts become more frequent (Please Sony and Lightbox announce the game already). I love Warhawk and it has always been my de facto game to play with friends when they come over. Will your next game have split-screen online like Warhawk?

+ kuff1 on February 25th, 2010 at 5:29 pm said:

Hi Dylan I hope you can help me out.
I just got a new PS3 (the old one broke)and I’m having problems getting the Booster Packs to work on the new system. I’ve downloaded and installed the packs many times but they don’t show up in the game.

Anyway, the game rocks and I’m still flying around in my blood spattered contest winning Nemesis design :)

+ midnightshade on February 25th, 2010 at 6:38 pm said:

Warhawk is a blast!!! Best multiplayer shooter since battlefront2! I own all of these but can’t wait to see what the new games is!!!

+ BlackIceJoe on February 25th, 2010 at 7:25 pm said:

Please tell me you next game is a Warhawk Sequel and this time comes with a story mode. I would love to know why each side has it out for the other one.

+ Thrasher20 on February 25th, 2010 at 7:32 pm said:

Dylan man! I missed you!! It’s been too long!

I want to see a new Warhawk game! Hopefully with single player! I love WarhawK!

+ StaticFire on February 25th, 2010 at 9:59 pm said:

We Wan’t StarHawk! Everyone Chant with me! StarHawk! StarHawk! StarHawk! Oh come on Dylan when are you ever going to give us a trailer? I know your making it! Make sure you can swim in water in StarHawk!

+ starBlinky01 on February 25th, 2010 at 10:03 pm said:

I cant wait to play ‘warhawk in space’ I am definitely buying your next game. Also PLEASE include 4 player split screen like in warhawk! That was so awesome. Almost no games use this feature and I thought it was one of the best parts of playing warhawk. So many good times!

+ Gclickbang1 on February 26th, 2010 at 12:29 am said:

A masterpice ( Warhawk). I cant wait to play starhawk :)

+ NOTTULYS on February 26th, 2010 at 12:54 am said:

I think I shall buy this.

+ Englishman on February 26th, 2010 at 12:59 am said:

Warhawk is my favourite in-between game. I love to play all the best new releases, but when they’re done and finished, WarHawk welcomes me back with a grenade in the face and a flamethrower toasting my [DELETED]. Welcome back, Dylan. Great to hear from you, welcome to potential new WarHawkers – dive in, you’ll love it. It’s still a really busy game with plenty of people playing, and not all of them are as deadly as Cholera.

+ maddogmirc on February 26th, 2010 at 2:47 am said:

Wow, reading all the comments made me feel all fuzzy inside. There sure are a lot of players that love the game like I do.

What about the sequel??? (that’s what we really care about!)

I hope the long-time hardcore WH players will get to be beta testers of the new game. I bought the game in ’07, just recently crossed the 1000 hours mark and made general (wooohooo!), I’d really love to test the new game.

+ LETHARGIC474 on February 26th, 2010 at 5:52 am said:

Nice to hear from you, Dylan.

Good price for a good game.

+ XIIIWARRIOR on February 26th, 2010 at 12:44 pm said:

I think the time is near for that big announcement :-)

+ CDubyahS on February 26th, 2010 at 9:35 pm said:

wow is this the greatest hits version for half price?

+ Dkey11 on February 27th, 2010 at 1:29 pm said:

AAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now show us what starhawk will be like

+ kellgy on February 27th, 2010 at 8:02 pm said:

I am hooked on Warhawk. It’s the best game ever developed for the PS3, hands down. Keep up the great work at LightBox Interactive because the community at large can’t wait to get their hands on your next endeavor. I hope to get general and platinum before it comes out so take your time and get everything right. ;)

Many thanks Dylan for you and your team.

+ KidCommando on February 28th, 2010 at 8:56 am said:

Warhawk: The BEST multiplayer game on the PS3.

+ MaryMyFantasy on March 4th, 2010 at 5:30 pm said: