Horizon Zero Dawn

Feb 28

Feb 28

PlayStation Around the Web: What We Read

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar Posted by Sr. Social Media Manager

Programming note: the Blog will be down for an hour or two tonight (Pacific time), as we shuffle the color palette around a little bit. It’ll all make sense Monday morning. Oh, and have you happened to drop by the new PlayStation.com today? You definitely should.

The PS Blog weekly reading list (Week of February 22, 2010)

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

androvsky said:

February 28th, 12:17 pm

It’s been a crazy week for some fans. I appreciate that SCEA was nice enough to allow Yakuza 3 to be released subtitled (wish it were allowed in general), but even then it seems the game is too big to be fully localized. I don’t suppose there’s anything else that can be done? Maybe talk to Sega Japan about letting someone else handle Kenzan? Is there anything left the fans can do?

On a completely unrelated note (not really), the 10th anniversary of the PS2 is coming up. Should we expect anything special, at least for Sakura Wars, which appears to be the last major PS2 release?

jeremy23jacinto said:

February 28th, 12:19 pm

I love Heavy Rain and soon God of War III will be mine

jeremy23jacinto said:

February 28th, 12:21 pm

@ Jeff
Where is the official Facebook Fanpage of God of War III? Can you guess create one?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

February 28th, 4:33 pm

There are a number of FB fan pages out there for GoWIII, though none are official.

jeremy23jacinto said:

February 28th, 12:23 pm

BY the way i love the new design of the website

androvsky said:

February 28th, 12:24 pm

“Programming note: the Blog will be down for an hour or two tonight (Pacific time), as we shuffle the color palette around a little bit. It’ll all make sense Monday morning.”

U.S. finally getting white PS3s? :)

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

February 28th, 4:35 pm

You know, you readers never fail to impress me with how much you can read into something :-)

No, it\’s because the new PS.com site is white.

jeremy23jacinto said:

February 28th, 12:26 pm

and oh yeah the God of war Countdown is now 15 days not 16 days lol

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

February 28th, 4:35 pm

Well, two weeks from tomorrow, at midnight, a lot of people will be getting the game. We went back and forth on this one quite a bit!

sTaB_u_N_uR_i said:

February 28th, 12:30 pm

Good week in gaming.

Just finished Heavy Rain today.

(my goodness)

Jeff, any word on when we’ll hear more (or any) news about Fat Princess for the psp?

(im starving for any news about it….anything at all)

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

February 28th, 4:36 pm

The devs will be at GDC (week after next), so we\’ll definitely score an interview on the latest.

Nick-30 said:

February 28th, 12:39 pm

pumped for GOW 3

ghamdikh1 said:

February 28th, 12:49 pm

@Jeff Rubenstein

Can you kindly try to bring the flowing developers (or publishers) to talk about there games in the blog.

1-Gaijin Entertainment Corporation- Death Track: Resurrection

2-Team17 Software Ltd- Worms 2: Armageddon

3-Wanako Games- 3D Ultra™ Minigolf

4-Q Games- Pixel Junk Racers 2nd Lap

5-Sony Online Entertainment- Groovin’ Blocks

6-SEGA- After Burner Climax™

7-Creat Studios, Inc- Hamster Ball

8-Game Republic, Inc- Catan

9-inXile Entertainment- Super Stacker

ghamdikh1 said:

February 28th, 12:52 pm

@Jeff Rubenstein

any news on Final Fantasy XIII Playstation Home Space and Costumes is COMING TO USA.

Chat0076 said:

February 28th, 12:53 pm

I’m pretty pumped for God Of War III

thepatriots said:

February 28th, 12:54 pm

Very few games have blown my mind as much as GOWIII. MGS4, GT5p, KZ2 and UC2 are those games… but GOWIII takes the cake. I can’t believe how absolutely EPIC this game looks. Between Heavy Rain, BFBCII, and GOWIII it looks like I will be eating ramen all next month.

crusher915 said:

February 28th, 1:14 pm

there is no link to the blog on the new homepage and you don’t give any information about download size of games. And 1 more thing are you going to redesign the blog?

crusher915 said:

February 28th, 1:16 pm

lol there are allot of people that have Kratos as an avatar

crusher915 said:

February 28th, 1:20 pm

o wait skip that last comment. Anyway the blog is missing a reply system.

NEJI64 said:

February 28th, 1:26 pm

@Jeff..
any chance of getting the Just Cause 2 team on the Blog.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

February 28th, 4:37 pm

Well, I could ask them. What is it you\’d like to know?

PaperCarrier said:

February 28th, 1:30 pm

Great web site redesign but horrible forums.

Mobius_124 said:

February 28th, 1:42 pm

hoepfully this redesign will help bring new features in from the PSN to the site.

Kchow23 said:

February 28th, 1:48 pm

THERE WILL BE ONLY CHAOS

Koneesha said:

February 28th, 2:08 pm

Is this for premium features?

angelspawn77 said:

February 28th, 2:58 pm

GOW3 in 2 weeks!!! cant wait! thanks for the countdown Jeff, it really helps time seem to go by faster.

TubaDude49 said:

February 28th, 3:29 pm

So what’s a couple of hours in Central Time?

jayyy91 said:

February 28th, 3:31 pm

Nice site redesign. It’s definitely better than the old site but I’m not sure if I’m a fan of the “blocky” look. It’s alright for the homepage but once one of the left menu items gets pulled down, it looks a little strange. Hopefully we’ll start to get some more PSN features on the site as well, such as sending and receiving PSN messages via PS.com, etc. I’m also noticing quite a few grammar mistakes but that’s not really that important lol and I’m sure they’ll be corrected over time.

P.S. YEEEEAAAHHH CANADA!!! What a great game….

Tenan said:

February 28th, 3:32 pm

Last week was certainly surprising with the release of Grandia. So, just to be absolutely sure, how do we get developers to release their old PS1 games on the PSN? Looking back, there were a lot of gems back then.

SigmaGT said:

February 28th, 3:40 pm

GoW III demo was great! I didn’t have any interest in the game, but after playing, I’m really considering buying the bundle to see what the series is all about.

BigBoss712 said:

February 28th, 3:43 pm

hey Jeff could you help me here, Is psn down? is not letting me log in and can’t play the games i bought from psn, I’m a little worried, hope i wasn’t banned or anything.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

February 28th, 4:39 pm

You weren\’t banned, the PSN is down. I\’ll have updates when I receive them.

Kchow23 said:

February 28th, 3:55 pm

get ready Jeff CHAOS WILL RISE AGAIN

Ouren said:

February 28th, 4:02 pm

I hope Blade Kitten isn’t more than $7.

I spent all my PSN money on Uncharted and Valkyria DLC.

; ;

xplosneer said:

February 28th, 4:13 pm

Forums hurt my eyes, but the main site is much better.

GAP looks the same, surprise.

BlooodyCow said:

February 28th, 4:17 pm

Any news on the podcast? You guys said at the end of the month…well it is the end of the month :)
Also, why is the PSN down?

clupula668 said:

February 28th, 4:28 pm

Hey, anybody else having problems signing into the Playstation Network on their PS3? I keep getting an error message. I checked it out online and saw several forums where a lot of people are having the same error and they all got it within the hour. Anybody else having this?

Devil240Z said:

February 28th, 4:33 pm

Me and many people are getting a 8001050F error. and our clocks are off on our ps3s and trophies are disappearing.

I think its time for sony to tell us what is going on.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

February 28th, 6:31 pm

We\’re aware of the issue, and the engineers are looking into it. Thanks in advance for your patience.

coolasj19 said:

February 28th, 4:38 pm

Jeff

why cant i play some of my games now? i cant play Trine or Wipeout. not to mention a few others i havent tried. please give us a few more specifics so i can stop being paranoid.

Destiny89 said:

February 28th, 4:39 pm

Yeah guys a lot of people are having the same problem.. my trophies arent even unlocking now.. hopefully it will be back soon

clupula668 said:

February 28th, 4:42 pm

At least the fact that it’s a network error and not my refurbed PS3 makes me ease up a little. I restored my file system and still had the error and started to panic. I’m going to keep my system off until this gets resolved.

PirateThom said:

February 28th, 4:44 pm

It’s weird though, my best guess is that it’s firmware related… one of the newer firmwares hasn’t been coded to take into account Feb 2010 doesn’t have a 29th.

Corrupt themes
Unable to play games
Date and clock settings changes.
Unable to copy media to PS3.

Bit more than just PSN being down, but probably related (again, the date thing).

Just throwing that out there.

PirateThom said:

February 28th, 4:45 pm

PS – I’m in the UK and the issue seemed to happen to me right on Midnight GMT.

JesseHaysFL said:

February 28th, 4:45 pm

So officially PSN is down? Please respond.

I am about to flood sony customer support with calls as I am on a forum where there are about a hundred people freaking out…..

Jeff please give us an official post becase some of us addicts are freaking out without our fix…………

xplosneer said:

February 28th, 4:48 pm

I’m hearing this is a firmware issue. People not even connected to the internet with their PS3’s are having the date reset and themes corrupted.

I’ve also heard this is only a problem with “fat” PS3’s. Leap year issue?…. Fake leap year?

V_Ben said:

February 28th, 5:01 pm

whoa. this is a hell of an issue going on here with psn :-/

Chuckbait said:

February 28th, 5:02 pm

I turned off my ps3, ate dinner, turned it back on, and my time said dec 31 1999. And I could not reset time via internet or sign into psn. What is this nonsense??

V_Ben said:

February 28th, 5:03 pm

all of my dynamic themes are corrupted, and any games with trophy support that i want to play won’t work :-/

megamixer said:

February 28th, 5:04 pm

How is PSN down exactly when I can still log in via PSP? I’m even able to view the Pinball Heroes worldwide leaderboards which I assume also goes through PSN?

Chuckbait said:

February 28th, 5:06 pm

and my games don’t work. Critter Crunch for example…plays as though its still just the demo…………..

coolasj19 said:

February 28th, 5:08 pm

well yes. just like #34 i think its safe to assume this is a Febuary 28th issue. the leap year is not kind to the PS3. remarkable how something so simple can bring down a network and systems worldwide.

clupula668 said:

February 28th, 5:11 pm

Why don’t we all just wait until they either fix it or give us an official answer? In the meantime, just let the people we’re friends with in real life know there’s an issue. I refuse to believe that none of you don’t have real life things to do while we’re waiting to be able to play again. Us spreading rumors and speculation isn’t going to help us.

Xamindar said:

February 28th, 5:15 pm

Most of my games will not play, what is going on here? Is there some thing that tells my ps3 not to allow the games to run? If that’s true then that’s the last time I buy a psn game. If sony can just tell my system not to play them any more whenever they want. Bug or not, this is very bad. I’m curious to know the details of what happened.

Chuckbait said:

February 28th, 5:17 pm

@#17…..”THERE WILL BE ONLY CHAOS” ….did you know this was going to happen..?

Also, the only response we have now is, “You weren’t banned, the PSN is down.”

Never has the PSN “being down” caused the date and time to be reverted to 1999, or for the games on the hard drive to just stop working.

Please let us know what the issue is, and that you are working to resolve it. Thats all I would like to hear.

ILOVEPLASTATION3 said:

February 28th, 5:18 pm

This is like what happened when the year was about to turn 2000. WE’RE ALL GONNA DIE! :p This should all be fixed soon tho.

NightHawk479 said:

February 28th, 5:19 pm

I lost Uncharted 2 trophies. Will I get them back? I don’t know what else I lost as I logged off right away. Maybe you guys can put up an impromptu(?) blog on the subject?

PAGE 1 2