PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

PlayStation Around the Web: What We Read

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Feb 28, 2010 // Sr. Social Media Manager

Programming note: the Blog will be down for an hour or two tonight (Pacific time), as we shuffle the color palette around a little bit. It’ll all make sense Monday morning. Oh, and have you happened to drop by the new PlayStation.com today? You definitely should.

The PS Blog weekly reading list (Week of February 22, 2010)

PAGE 1 2

+ androvsky on February 28th, 2010 at 12:17 pm said:

It’s been a crazy week for some fans. I appreciate that SCEA was nice enough to allow Yakuza 3 to be released subtitled (wish it were allowed in general), but even then it seems the game is too big to be fully localized. I don’t suppose there’s anything else that can be done? Maybe talk to Sega Japan about letting someone else handle Kenzan? Is there anything left the fans can do?

On a completely unrelated note (not really), the 10th anniversary of the PS2 is coming up. Should we expect anything special, at least for Sakura Wars, which appears to be the last major PS2 release?

+ jeremy23jacinto on February 28th, 2010 at 12:19 pm said:

I love Heavy Rain and soon God of War III will be mine

+ jeremy23jacinto on February 28th, 2010 at 12:21 pm said:

@ Jeff
Where is the official Facebook Fanpage of God of War III? Can you guess create one?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on February 28th, 2010 at 4:33 pm said:

There are a number of FB fan pages out there for GoWIII, though none are official.

+ jeremy23jacinto on February 28th, 2010 at 12:23 pm said:

BY the way i love the new design of the website

+ androvsky on February 28th, 2010 at 12:24 pm said:

“Programming note: the Blog will be down for an hour or two tonight (Pacific time), as we shuffle the color palette around a little bit. It’ll all make sense Monday morning.”

U.S. finally getting white PS3s? :)

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on February 28th, 2010 at 4:35 pm said:

You know, you readers never fail to impress me with how much you can read into something :-)

No, it\’s because the new PS.com site is white.

+ jeremy23jacinto on February 28th, 2010 at 12:26 pm said:

and oh yeah the God of war Countdown is now 15 days not 16 days lol

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on February 28th, 2010 at 4:35 pm said:

Well, two weeks from tomorrow, at midnight, a lot of people will be getting the game. We went back and forth on this one quite a bit!

+ sTaB_u_N_uR_i on February 28th, 2010 at 12:30 pm said:

Good week in gaming.

Just finished Heavy Rain today.

(my goodness)

Jeff, any word on when we’ll hear more (or any) news about Fat Princess for the psp?

(im starving for any news about it….anything at all)

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on February 28th, 2010 at 4:36 pm said:

The devs will be at GDC (week after next), so we\’ll definitely score an interview on the latest.

+ Nick-30 on February 28th, 2010 at 12:39 pm said:

pumped for GOW 3

+ ghamdikh1 on February 28th, 2010 at 12:49 pm said:

@Jeff Rubenstein

Can you kindly try to bring the flowing developers (or publishers) to talk about there games in the blog.

1-Gaijin Entertainment Corporation- Death Track: Resurrection

2-Team17 Software Ltd- Worms 2: Armageddon

3-Wanako Games- 3D Ultra™ Minigolf

4-Q Games- Pixel Junk Racers 2nd Lap

5-Sony Online Entertainment- Groovin’ Blocks

6-SEGA- After Burner Climax™

7-Creat Studios, Inc- Hamster Ball

8-Game Republic, Inc- Catan

9-inXile Entertainment- Super Stacker

+ ghamdikh1 on February 28th, 2010 at 12:52 pm said:

@Jeff Rubenstein

any news on Final Fantasy XIII Playstation Home Space and Costumes is COMING TO USA.

+ Chat0076 on February 28th, 2010 at 12:53 pm said:

I’m pretty pumped for God Of War III

+ thepatriots on February 28th, 2010 at 12:54 pm said:

Very few games have blown my mind as much as GOWIII. MGS4, GT5p, KZ2 and UC2 are those games… but GOWIII takes the cake. I can’t believe how absolutely EPIC this game looks. Between Heavy Rain, BFBCII, and GOWIII it looks like I will be eating ramen all next month.

+ crusher915 on February 28th, 2010 at 1:14 pm said:

there is no link to the blog on the new homepage and you don’t give any information about download size of games. And 1 more thing are you going to redesign the blog?

+ crusher915 on February 28th, 2010 at 1:16 pm said:

lol there are allot of people that have Kratos as an avatar

+ crusher915 on February 28th, 2010 at 1:20 pm said:

o wait skip that last comment. Anyway the blog is missing a reply system.

+ NEJI64 on February 28th, 2010 at 1:26 pm said:

@Jeff..
any chance of getting the Just Cause 2 team on the Blog.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on February 28th, 2010 at 4:37 pm said:

Well, I could ask them. What is it you\’d like to know?

+ PaperCarrier on February 28th, 2010 at 1:30 pm said:

Great web site redesign but horrible forums.

+ Mobius_124 on February 28th, 2010 at 1:42 pm said:

hoepfully this redesign will help bring new features in from the PSN to the site.

+ Kchow23 on February 28th, 2010 at 1:48 pm said:

THERE WILL BE ONLY CHAOS

+ Koneesha on February 28th, 2010 at 2:08 pm said:

Is this for premium features?

+ angelspawn77 on February 28th, 2010 at 2:58 pm said:

GOW3 in 2 weeks!!! cant wait! thanks for the countdown Jeff, it really helps time seem to go by faster.

+ TubaDude49 on February 28th, 2010 at 3:29 pm said:

So what’s a couple of hours in Central Time?

+ jayyy91 on February 28th, 2010 at 3:31 pm said:

Nice site redesign. It’s definitely better than the old site but I’m not sure if I’m a fan of the “blocky” look. It’s alright for the homepage but once one of the left menu items gets pulled down, it looks a little strange. Hopefully we’ll start to get some more PSN features on the site as well, such as sending and receiving PSN messages via PS.com, etc. I’m also noticing quite a few grammar mistakes but that’s not really that important lol and I’m sure they’ll be corrected over time.

P.S. YEEEEAAAHHH CANADA!!! What a great game….

+ Tenan on February 28th, 2010 at 3:32 pm said:

Last week was certainly surprising with the release of Grandia. So, just to be absolutely sure, how do we get developers to release their old PS1 games on the PSN? Looking back, there were a lot of gems back then.

+ SigmaGT on February 28th, 2010 at 3:40 pm said:

GoW III demo was great! I didn’t have any interest in the game, but after playing, I’m really considering buying the bundle to see what the series is all about.

+ BigBoss712 on February 28th, 2010 at 3:43 pm said:

hey Jeff could you help me here, Is psn down? is not letting me log in and can’t play the games i bought from psn, I’m a little worried, hope i wasn’t banned or anything.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on February 28th, 2010 at 4:39 pm said:

You weren\’t banned, the PSN is down. I\’ll have updates when I receive them.

+ Kchow23 on February 28th, 2010 at 3:55 pm said:

get ready Jeff CHAOS WILL RISE AGAIN

+ Ouren on February 28th, 2010 at 4:02 pm said:

I hope Blade Kitten isn’t more than $7.

I spent all my PSN money on Uncharted and Valkyria DLC.

; ;

+ xplosneer on February 28th, 2010 at 4:13 pm said:

Forums hurt my eyes, but the main site is much better.

GAP looks the same, surprise.

+ BlooodyCow on February 28th, 2010 at 4:17 pm said:

Any news on the podcast? You guys said at the end of the month…well it is the end of the month :)
Also, why is the PSN down?

+ clupula668 on February 28th, 2010 at 4:28 pm said:

Hey, anybody else having problems signing into the Playstation Network on their PS3? I keep getting an error message. I checked it out online and saw several forums where a lot of people are having the same error and they all got it within the hour. Anybody else having this?

+ Devil240Z on February 28th, 2010 at 4:33 pm said:

Me and many people are getting a 8001050F error. and our clocks are off on our ps3s and trophies are disappearing.

I think its time for sony to tell us what is going on.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on February 28th, 2010 at 6:31 pm said:

We\’re aware of the issue, and the engineers are looking into it. Thanks in advance for your patience.

+ coolasj19 on February 28th, 2010 at 4:38 pm said:

Jeff

why cant i play some of my games now? i cant play Trine or Wipeout. not to mention a few others i havent tried. please give us a few more specifics so i can stop being paranoid.

+ Destiny89 on February 28th, 2010 at 4:39 pm said:

Yeah guys a lot of people are having the same problem.. my trophies arent even unlocking now.. hopefully it will be back soon

+ clupula668 on February 28th, 2010 at 4:42 pm said:

At least the fact that it’s a network error and not my refurbed PS3 makes me ease up a little. I restored my file system and still had the error and started to panic. I’m going to keep my system off until this gets resolved.

+ PirateThom on February 28th, 2010 at 4:44 pm said:

It’s weird though, my best guess is that it’s firmware related… one of the newer firmwares hasn’t been coded to take into account Feb 2010 doesn’t have a 29th.

Corrupt themes
Unable to play games
Date and clock settings changes.
Unable to copy media to PS3.

Bit more than just PSN being down, but probably related (again, the date thing).

Just throwing that out there.

+ PirateThom on February 28th, 2010 at 4:45 pm said:

PS – I’m in the UK and the issue seemed to happen to me right on Midnight GMT.

+ JesseHaysFL on February 28th, 2010 at 4:45 pm said:

So officially PSN is down? Please respond.

I am about to flood sony customer support with calls as I am on a forum where there are about a hundred people freaking out…..

Jeff please give us an official post becase some of us addicts are freaking out without our fix…………

+ xplosneer on February 28th, 2010 at 4:48 pm said:

I’m hearing this is a firmware issue. People not even connected to the internet with their PS3′s are having the date reset and themes corrupted.

I’ve also heard this is only a problem with “fat” PS3′s. Leap year issue?…. Fake leap year?

+ V_Ben on February 28th, 2010 at 5:01 pm said:

whoa. this is a hell of an issue going on here with psn :-/

+ Chuckbait on February 28th, 2010 at 5:02 pm said:

I turned off my ps3, ate dinner, turned it back on, and my time said dec 31 1999. And I could not reset time via internet or sign into psn. What is this nonsense??

+ V_Ben on February 28th, 2010 at 5:03 pm said:

all of my dynamic themes are corrupted, and any games with trophy support that i want to play won’t work :-/

+ megamixer on February 28th, 2010 at 5:04 pm said:

How is PSN down exactly when I can still log in via PSP? I’m even able to view the Pinball Heroes worldwide leaderboards which I assume also goes through PSN?

+ Chuckbait on February 28th, 2010 at 5:06 pm said:

and my games don’t work. Critter Crunch for example…plays as though its still just the demo…………..

+ coolasj19 on February 28th, 2010 at 5:08 pm said:

well yes. just like #34 i think its safe to assume this is a Febuary 28th issue. the leap year is not kind to the PS3. remarkable how something so simple can bring down a network and systems worldwide.

+ clupula668 on February 28th, 2010 at 5:11 pm said:

Why don’t we all just wait until they either fix it or give us an official answer? In the meantime, just let the people we’re friends with in real life know there’s an issue. I refuse to believe that none of you don’t have real life things to do while we’re waiting to be able to play again. Us spreading rumors and speculation isn’t going to help us.

+ Xamindar on February 28th, 2010 at 5:15 pm said:

Most of my games will not play, what is going on here? Is there some thing that tells my ps3 not to allow the games to run? If that’s true then that’s the last time I buy a psn game. If sony can just tell my system not to play them any more whenever they want. Bug or not, this is very bad. I’m curious to know the details of what happened.

+ Chuckbait on February 28th, 2010 at 5:17 pm said:

@#17…..”THERE WILL BE ONLY CHAOS” ….did you know this was going to happen..?

Also, the only response we have now is, “You weren’t banned, the PSN is down.”

Never has the PSN “being down” caused the date and time to be reverted to 1999, or for the games on the hard drive to just stop working.

Please let us know what the issue is, and that you are working to resolve it. Thats all I would like to hear.

+ ILOVEPLASTATION3 on February 28th, 2010 at 5:18 pm said:

This is like what happened when the year was about to turn 2000. WE’RE ALL GONNA DIE! :p This should all be fixed soon tho.

+ NightHawk479 on February 28th, 2010 at 5:19 pm said:

I lost Uncharted 2 trophies. Will I get them back? I don’t know what else I lost as I logged off right away. Maybe you guys can put up an impromptu(?) blog on the subject?

PAGE 1 2