PS4-Watch_Dogs

PlayStation Around the Web: What We Read

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Feb 28, 2010 // Sr. Social Media Manager

Programming note: the Blog will be down for an hour or two tonight (Pacific time), as we shuffle the color palette around a little bit. It’ll all make sense Monday morning. Oh, and have you happened to drop by the new PlayStation.com today? You definitely should.

The PS Blog weekly reading list (Week of February 22, 2010)

PAGE 1 2

+ mzdez214 on February 28th, 2010 at 5:23 pm said:

I lost my Uncharted 2 trophies. And then Marvel vs Capcom trophies had appeared out of no where.

+ Caudill on February 28th, 2010 at 5:33 pm said:

What the hell is going on with PSN???

People losing their trophies? Unable to play certain games, even if they’re not online enabled games (ie. Heavy Rain)? System settings restoring to default (I’m pretty sure it’s not 1999). Really, what’s up?

This is the weirdest PSN issue I’ve seen since…well…since launch.

+ Xamindar on February 28th, 2010 at 5:33 pm said:

Seems most games I have PURCHASED from psn are not working. Any games I got for free and themes I got for free are working fine.

+ JesseHaysFL on February 28th, 2010 at 5:39 pm said:

yeah seriously, the dynamic themes are now corrupt…my games on my hdd have all stopped..the ones that do work have reverted back to demos….my date was set back to 12 31 99……this is more than just psn being down…

WE DEMAND A RESPONSE EVEN IF ITS TO TELL US TO WAIT IT OUT. WE NEED AN OFFICIAL RESPONSE. PLEASE JUST TELL US WHAT IS HAPPENING. IF YOU CAN’T TELL US THEN JUST SAY YOU ARE OFFICIALLY WORKING ON THE ISSUE.

Come on guys we have invested a lot of money in your product and associated hardware the least you can do is respond to us. I understand its sunday but we are your customers please give us some service.

+ acerazer1 on February 28th, 2010 at 5:54 pm said:

For once, I’m glad I don’t have my personal info., especially the credit card, saved on my PS3. Just in case it is some of hack.

+ acerazer1 on February 28th, 2010 at 5:55 pm said:

Maybe I’ve just been watching too many movies.

+ mzdez214 on February 28th, 2010 at 5:56 pm said:

This is really weird. I can’t paly Uncharted, Heavy Rain, FFVII or anything. I can’t share media or anything. WTF is up???

+ trev456 on February 28th, 2010 at 5:59 pm said:

If you guys don’t know this, Sony’s Twitter feed will keep us updated…

+ frankma1962 on February 28th, 2010 at 6:01 pm said:

I downloaded yesterday two trailers and had the system shut off since then. I turn it on around six and most of my themes are corrupted data, can’t get onto PSN, unable to play most of the DLC games and my date & time is messed up. Now if it was one system then they need to send out for repair BUT it seems to be a massive amount of systems down & some were shut off. What gives & what is the problem? Help us here.

+ megamixer on February 28th, 2010 at 6:10 pm said:

I’m unable to loadup my PSN version of Burnout Paradise.

This makes me very sad :(

+ acerazer1 on February 28th, 2010 at 6:19 pm said:

I think the real question is… is this what KChow was referring to (post 17 and 25). Can’t say he didn’t warn us.

+ JesseHaysFL on February 28th, 2010 at 6:23 pm said:

The “Chaos will rise again” thing is from god of war 3 …its not a conspiracy

+ JesseHaysFL on February 28th, 2010 at 6:24 pm said:

God of War® III

IN THE END, THERE WILL BE ONLY CHAOS™…

+ Chuckbait on February 28th, 2010 at 6:25 pm said:

what’s not a conspiracy is that I cannot play games that I have purchased…

+ Chuckbait on February 28th, 2010 at 6:25 pm said:

The year is not 1999.

+ JesseHaysFL on February 28th, 2010 at 6:31 pm said:

I was talking to ace, he has posted a few times about some ones comment and implying that that guy knew ahead of time that psn was going down.

+ EmperorKorea on February 28th, 2010 at 6:34 pm said:

APOCALYPS3

+ trev456 on February 28th, 2010 at 6:37 pm said:

@67

Very Clever…

+ JesseHaysFL on February 28th, 2010 at 6:40 pm said:

anyone see this..

“get flash and/or enable javascript and stop wasting my time.”

Thats kinda scary.

+ redknight4 on February 28th, 2010 at 6:41 pm said:

well now I know what has caused the corrupted theme data problem.

Jeff could you let us know what caused psn to go down. would help a lot of angry users know what’s happening.

@54 look at post 26 and the response to it

+ Xamindar on February 28th, 2010 at 6:45 pm said:

Weird that Jeff is saying PSN is down earlier in this blog. Looks more like a firmware issue on the PS3 preventing it from connecting. I have read elsewhere that people can’t even play their games before trying to get online. Now how would that be a PSN being down issue Jeff?

+ Devil240Z on February 28th, 2010 at 6:47 pm said:

Sorry Jeff. Didn’t mean to sound like I was losing it.

+ Chrysus on February 28th, 2010 at 6:51 pm said:

Hey Jeff is it true you were in the UK visiting the Europe Blog team? How was your time here?

On a side note what a release week for Heavy Rain! Seemed to be raining globally and added such a great sense of theatricality & occasion on the journey to pick the game up.

+ LPdude3211 on February 28th, 2010 at 7:05 pm said:

I Lost all of my Killzone 2 trophies, God of War trophies, and Heavy Rain trophies.

To add insult to injury, I cant even play Heavy Rain because of some weird error.

Answers would be fantastic.

+ katsuo7171 on February 28th, 2010 at 7:10 pm said:

CRAPPPPPPPP!!!!! I lost all my Heavy Rain Trophies and White Knight Chronicles Trophies!! I’ve already played both games twice and started my 3rd playthrough of White knight after doing my third reincarnation. I was also just about to start a 3rd gameplay on Heavy Rain. I was at 67% on Heavy Rain and 42% with White Knight. Please give me back my trophies!!

+ DZORMAGEN on February 28th, 2010 at 7:15 pm said:

I lost all my Heavy Rain Trophies!!!! The icon is not there anymore under trophies!!!! Please answer the question Jeff!! Does this mean all my trophies are gone???

+ Xamindar on February 28th, 2010 at 7:24 pm said:

Any disk based game you try to play will be removed from the trophy list. I did it with Uncharted 2 and Assassins Creed 2 and both are not in my trophy list anymore.

+ joostin on February 28th, 2010 at 7:25 pm said:

As Jeff stated above this issue is known and Sony will have the servers up shortly. Which should in turn allow your trophies to sync when starting a game.

+ BurntOrange32 on February 28th, 2010 at 7:29 pm said:

Ahhhh! I just got Heavy Rain today, went to play annnndddd… nope! Thanks a lot Sony, I’m freaking out!

+ NeoHumpty on February 28th, 2010 at 7:37 pm said:

BOOM!

+ acerazer1 on February 28th, 2010 at 7:39 pm said:

Whoa, finally able to get on my PSN profile page with the all new trophy layout… lookin good dudes

+ Sekoku on February 28th, 2010 at 7:52 pm said:

androvsky | February 28th, 2010 at 12:17 pm: On a completely unrelated note (not really), the 10th anniversary of the PS2 is coming up. Should we expect anything special,

Yeah, your PS3 dying for being an loyal Sony customer with no free item coming from this fix.

LOLZ. It’s a good thing my PS3 GPU started to die and I had to send it in this week. I’m going to be PISSED if I get back a non-PS2 BC PS3 because of this and there is no Spiderman 3 free item thing out of this. At least Microsoft gave everyone something for free (even if it was crappy Undertow) for their problems. I expect something good out of this (and my GPU not dying AGAIN *once before Bad Company 2 is enough, thanks*) out of this snafu.

+ KUMAR_ROHIT on February 28th, 2010 at 8:04 pm said:

Odd… My bros ps3 works great. nothing wrong with his i signed on to his with my psn and it worked… odd…

+ redknight4 on February 28th, 2010 at 8:10 pm said:

the drm they use on the content dlc/dl games/themes seem to require info from psn unlike the psp titles which require the activation data on the psp. This is what I have figured out through observation and what is happening on this outage compared to a previous outage.

on the annoyance scale the drm used by lbp is worse than what is used on psn content.

+ polo155 on February 28th, 2010 at 8:11 pm said:

humm… sony must step it up whatever the case may be. sad day, my baby lifeless. i can only hope its an update which, once again… humm…

+ Xamindar on February 28th, 2010 at 8:16 pm said:

@84 Yeah, yet another reason among the countless thousands of other reasons that DRM in the software we purchase only hurts the paying customer.

+ Eanxsh on February 28th, 2010 at 8:20 pm said:

praying my stuff didnt get deleted I backed up all my data around a hour ago and didnt look at trophies seems when ppl look at trophies thats when it gets deleted.

+ BiezulbubBill69 on February 28th, 2010 at 8:25 pm said:

hurry up and fix this sony!!!!!!!

+ stri on March 1st, 2010 at 6:02 am said:

Tell me this…why does the PSN issues affect my downloaded games, themes and data stored on the HDD in the first place?

For real, answer this for me!

I can understand web based content not being able to connect properly…but why the hell can I not even turn on some games?! Some of which don’t even have internet features.

That tells me that Sony has connection to our things. Too much if you ask me.

All I know is, I’ve purchased these games, and worked hard to accomplish the tasks throughout.
The fact that PSN issues can even affect them from loading is simply RIDICULOUS!!!
WHY ARE THEY DESIGNED LIKE THIS IN THE FIRST PLACE???!!!
Perhaps you should hire me, clearly people need their hands held to shelter them from foolish decisions like this!

I had better not lose anything, that’s all I have to say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Or I’ll become the biggest thorn you can possibly imagine. That’s a promise! Trust me I really can be!

Get your crap together Sony! Things like this should NEVER happen, no exceptions!

WOW, SERIOUSLY???!!!
WTF?!

+ stri on March 1st, 2010 at 6:10 am said:

I’m going to check again now…all my trophies had better be there!
After working that hard to obtain, if I need to start over…SOMEONE is going to compensate me I guarantee you that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One way or the other, I will be satisfied!!!

…and get rid of the DRM crap!
Obviously it’s not working…you will lose soooo many customers if content/trophies are lost!
Clearly not worth it!

Find a better way!
Advice that should have won the board room in the first place!

Morons!
I can think of better ideas in my sleep…seriously…OMG, what are you guys doing???!!!

+ stri on March 1st, 2010 at 6:34 am said:

Ok, so I think this issue is happening due to the leap year lines of coding regarding trophy syncing…right?

Some offline games aren’t working because certain newer ones automatically sync.
Or the firmware is coded to sync newer games automatically when loaded.

Come on Sony, how could you not see the bad in that idea?

When this gets repaired and all who’ve lost data compensated appropriately…perhaps you should consider changing the way things operate yes?
If that isn’t part of the resolution I mean!

LMAO tools…I’m laughing, but it’s a hopeful, in denial laugh.
If issues become a permanent reality though…just be prepared to live a nightmare…more than now I mean!

People will literally lose their minds!
Talk about an industry killer!
Well done Sony!
Way to pwn your own intelligence / business!

PAGE 1 2