PS4-The Order

PlayStation Network Status Update

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Feb 28, 2010 // Sr. Social Media Manager

We’re aware that many of you are having difficulty connecting to the PlayStation Network this evening. Those of you with “slim” PS3s (the 120/250 GB models) appear to be unaffected.

Know that we have narrowed down the issue and have engineers working to restore service even as you read this. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you, and genuinely appreciate your patience while we work to resolve this.

In the meantime, you may want to follow our Twitter account for the latest updates.

253 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 4 6

+ Goaliegeek on February 28th, 2010 at 9:32 pm said:

I wonder what the issue is? bad code in the FW? Some internet PSN bug? Hope everybody gets their PS3 working again and their saves and trophies are ok. Sony doesn’t need this as a black eye.

+ polo155 on February 28th, 2010 at 9:33 pm said:

I believe the newer systems that were released run a slightly different if not more than that) firmware and with the network (blog and site) its incompatable with the phats and they running throught it… imo

+ TallCrowe on February 28th, 2010 at 9:33 pm said:

People go play something else while they fix it. That’s all you need to do. Bond with your PSP.

+ chefjayonnaise on February 28th, 2010 at 9:34 pm said:

YES! I’m hoping everything goes back to normal by at least Monday night/Tuesday. :)

+ Strandli on February 28th, 2010 at 9:38 pm said:

There could be many reasons for this to be happening…
Someone tripped on the wires.
An important computer at Sony runs on the free Windows 7 RC version, in an attempt to gain some money back, but someone forgot that the RC version becomes useless today.

+ nerdmanwhippy on February 28th, 2010 at 9:40 pm said:

I must admit it’s incredibly frustrating not being able to play any one of the 30 network games I’ve payed for other then wipeout hd, and to top it off not being able to play most disc based games I own as well.

I’ve gotta admit, this is worse then when I found out the pspgo wouldn’t have 2 analog sticks, terrible decision on the design for that little guy.

Regardless let’s hope you guys get this fixed. It’s very annoying knowing that my parent’s ps3 slim is all fine and dandy while my 60 gig is reduced to a ps2/bluray player at the moment.

+ digplans on February 28th, 2010 at 9:45 pm said:

**** now I have to have [DELETED] with my girlfriend. Thanks a lot Jeff.

+ CapinChronic on February 28th, 2010 at 9:46 pm said:

I just got home from watching the Can vs Usa game “YAY CANADA!!” and i got the same “8001050F” error on my launch 60gb that everyone else is getting… also alot of my themes are saying “Corrupt Data” my time/date was reset… and to top it all off i dont get to play MAG tonight :( ….. Hope this gets fixed soon.. oh ya i cant sign in to the forums
as well… My PS3 was just fine before i went out to watch the game.

+ ROFLdrg on February 28th, 2010 at 9:47 pm said:

It’s very disturbing that certain games cannot be played if the system is not online.

+ wocyob on February 28th, 2010 at 9:48 pm said:

thanks for the update

+ Zookey on February 28th, 2010 at 9:48 pm said:

Do you guys know if this was a weird glitch or malicious?

+ DNAgent on February 28th, 2010 at 9:48 pm said:

It’s not JUST the PSN Network. There have been people who haven’t connected to PSN in a long time who are having problems with themes being corrupted, full games reverting back to demos (like Wipeout & MvsC2), as well as trophies being deleted and games not being able to be played (unless it’s game that don’t have trophies like MGS4). The date also reset itself to 12/31/1999. Seems like maybe an older firmware + date/time bug. I hope save files aren’t affected.

+ FelixIng on February 28th, 2010 at 9:49 pm said:

My dear “fat”80gb is sick :(

+ specialist08 on February 28th, 2010 at 9:52 pm said:

If what you are trying doesnt work………Sony baby you are going to lose a lot of money because dont you dare think that us consumers are going to by an other ps3 when our current ones are perfectly fine. Start dishing out those ps3 Sony.

+ polo155 on February 28th, 2010 at 9:53 pm said:

my system was on but i wasnt playing anything, i had the tv switched over and saw i wasnt signed in, tried a few times, i didnt check games or anything at ll, jst restarted modem and nada so i just turned it off and stood watching blog and gaming sites.. i wont turn it on till im 100% its solid, i hope noting has to be redownloaded cus i have alot of stuff and the fact that the ps3 games are useless without the PSN is the worst thing of all. ive spent alot and know ppl who also… but its in the ToS im sure.

+ tagout on February 28th, 2010 at 9:54 pm said:

Goddamn it! I was planning on starting a new game on Heavy Rain, too!

+ Pelt_Hunter on February 28th, 2010 at 9:55 pm said:

I’m unaffected and I think I have one of the very first models. Enjoying every depressing minute of Heavy Rain. The game is heavy, that’s for sure. It’s unreal. The graphics are mind blowing, except for some plastic-ky looking characters, but some characters look ridiculously real. Just a really amazing experience so far, David Cage finally killed it.

+ FelixIng on February 28th, 2010 at 9:56 pm said:

Quiero Jugar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ acerazer1 on February 28th, 2010 at 9:57 pm said:

Thanks for the update and the post, some sort of transparency and insight to what is going on is always good.

+ specialist08 on February 28th, 2010 at 9:57 pm said:

and where are you from hunter pelt

+ polo155 on February 28th, 2010 at 9:57 pm said:

jejeeje

+ FelixIng on February 28th, 2010 at 10:00 pm said:

All that is .Hack//Fr4gment xDD

+ polo155 on February 28th, 2010 at 10:02 pm said:

but the fourms are much nicer, i like the id tag at the top and the trophies section is very nice too. someone with a slim, is the blog on the browser different?

+ Lance_Akiro on February 28th, 2010 at 10:04 pm said:

For people that are aware of this situation i think its because of a leap year in February. I say this because Microsofts old model Zune had a situation where it didn’t even want to turn on for one full day because of a leap year. this could be the same situation with PS3s old model system and not the new but that’s technology for ya.

+ polo155 on February 28th, 2010 at 10:09 pm said:

@72… just can bae…lol wow imagin that.

+ Script13 on February 28th, 2010 at 10:10 pm said:

I like how they say we appreciate your patience as if we had a choice anyway..

+ letherclad on February 28th, 2010 at 10:11 pm said:

All of my data is becoming corrupt and I am losing Trophy data!

I lost all of my themes, all my PSN games won’t open because they are corrupted and my system cannot launch disc based games, even when I am offline!

Are my saved files okay? I cannot check them because I cannot open any games, and when I tried a disc based game (White Knight Chronicles) my trophy data from the game was deleted from my PS3!

I never thought I would abandon the playstation brand, but what choice do I have if my saved data is lost.

I need answers now.

+ ATOMS11 on February 28th, 2010 at 10:16 pm said:

120 Slim. No problems here.

+ oly1kenobi on February 28th, 2010 at 10:20 pm said:

Pray this is a software problem and not a hardware problem!

+ BurntOrange32 on February 28th, 2010 at 10:21 pm said:

I really hope this can be fixed by a simple software update (I’m sure you guys do too, you don’t want a massive recall :P). I just got Heavy Rain today, kinda pissed that I can’t play. Maybe tomorrow night…. right, right, RIGHT? :(

+ SolaceIX on February 28th, 2010 at 10:28 pm said:

I don’t care about compensation. All I want is an explanation. A REAL one. Too many rumors have got me curious to the point where it’s seriously bugging me. It’s major enough to send my PS3 back to 1999 (Which is not a selectable year by the way. We can only go 2000-2099) which means nobody wants to hear “Stability Issue.” What happened?

+ GamerJ_92 on February 28th, 2010 at 10:33 pm said:

I hear you Solace. I’m so bugged right now. It’s not the fact that i can’t play; its the fact i don’t know what the hell is going on. I wish we had some more updates is all.

Get your Portable ID!

+ purplestream on February 28th, 2010 at 10:35 pm said:

omg thanks
hopefully you guys can fix it asap!

+ Letters2Kay on February 28th, 2010 at 10:41 pm said:

My 60GB YLODed for the 3rd time this week (AKA the “temperature sensor” issue). I treat my console very well and don’t even use it for extended periods of time, yet this is my 3rd YLOD and I was sent a “new” 60GB last time! I have 2 other avid gaming friends who both purchased 60GB units- both have YLODed quite some time ago, though neither were reported since, instead of contacting customer service, they both just replaced them with slim models. When I called this last time, I was offered an upgrade to the slim series, which makes me wonder if Sony realizes that this hardware is as unreliable as I obviously have…

Also of note, the last 3 YLODs I’ve seen (my last two and one of my friend’s) have occurred minutes after the console is started up- while downloading paid content from the PS Store!

Something is wrong.

+ XxChilliBeanxX on February 28th, 2010 at 10:42 pm said:

It’s Solar flairs.

+ grashopper on February 28th, 2010 at 10:43 pm said:

Nice to hear Jeff
Good thing it didn’t happen right after FFXIII or GoW3 eh? People would have gone nuts!…well more nuts.

+ Keyeszx on February 28th, 2010 at 10:43 pm said:

I heard Bill Gates got foxdie from Hideo Kojima and they plotted to put it into PSN. They waited till Sony updated the playstation website to make it seem like that was the cause. Somehow, like Solid Snake, the slims were immune, but they will age rapidly soon.

+ bendeboy on February 28th, 2010 at 10:45 pm said:

i not ticked… this sheet happens, but i would like a more frequent update, i just got 2 new games and i would like to play them soon. hope to hear from you soon. i’m also like the twitter update for 5 of my friends that don’t internet that much.

+ Blkant on February 28th, 2010 at 10:45 pm said:

How late do you work Jeff? I was surprised to see you able to post at this time, or are you one of those INSANELY LUCKY people who can also work from home >:(

I envy, and there for are bitterly jealous, of people with that much freedom…

+ FelixIng on February 28th, 2010 at 10:46 pm said:

contest “The NAME of the FAULT”…

Say one, example…

“FALLEN OF FAT” OR “FOF”

+ jiggyteddy on February 28th, 2010 at 10:55 pm said:

I was playing God of War II.

I loaded up my game. I went from the Kraken battle to beating the game. I noticed I didn’t earn any of the appropriate trophies… so I thought something was fishy.

I wonder if I will get those trophies once this issue is resolved.

Either way, I will be playing through the game again.

+ BenderUnit22 on February 28th, 2010 at 11:00 pm said:

Thanks for the update.

Sounds like a problem with the internal clock of the PS3 phat. Hopefully it’s easy enough to fix or maybe will even just fix itself after 24 hours.

+ FrozoneUSMC on February 28th, 2010 at 11:04 pm said:

I still love you Sony, even if I can’t finish getting my Heavy Rain trophies right now lol

+ shadysaiyanz on February 28th, 2010 at 11:08 pm said:

And i just finally bought DJ Hero today…. :/

Hopefully it’s fixed soon.

+ NeoX360 on February 28th, 2010 at 11:11 pm said:

@lance_akiro: This is not a leap year and so Feb has 28 days, not 29 days so I don’t think that is it. I think it is a OS error on certain models, but we shall see. Sony has not been completely transparent with their PS3 issues. There are many people with dead BDs after an OS update and the PS3 web browser can no longer handle the PS Blog site causing a hard freeze.

Hopefully Sony gets this stuff fixed soon.

+ megamixer on February 28th, 2010 at 11:11 pm said:

Not being able to play any of my PS3 PSN games or PS1 classics is really crappy. :( Stuff happens, I guess… but something like this? Getting denied access to paid content (downloaded and physical no less)because of some glitch? That’s brutal.

+ xiked on February 28th, 2010 at 11:17 pm said:

My Thropies seems to be gone for heavy rain. I have a launch 60 GB…and many of my paid Themes is corrupted…

+ midnightshade on February 28th, 2010 at 11:33 pm said:

@Lance_Akiro — I had the same thing happen to my old 30gig zune last year. It was right after new years, you couldn’t even turn the thing on. This has defintalty something to do with the internal clock. Most likely things will be fine when the date changes. It makes perfect sense. Trophies weren’t around, psn downloaded games weren’t out yet. This sort of thing wouldn’t happen if it was just psn down.

+ Solid-Snake-Eyes on February 28th, 2010 at 11:33 pm said:

My 60GB got online fine, was able to browse the store, play Heavy Rain and earn a trophy, did not remember to sync trophies tho. I was sending messages back and forth with 3 people and added a friend to my friend list. Don’t know if this is useful info. Nite!

+ mariosmaker on February 28th, 2010 at 11:46 pm said:

I just hopped on my ps3 and noticed my heavy rain theme wasn’t displayed (all PSN acquired themes reported corrupted), then I jumped into Borderlands and the DLC wasn’t registering at all. I quit and shut off my PS3 for fear of something else going totally awry. By the way, if this is an April Fools joke: A- it isn’t April yet, and B-This is a terrible joke to pull….. If I need to back up my save data please tell me before you do anything rash.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 6