PS4-The Order

Latest info on PlayStation Network Status

Patrick Seybold's Avatar + Posted by Patrick Seybold on Mar 01, 2010 // Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

As you may be aware, some customers have been unable to connect to the PlayStation Network today. This problem affects the models other than the new slim PS3.

We believe we have identified that this problem is being caused by a bug in the clock functionality incorporated in the system.

Errors include:

• The date of the PS3 system may be re-set to Jan 1, 2000.
  • When the user tries to sign in to the PlayStation Network, the following
    message appears on the screen; “An error has occurred. You have been
    signed out of PlayStation Network (8001050F)”.
  • When the user tries to launch a game, the following error message appears
    on the screen and the trophy data may disappear; “Failed to install
    trophies. Please exit your game.”
  • When the user tries to set the time and date of the system via the
    Internet, the following message appears on the screen; “The current date
    and time could not be obtained. (8001050F)”
  • Users are not able to play back certain rental video downloaded from the
    PlayStation Store before the expiration date.

We hope to resolve this problem within the next 24 hours. In the meantime, if you have a model other than the new slim PS3, we advise that you do not use your PS3 system, as doing so may result in errors in some functionality, such as recording obtained trophies, and not being able to restore certain data.

As mentioned above, please be advised that the new slim PS3 is not affected with this error. We are doing our best to resolve the issue and do apologize for any inconvenience caused.

For the latest status on this situation please continue to check either the PlayStation.Blog or PlayStation.com.

558 Comments

PAGE 1 8 9 10 11 12

+ PaperCarrier on March 1st, 2010 at 4:17 pm said:

@444 It fixed itself.

+ WindedHero on March 1st, 2010 at 4:17 pm said:

Good thing I lost my Dante’s inferno trophies…. -_-

Now I have to play the game again twice, because it says I don’t have holy level 7, unholy lvl 7, virgil commentaries, or maxed out holy path. This is why syncing should be automatic after earning it, and not manual or only required when you’re signed into psn and looking at your trophies or someone else’s profile.

+ VitalogyPJ on March 1st, 2010 at 4:18 pm said:

Enjoy!

+ KidCommando on March 1st, 2010 at 4:18 pm said:

Good Job Sony, Thanks!

waited in line on launch day for my PS3. After all these years, less than 24 hours of downtime is TOTALLY acceptable for a service that is FREE.

The Black Beast LIVES!!

+ daedhead on March 1st, 2010 at 4:20 pm said:

do we get any thing i bought on playstation store and what about trophies it’s about time
its fixed i logged on but lost all my [DELETED]

+ PaperCarrier on March 1st, 2010 at 4:21 pm said:

Sony didn’t fix it, they didn’t need to.
It fixed itself.

+ mrmotosuwa68 on March 1st, 2010 at 4:21 pm said:

Tried mentioned suggestions and all my bonus HR content is still there but no trophies at all.Thanks Sony for doing nothing and letting it fix itself.Kind of.

+ rockstarnati on March 1st, 2010 at 4:21 pm said:

@448 Less than 24 hours of downtime in all those years is all well and good… but it’s not a service that is free. People couldn’t play games offline. So it doesn’t have to do with PSN or any other “service” at all. It has to do with 300-600 dollar pieces of hardware and all the 60 dollar games that go along with them that were rendered useless for a day.

+ Transient on March 1st, 2010 at 4:21 pm said:

Working, but the PS3′s clock was set to Feb 28, 2010. Went into the system settings and updated date and time using the internet. Date is now correct.

On a side note, let’s hope the Feb 28th date doesn’t indicate that the clock is now running backwards… I sort of expected it to go from Feb 29 to March 1, not Feb 28.

+ themadmen on March 1st, 2010 at 4:21 pm said:

Hey can we suit Sony for this [DELETED]? lol This what they call bad costumer service and bad communication with you consumers… I have 20 plus games and tomorrow im getting MLB 10 the show and BFBC 2 just becuz i want to play online. And this is what i get for my money.
Sony still needs to learn a lot when it comes to provide a their costumers with a excellent and fun service.
SCEA is taking too much time to fix this errors and problem with the PSN. next time dont leave us on the loop post anything at least every 20,40 or 60 minutes even if its a joke, just to keep us inform like we are there. lol

twitter.com/themadmen

+ whitwhit on March 1st, 2010 at 4:22 pm said:

great fix sony and great on keeping us posted on all the info sony=morons

+ mrmotosuwa68 on March 1st, 2010 at 4:22 pm said:

I would have synched it but it happened during the closing credits of the game…

+ Sirynx77 on March 1st, 2010 at 4:27 pm said:

Why are people thanking Sony. THEY DIDN’T DO ANYTHING!!!! It fixed itself. I hope all those ‘thank you’ are all sarcastic. I would not be surprised if right now they are still scratching their heads.

+ Lambo21 on March 1st, 2010 at 4:27 pm said:

@452 same thing here… oh boy hahaha

+ redknight4 on March 1st, 2010 at 4:27 pm said:

this is crazy my ps3 thinks it’s 4/29/2020 why couldn’t it think it was 4/20/2020.

well psn is working now it seems clock updated properly guess it lasted 24h gmt

+ Phake on March 1st, 2010 at 4:29 pm said:

rednight4: are you a PSHome user? message me on PSN :)

PSN:Phake

+ TheRealAlpha2 on March 1st, 2010 at 4:36 pm said:

Yeah working here, just have set time via internet and things are back to normal.

+ Massive_13 on March 1st, 2010 at 4:38 pm said:

yesterday was bad times.. but today are good times!! I’m like someone else stated, i’m not playing a game till I hear an official confirmation of me being able to play my games saftely.

+ WindedHero on March 1st, 2010 at 4:39 pm said:

Yeah if they actually knew about this bug they kind of warned us late. If they had mentioned content loss I might not have put Dante’s Inferno in last night, only to have it remove the trophies for that game from my PS3. Sure, I’ve got it re-synced but that only covers up to the last sync, not what I spent all sunday earning (only to find that I couldn’t sync what I had earned late sunday night).

+ dallow on March 1st, 2010 at 4:39 pm said:

It you take credit for the fix Sony, I will laugh.

+ mastrofallz on March 1st, 2010 at 4:39 pm said:

@455.
Ha ha! Ha ha! Good one. Now get out of here before you hurt yourself.

+ RobRoks on March 1st, 2010 at 4:41 pm said:

Its working now BUT…
>> You have deleted loads of my trophies :S
over last week ive have troubles online so i couldnt sync.

Surely you can see that say for bioshock 2 ive got all the data thery’re still with all auido diaries etc. and if i hit continue all save data is still there so cant u just re-make my trophies or something ? :S

+ ShadowPhoenix18 on March 1st, 2010 at 4:44 pm said:

Hmm. Half an hour ago I still couldn’t sign into PSN, so I don’t think it’s as simple as the clock just setting itself right the next day. I guess I’ll try again, as I have some sales to take advantage of, but if not, it’s no big deal. My PS2 games still work, so…yeah.

+ jerk_man on March 1st, 2010 at 4:44 pm said:

i was at work all day so this didn’t affect me. but its funny to see everyone’s complaints and whines and the people who say “stop complaining” like they’ll move everyone to stop and there’s hundreds of complaints after that… lol/but its good to hear that the problem i didn’t have any idea about is fixed. =)

+ Szarky on March 1st, 2010 at 4:46 pm said:

OMG I think all you kids crying made the internet almost explode today! Do you people have school/work? It’s okay to take a day/few hours away from your precious love making sexy black machine.

+ joostin on March 1st, 2010 at 4:47 pm said:

I bet anyone with trophy sync issues from the past 24 hours will get a fix via firmware update in the coming days/weeks which I am guessing will uncorrupt any saved data or trophy data that failed to sync. Sort of like an sfv file would check to see if there was parity in your download.

+ dallow on March 1st, 2010 at 4:47 pm said:

For people missing trophies:

Load the game up, start your game.
Quit, and re-sync.

+ rockstarnati on March 1st, 2010 at 4:47 pm said:

@468

What exactly is so hilarious and how am I gonna “hurt myself?”

+ Rakis on March 1st, 2010 at 4:50 pm said:

You guys suck at Public Relations as much as you suck at running(?) the PSN store. Then again I guess you guys/gals at Sony have never proved yourselves competent at anything PSN related this console generation.

Good lord you all suck.

Maybe starting this Thursday you can get your collective asses in gear and post PSN updates at a set time instead of whenever you get around to it? You know show some responsibility or professionalism?

Again, good lord do you people suck.

+ Qmoney88 on March 1st, 2010 at 4:51 pm said:

PS3: It only does resurrection.

+ WindedHero on March 1st, 2010 at 4:51 pm said:

@469 Sorry, you’re probably SOL for collectibles trophies. Depending on the game’s trophy checking routine, you might not get them without having to run through the entire game again.

+ GOT2BALL on March 1st, 2010 at 4:52 pm said:

Sure am glad they released this info early this morning when I called them because I was getting ready to send in my PS3 and I would have been irritated as heck if I would have done that then found out it was something affecting everyone with older models then not having my PS3 for a month or so because I sent it in.

+ Belmonth on March 1st, 2010 at 4:52 pm said:

You guys are a bunch of idiots, if they weren’t 100% certain that in time it would fix itself, what if they posted that it would for sure and it din’t? there would be a emo rage from all you guys, also if they din’t post anything is because they din’t have a fix for it for sure.

Did you expect to keep posting “nope no fix yet” “not yet” “nothing yet” “still waiting” “and ope still gotta wait”

+ Belmonth on March 1st, 2010 at 4:53 pm said:

forgot to add, and for the people whining that their trophies are gone, just launch the game and they are restored.

+ WindedHero on March 1st, 2010 at 4:54 pm said:

@474 That doesn’t work if you’ve launched said game in this “Feb 29 2010″ and tried to sync. You’ll only get back what was synced latest, not what was earned since then.

+ Qmoney88 on March 1st, 2010 at 4:54 pm said:

Exactly what belmonth said, you just have to resynch and they should be good to go. Everyone needs to quit crying.

+ WindedHero on March 1st, 2010 at 4:57 pm said:

@482 They only advised today that people not use their ps3 in order to avoid data loss. Launching the game doesn’t do anything if you tried to sync after this all started. Trophy information for the game last launched is removed and only previously synced trophies are restored.

+ BigBoss712 on March 1st, 2010 at 4:58 pm said:

looks like things are back to normal? mine is working fine now.

+ Sirynx77 on March 1st, 2010 at 4:59 pm said:

This is also a good reminder to make sure you back up all your data on the PS3.

+ specialist08 on March 1st, 2010 at 5:01 pm said:

The PSN is back online so get your stuff organized and back in motion

+ Gatorboy1192 on March 1st, 2010 at 5:04 pm said:

FINALLY!!!!! my ps3 works again.

+ triple_lei on March 1st, 2010 at 5:05 pm said:

Thank you Sony for creating a console that fixes its own problems! You’re the best!!!

+ Butters360 on March 1st, 2010 at 5:13 pm said:

Ahem: “We survived the ApocalyPS3 and all we got was this lousy t-shirt.”

+ mrmotosuwa68 on March 1st, 2010 at 5:18 pm said:

All of the trophies come back that you had synched.For me that means no Heavy Rain as I was in the ending credits when this happened although all the bonus stuff is there.So from here on out or until they fix this synch after every trophy in case this comes up again.Odd that it’s been this long and nothing from Sony.Probably due to the fact they did nothing to fix it and let it happen and figure a few trophies here or there won’t matter.Do they even know what caused this…

+ tylerdurden30 on March 1st, 2010 at 5:22 pm said:

Still not booting mine up until the all clear has been given from Sony. Not taking any chances.

+ Maurisio on March 1st, 2010 at 5:29 pm said:

Ah tham i just found out today, could this be the reason why my new hard drive that was working Thursday stopped working this weekend.(I lost like $50 wort of purchased videos because of that)

+ TrueFFVIIFan on March 1st, 2010 at 5:32 pm said:

Now, two more to go to 500 mark!

+ tmyjr528 on March 1st, 2010 at 5:37 pm said:

Hey guys I had the same issue and it’s fixed now the date went to feb 28

+ ArcticZombie on March 1st, 2010 at 5:39 pm said:

I’m not doing anything until Sony gives the go-ahead. I’m surprised so many of you kept on trying. I’m just about crapping my pants that if I turn it on I really will lose those trophies that disappeared.

+ EXTREME_rkmn on March 1st, 2010 at 5:42 pm said:

cool when do we find out the winners for the ultimate god of war fan contest

PAGE 1 8 9 10 11 12