Bloodborne

PlayStation Network Service Restored

Patrick Seybold's Avatar + Posted by Patrick Seybold on Mar 01, 2010 // Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

If the time displayed on the XMB is still incorrect, users are able to adjust time settings manually or via the internet. If we have new information, we will update you through the PlayStation.Blog or PlayStation.com.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

230 Comments

PAGE 1 3 4 5

+ thatcichlidguy on March 4th, 2010 at 8:04 pm said:

Not so fast folks, my system still cant access the network and I’m still getting error codes . Not so fixed it seems.

+ testosteroneking on March 4th, 2010 at 8:14 pm said:

okay if its sorted then why is it the trophies i lost i cannot achieve again? cos ive done the game five times and it wont award me anything! i basically cannot get my platinum trophy cos of u and ur errors! and ur not even bothered as long as u get ur money thru revenue are u? so much for customer care!!! just to think ive praised u for years and u wreck my game! it logs off all the time now(blank screen) and when i switch it back on it tells me how i should be turning it off when i cant becuase of this messup u have done! sorry but am a lil angered here at the fact u only comment when ur gonna lose mass customers an ruin ye rep otherwise u couldnt care less! hence the no replys. i mean am not askin for freebies just loyalty like we showed u for years
said wot i needed to ..am not gonna hold me breath waitin for a reply!

+ testosteroneking on March 4th, 2010 at 8:15 pm said:

why are we still getting error codes ere? am gettin a different one now! cant u get nothin right

+ tidas341 on March 5th, 2010 at 6:28 pm said:

that was a joke last week tried to get on and i coulndt till that night at five pm

+ kingspiter on March 5th, 2010 at 8:02 pm said:

Still getting error messages, requests to sign in or create an account. They say its fixed, Its good that for some it is. But, its not fixed for me.

+ kingspiter on March 5th, 2010 at 8:13 pm said:

In addition

“We are aware that the internal clock functionality in the PS3 units other than the slim model, recognized the year 2010 as a leap year. Having the internal clock date change from February 29 to March 1 (both GMT), we have verified that the symptoms are now resolved and that users are able to use their PS3 normally.”

The symptoms have not been resolved and i have not heard a response from sony since monday.

+ Doramos on March 5th, 2010 at 9:21 pm said:

Mine is still messing up. Playing games is fine but anything that requires accessing the PSN makes it shut off randomly.

+ tsunami25 on March 5th, 2010 at 9:50 pm said:

I have two of my friends PS3′s 20gb and 60gb stopped working on them. They said as soon as they turned on their systems one on Mar.4th and the other Mar.5th all they got was a static effect showing on their televisions, instead of the PS3 logo or start up screen and themes. After hearing this from the both of them i am afraid to turned mines on which is a 20gb. Are there other people having the same issue after the resolved leap-year bug fixed? i just wanted to know if any other older PS3 owner’s having the same problem as my friends?

+ danthecan818 on March 6th, 2010 at 3:55 pm said:

Mine still dosent work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WTF PLAYSTATION????

+ killer_nos on March 6th, 2010 at 8:43 pm said:

I LUV PS3 SLIM BUT NOW MAYBE YOU GUYS CAN START FIXING THE FREEZING PLEASE :p

+ Casteox on March 7th, 2010 at 2:32 pm said:

I’m still skeptical. Haven’t turned on PS3 since Heavy Rain, U.S. release. Not letting it happen again…can’t afford to pay.

+ baldywoo on March 8th, 2010 at 12:36 am said:

i dont know y sony is acting like everything is ok when ppl still cant loggin to home my sis has a 80 gig like me but hers is still messed up she bought alot of stuff and cribs on home and now she cant even get on therecause it says problem downloading content and wats worse if she goes on through mine she has to rebiuld everything back from scratch we can even get anybody to help from sony shes so bumbed out and i dont blam hear sony needs needs to fix this right cause they r gonna loose some diehard fans behind this get back on the ball sony plz

+ Devwi on March 8th, 2010 at 1:11 pm said:

Luckily, I was able to recover my trophies, so everything is fine again. ;)

+ MattVid on March 8th, 2010 at 1:06 pm said:

Wow, I love the silly “finally” comments. Idiots. They said they would fix it in 24 hours, and they did, and people still whine? Like you were really waiting that long anyways?

I didn’t turn my PS3 on all last week, and it seemed to be working fine this weekend. I haven’t looked at my trophies and stuff yet, but I am assuming I was unaffected.

And I am also curious how this resolved itself with not firmware fix. I would assume we would need something to update our systems, it wasn’t only a PSN error, was it?

+ JaWeen on March 8th, 2010 at 1:54 pm said:

How can I get my trophies back? I was near the end of beating Batman Arkham Asylum when I started getting that error, and I lost all of my trophies!

I have already tried “synching” my trophies, but they are still gone!

+ alabamagrown on March 8th, 2010 at 6:08 pm said:

BECAUSE OF THE ERROR I GOT THE RSOD!!!!!!!! YOU GUYS OWE ME A NEW PS3 YA RETARDS!

+ unknown_g on March 8th, 2010 at 6:11 pm said:

The issues with the PSN may have been fixed but now a new problem has cropped up as a result of the leap year bug that Sony is saying was not caused by the date bug. Many users are all of a sudden experiencing game freezes, ps3 errors, and unreadable disc errors. Callers to Sony are given 2 options: repair for $178 or upgrade to refurb for $149.

The part that ticks me off the most is that Sony’s support staff are aware of this issue and are not informing the higher ups of this growing issue. People are slowly but surely finding a post on the playstation forum that has grown over the past couple of months but have grown even more in the past week with people having the same issue this week.

They are saying that this is coincidental and has nothing to do with the date bug. I have provided a link to the forum at around the time that people have started saying they are getting these errors this week. Read for yourself and see if it all sounds coincidental to you.

+ MR_GQ27 on March 10th, 2010 at 4:12 pm said:

well thats good, sorry to hear about some ppls lost on the trophies that sucks. hey i have a ? next month or so when the new 3D tvs come out is playstation offering a upgrade for that or are the going to come out with another system made for 3D tvs.
thanks for you time

+ Tuzorafa84 on March 11th, 2010 at 4:44 pm said:

MINE STILL DOSENT WORK NOT READ ANY GAME WTF SONY FIX BUG YOU SENT FIX FIX FIX FIX FIX FIX FIX FIX FIX FIX FIX

+ oneshot2012 on March 12th, 2010 at 2:01 pm said:

bs!!! lies and more lies. sony couldn’t pull a wet string out of a cat’s blank.

+ oneshot2012 on March 12th, 2010 at 2:22 pm said:

as i was about to say, i was booted off playstation network just now.hope your reading this sony. i not a child, i’m 56, disable, and homebound, i became addicted to your game system christmas 2009 when my daughter gave this to me. i spend many hours playing off line games. last june i got addicted to killzone 2, all i played was mag.love the game. now after your system crash, i’m told i have to send my system back, to have it fixed cause your system update stopped my from loading all my games, i watch movies, but play games. i’m not paying 500.00 to sony. if sony don’t fix every system for all their owners, for free, i’m filing a class action suit, for all of us ps3 owners that have systems that are out of warranty. lets see if i get a reply or i lose my account. XBOX360 might sound good now.

+ oneshot2012 on March 12th, 2010 at 2:47 pm said:

also don’t give advice to help me fix at home. new dvd cleaning disc 20 bucks. did help, accessed the secret internal file system menu that sony never told us about. thanks youtube. ran file system, said hdd had files corrupted, fixed that. mag loaded that. next day drive would not load. i called sony. was tolded to do a system restore. i did. tried to get online nope psn needed another email. i gave up. i lost everything, i did a full 4 hour formt. had to use different email. worked fine. one later psn needed to send update. after installation. game no longer loads. YES I AM YELLING!!!@@@#%$. see what happens when we buy from china!!!

+ BlueMoonKnight on March 13th, 2010 at 12:21 pm said:

Hi Sony and PlayStation Network and community-

We have a serious problem. My system appeared to be fine after the initial error (like you said it would be, but it’s not. I just received the error today and didn’t notice the symptoms that occured yesterday.
It signed out regularly yesterday and I thought it might be my internet service or router, but now it’s obvious that my hard drive is corrupted. I couldn’t play mw2 at first, and it wouldn’t find games so I kept playing FF13 thinking mw2 was having issues again.
I tried mw2 again today and it gave me the 80022D86 “Registration of the trophy information could not be completed. Your game will quit” I tried playing FF13 and it did the same thing now. I am assuming it will for all my games.

This is a concerning and major issue and I wouldn’t be surprised if it was Microsoft behind it but all the same you guys need to step up and help the people who are having issues.

+ tukkdog on March 16th, 2010 at 7:10 pm said:

ya you really fixed it and thats why mine still isnt working this is bs

+ tukkdog on March 16th, 2010 at 7:11 pm said:

freaken bs fix all the acoounts not just some of them retarded sony

+ FriendyAnil on March 18th, 2010 at 2:38 pm said:

When your sales aren’t that great, it’s easy to double. Sony continues to struggle to prove that the PS3 is the console of choice for gamers. Unfortunately, the numbers speak for themselves and gamers disagree. How’s last place going Sony?
mobile phones for sale

+ cemahora on March 20th, 2010 at 9:44 am said:

You stolen me lot´s of lot´s of my % in my level up in my user name i win the trofeus but my % of level dont´t grou up.
I dont belive in this big bug:( i am a good player anda a good cliente i Wont my % Back. please resolve my big problem, my user name is ( cemahora ) .
It´s amasing so many trofeus you are stolen me and good trofeus to , like platin and gold´s and more :(

+ putt4par on March 27th, 2010 at 7:02 am said:

Just thought I’d repost here to see if I get a different, SATISFACTORY response –

03-09-2010 05:42 PM
Same situation for us with our 60GB unit – PS3 was off continuously from the last Saturday in February until the morning of March 3. My son played MW2 for about 3 minutes before school started, and the PS3 shut down. He tried to turn it back on to no avail – green light, yellow light, flashing red light. There is NO WAY this is a “coincidence” for so many people. We got the same corporate line from Sony when we called, and followed up with an e-mail :-(

+ Siani-chan on March 28th, 2010 at 9:12 am said:

Mine still doesn’t work. Nearly a month later. What about that Sony, eh?! FIX IT.

+ SoundOfPropagnda on March 28th, 2010 at 4:12 pm said:

Same thing over again. Ps3 will not read game disc, only bluray movies. Only seems to happen on sundays. Not getting any error messages at all.

PAGE 1 3 4 5