God of War

Mar 02

Mar 02

LittleBigPlanet: This Week in DLC

Mick Perona's Avatar Posted by Associate Product Marketing Manager, First Party Games

Happy Tuesday! Mick here again with the “goods” on this week in DLC goodness!

New This Week
Canyons Costume for LBP PSP (free) – Get a sneak peek of what’s in the Canyons Theme Pack with this free costume!

LBP Canyons Costume

Canyons Theme Pack for LBP PSP ($2.99) – Download a new set of goodies to create your own Canyons-themed levels. The Canyons Theme Pack includes two costumes, 19 Create materials, 15 stickers, one music kit, and one background.

LBP Canyons Theme

In Case You Missed It
White Knight Chronicles Costume Kit for LBP PS3 ($5.99) – Characters from the awesome new RPG for the PS3 have come to LittleBigPlanet! Grab all four White Knight Chronicles character costumes in the pack and save, or choose from your favorites for $1.99 each.

LBP White Knight Pack

Last Chance

Groundhog’s Day Costume for LBP PS3 (FREE) – Once a year you have a chance to download this costume for your SackPerson and see if he or she can see their shadow. Act fast, as this costume is coming down this Thursday!

Add Your Own

Danny_Death said:

March 2nd, 4:41 pm

thats cool :D

zadorvp said:

March 2nd, 4:43 pm

Aww, nothing new for the PS3 version this week :P

At least I get to keep my sackboy dressed as Ebonwings for now ^_^

Optimafrogg said:

March 2nd, 4:43 pm

Great update this week, I’ll be sure to get reacquainted with the can canyons I also wanted to let you know how much I am loving that invisible crown you so generously handed out to me last week. lol

ixnine said:

March 2nd, 4:49 pm

Nice! Thanks Mm! And congratulations on officially being part of the Sony family! You guys are one of, if not the most, favorite game makers. I’ll be getting this dlc pack this week for sure. ^_^

DZORMAGEN said:

March 2nd, 4:52 pm

When is PS3 going to get Disney DLC? That is all I want to know!!! I don’t want to wait till Dec. again to get Disney PS3 DLC! So when?

zadorvp said:

March 2nd, 5:10 pm

@DZORMAGEN: Patience even if it’s hard ^_^. I’m also waiting for it (as well as Marvel/Ratchet & Clank/Final Fantasy VII/Sonic/etc) :D

thePhildown said:

March 2nd, 5:10 pm

Aww, nothing new for the Ps3 this week? Bought my girlfriend a copy of the game this week so we can finally play this game together too. Here’s to next week!

lets-be_azn said:

March 2nd, 5:18 pm

lol nothing new

R1LEY62 said:

March 2nd, 5:19 pm

cool, i like new psp dlc!

evilpizzacandy said:

March 2nd, 5:53 pm

what happened to “we released enough costumes and now we re going to focus on releasing new gameplay tools”
yeah right…:\

VixDiesel said:

March 2nd, 6:08 pm

Still waiting on some legit DLC…oh you know, like levels. Hell, even a sequel.

MLZ911 said:

March 2nd, 6:20 pm

cool, but as i remember we were promised a final fantasy dlc pack like i dunno 2 years ago!!!! whats up with that!?

darthlego said:

March 2nd, 6:55 pm

I loved the Canyons theme on the PS3. I can’t wait to have on the PSP as well.

KSPRAYDAD said:

March 2nd, 8:39 pm

Congrats MM on becoming 1st party….I’m sure SONY will be a better incubator than Activision seems to be.

Has play create share now been fixed as per the original vision of this game or is it still borked after a full year? It is funny that SOCOM fans cut the developer 0 slack for advertising something on the box that wasn’t in the game but MM did basically the same thing.

So…fixed yet?

DJ_DTM said:

March 2nd, 9:11 pm

Yep it’s fixed works better than ever!!!
Play my levels!!
And Iiiiiim DrUnK :))))

Scodo_Thope said:

March 3rd, 6:24 am

Haha! Ground Hog vid is funny!

Solid-Snake-Eyes said:

March 3rd, 8:29 am

Do people buy DLC for the PSP version? Did people even buy the game? I’m being serious, I want to know.

TwinDad said:

March 3rd, 8:43 am

I wonder what trade-in value at gamestop is. I got the shaft when I traded sing-star, but it felt good to get rid of a game that the company no longer bothered to support. Now that you are officially Sony, I can’t wait to see how Sony ignores your product and continues with the skimpy updates.

So Levels once a year. Only new costumes are going to be paid. I can live with no costumes, but new levels, developed by MM is needed.

zadorvp said:

March 3rd, 9:55 am

@Solid-Snake-Eyes: Yes, there are people who bought the PSP game and have bought DLC for it. I’m not one of them, but it’s obvious there are people who have bought it (darthlego for one seems to be a purchaser).
@TwinDad: You go ahead and do that then :)

Solid-Snake-Eyes said:

March 3rd, 11:02 am

I was asking cause it appears EA gave up on Rock Band Unplugged… and it just seems like PSP doesn’t do to well in North America in general. I know I don’t use mine anymore.

lukeike said:

March 3rd, 11:04 am

Just wondering what ever happened to the final fantasy LBP pack for ps3….? please say something about it!

zadorvp said:

March 3rd, 12:34 pm

@Solid-Snake-Eyes: I’ve still got three games I need to finish on my PSP, but they’ll wait for when I’m away from home for a longer period of time. I’ll probably also get the new KH for it, but other than that mine doesn’t get used that much either.
@lukeike: It’s still coming out. Possibly near the Final Fantasy XIII release, but could come later this year/even later.

MKJ93 said:

March 3rd, 7:19 pm

Question:
1: is a water kit for LBP: PSP possible?
2: whens the next game update(im having glitches still, details listed below)
3: Is a Socom Pack Possible?

Level Creating Glitch
glitch details: if i make a level with a certain amount of space taken up on the “thermometer”, the game suddenly freezes up and the whole system crashes, but when i try to reload that same level, it wont load and the game and system crash again. i dont really know if its a memory issue, a psp issue, or the game itself, OR it might be a fixable glitch.

MadMeat001 said:

March 4th, 10:51 am

i am here to say that i am dissapointed that you made a pirate of the carribian DLC this movie suck!

JEFREGOSO said:

March 4th, 10:59 am

erm

yayday said:

March 4th, 1:20 pm

@MKJ93:This happened one day to me too.But what I did is I tried to put down a robot for a challenge to the players,and my game crashed. Every time I tried to put that robot on my level my game would crash,and id lose half of the work I had done on my level. Another glith I found is kinda hard to explain.One day I was building somthing using the grid squares. While I was moving it to the right,i hit the L or R button. (i cant remember which) and I got a VREY weird view of the level. Its kinda hard to explain,but I know its not supposed to happen. Somtimes I could do the glitch and somtimes I couldnt.I was using LBP PSP,which is chock full of glitches. They need to fix them.

Ryuhza said:

March 4th, 1:35 pm

PS3 users are not amused.

MKJ93 said:

March 4th, 2:19 pm

@yayday: that other glitch is really weird, never had it happen to me. i wish that they would fix them, but i guess that takes time.

josue1207 said:

March 4th, 4:12 pm

For all you LBP PSP owners. josue1207 will soon be adding a mario level to the community moon on LBP PSP.

KNguyen10 said:

March 4th, 4:56 pm

mommYY~

liyahtrenee said:

March 5th, 2:23 pm

plz… add be as friend plz…

BumperSticker said:

March 6th, 1:08 am

Cool :D
I’m having a hard time with Create Trophy..
If anyone could please heart me as an author I’ll be happy to heart him back.
PSN = BumperSticker