PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

LittleBigPlanet: This Week in DLC

Mick Perona's Avatar + Posted by Mick Perona on Mar 02, 2010 // Associate Product Marketing Manager, First Party Games

Happy Tuesday! Mick here again with the “goods” on this week in DLC goodness!

New This Week
Canyons Costume for LBP PSP (free) – Get a sneak peek of what’s in the Canyons Theme Pack with this free costume!

LBP Canyons Costume

Canyons Theme Pack for LBP PSP ($2.99) – Download a new set of goodies to create your own Canyons-themed levels. The Canyons Theme Pack includes two costumes, 19 Create materials, 15 stickers, one music kit, and one background.

LBP Canyons Theme

In Case You Missed It
White Knight Chronicles Costume Kit for LBP PS3 ($5.99) – Characters from the awesome new RPG for the PS3 have come to LittleBigPlanet! Grab all four White Knight Chronicles character costumes in the pack and save, or choose from your favorites for $1.99 each.

LBP White Knight Pack

Last Chance

Groundhog’s Day Costume for LBP PS3 (FREE) – Once a year you have a chance to download this costume for your SackPerson and see if he or she can see their shadow. Act fast, as this costume is coming down this Thursday!

32 Comments

+ Danny_Death on March 2nd, 2010 at 4:41 pm said:

thats cool :D

+ zadorvp on March 2nd, 2010 at 4:43 pm said:

Aww, nothing new for the PS3 version this week :P

At least I get to keep my sackboy dressed as Ebonwings for now ^_^

+ Optimafrogg on March 2nd, 2010 at 4:43 pm said:

Great update this week, I’ll be sure to get reacquainted with the can canyons I also wanted to let you know how much I am loving that invisible crown you so generously handed out to me last week. lol

+ ixnine on March 2nd, 2010 at 4:49 pm said:

Nice! Thanks Mm! And congratulations on officially being part of the Sony family! You guys are one of, if not the most, favorite game makers. I’ll be getting this dlc pack this week for sure. ^_^

+ DZORMAGEN on March 2nd, 2010 at 4:52 pm said:

When is PS3 going to get Disney DLC? That is all I want to know!!! I don’t want to wait till Dec. again to get Disney PS3 DLC! So when?

+ zadorvp on March 2nd, 2010 at 5:10 pm said:

@DZORMAGEN: Patience even if it’s hard ^_^. I’m also waiting for it (as well as Marvel/Ratchet & Clank/Final Fantasy VII/Sonic/etc) :D

+ thePhildown on March 2nd, 2010 at 5:10 pm said:

Aww, nothing new for the Ps3 this week? Bought my girlfriend a copy of the game this week so we can finally play this game together too. Here’s to next week!

+ lets-be_azn on March 2nd, 2010 at 5:18 pm said:

lol nothing new

+ R1LEY62 on March 2nd, 2010 at 5:19 pm said:

cool, i like new psp dlc!

+ evilpizzacandy on March 2nd, 2010 at 5:53 pm said:

what happened to “we released enough costumes and now we re going to focus on releasing new gameplay tools”
yeah right…:\

+ VixDiesel on March 2nd, 2010 at 6:08 pm said:

Still waiting on some legit DLC…oh you know, like levels. Hell, even a sequel.

+ MLZ911 on March 2nd, 2010 at 6:20 pm said:

cool, but as i remember we were promised a final fantasy dlc pack like i dunno 2 years ago!!!! whats up with that!?

+ darthlego on March 2nd, 2010 at 6:55 pm said:

I loved the Canyons theme on the PS3. I can’t wait to have on the PSP as well.

+ KSPRAYDAD on March 2nd, 2010 at 8:39 pm said:

Congrats MM on becoming 1st party….I’m sure SONY will be a better incubator than Activision seems to be.

Has play create share now been fixed as per the original vision of this game or is it still borked after a full year? It is funny that SOCOM fans cut the developer 0 slack for advertising something on the box that wasn’t in the game but MM did basically the same thing.

So…fixed yet?

+ DJ_DTM on March 2nd, 2010 at 9:11 pm said:

Yep it’s fixed works better than ever!!!
Play my levels!!
And Iiiiiim DrUnK :))))

+ Scodo_Thope on March 3rd, 2010 at 6:24 am said:

Haha! Ground Hog vid is funny!

+ Solid-Snake-Eyes on March 3rd, 2010 at 8:29 am said:

Do people buy DLC for the PSP version? Did people even buy the game? I’m being serious, I want to know.

+ TwinDad on March 3rd, 2010 at 8:43 am said:

I wonder what trade-in value at gamestop is. I got the shaft when I traded sing-star, but it felt good to get rid of a game that the company no longer bothered to support. Now that you are officially Sony, I can’t wait to see how Sony ignores your product and continues with the skimpy updates.

So Levels once a year. Only new costumes are going to be paid. I can live with no costumes, but new levels, developed by MM is needed.

+ zadorvp on March 3rd, 2010 at 9:55 am said:

@Solid-Snake-Eyes: Yes, there are people who bought the PSP game and have bought DLC for it. I’m not one of them, but it’s obvious there are people who have bought it (darthlego for one seems to be a purchaser).
@TwinDad: You go ahead and do that then :)

+ Solid-Snake-Eyes on March 3rd, 2010 at 11:02 am said:

I was asking cause it appears EA gave up on Rock Band Unplugged… and it just seems like PSP doesn’t do to well in North America in general. I know I don’t use mine anymore.

+ lukeike on March 3rd, 2010 at 11:04 am said:

Just wondering what ever happened to the final fantasy LBP pack for ps3….? please say something about it!

+ zadorvp on March 3rd, 2010 at 12:34 pm said:

@Solid-Snake-Eyes: I’ve still got three games I need to finish on my PSP, but they’ll wait for when I’m away from home for a longer period of time. I’ll probably also get the new KH for it, but other than that mine doesn’t get used that much either.
@lukeike: It’s still coming out. Possibly near the Final Fantasy XIII release, but could come later this year/even later.

+ MKJ93 on March 3rd, 2010 at 7:19 pm said:

Question:
1: is a water kit for LBP: PSP possible?
2: whens the next game update(im having glitches still, details listed below)
3: Is a Socom Pack Possible?

Level Creating Glitch
glitch details: if i make a level with a certain amount of space taken up on the “thermometer”, the game suddenly freezes up and the whole system crashes, but when i try to reload that same level, it wont load and the game and system crash again. i dont really know if its a memory issue, a psp issue, or the game itself, OR it might be a fixable glitch.

+ MadMeat001 on March 4th, 2010 at 10:51 am said:

i am here to say that i am dissapointed that you made a pirate of the carribian DLC this movie suck!

+ JEFREGOSO on March 4th, 2010 at 10:59 am said:

erm

+ yayday on March 4th, 2010 at 1:20 pm said:

@MKJ93:This happened one day to me too.But what I did is I tried to put down a robot for a challenge to the players,and my game crashed. Every time I tried to put that robot on my level my game would crash,and id lose half of the work I had done on my level. Another glith I found is kinda hard to explain.One day I was building somthing using the grid squares. While I was moving it to the right,i hit the L or R button. (i cant remember which) and I got a VREY weird view of the level. Its kinda hard to explain,but I know its not supposed to happen. Somtimes I could do the glitch and somtimes I couldnt.I was using LBP PSP,which is chock full of glitches. They need to fix them.

+ Ryuhza on March 4th, 2010 at 1:35 pm said:

PS3 users are not amused.

+ MKJ93 on March 4th, 2010 at 2:19 pm said:

@yayday: that other glitch is really weird, never had it happen to me. i wish that they would fix them, but i guess that takes time.

+ josue1207 on March 4th, 2010 at 4:12 pm said:

For all you LBP PSP owners. josue1207 will soon be adding a mario level to the community moon on LBP PSP.

+ KNguyen10 on March 4th, 2010 at 4:56 pm said:

mommYY~

+ liyahtrenee on March 5th, 2010 at 2:23 pm said:

plz… add be as friend plz…

+ BumperSticker on March 6th, 2010 at 1:08 am said:

Cool :D
I’m having a hard time with Create Trophy..
If anyone could please heart me as an author I’ll be happy to heart him back.
PSN = BumperSticker