Over the past few weeks, we’ve received tons of requests from you in-world, via Blog comments and in the official PlayStation Home forums. You’ve asked for more Star Wars and Indiana Jones offerings in the recently-opened Lucas Arts store. You’ve asked for us to bring over the Irem Seaside of Memories public space. You’ve asked for more dazzling personal spaces in tropical locales. So we’re bringing these things (and more) to you, the loyal PlayStation Home community tomorrow, March 4. Want more info? Read on, my friends…
You asked for more lightsabers – you got ‘em! You wanted more costumes, like the Dark Lord’s armor Star Wars: The Force Unleashed? Or maybe you want to dress up like a Clone Trooper? As a hardcore Indiana Jones fan, you might want Mutt Williams’ gear or a Crystal Skull for your personal space. That’s why our friends over at LucasArts are stocking the shelves with tons of hot new items this week (as well as dropping a Yoda Fountain in Central that answers all of your pressing questions). Here’s a taste of what to expect come Thursday morning.
We’re pleased to announce that the highly-requested Irem Seaside of Memories public space – with its resort-like atmosphere, complete with three huts (including one swimwear storefront), white sand beaches, and some totally rad rewards for all you guys and the gals – is launching this week. This serene oceanfront locale is the perfect place to catch some sun, take a swim, and just chill out with your friends. Check out the pics below for a sneak peek of what is in store for you this week.
In these short winter days it oftentimes feels like you can never have too much sun…or too much fun. And that’s precisely why we have decided to release two new additions to our luxury personal space line. These two spaces – a beautiful Santorini-based seaside mansion and a wave-faring Yacht – are the textbook definition of opulence and affluence. Since these dazzling new spaces complement one another perfectly, we’ll be bundling them together at a reduced price of $7.99 (they will also be available for $4.99 separately). Look at the pics to get a better look at these fantastic new personal spaces.
In terms of what is going down this week in the PlayStation Home Theater, you’ll find the newest episode of The Tester – the PlayStation Network exclusive reality series – playing come this Thursday (the previous week’s episode will be screening in the lobby for those of you who need to catch up). We’re also releasing a new The Tester commemorative item, pictured below. In addition to The Tester footage, you’ll find new footage from this here Blog, including videos relating to BioShock 2 and Final Fantasy XIII.
Finally, we’ll be offering you a chance to enter a raffle for a chance to win one of 50 free Warhawk personal spaces. All you’ll have to do is follow the instructions on the Warhawk posters plastered around PlayStation Home this week to enter. Oh, and you’ll also need to read the official Rules and Regulations, which are posted below for your convenience.
See you in Home!
Warhawk Personal Space Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void outside the 50 United States and D.C. and where prohibited. The following promotion is intended for viewing in the 50 United States and D.C. only and shall only be construed and evaluated according to United States law. Do not proceed in this site if you are not a legal resident of, and located in, the 50 United States or D.C. and are at least 13 years of age at the time of entry. To enter, you must have a PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system, a valid PlayStation Network account, internet access and a copy of PlayStation HOME installed on your system. All communications concerning the Warhawk Personal Space Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) will be sent to your authorized PSN email address. The Sweepstakes begins March 4 at 12:00pm (noon) PST and ends March 10, 2010 at 11:59pm PST.
- To enter, send an e-mail to HomeContests@playstation.sony.com. Enter “WARHAWK” in the subject line and in the body of the email include your PSN ID.
- Sponsor will randomly select 50 eligible entries on or about March 17, 2010. These 50 eligible entries will be deemed winners.
To be valid, entries must be received no later than March 10, 2010 at 11:59 PST. Limit one entry per person and e-mail address. Subsequent entries will be disqualified. Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc (the “Sponsor”) is not responsible for lost, late, mutilated, illegible, incomplete or misdirected entries. Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit an entrants ability to participate in the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend this Promotion should virus, bugs or other causes corrupt the administration, security or proper play of this sweepstakes. Entries not satisfying these Official Rules will be automatically disqualified.
2. PRIZES: Each prize winner will receive a voucher via email that entitles them to download the Warhawk Personal Space (ARV $4.99). Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize of equal value if prize is unavailable. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitutions allowed.
3. WINNERS: Winners will be determined by a single random drawing of all valid entries received by Sponsor. Selection will be held on or about March 17, 2010. Winners will be notified via their registered PSN e-mail address. If any winners do not respond to Sponsor’s notification email within 14 days of the date that it is sent by Sponsor, they will be disqualified and new winners will be selected based on the original selection criteria. Please allow two to three weeks for receipt of prizes.
4. ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning depend on number of valid entries received.
5. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal U.S. residents only aged 13 or older. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected. Prize winners may be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release within fourteen (14) days of prize notification. By acceptance of prize, winners agree to the use of their name and/or likenesses for purposes of advertising, trade, or promotion without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. Additionally, by acceptance of prize, prize winners agree to release Sponsor, its parents, subsidiaries and affiliates from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the prize or while preparing for, participating, and /or traveling to any prize-related activity. Employees of the Sponsor and its parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies and their immediate families are not eligible to participate in this contest. Neither the Sponsors nor its affiliates, subsidiaries, division or related companies are responsible for any damages, taxes, or expenses that winners might incur as result of this sweepstakes or receipt of prize.
6. WINNER LIST: To obtain names of winners, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to Warhawk Personal Space Sweepstakes, 919 E. Hillsdale Blvd. 2nd Floor Foster City, CA 94404. Prize winners’ name request will be fulfilled within four weeks. Requests for winner list must be received by April 1, 2010.
7. RESTRICTIONS: Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
8. SPONSOR: Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc, Foster City, CA 94404.