LittleBigPlanet 3

LittleBigPlanet: This Week in DLC

Mick Perona's Avatar + Posted by Mick Perona on Mar 08, 2010 // Associate Product Marketing Manager, First Party Games

Hey everyone, happy Monday! Mick Perona here again with your “This Week in DLC” goodness! And because it’s been crazy busy in the world of PlayStation, this week we’re combining the usual “Sack it to Me” post with today’s DLC update. Here’s what’s going on with LittleBigPlanet.

New This Week

St. Patrick’s Day Costume for LBP PS3 (FREE) – Celebrate St. Patty’s Day in your favorite LittleBigPlanet levels with this FREE costume!

LBP St. Patrick's

In Case You Missed It

Canyons Costume for LBP PSP (FREE) – Get a sneak peek of what’s in the Canyons Theme Pack with this FREE Canyons costume!

LBP Canyons Costume

Canyons Theme Pack for LBP PSP ($2.99) – Download a new set of goodies to create your own Canyons themed levels. The Canyons Theme Pack includes 2 Costumes, 19 CREATE Materials, 15 Stickers, 1 Music Kit, and 1 Background.

LBP Canyons Theme

What’s New?
A heartfelt welcome to all the folks over at Media Molecule as they join us as part of SCE’s global development operation, SCE Worldwide Studios (SCE WWS).

Media Molecule + SCE

Alex at Media Molecule

Workshop of the Week

LBP Soccer

At LittleBigWorkshop.com, it’s time to get in on the fun for their March contest, and this time up it’s a sports theme! Have at it, SackPeeps!

53 Comments   1 Reply

PAGE 1 2

+ dragonmagician on March 8th, 2010 at 12:04 pm said:

Good news at GDC for LBP, right?

+ JKC31 on March 8th, 2010 at 12:08 pm said:

“Ever Wonder “who’s who” over at Media Molecule? Allow us to introduce our new family members!”

Than you had one picture and no info at all. So confusing I had to check to make sure I wasn’t having a stroke.

+ MLZ911 on March 8th, 2010 at 12:10 pm said:

cool, but where is the final fantasy dlc? its been like 2 years now!!

+ Craazy on March 8th, 2010 at 12:13 pm said:

Oh for Sacks Sake…..FF DLC cause the games gonna drop soon!

+ Sekoku on March 8th, 2010 at 12:14 pm said:

The Final Fantasy outfits are probably canceled.

+ SDkngsht on March 8th, 2010 at 12:18 pm said:

YES! now i can go online and celebrate “shoot a ginger sackboy with a paintball gun day” AWESOME!

+ SDkngsht on March 8th, 2010 at 12:19 pm said:

it would be cool to get some Titan (God of War 3) or Greek God costumes to compliment the Kratos costumes and level packs from last year.

+ anotherdae on March 8th, 2010 at 12:22 pm said:

What happened to the Marvel LBP costumes?

+ Tridon on March 8th, 2010 at 12:25 pm said:

I have the same question as #7. Whatever happened to the LBP costumes based on Marvel characters? I’ve been wanting to dress up my Sackboy as Wolverine forever now. Any chance this will be coming soon? Thanks!

+ JumpMan33 on March 8th, 2010 at 12:25 pm said:

I really thought the FF dlc would be out right before FFXIII.

+ CRONIC_GAMER on March 8th, 2010 at 12:30 pm said:

It’s funny uncharted one wasn’t even out yet and ff costumes were promised here we are two years later with uncharted “2” costumes the best part is when they finally do come out they are not gonna be that great and nobody will buy they classic case of something getting over hyped

+ be4u4get on March 8th, 2010 at 12:32 pm said:

New ps3 costumes!!!!!!

+ Carl-G on March 8th, 2010 at 12:38 pm said:

I want LBP2 ;P

+ zombie9 on March 8th, 2010 at 12:41 pm said:

Now that MM is Sony they (dont respond to rummors) remember so guess what FF DLC (NO COMMENT) LOL! LBP is a BLAST!!

+ angelspawn77 on March 8th, 2010 at 12:44 pm said:

I loved the leprechaun costume, LAST YEAR, come on MM, can we get any new ones? Some holidays more than one costume is possible, like last year for halloween you guys gave the same pumpkin costume, you guys could have done a ghost for last year or some other monster. Christmas is the same, santa was given, but last year a reindeer or something could have been given, hell even a christmas ornament. There are different things you guys can do for holidays rather than the same costumes from previous years.

+ BalramRules on March 8th, 2010 at 12:47 pm said:

LITTLEBIGPLANET FTW!!!!!
GOTY 2007-Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
GOTY 2008-LittleBigPlanet
GOTY 2009-Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
GOTY 2010-God of War 3 OR Heavy Rain(Most likely out of those two)OR any of these…
ModNation Racers, Gran Turismo 5, DC Universe Online, Free Realms, The Agency, Agent, LA Noire, LittleBigPlanet Motion, EyePet 2, EyeDentify, inFamous 2, Resistance 3, KillZone 3 etc. etc…

+ PaperCarrier on March 8th, 2010 at 12:49 pm said:

Thanks for the free costumes! Can we please get some more
level kits and creator kits for LBP on PS3???

+ PaperCarrier on March 8th, 2010 at 12:52 pm said:

Get we get a LBP space in Playstation Home?

+ RuthlessEd on March 8th, 2010 at 1:00 pm said:

I can’t speak for anyone else, but at this point, I’m starting to feel like the LBP blog posts are nothing but spam.

+ aztec23 on March 8th, 2010 at 1:00 pm said:

I need a new LBP game. Do yall know where I can find a new copied of LBP that its not GOTY. I want a new copied, but not the $60 dollar one.

+ mywhitenoise on March 8th, 2010 at 1:01 pm said:

@16, MGS4 came out in 2008…same year as LBP.

+ MLZ911 on March 8th, 2010 at 1:07 pm said:

@ 19, well when people were promised level packs and certain costumes that haven’t come out yet, or even talked about by MM, people start getting mad

+ VixDiesel on March 8th, 2010 at 1:09 pm said:

DLC levels or this game becomes a paperweight.

+ divine1000 on March 8th, 2010 at 1:14 pm said:

I don’t think the LBP PSP level/sticker packs should cost a premium, they should be unlocked throughout the game for free. The stickers and backgrounds for the PS3 game were included on the Blu-ray. For someone to buy all the default level packs ultimately the game is probably going to cost double the original retail price.
It is reasonable to expect extra level packs (MGS, Pirates of the Caribbean, etc) not included on the disc to be billable, but not what should be included in the base product.
Certainly not what I expected.

+ Doomer112290 on March 8th, 2010 at 1:23 pm said:

@MLZ911
I know its been a long time since they mentioned it. And they left us not knowing whether or not we are getting the costumes or not. We were left judging for ourselves.

@this post
Good update, but MM, How about some NEW costumes, or material packs, level packs, etc, for the PS3 owners, you guys are forgetting about us. You keep re-releasing old costumes. How about some new ones?

+ DZORMAGEN on March 8th, 2010 at 2:05 pm said:

DLC for LBP 2010 so far sucks!!!

+ Vex_Doppel on March 8th, 2010 at 2:16 pm said:

My Sack Patrick needs a green brew of sorts. That’s how I celebrate Sack Patrick’s day. 29 here BTW.

+ dustinbrutal on March 8th, 2010 at 2:30 pm said:

Why can’t we get a newer version of the costume? That’s so lame.. you release holiday sackboy costumes for a limited time every year, but every year they’re the same costume. That makes it less special.

+ angelspawn77 on March 8th, 2010 at 2:49 pm said:

@balramrules
dude MGS4 was in 2008 not 2007, Uncharted was in 2007

+ trustter on March 8th, 2010 at 2:49 pm said:

Can anybody tell me why the same review of GOW III has different scores?

Is the same review:

IGN USA: 9.3
IGN UK: 9.4

+ COMBATCSOLDIER on March 8th, 2010 at 3:10 pm said:

OH WOW THIS IS SO NOT AMAZING! THANKS FOR MORE LAME SHOVELWARE! So how about instead of a stupid looking green man, you create stuff that actual people will buy such as… Final Fantasy costume pack and level design kits. There is so much you can do with adding level kits from games like doom, onimusha, even marvel attires. Instead you put out lame costumes every week. It is tiresome and pissing me off. I love LBP and I have bought most of the DLC, Now its time you actually make it worth while again.

+ jkry_2_1_ on March 8th, 2010 at 3:11 pm said:

why no new dlc for ps3??

+ footballrule on March 8th, 2010 at 3:46 pm said:

No PS3 DLC? Aww, that’s not good…

+ footballrule on March 8th, 2010 at 3:46 pm said:

Oh, never mind. St. Patty’s Day costume! :D

+ CervantesDL on March 8th, 2010 at 4:14 pm said:

MARK! what about the final fantasy vii pack that was announced a bazillion years ago?

+ Azure_FZ on March 8th, 2010 at 4:32 pm said:

I guess I’ll download the Saint Patrick’s Day Costume. Kinda a let down, thought it would be something new. Seems the PSP is getting more love than the PS3. Though nice to see your support for both, no matter how much.

+ Bcrichmark on March 8th, 2010 at 5:24 pm said:

Yep Garbage !! same old rehashed costumes from last year thanks again for nothing. what? is that many people playing on the psp version ( no offence but the psp create mode sucks )that MM abandons the ps3 with with crap from last year? where is my sephroth costume or my marvel costumes how about some one time offer costumes stickers something!!!! the last level pack was last year before christmas what the @+#*? Man ?

+ R1LEY62 on March 8th, 2010 at 5:41 pm said:

You guys aren’t smart enough to realize that those dlc packs Media Molecule announced already have their release date set for them.What I mean is that say for example the Marvel costumes are coming out in May. This is because Iron Man 2 is coming out in THAT SAME EXACT MONTH. Also that one Final Fantasy costume you guys want, well if you didn’t already know that Final Fantasy 13 is coming out like in a month or so than you’re a complete idiot. You guys seriously just need to gain more patience and respect towards Media Molecule and Sony. Because it’s not that easy to keep making new DLC packs every month consistantly. Just hope I proved my point. :)

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on March 8th, 2010 at 6:33 pm said:

OK TWO ISSUES..ONE..THIS BLOG SCREEN IS STILL WHITE..WHY? SONY OF ALL COMPANIES SHOULD KNOW THAT BLACKER IS BETTER! :P NEX ISSUE IS MEDIA MOLECULE..WHY..OH WHY DO U KEEP GIVING US WEAK COSTUMES..WHAT HAPPENED TO THE MARVEL COSTUMES AND THE FF7 ONES? AND ALSO A PS HOME SPACE? I HOPE YOU GUYS ARE WORKING ON THESE PROJECTS IF NOT..YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE A LOT OF DISSAPOINTED FANS.YET THEY ARE GOOD WITH SURPRISES…WE SHALL SEE @ E3 :P

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on March 8th, 2010 at 6:42 pm said:

@R1ley62 ..MAN IF I WOULDVE READ YOUR COMMENT I WOULDVE SAVED MY BUTT FROM LOOKIN LIKE A “COMPLETE IDIOT”..LOL GUESS I WAS SO DISSAPOINTED BY THE LACK OF LEVEL PACKS :/ BUT YEAH U PROVED YOUR POINT VERY WELL.KUDOS TO YOU!BTW I DO RESPECT MM AND SONY..I PURCHASED LBP DAY ONE AND HAVE ALOST ALL OF THIER KOOL COSTUMES..AS FOR SONY ALL OF MY TECH IS SONY…VAIO,WALKMAN MP3,BRAVIA 52″HDTV,PSP2OOO1 AND A PS3 ONLY-HATE THE BOX4LIFE:P-MIND U I OWNED ONE AND SOLD IT AS SOON AS I LEARNED ABOUT THE RROD..IM NO FOOL!

+ GEORGEISTHEBEST0 on March 8th, 2010 at 6:43 pm said:

There should be an Dantes Inferno costume…..lol

+ danielakadanny on March 8th, 2010 at 7:13 pm said:

sony you need to give your consumers extra warranty for the YLOD!!!!!! its already happened to me with my dead BD drive right before it!!!!!

+ aztec23 on March 8th, 2010 at 7:50 pm said:

Stop complaining and start playing the game not a virtual costum.

+ MLZ911 on March 8th, 2010 at 8:11 pm said:

was this blog down for like 3 hours or was it just me?

+ Scarecrow– on March 8th, 2010 at 9:28 pm said:

Love this game!

Thank you SCEE and MM!
The St. Patrick’s Day costume looks sick (the right level of greeness!)

+ JKC31 on March 9th, 2010 at 4:24 am said:

Cool I guess the new look threw me for a loop. After reading the replies in this post, I still might go get a CT scan. :P

Where can I get some sugarcane juice?

+ chersweb on March 9th, 2010 at 6:38 am said:

When are they going to make a new lbp or a second addition with new games

+ LN_MEXWARRIOR on March 9th, 2010 at 7:07 am said:

WOW… NOT!

No new content just recycling the OLD… What happened to FF7 content?? What happened to the level that was by that school? What happened to releasing NEW and FRESH content?

This makes me feel like I won’t be picking up LBP2 until it is in the Clearance Bin loaded with all the extras or not at all.

LN

+ DynamicxPanda on March 9th, 2010 at 2:19 pm said:

@R1ley62 Final Fantasy XIII came out today

I would like to see some new stuff but i also missed this costume so its nice to be able to get it now.

+ Hooligantuan on March 9th, 2010 at 7:01 pm said:

I don’t see the leprechaun outfit anywhere in the PlayStation Store.

PAGE 1 2