No Man's Sky

Hustle Kings Adding Video Chat, Voice Chat, Game Launching and More

Michael Pulst's Avatar + Posted by Michael Pulst on Mar 09, 2010 // Associate Producer, SCEA

Since the game launched, the Hustle Kings team has been watching with interest how the game has been received and where you guys think it can be made even better. After weighing up a lot of commentary from the community and how we’ve seen the game played online, we’re gearing up to release our first title update for the game. First out of the gate, we’ve added some amazing new features that will greatly enhance your experience with Hustle Kings, as well as some general updates to the game as listed below:

• General improvements to game stability
  • In-game Voice Chat
  • In-game Video Chat
  • Game Launching from PlayStation Home
  • More stats for the loading screens
  • The sound effect for the chalk has been turned down
  • Chalk can now be used by pressing the R3 button as well as shaking your SIXAXIS
  • Free Play mode
  • Blue chalk only online rooms
  • Online: Opponents are now allowed to change view while watching the player at the table
  • Online: The player that breaks is now randomly chosen
  • A new, “minimal” aim line
  • Dampening effect on the pockets, to stop accurate high powered shots from always bouncing out of the pockets
  • Small adjustments to the fine tune aiming to make it easier to use

Hustle Kings screenshot table 1

Soon after this update is out and you’ve had a chance to experience it all, we have more features coming via the PSN Store. First up will be the Time Saver Pack which is aimed at the Hustle Kings player who wants to experience everything the game has to offer, but doesn’t have the time to unlock all the items. This pack unlocks all the cues, avatars, balls, and the unlock packs from the in-game Hustle Kings Store.

If that weren’t enough, we’ve then got not one, but two awesome freebies to give away! Two bizarre and challenging Crazy Tables Packs are heading your way soon, adding a whole new dimension to your game when you want a fun challenge aside from regular pool. To whet your appetite check out these pics of the tables.

Hustle Kings screenshot 5 Hustle Kings screenshot 4

Crazy Tables are coming soon and they’ll be absolutely free! We’re already hard at work on even more exciting content for Hustle Kings for release later this year. If you haven’t already downloaded Hustle Kings, be sure to grab it today and start enjoying first-ever billiards simulator made exclusively for the PlayStation 3.

PAGE 1 2

+ UNCyrus on March 9th, 2010 at 9:37 am said:

Thanks for the continued support of this title…. and with FREE add on content. That makes me a happy panda

+ Craazy on March 9th, 2010 at 9:37 am said:

Oh I am pumped about those crazy tables…..looks awesome. Now if only I could beat anyone other than easy players consistently

+ zKAPOWz on March 9th, 2010 at 9:39 am said:

this is awesome! talk about listening to the community, you guys have basically given everyone what they have been asking for. thanks you!

+ DMPrince on March 9th, 2010 at 9:40 am said:

Looks good. can’t wait for the update!

+ ATOMS11 on March 9th, 2010 at 9:41 am said:

The in game video chat is a sweet feature. I hope to see more of it!

+ BiezulbubBill69 on March 9th, 2010 at 9:41 am said:

How much does this game cost again? I might have to pick it up! This update sounds awesome!

+ Daz_Genetic on March 9th, 2010 at 9:43 am said:

“Dampening effect on the pockets, to stop accurate high powered shots from always bouncing out of the pockets”

It’s not just high powered shots. Medium Speed shots with inherited backspin also pop out of the pockets way too frequently. I hope the dampening effect has improved this also.

I do feel that the balls pass on too much spin to each other, but I suppose it’s workable as long as the pockets are dampened correctly.

+ Sindred on March 9th, 2010 at 9:43 am said:

Thank you, kind sirs. This game kicks soo much ass. My only gripe was that you play pool with your buddies and socialize and you really couldn’t do that without voice chat. Keep up the great work on this awesome game.

+ Barnolde on March 9th, 2010 at 9:44 am said:

Very nice. In-game voice/video chat sounds awesome.

+ CarmenSanD13go on March 9th, 2010 at 9:45 am said:

I am officially sold on this game, I’m definitely buying it now!

+ Vernon_Hardapple on March 9th, 2010 at 9:45 am said:

Thanks, been waiting for this.

+ Craazy on March 9th, 2010 at 9:49 am said:

All that said they might buy it/thinking of buying it/looks neat maybe………BUY IT. Super fun game, I got my 52y/o mom hooked on it. She loves it and so will you!

+ zombie9 on March 9th, 2010 at 9:51 am said:

All ready bought this game day one. update sounds cool But game rocks allready. =)

+ Canuck4Life on March 9th, 2010 at 9:52 am said:

Wow… that’s great to hear that the crazy tables are free! Thank you for adding all of these features to the game… you guys are awesome!

+ The_Assassin03 on March 9th, 2010 at 9:52 am said:

This is awesome! Too bad it didn’t come sooner. so close to the release of God of war 3, I won’t be able to enjoy it because I’ll be spending all of my time on God of war.

+ RuthlessEd on March 9th, 2010 at 9:54 am said:

Is the upgrade patch available yet? I fully intend to purchase this game, but not until the patch is actually available for download.

+ Moosehole on March 9th, 2010 at 9:54 am said:

Very happy to hear about all this great stuff. You forgot the most important detail, though…

When does the patch release?

Michael Pulst's Avatar

+ Michael Pulst on March 9th, 2010 at 11:37 am said:

The update is coming soon.

+ SpiritThief on March 9th, 2010 at 9:55 am said:

No demo yet? :(

+ KSPRAYDAD on March 9th, 2010 at 9:56 am said:

Any chance you can patch some people into the rooms so it doesn’t feel like I’m playing in empty but fancy mosuleums?

Other than that I enjoy the game.

+ Sindred on March 9th, 2010 at 9:58 am said:

Yeah, anyone on the fence about this game…

I’m not even a huge pool fan, but this game just makes it fun, and teaches you a bit about the game. And while Kratos and Drake are pushing the PS3 graphically in their respective worlds, this game look amazing despite not being about explosions and lobbing heads off. Everything is polished and it shows.

Plus Custom Sountrack.

+ SPOOKULA209 on March 9th, 2010 at 10:03 am said:

this is one of my favorite psn games ever, nice to see the support continuing for the game, even though it hasn’t been out that long

+ daniel3334 on March 9th, 2010 at 10:05 am said:

awesome, im glad to see these ideas input in game. can we get a release date for the first patch? no chat sucked in my opinion. you wanna talk junk while shooting pool!! but i love this game nonetheless!!!

+ bdunay3 on March 9th, 2010 at 10:09 am said:

A great game at a great price. Thanks for making this and the new additions are perfect! kudos!

+ SpeedRacer1955 on March 9th, 2010 at 10:13 am said:

Looks like a good store update this thursday. ingame video chat is something I have heard about with Under Siege, so now two titles following the same path in offering in-game chat features without the XMB…

And yes this is not cross game chat for you who have a hard time with that.

+ mywhitenoise on March 9th, 2010 at 10:15 am said:

Awesome new features! I might consider buying this just to try them out.

+ jrinck on March 9th, 2010 at 10:23 am said:

What are the details about the “minimal” aim line? Are they shortening it so you have to eyeball the shot better? I don’t mind. Sometimes the games seems too easy because it essentially tells you where the ball will end up, reducing the skill required. If this is the case, hopefully they make the higher levels easier to back-compensate.

Michael Pulst's Avatar

+ Michael Pulst on March 9th, 2010 at 10:55 am said:

Correct. It’s a shorter option to the aim line.

+ Vernon_Hardapple on March 9th, 2010 at 10:25 am said:

@SpeedRacer1955

The first title I saw with in-game video chat was High Stakes on the Vegas Strip: Poker Edition. It is available on the PlayStation Store for download and the video chat works really well.

+ Vernon_Hardapple on March 9th, 2010 at 10:27 am said:

@jrinck

Try changing the options so that there is no aim line. If you want the game to be more difficult there’s an easy way to do that.

+ Mosh_Pit on March 9th, 2010 at 10:27 am said:

Nicely done.

+ Kirkpad on March 9th, 2010 at 10:32 am said:

YAY. I stopped playing this for some reason after a week. I think it was because of the loud chalk.

+ PaperCarrier on March 9th, 2010 at 10:33 am said:

Awesome update guys! Can’t wait to try new features like voice chat and game launching! The oddly shaped tables look cool, It reminds me of a classic pool game on NES.

+ Carl-G on March 9th, 2010 at 10:33 am said:

BEST Pool game EVER ;P

Can’t the ‘Chalk’ be on the ‘L1′ button? ;)

+ TheGuardianFID on March 9th, 2010 at 10:38 am said:

Nice, very nice, awesome game!!! 8)

+ BulletTooth228 on March 9th, 2010 at 10:40 am said:

Now lets just add these features TO ALL GAMES IN THE PS3.. why always behind the competition when it comes to the psn Sony?

why did it take you 2 years to add XMB? and u still did it half as*ed? i dunno why but you should listen to the people that support you more often

+ JimInPT on March 9th, 2010 at 10:44 am said:

Thanks for a great update guys, especially the option to exclude “cheat chalk” when setting up a room – I’m boycotting players who use that stuff.

I’ve been having problems being able to tell stripes from solids with the Chrome ball set; improvements there would be very helpful as well.

Since I won’t buy cheat chalk, I’d have been happy to support you with DLC purchase of the crazy tables, but I’ll do so eventually, somehow – this is the definitive pool game for the PS3 and I hope you continue to support, enhance and expand it.

Great job, VooFoo.

+ CherylRose on March 9th, 2010 at 10:55 am said:

Hmmm Might pick up this game now just for these added features. I hope this makes Sony realize how important it is to add video chat to any game that you take turns in.

Also when is Catan coming for PS3? When/if it does I hope it includes video and voice chat as well.

+ dsigns209 on March 9th, 2010 at 10:57 am said:

Whoa…free tables? Great, thanks! Also voice chat was very much needed. Keep up the support for the game.

+ JimInPT on March 9th, 2010 at 11:00 am said:

To all those who’re commenting “where’s the demo?” “I might buy it if ….” “I might pick this up”, there’s only one question you need to ask: “Do I like to play pool?”

If you do, or even if you’re curious about pool, then BUY IT! It’s beautifully done, has good physics, works pretty well (online improvements will help) and has long-lasting play value. Plus, it’s inexpensive.

Don’t screw around waiting for a demo; let’s play some pool.

+ FJ1100_rider on March 9th, 2010 at 11:00 am said:

awesome !!!!
the one thing that needed fixing was the addition of voice chat , video chat is a bonus for those of us with the playstation eye .
the only other game I have with video chat is zen pinball . now to just talk a couple of friends into buying the playstation eye .
those wacky tables look cool and the fact they’re free makes up for the wait to get the voice chat patch .
for those asking , patches usually come with playstation store updates so expect it thursday .
thanks VOOFOO for the continued support of this awesome game

off topic … any word on when the playstation forums will be ps3 or mobile browser friendly again ? it worked perfectly before the ‘ updates ‘

+ jh6269 on March 9th, 2010 at 11:05 am said:

@ Mr. Pulst,

Is Snooker planned for the game? I bought the game on the first day, and I love it. But I would love to have a great Snooker game to play. If it’s not planned, can you guys please consider it?

Thank you!

+ CrazedPenguin on March 9th, 2010 at 11:10 am said:

This is a great update, can’t wait for it to e available.

Idea for future updates: Some more music, if it’s payed DLC maybe split it up into each genre.

+ JimInPT on March 9th, 2010 at 11:12 am said:

@40: the developers stated they’re working on a Snooker update (IMHO might be paid DLC, fine with me) when the game first released.

+ syk1288 on March 9th, 2010 at 11:13 am said:

@JimInPT: You could be a Playstation Advertiser. lol. I too do the same.

@ Mr. Pulst: I will buy the game now. I’m not a big fan of pool because many others haven’t made a great pool game but this looks promising. I’ll enjoy this and tell some of my friends to buy it also.

Mr Waffles
syk1288

+ jh6269 on March 9th, 2010 at 11:16 am said:

@42 JimInPT,

Thanks! Great news. I’d definitely pay for DLC Snooker.

+ JimInPT on March 9th, 2010 at 11:17 am said:

@43, you make a good point, but I am very impressed with Hustle Kings. I have quite a few PSN downloaded games but only a handful (Savage Moon, Peggle, SuperStardust, WipeoutHD etc) have really grabbed me. This is one of them.

I was waiting for pinball and pool on the PS3; Zen Pinball is ok (Williams Hall of Fame on disc is much, much better), Hustle Kings is great.

+ mcbuttz78 on March 9th, 2010 at 11:21 am said:

Im chat chat video as in playing while in chat? wow thats whats up..

+ Darth-Krayt on March 9th, 2010 at 11:21 am said:

OOOOO, voice chat and Home game launching….. nice. I just may get this game now next time I pick up a couple $20 PSN cards some time after GoW3 comes out. Very nice update. Well done indeed. I’ve gotta respect developers who support and improve their games for the players. Kudos.

+ JetSetFuture on March 9th, 2010 at 11:27 am said:

Looking forward to the Crazy Tables. Wouldn’t mind seeing some new, “crazy” trophies to go along with them.

+ dwight123 on March 9th, 2010 at 12:07 pm said:

Wow and not for MW2 let alone all games for the PS3? I guess this is a step in the right direction.

+ GGCAN on March 9th, 2010 at 12:22 pm said:

Thanks for the heads up Michael.

Bought the game when it first came out and love it, but the new features are going to make this a really great game.

PAGE 1 2