PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

PlayStation Network First to Deliver HD Movies from All Six Major Movie Studios

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Mar 09, 2010 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

Hi Everyone – Break out the bubbly, because today marks a milestone on the Video Store! Starting today, PlayStation Network’s video delivery service is the first to offer high-definition movies for purchase from all of the major movie studios, including 20th Century Fox, Walt Disney Pictures, Paramount Pictures, Sony Pictures Entertainment, Universal Pictures and Warner Bros. Digital Distribution.

So head to the Video Store today, and on your PS3 from the comfort of your own home, download popular movies to own in dazzling HD, such as This Is It, 2012, The Hangover, Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince and Zombieland, plus recent Oscar winners and nominees like Inglourious Basterds, Up and District 9. Enjoy!

VDS HD Screenshot

120 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ JoE5005 on March 9th, 2010 at 10:45 pm said:

I still do not use the Video Store on PSN, why?

1) The pricing for HD rentals are still too high.

2) There is no surround sound on the downloads

2) There is no instant stream option

+ miataninja on March 10th, 2010 at 12:46 am said:

Who cares about Canada… ;-)

The big issue is – When is this coming to *SWEDEN* ?!??!

+ NoLaws on March 10th, 2010 at 3:42 am said:

Would be interested in this service if it was offer in Canada.

+ GC1107 on March 10th, 2010 at 4:19 am said:

Ill never buy another movie from the store, until there is a way for me to own it. If I purchase a movie and loose my ps3 to the YLOD like i did then all those purchases are lost forever. So until i can download to a computer or copy the files with out using the back up utility I see all digital downloads of movies as a scam and a rip off. Even more so when you consider that the movies are retail priced yet you dont actually have a product to warrant the purchase. At least with a DVD or Blu Ray disc you have a physical object that you do what ever you want with. You would think that not having the production and shipping cost from making disc would significantly lower the price but it doesnt. a total scam.

+ COMBATCSOLDIER on March 10th, 2010 at 4:56 am said:

Your PSN video is a scam and it is criminal. How dare you charge the same price for dvd’s and not allow people that have already purchased content to redownload whenever they want. You are criminal and I will be filing lawsuit against you.

How dare you. Who the hell do you think you are. If I buy the content it is mine to do with what I want. You will hear from my lawyer. Congrats on a great scam, However you will soon be exposed as the rip off that this truly is.

+ O-C-F_Rita on March 10th, 2010 at 5:19 am said:

Will the PSN video store be available to other European countries in the near future? Countries like; Denmark, Sweden and Norway.

+ unbelievable1 on March 10th, 2010 at 6:01 am said:

PlayStation Network First to Deliver HD Movies from All Six Major Movie Studios: should read Playstation Network Last to deliver any movies service to Canada lol

+ darryl on March 10th, 2010 at 6:41 am said:

…but NOT in Canada right?

+ Matlane on March 10th, 2010 at 4:03 pm said:

Here are some quotes taken from this page…

“Will the PSN video store ever come to Canada?”

“It would be sweet if you offered this service to Canada.”

“When is the PSN Video service coming to Canada?!? I would really like to use this service.”

“thank you for adding more content i cant view because your service is not available in canada.”

HOLY CRAP SONY, GET IT IN YOUR HEADS AND GET THE PSN VIDEO SERVICE IN CANADA!!!!!

+ favian on March 10th, 2010 at 10:49 pm said:

@ 104. you can backup any video file you downoad, hit triangle on the video and hit backup, or save, or whatever the option is called but it is there, even if it is purchased content from the store. you fail.

+ Gunthaar on March 11th, 2010 at 5:03 am said:

It’s a good thing PSN is still free… Imagine the rip-off if they started to charge for it…

First, there’s the issue that we might pay more than we should as far as exchange rates goes.

and, Secondly, we’d have “less” service by not being able to rent/buy movies.

+ KINGDJAY13 on March 11th, 2010 at 6:08 am said:

it seems like the movies you want are never available…weird

+ KINGDJAY13 on March 11th, 2010 at 6:09 am said:

aaah

+ KINGDJAY13 on March 11th, 2010 at 6:12 am said:

i heard a rumor that they might have to start charging to fund certain aspects of psn content… like the stupid TESTER show that no1 cares about.

+ zmzmzm on March 11th, 2010 at 5:11 pm said:

Please bring this to Canada with surround sound.

+ Elvick_ on March 12th, 2010 at 5:37 am said:

1. The White is TERRIBLE.

2. How about instead of getting a higher resolution for people who have videos you get videos to those who dont even have them at all.

+ PushinNshovinMe on March 13th, 2010 at 3:24 pm said:

Don’t Buy stuff on the video store, you will lose them all if your system fails or you don’t back them up, I lost over $100 worth of TV shows because Sony would not let me re-download them or give me my money back. It wasn’t my fault I YLOD’d. Other than that Sony is awesome and the GamesStore does not work the same way, I have had no problems re0downloading my games.
Sony blames the MPAA for the video store BS; and I continue to download elsewhere.

+ xZaccaZx on March 13th, 2010 at 4:12 pm said:

Just wondering what resolution the HD movies will be in. 720p? 1080p? I don’t know if I can justify buying a movie for download when I can just get bluray and know I’m getting the best picture.

+ CrazyDomo on March 16th, 2010 at 5:22 pm said:

Its not likely it will come to Canada cause nobody like Canadians!! JK JK!! DONT HURT ME!! AH!!!

No. seriously Its cause of the CEC and Canada gov. :P Ask your local Government representives for help!

Or.. Give us some of your healthcare and you can have all the HD movies on PSN you want :P

+ Mortir on March 19th, 2010 at 4:30 pm said:

Not even a response from a mod on any of these postings….especially the people from Canada…I as a proud Canadian feel discriminated by Sony’s lack of support for us, but hey what do we as gamers know, I mean we only have Ubisoft, EA games…to name a couple… make their games here.. a little feedback isn’t really askin much, but alas we get scoffed at..I thank you for the time it took to ignore our requests for info

PAGE 1 2 3