PS4-The Order

Reminder: God of War III GDC San Francisco Meetup is Tomorrow!

Chris Morell's Avatar + Posted by Chris Morell on Mar 09, 2010 // Senior Social Media Specialist

Not like we thought it slipped your mind, but if you’re in the San Francisco Bay area tomorrow, you’re invited to come celebrate the launch of God of War III!

And if you have the means to get here, do it – we have a history of treating our fans to extremely good times. And tomorrow is no exception as you’ll have many chances to win great PlayStation games and prizes, get autographs from members of the development team, create your own God of War III box, and much more. So whatever the means – train, plane, car, bike, rollerblades, horse, camel – get here tomorrow! There’s only one God of War III event and we don’t want you to miss it (In all seriousness, if you arrive on a camel, you’re getting something incredibly cool).

God of War meetup event

Check out our initial post for all the fine details, but here’s a quick recap. We’ve got a couple HUNDRED tickets for our very special community (that’s you!) to get you in to the amazing and mega-exclusive God of War III event, where you’ll get to go hands-on with the final version of God of War III, enjoy some epic food and hospitality, and watch a still-secret-but-guaranteed-to-be-super-awesome band perform.

And all you need to do is show up. But we HIGHLY recommend arriving early. The hands-on event doesn’t start until 7pm – so we’re setting up a community-only pre-event party that goes on all day. What does that entail? Free food from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m, awesome schwag giveaways and raffles, free wi-fi (In the words of Triumph, “For you to Tweet on!”), the chance to put yourself on the God of War III box, autographs and more! So if you haven’t already signed up, RSVP on our Facebook Page!

Important Details:

• The hands-on event goes from 7-10pm on Wednesday, March 10, 2010 at the SF Concourse Exhibition Center. The pre-party meet-up begins at noon (you’ll see our tent in venue’s parking lot). Directions here. Don’t even think of strolling up at 6.30pm – you ain’t getting in!
  • Keep in mind that you must be 21 or older to get into evening hands-on event, but anyone 18+ (or with their parent/guardian) can come to the all-day meetup. ID *will* be checked!
  • Parking is rough in the area, so try to take BART or Caltrain – both very close to venue.
  • Once you’re in, you’re in — no ins and outs (don’t worry, we will have bathrooms). Unless of course you don’t want to stick around for the amazingly awesome hands-on event at 7pm. Then you’re free to leave at will…but you’re making a HUGE mistake!
  • You must RSVP via this Facebook event invite
  • Be sure to leave your replica Blades of Chaos at home
  • You might wanna think about bringing your PSP ;-)

The End Begins at GDC

PAGE 1 2

+ D-Squad3 on March 9th, 2010 at 5:02 pm said:

Wish I can go but I don’t live there and I have school but it’s ok I’m getting an early copy of God of War III because I won a contest! XD

+ Chris Morell on March 9th, 2010 at 7:22 pm said:

You are talented, good sir.

+ eddieMX07 on March 9th, 2010 at 5:02 pm said:

This even makes me want to wish I lived in San Francisco. I sounds like a lot of fun and for true God of War fans…

+ Chris Morell on March 9th, 2010 at 7:22 pm said:

Living in San Francisco does kick A, but this could be the icing on the cake :-)

+ Danny_Death on March 9th, 2010 at 5:06 pm said:

oh well…. at least the game will be fun as HELL! only 6 more days!

+ footballrule on March 9th, 2010 at 5:07 pm said:

GDC is tomorrow? What will be seeing of God Of War 3? Chapters, titan fights? Hope it’s good! :D

+ B-RadGfromOV on March 9th, 2010 at 5:08 pm said:

Hey guys, I notice the blog is broken. Can you fix it back to black? This is making my eyes hurt, and I’m looking forward to the resolution of this problem.

+ bball230 on March 9th, 2010 at 5:10 pm said:

Here is a REALLY awesome sick Fan made God of War 3 trailer that makes me litterally want to eat this game. lol! i just want to share to everyone.. because a lot of the times fan made trailers are overlooked by a lot of people, or never seen.

+ shortfuse14 on March 9th, 2010 at 5:18 pm said:

im from London so theres no way in hell i’ll b able 2 make that trip bt like what im reading

+ Chris Morell on March 9th, 2010 at 7:23 pm said:

Awww,, if you came from across the Pond, we’d surely have given you something cool.

+ Azure_FZ on March 9th, 2010 at 5:18 pm said:

Wow so many blog post, in one day keep it up :).

Anyway poor, no money, no way to get there, and school.

+ Chris Morell on March 9th, 2010 at 7:24 pm said:

Those are tough roads to cross…sorry you can’t make it. But yeah, crazy busy on the PSB! Thanks for reading.

+ Jeigh on March 9th, 2010 at 5:25 pm said:

I’ll hop in my hover-car and be right over.

+ Chris Morell on March 9th, 2010 at 7:26 pm said:

Dr. Emmett Brown might be able to help you with one of those.

+ freakyzeeky on March 9th, 2010 at 5:30 pm said:

This is going to be an exciting day. Took the day off just to be here. :)

+ Chris Morell on March 9th, 2010 at 7:24 pm said:

Now that’s what I like to hear! See you soon!!

+ Rionken86x on March 9th, 2010 at 6:09 pm said:

i might go….i have to go

+ Chris Morell on March 9th, 2010 at 7:25 pm said:

Yes, you do!

+ remanutd5 on March 9th, 2010 at 6:11 pm said:

nice i really wish i can go but sadly i cant , hey Chris can you tell me how can i get into Sony’s E3 2010 press conference? i really wanna go to E3 this year but if i go it will be my first time , i just wish all these meet ups and game conferences move to NY instead lol

+ Chris Morell on March 9th, 2010 at 7:27 pm said:

Very good question. We’re not quite there yet with E3 (it’s only March!)! But we’re definitely working on some NYC love.

+ remanutd5 on March 9th, 2010 at 6:15 pm said:

Man , God , LEGEND !!!!!!

+ AceOfSpades725 on March 9th, 2010 at 6:36 pm said:

I’m so excited for tomorrow! I’ll see everyone there! :D

+ Chris Morell on March 9th, 2010 at 7:27 pm said:

Hell yeah!!

+ poweredbyzen on March 9th, 2010 at 7:08 pm said:

missing out on the good stuff again – sigh. oh well, back to playing final fantasy xiii!

+ gold5225 on March 9th, 2010 at 7:14 pm said:

Can’t [DELETED] Wait God Of War 3 is going to be epic!

+ gold5225 on March 9th, 2010 at 7:15 pm said:

Woah Sorry I forgot if we could swear on here or not. But I Can’t wait!!!!!!!! God Of War 3 is going to be Phenomenal!

+ WrekGar on March 9th, 2010 at 7:19 pm said:

Made it all the way out from NY… So I will definitely be there all day tomorrow.. see everybody who’s comin there!!

+ Chris Morell on March 9th, 2010 at 7:29 pm said:

That’s what I’m talkin’ about! Anyone further than NY? That’s quite a trek. See you in a few!

+ CrimsonFox13 on March 9th, 2010 at 7:23 pm said:

Someone, please arrive on a camel!

+ Chris Morell on March 9th, 2010 at 7:29 pm said:

Man, what an epic way to kick off the party that would be! Hopefully minimal camel spit.

+ XgargunoX on March 9th, 2010 at 7:26 pm said:

Heard there’s going to be a GOW IV… any comments Chris?

+ unrealgamer38 on March 9th, 2010 at 7:33 pm said:

Im so there, I’ll just get one of the titans to give me a ride from dc to san fran. :)

oh, If life were so simple.

+ xaos on March 9th, 2010 at 7:35 pm said:

So not only am I blowing off work tomorrow to make this but I also signed up for Facebook just to be able to attend. I hope this shows the insane level of my dedication :P

By the way, I found a camel rental company, but it’s in Missouri :( http://randpcamelcompany.com/

+ JesseHaysFL on March 9th, 2010 at 7:43 pm said:

I just got here from Seattle, this is going to be awesome!

+ JesseHaysFL on March 9th, 2010 at 7:44 pm said:

Litterally, Im at a hotel on 8th street and we just walked in our room!!!!!!

+ Jeff Rubenstein on March 9th, 2010 at 11:14 pm said:

That’s awesome – you’re close by!

+ remanutd5 on March 9th, 2010 at 7:49 pm said:

man you guys are lucky , i wish i could go!!!! well at least i went to the Metal Gear Solid 4 launch event here in NY lol

+ WestSiide on March 9th, 2010 at 7:56 pm said:

I’m in LA. that 6 hour drive seems very tempting right now!

+ Jeeves_Tremor on March 9th, 2010 at 8:00 pm said:

I’d come down from Toronto if I could!

I demand Sony come to Canada to do some release events!

+ CrimsonFox13 on March 9th, 2010 at 8:04 pm said:

Oh, now that I think about it, I don’t have a camel, but I know someone who has a few alpacas on a farm! It would be cooler to ride on one of those! Too bad I live in Central US….

+ Jeff Rubenstein on March 9th, 2010 at 11:15 pm said:

Alpacas – now that’s good eatin! :-)

+ jazzyrider on March 9th, 2010 at 8:11 pm said:

I think I might have to get plane ticket from Seattle to SF tomorrow morning. That would be so cool to join you guys for an awesome kick a$$ event!

+ Jeff Rubenstein on March 9th, 2010 at 11:15 pm said:

We’ll be there if you give in to temptation!

+ Mucudadada on March 9th, 2010 at 8:14 pm said:

In the end there will only be…..

Midterms…

Why could it not have been one day later, lol.

+ syk1288 on March 9th, 2010 at 8:35 pm said:

@ Mucudadada: LMaO

@ Chris Morell: This would also be my first time going to E3 if I my wish comes true.

I always wanted to go.

Please help out us New Yorkers.

I really want to go.

Have fun at GDC. Congrats to everyone who is going to attend.

+ meeksparda24 on March 9th, 2010 at 8:39 pm said:

alman i need to teleporter device to get there, oh well i will be there in spirit lol. Playb3yond

+ eddieMX07 on March 9th, 2010 at 8:41 pm said:

Hey Chris Thanks for the reply. That’s the first first time anyone has responded to my comments. I gotta say it feels good knowing you listen to your loyal fans. It’s because of this great communication that Playstation keeps on making the best games in the industry. Thanks again!!

+ Rhino136 on March 9th, 2010 at 8:45 pm said:

Sometimes I regret living deep in the heart of Texas.

+ Thrasher20 on March 9th, 2010 at 9:23 pm said:

I’ll just wait for the Electronic Entertainment Expo 10′ PSBlog meet-up.

Chris, can you confirm that there will be a PSBlog meet-up around E3?

+ CoolBee31 on March 9th, 2010 at 10:54 pm said:

Hi There Chris. I’m a huge fan of the God Of War series & I’ll be buying the region 3 version of God Of War 3(live in Malaysia), but all I want to know if the game is censored or not in region 3. I know that this has got nothing at all to do with this topic here but I’ve been finding so hard for an answer to my question but all get is very hazy answers. So I guess this is the best place to ask. I seriously don’t wanna play a scaled down GoW3 so it will be an absolutely relief if I know the game is censored or not.Thanks a lot.

btw, Have fun at GDC Meetup guys!

+ JimInPT on March 9th, 2010 at 11:29 pm said:

Monster fights. Yawn.

Standing by for GT5; let’s get on with something GOOD, shall we?

I have to admit, though; if I were still 12 this thing would seem kewl ‘n rad.

+ KmiLlStHePiLlS on March 9th, 2010 at 11:47 pm said:

PS3 sucks so dose GOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Ftwrthtx on March 9th, 2010 at 11:58 pm said:

Will there be goodies for the PSPgo or just goodies for the Slim and older models?

I’ll definitely see you there.

+ ICcold on March 10th, 2010 at 4:01 am said:

Why is it, that when ever their is a useful event in California, it has to be invite only or in SF? I can’t just get to SF for free…no car or money.

+ Frejim on March 10th, 2010 at 6:06 am said:

Have fun guys!!

+ SanFranPsycho415 on March 10th, 2010 at 7:01 am said:

Leaving work early today, using sick hours. (My supervisor is on vacation,… hehehe)

+ Ratigen on March 10th, 2010 at 8:39 am said:

See you guys there I will be on my way in a few

+ Rhez on March 10th, 2010 at 8:55 am said:

Well I won’t be able to drive up for the meet but I will be getting God of War III since its being released on my B-day. Yes, I really appreciate that all of you at SCE did this just for me.

BTW, way back in developer interviews I asked a question about how accessible is the story for those who have never played GoW and GoW2. Thank you Jeff for asking the question. Though effort was made to make the story clear to newcomers an even better response was the release the GoW Collection. Yes, I know you released it just for people like me. Great idea, btw.

Since I just came on board with PS3 I would not have otherwise had a convenient way of catching up on the series. Now I’m a seasoned GoW fan and ready for the bloody end. SCE really went out their way to make me feel special. lol.

P.S. so then can we get a Team ICO collection for the release of Last Guardian? Hmmm…

+ memberop on March 10th, 2010 at 10:37 am said:

Hope anyone attending enjoys the pre-release copy they’re “probably” going to receive.

Oops! Might I have let the cat out of the bag?

+ je29836 on March 10th, 2010 at 10:46 am said:

are there gonna be some chicks with huge juggs at this event? if so i’m there bra!

+ soniqstylz on March 10th, 2010 at 12:52 pm said:

ack. Wish I could attend, I’ll be stuck in the AI summit all day, and sadly, don’t have a facebook account.

+ PushinNshovinMe on March 10th, 2010 at 1:18 pm said:

I am at GDC till 6pm, I know its close to here but will I be able to make it early enough or should I leave earlier?

+ SILVERAMMO on March 11th, 2010 at 1:35 am said:

hope a ps3 bundle is announced with gow3

+ JesseHaysFL on March 12th, 2010 at 1:18 pm said:

I just want to say THANK YOU SO MUCH, I had an awesome time and will go to every meet up I can from now on.

You guys went out of your way to be really cool to everyone and it really was a special event.

Thanks again!!!