Driveclub

Live from GDC 2010! PlayStation Press Conference

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Mar 10, 2010 // Sr. Social Media Manager

UPDATE: Hit the play button in the Ustream box below to replay today’s PlayStation Move press conference from GDC.

Greetings from GDC 2010! This year we’re going big at the Game Developers Conference, with a major press event today. Couldn’t make it in? Sure you can! Just watch our live stream below.

The show starts at 4pm Pacific/7pm Eastern:

Free Videos by Ustream.TV

263 Comments   1 Reply

PAGE 1 2 3 4 6

+ mrdeadhead on March 10th, 2010 at 4:15 pm said:

hey guys, can you use a streaming program that doesn’t pop up ads in front of the video?

otherwise, looking good so far.

+ bigdaddytim on March 10th, 2010 at 4:18 pm said:

nah I dont think that they will COMBATCSOLDIER. they will show off their paid network before that.

+ ZAANOS on March 10th, 2010 at 4:18 pm said:

PlayStation Move logo is awesome and artsy.

+ VincentVendetta on March 10th, 2010 at 4:21 pm said:

We also announce the PlayStation Move Deluxe Set. Comes with a PS3, a PSEye, a PlayStation Move, and M.O.B.! You know, for Moving Operating Buddy!

+ footballrule on March 10th, 2010 at 4:23 pm said:

WOOT! It’s live! GDC 10 finally here! :D

+ mrdeadhead on March 10th, 2010 at 4:28 pm said:

jesus, nancy, inside the lines!

+ bigdaddytim on March 10th, 2010 at 4:29 pm said:

at VincentVendetta. I do wonder what game they will have with it.

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on March 10th, 2010 at 4:37 pm said:

THE PS MOVE..NAME SUCKS and i cant believe they think they are going to IMPRESS ANYONE with ANOTHER MOTION CONTROLLER! IM SO DISSAPOINTED WITH SONY RIGHT NOW..THEY JUST MADE MATTERS WORST :/

+ krae_man on March 10th, 2010 at 4:37 pm said:

You’re delaying Eyepet for almost a full year for that?

The move controller stuff seemed extremly limited and pointless.

Give us the game already.

+ bigdaddytim on March 10th, 2010 at 4:38 pm said:

wow. I want to try playstation move and socom 4. that actually looks kind of fun.

+ Onarum on March 10th, 2010 at 4:38 pm said:

pff, what a joke, frickin party games, and some figthing ones that look unresponsive as they can get…

also eyepet, so yeah in the european version you get the magic card,. which does exactly the same as the “move”(stupid name btw) does, but in the US version the “move” will be required, so in sum you’ll have to spend more money to play US eyepet having the exact same content… LAME

+ ynp7 on March 10th, 2010 at 4:40 pm said:

Is the full press conference going to be up on PSN tomorrow?

+ Odium_Generis on March 10th, 2010 at 4:41 pm said:

@61 That stuff was pre-alpha, hater. Stay quiet.

+ tenuous on March 10th, 2010 at 4:43 pm said:

SOCOM 4 looks great

+ onslaughtree on March 10th, 2010 at 4:43 pm said:

this was hella cool…the playstation move looks really precise.

+ KazeEternal on March 10th, 2010 at 4:44 pm said:

Thank You Guys for the video. I now have a reason to be interested in Socom 4.

@Jeff
How much is the PSMC without the camera? I already own the Camera.

+ NotoriousGamer on March 10th, 2010 at 4:44 pm said:

Looks like most games require two Move controllers.

+ TailsTheCat on March 10th, 2010 at 4:44 pm said:

Way to go, Sony. You are now Nintendo. All set with Move. All set with 3D. If you want 3D, look around.

Gaming is dead. Toys now reign.

+ BlooodyCow on March 10th, 2010 at 4:44 pm said:

Yep, I was right not to get my hopes up.

+ GC1107 on March 10th, 2010 at 4:44 pm said:

Im getting that. The SOCOM4 footage was awesome cant wait for that either.

+ Odium_Generis on March 10th, 2010 at 4:45 pm said:

@67 No, most games for Core gamers will (so yeah).

+ robertmc8 on March 10th, 2010 at 4:46 pm said:

I’m hoping we just can buy only play station move what if I allready have PS3 Eye? lol

+ mew_frenger on March 10th, 2010 at 4:47 pm said:

good job guys.
more positive to this motion thing now. and the name is good,. seeing it up there with the logo and stuff looked really good.

+ WillAllon on March 10th, 2010 at 4:47 pm said:

Wow thats some major lag, is it really 1:1 tracking?

+ rbanke on March 10th, 2010 at 4:48 pm said:

watched it, yep…still dont care about motion controls.

+ Shrewder on March 10th, 2010 at 4:48 pm said:

The demo’s were not impressive. Should have held off on showing this for the press conference. If this is suppose to be better than the Wii controls, how can anyone expect that Natal can provide a better experience with just a camera and body controls?

+ mrdeadhead on March 10th, 2010 at 4:48 pm said:

pretty cool, guys. i was hoping for some more info on software, and wasn’t really expecting much on Move, but it’s still pretty interesting. or maybe some new changes in the xmb or so…

also, are those two guys really like the “face” of Playstation?
cause i mean… c’mon…

+ Tyger0 on March 10th, 2010 at 4:48 pm said:

Congratulations Sony. I am fully impressed. I really saw the potential for you guys to screw this up whether it be the price point, the precision or just dropping a bunch of “kiddy” shovelware, you actually stepped up to the plate and silenced a lot of the criticism. I am concerned about having to buy the nun-chuck-lick sub controller separate and though the price sounds good Im wondering how much it will cost me to own a couple of these things so I can enjoy them with friends. This is the level of control I had hoped from out of the sixasis and never got. Can’t wait to see how this might also be used in PS Home as well. Great work. Now just give it to us already.

+ Odium_Generis on March 10th, 2010 at 4:48 pm said:

@71 He announced that you could. Now you know and EVERYONE WITH THE SAME QUESTION CAN NOT ASK…

+ perrandy on March 10th, 2010 at 4:49 pm said:

well, i was expecting a lil bit more like a firmware update with cool feautures but what we got was a motion controler that is going to be a lil bit on the expensive side when bundled with the eyetoy

gotta expect less from these game shows :0

+ ZAANOS on March 10th, 2010 at 4:50 pm said:

Cool didn’t know Jeff was gonna interview Jack Tretton in the Ustream video.

+ Tyger0 on March 10th, 2010 at 4:51 pm said:

I think having the multiple bundles will be cool but I do home they have like a family set where you can get a couple controllers for a decent price. That and I can see the return of the light gun games I grew up loving.

+ LILBUDDY2000 on March 10th, 2010 at 4:51 pm said:

Ok, this is probably an off the wall question but will you be able to charge the new controller with a USB cable just like the dual shock? Please say ‘yes’!

+ ForgetfuI on March 10th, 2010 at 4:52 pm said:

How will Move work with GT5?

+ wud on March 10th, 2010 at 4:53 pm said:

PS3 > Nintendo Wii

+ ycole11 on March 10th, 2010 at 4:53 pm said:

I just hope Sony sticks to their plan of releasing games with both control schemes because I can’t imagine playing anything like Soccom 4 or Infamous 2 with the motion controller. I have a wii and I wish that games like Super Mario Galaxy were compatible with a regular controller.
The controller looks nice anyway, I hope we see a new Ape Escape at E3.

+ ZAANOS on March 10th, 2010 at 4:53 pm said:

LOL @TheKevinButler twitter posts are always hilarious!!

+ xXyuukanXpwnerXx on March 10th, 2010 at 4:53 pm said:

This is Sony’s year not yours
@Microsoft

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on March 10th, 2010 at 4:54 pm said:

i know im complaining alil too much but cummon could the video play without it skipping every 15 seconds! sheesh..three dissapointments in one day. THANKS SONY :/

+ ixnine on March 10th, 2010 at 4:54 pm said:

Awesome job, Sony! I’m looking forward to PlayStation Move. :D

+ zombie_56 on March 10th, 2010 at 4:55 pm said:

man that fighting game looks epic

+ Tyger0 on March 10th, 2010 at 4:55 pm said:

Mr. Trenton on behalf of the Playstation Nation, put this thing out now and you’ll have earned that pay check! LOL

+ Odium_Generis on March 10th, 2010 at 4:55 pm said:

I was generally impressed, but I’m only willing to assign to them that most horrible of words:

Potential.

+ Callahan09 on March 10th, 2010 at 4:55 pm said:

Can we get some HD footage of SOCOM 4 in action, please? I want to see it in more detail!

+ Chronotic on March 10th, 2010 at 4:56 pm said:

Thanks Jeff and Chris, was a great way to view the conference :)

+ wizardpsx on March 10th, 2010 at 4:56 pm said:

its great!!!

+ T230977 on March 10th, 2010 at 4:56 pm said:

I hope “Move” will always be optional. I don’t like a “Wii2″. I have given up my Wii because I’m fed with almost every game I like ended using the motion sensing tech.
I see many casual games flooding the PS3. Cheap and short development result in a products not worth the money…
Well… maybe I just should sell my two PS3’s and get me a fast computer…

+ Phake on March 10th, 2010 at 4:56 pm said:

Was hoping for more HOME info. Doesnt look like Move will work in home… :(

+ I_am_rushin on March 10th, 2010 at 4:56 pm said:

Bring it on!!

+ BlooodyCow on March 10th, 2010 at 4:56 pm said:

Since you guys said we can ask for anything. I want inFamous 2 and Heavenly Sword 2 :)

PAGE 1 2 3 4 6