LittleBigPlanet 3

Live from GDC 2010! PlayStation Press Conference

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Mar 10, 2010 // Sr. Social Media Manager

UPDATE: Hit the play button in the Ustream box below to replay today’s PlayStation Move press conference from GDC.

Greetings from GDC 2010! This year we’re going big at the Game Developers Conference, with a major press event today. Couldn’t make it in? Sure you can! Just watch our live stream below.

The show starts at 4pm Pacific/7pm Eastern:

Free Videos by Ustream.TV

263 Comments   1 Reply

PAGE 1 4 5 6

+ davivman on March 11th, 2010 at 9:18 am said:

I am so happy to hear that consumers will have the option of using a sub controller OR a sixaxis/dualshock 3 controller in the second hand. I already have 4 standard controllers and don’t feel like shelling out for a mess of sub controllers since they don’t add any additional funtionality that the standard contollers couldn’t do. However, I know there was a lot of people who felt that a standard controller would feel akward to hold with just one hand, and wanted a sub controller. Choice is a good thing!

+ XenoNative on March 11th, 2010 at 9:29 am said:

i wasnt going to get the playstation move but after the announcement of socom 4 supporting it. . . i jus might cop it. i’ll probably order it off amazon to avoid any embarrasement from purchasing it from a store.

+ TwinDad on March 11th, 2010 at 10:05 am said:

The music selection was great. I will check out the video after the 40 minute mark when I get a chance. I had to get a Latte during the “Move” demonstration.

+ rafael_martines on March 11th, 2010 at 10:11 am said:

Does Rag Doll Kung Fu support Playstation Move? Would be to easy to get the trophies with this acessory :P

Nintendo is crying now! kkkkkkkk!

+ thegiblet75 on March 11th, 2010 at 10:29 am said:

My comment is probably buried, but thanks Jeff and Chris – great work.

The ustream feed was a problem to watch (and I couldn’t download it for later OR buffer it up in advance, which sucked). Got through it eventually.

Any of this going to be on the Playstation Store? Would love to show my kids the highlights.

+ B-Badd on March 11th, 2010 at 10:36 am said:

Wow SONY just stuck it to Nintendo & Micro$oft big time just talking about how persise their motion control (The Playstation Move) is.

Motion controls seems to be the next battle ground, while all the Games didn’t grab me seeing games like Socom 4 and LittleBigPlanet using it really got my attention. I would love to see how a game like Heavy Rain would use the Move w/ subcontroller or Fight Night Round 5 (not out yet but one can hope).

I hope The PRICING is right please dont break everything up like the Wii have the Move and Subcontroller (substick) package together also include it with some games like the upcoming Socom 4 or Resident Evil 5 Move addition.

I can’t wait to see how the Move is going to change gaming on the PS3. I hope they get the pricing right and make the game that draw people in. The move has my attention, if done right maybe even my cash but it all comes down to games and pricing!

+ Petor on March 11th, 2010 at 12:06 pm said:

I’m really surprised about the Playstation Move. I thought it was just going to be a slightly more accurate version of a Wii controller but I have to say this press conference has really started getting me excited for the Playstation Move. I’ll probably still use my Dualshock 3 for most games but I’m definitely going to buy a Playstation Eye and Move when it’s released!!!!

+ halophiliac on March 11th, 2010 at 12:27 pm said:

I love the move into motion controls. I think sony missed a big opportunity though in just making one controller that has both the orb and the analog function on the same controller.

+ ICEJACKEL on March 12th, 2010 at 9:45 am said:

That was awesome, that’s all I can say!

+ Valor-And-Wisdom on March 12th, 2010 at 9:58 pm said:

I’m surprised the guy who played Socom 4 didn’t jump behind the chair and take cover lol

+ oneshot2012 on March 15th, 2010 at 1:18 pm said:

to honest, the only thing i want to here, when will sony and playstation network be sending a updated flash to all us phat owners that have systems that are out of warranty. you see, after the so called leap year bug hit only the phat ps3 that was online was affected. our systems no longer will load our games online and offline. there bug flashed our eprom and bio chips and wiped out the memory and drivers that operated our systems cdrive. come on sony fix this problem YOU created, or cough up my $499.00 plus tax.

+ oneshot2012 on March 15th, 2010 at 1:42 pm said:

is it just me, or are all of you blind. its kind of odd that sony would come out with something new like this, just after they crash most all ps3 phat systems. next they will say you can’t use this move on the phat systems. if you don’t own the newer slim, move won’t work. makes me thank back a few years ago when aol tried to pull the wool over their dialup modem users. if your still using windows xp on dialup they would kick you offline after 5 minutes. update to dsl or lose access. 200,000,000 users are still using windows xp and dialup modem. sony told playstation network lets make phat systems not work. so we force them to buy the slim. were not that dumb sony.

+ Ghost_1116 on March 29th, 2010 at 12:18 am said:

Thats awsome, i was thinking of buy a wii but now that i’v seen this, i’m buying playstation move.

PAGE 1 4 5 6