PS4-Infamous

Qore Episode 22 – Featuring Final Fantasy XIII, Dead to Rights: Retribution, Lost Planet 2 and the God of War Graphic Novel

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar + Posted by Kevin Furuichi on Mar 10, 2010 // Executive Producer, PlayStation Network

With Final Fantasy XIII just released, Qore’s got an in-depth walk-through of this stunning title. Get the real story on the story, characters, and fascinating insights provided by exclusive interviews with creators Motumu Toriyama, Yoshinori Kitase and Yuji Abe. There’s also an interactive gallery of gameplay tips, and a look back at the launch day in Japan.

For you God of War fans eagerly awating next week’s release, we’ve got an exclusive digital preview of the upcoming graphic novel from legendary comic scribe Marv Wolfman. Audrey Cleo meets the man to discuss his approach to taking Kratos to print and using Qore’s interactive digital gallery, preview of the comic book narrated by Marv himself.

Qore also visits Volatile games in the UK for a preview of the noir action/shooter—Dead to Rights Retribution. Grant City is a dark and dangerous place, even when playing as a cop on the edge, so it’s a good thing you’ve got a trusty (and deadly) canine companion by your side to help you sink your teeth into the action.

As a follow up to an earlier look at Lost Planet 2, the Qore team’s produced a detailed preview with never-before-scene gameplay. The creatures are massive, the vital suits totally cool and Lost Planet 2’s lush, newly-defrosted environments are very enticing.

And finally, many of you have been asking for dynamic themes, and this month, all Qore subscribers can access a new Heavy Rain dynamic theme. For those of you familiar with the game, this dynamic theme takes place at the crime scene, complete with patrolling officers, police cars, and plenty of rain, of course. Even if you haven’t gotten into Heavy Rain yet, this dynamic theme is still pretty cool on its own.

Look for Episode 22 tomorrow.

45 Comments

+ cowboyd21 on March 10th, 2010 at 7:07 am said:

Cant wait to check it out

+ zachman3000 on March 10th, 2010 at 7:08 am said:

! If I buy the episode separate do I get the theme?

I haven’t subscribed to Qore, But this episode looks cool.

+ Umichana on March 10th, 2010 at 7:10 am said:

so.. no GOW3 preview? …

I got the feeling that qore just got worse with time :(

+ bdavid81 on March 10th, 2010 at 7:12 am said:

An in-depth walkthrough of FFXIII? Walk straight, hit A during battles, walk straight some more. ;)

+ Ringwraith on March 10th, 2010 at 7:15 am said:

I am also curious about the theme. I don’t subscribe to Qore, but I do pick up episodes once in awhile.

+ zombie9 on March 10th, 2010 at 7:22 am said:

I wanted dynamic theams!!!
Any way us Qore members can get in the FFIV Beta?

@bdavid81
I can’t find an A button any where are U sure your playing FFXIII?

+ F-minus on March 10th, 2010 at 7:26 am said:

Ive subscribed to Qore since episode 1, is there going to be any special discount for those who re-subscribe? Also THANK YOU!!! for listening to our Dynamic Theme Request :)

+ joseph2411 on March 10th, 2010 at 7:27 am said:

No Heavy Rain theme for people who buy this single episode?
Btw this episode is awesome and i will get it, but i was hoping for a God of War 3 feature…well maybe next month.

+ Carl-G on March 10th, 2010 at 7:30 am said:

Bit off topic but – Why no Final Fantasy XIII demo SONY?

+ LukaX23 on March 10th, 2010 at 7:40 am said:

Is the dynamic Heavy Rain theme the same as the one available for purchase right now off of the PS Store? If so, I feel ripped off because I actually PAYED for the theme… :’(

+ HatmanTc on March 10th, 2010 at 7:41 am said:

@Carl-G. We might see one in a few months. SE knows they’ll have a good launch(as seen by them shipping 5 million copies) and most likely put out a demo once the hype dies down like a good portion of big titles

+ F-minus on March 10th, 2010 at 7:48 am said:

@9
Probly because they feel they dont need a demo at this time to sell millions of copies, not all games will get a demo on the day of release…maybe 6 months or a year from now there might be a demo, but dont plan on one coming anytime soon.

Also i get tired of people who refuse to buy a game if theres no demo for it… take a risk, do your homework on a game and buy it or rent it if your still not sure you’ll like it. people like this are missing out on ALOT of great games.

+ Stoffinator on March 10th, 2010 at 7:59 am said:

Now that Heavy Rain theme isn’t the one I already paid for now is it?

+ stri on March 10th, 2010 at 8:20 am said:

Why is the blog now white?
I like it better black…not so hard on the eyes.
The way it is makes me not want to visit as much…my eyes are too sensitive to this new look.
Please change it back!

+ CDubyahS on March 10th, 2010 at 8:25 am said:

dynamic theme. free. awesome thanks qore

+ TRIX_BOL on March 10th, 2010 at 8:30 am said:

I’m glad we’ve finally got a Dynamic Theme offered for free. Thank you very much.. 8)

By the way, why the lack of GoW III info in Qore?
That is like the first PS3 exclusive that hasn’t been previewed in Qore. Even third-parties titles were featured in couple episodes, why not God of War III?!

+ adolson on March 10th, 2010 at 8:30 am said:

The current Heavy Rain dynamic theme is the only one I’ve liked so far, so I am hoping this new one is as good or better.

+ Sub-Zero on March 10th, 2010 at 8:35 am said:

Getting a bit better guys. Please keep the good content coming as i was one of the people asking for dynamic themes.

I would like to suggest Avatars i know they have been slow rolling but its something simple ppl actually like.Possibly some exclusive avatars in Qore would sell a few more episodes also.

Im still hesitant about renewing this year.FFXIV beta access might grease my palm though :)And yes i have FFXIII i just wanna insure access

+ CDubyahS on March 10th, 2010 at 8:36 am said:

quit whining maybe god of war will be in next issue. they gave us grapic novel promo and game has not released yet. demo is on psn. maybe they waill share an updated demo for those of us who cant afford $60+ right now…

+ mafecto on March 10th, 2010 at 8:57 am said:

FF 13 SUCKS!

+ mafecto on March 10th, 2010 at 8:59 am said:

Lost PLanet 2 was gimped to fit the 360. Ignore it. Gotta speak with your wallets, kids.

+ acerazer1 on March 10th, 2010 at 9:03 am said:

I don’t think there’ll be any GOWIII coverage, we got the demo to play last month which I always prefer to watching someone else play and talk about the game. Even if I did already get the demo from GOW Collection.

The Heavy Rain theme is a new one, this one is of the first crime scene from the game, not some rain falling outside an industrial park door. Just by looking at the screens I can tell it’s better.

+ StrykerIsland on March 10th, 2010 at 9:04 am said:

If I buy the episode without a subscription, do I get the Heavy Rain theme?

+ krae_man on March 10th, 2010 at 9:33 am said:

That you for the dynamic theme, but the downloadable goodies are still extremly lacking.

I am very upset with the bait and switch you pulled. I was expecting an equal amount comparred to last year and you made an active decision to not provide the same quality and quantity of downloadable goodies this year.

It would have been one if you said from the get go “yeah we’re not going to be doing free games anymore” and let us decide if we wanted to subscribe just for the video content, but you didn’t do that. In fact you said year 2 would be better then year 1 and you have completely failed to live up to that promise.

Are you going to be like “yeah we suckered you in for another year TS” or “you’re right we screwed up, here’s how we’re gonna make up for it?”

You’ve only got 4 episodes left to fix things, what’s it gonna be?

+ TwinDad on March 10th, 2010 at 11:12 am said:

You feature FF13, but the dynamic theme isn’t FF13?

Heavy Rain is a fine game, just think that FF13 would have more marketing demand for qore purchases.

+ etur0 on March 10th, 2010 at 11:42 am said:

@12 I agree with you that is why I have gamefly anyways demos don;t really give a good representation of the full game look at paradise the demo sucked but the game was awesome

+ ZhePrime on March 10th, 2010 at 11:58 am said:

@ 21

Exactly, that’s why we should buy it, to show that it’s the PS3 owners that support them and that it might push them to reward them.
If you avoid buying it things will stay the same, since they won’t bother to do anything special for the people that don’t even buy their product.

+ Chexander on March 10th, 2010 at 12:13 pm said:

The Qore chick is boring, Christina Lee is more engaging, better looking and has a better fashion sense. And then if your going the guy route Kevin Butler is very funny. I say fire her and get something better. I have no interest in buying Qore the way it is, sorry to be so blunt its true though…

+ polo155 on March 10th, 2010 at 1:16 pm said:

ive neen a subscriber since day one and no regrets, i have heavy rain and i want this dynamic theme… the first year of QORE as more full with stuff like Calling All Cars, High Vilosity Bowling a at least 3 seperate Betas i can remember, this year is somewhat slower… Its still a good buy tho, dont get me wrong just more incentives last year.

+ KwietStorm on March 10th, 2010 at 1:18 pm said:

I bought the Heavy Rain theme a long time ago. The Qore freebies have been REALLY weak this second year.

+ Nepraos on March 10th, 2010 at 2:09 pm said:

@KwietStorm

The Heavy Rain theme mentioned in this post is different from the one you may have purchased. I remember watching last week’s Pulse, and they showed a quick peek of the new Heavy Rain theme which was different from the falling-rain-in-the-alley theme (which I’m betting is the one you already have).

Anyway, I can’t wait to check this month’s Qore. I don’t see why everyone’s got to whine/cry every month. There’s always one (plus fifty).

+ awsome_robot on March 10th, 2010 at 5:08 pm said:

so where are the previews of gran turismo 5, SOCOM 4, crysis 2, the last guardian, fallout new vegas, final fantasy XIV, blur, ghost recon, 3d dot game heroes, among plenty of others. i can’t remember downloading an episode and immediately delete it after watching it. in other words, better previews.

+ JohnnySako on March 10th, 2010 at 5:34 pm said:

Thanks. Looking forward to the FF XIII coverage and the dynamic theme. Are there plans to cover 3D Dot Game Heroes in future episodes?

+ footballrule on March 10th, 2010 at 8:34 pm said:

Dynamic theme for only subscribers right?

+ lmike1234 on March 10th, 2010 at 10:28 pm said:

Despite the last guy, Can’t wait for the FF XIII coverage tomorrow!. Just got the game the night of the launch. Also glad to see this theme is different than the Heavy Rain theme I already got. The graphic novel for GOW should be pretty sick too.

+ fransler on March 10th, 2010 at 11:12 pm said:

despite the last guy? at least I have the balls to tell them truth!!! SUCK UP!!!

+ aznkungfu on March 11th, 2010 at 10:39 am said:

do i get the dynamic theme if im buy a single episode or i had to be new subcriber Qore??

+ jwood87 on March 11th, 2010 at 6:51 pm said:

Can you please make the downloadable content this year as good as it was last year? Or at least throw in a good PSOne classic like you did with syphon filter… Or just make that one available to current annual subscribers of Qore??

+ illwarrior76 on March 11th, 2010 at 6:53 pm said:

March 11, 2010 and I’m a subscriber to Qore; where is it, or what am I missing in locating the download…or course I checked my account info, PS store, and no download link/add???

Thanks

+ SubongUS on March 11th, 2010 at 7:13 pm said:

I’m a Qore subscriber to Qore and I cannot find EP22 in my download list too.

+ tlwizard81 on March 11th, 2010 at 11:44 pm said:

Isn’t there supposed to be a renewal offer if our subscription ended last month? I can’t seem to find it on the Playstation Store.

+ CDubyahS on March 12th, 2010 at 7:50 am said:

the dynamic theme is free to subscribers only.

sony make.believe is a free dynamic screen saver in the PSN store for everybody.

+ CDubyahS on March 12th, 2010 at 7:51 am said:

renewal offer is in a big square in the store. click on list by title, q, qore, then boom there it is!

+ TheManda on March 12th, 2010 at 11:22 am said:

Excellent episode. I really enjoyed the interview with the Final Fantasy team. Great job! Please keep up this level of quality in the future episodes, as well.

+ IAFF4117 on March 12th, 2010 at 5:23 pm said:

No Heavy Rain Dynamic Theme in my Qore Episode :( Where is it located?