Ratchet & Clank PS4

Mar 11

EyePet Available this Fall with PlayStation Move Support!

Erin English's Avatar Posted by Erin English on Mar 11, 2010 // Product Marketing Manager

Calling all EyePet fans! I’m here to deliver some great news! Some of you may be familiar with EyePet and have had the chance to play with it at various events last year. Well, we made some changes to the game and I am pleased to announce that EyePet is officially back on the calendar, and better than before. Available this Fall, the new version of EyePet will come complete with PlayStation Move support! Instead of using the EyePet Magic Card, players will now be able to interact with their new furry friend using the more intuitive and easy-to-hold PlayStation Move.

The PlayStation Move motion controller can be used in many ways throughout the game. For example, you can engage in a variety of pet care activities such as feeding, washing and styling. With the styling feature, you’ll be able to completely customize your pet such as modifying fur length, color and pattern, as well as outfitting your pet with over 250 unique costumes.

You can also use the motion controller to play various games with your pet. Namely, it allows toys to appear magically in your hands. For example, it could be a bubble wand, a fish net or a trampoline. Other games include bowling, tennis, treadmill and snap.

One of the coolest features of EyePet is the drawing feature where you can utilize the motion controller to create drawings on screen that will turn into 3D objects for your pet to play with.

EyePet Egg Hatch

EyePet brings a whole world of imagination out of the TV and into your living room.

As one of PlayStation’s newest offerings, EyePet allows players to have all the fun of owning a pet without the mess! Featuring next-generation augmented reality, EyePet is the first digital pet for the PS3, and is the perfect addition for any family! So isn’t it time you welcomed an EyePet into your life?

EyePet Styling Mohawk EyePet Football

PAGE 1 2

+ mywhitenoise on March 11th, 2010 at 10:31 am said:

Releasing it a year later, just to add motion controls?

Erin English's Avatar

+ Erin English on March 11th, 2010 at 11:40 am said:

In addtion to adding the PlayStation Move motion controller to the game, this version will also contain new toys for your pet and a bunch of new costumes.

+ thegiblet75 on March 11th, 2010 at 10:31 am said:

Wow – I thought this had come out in the States already. Europeans will get a patch then?

+ Mikaa1701 on March 11th, 2010 at 10:36 am said:

Somehow this isn’t shocking; EyePet is basically the Playstation’s answer to the Nintendogs series. It only makes sense to add the motion control set-up.

And while this will probably bring in a more causal/younger crowd to the PS3’s fan base, when will the PSP get something like this? Granted, it’s userbase is mainly males of an older age, but modify this a bit and market it.

Why else was that Hannah Montana PSP released? Heck, Nintendo’s systems sees many games released for a wide range of ages and tastes, and sales continue to rise. PSP? Haven’t sold one at work since Christmas.

+ I_am_rushin on March 11th, 2010 at 10:37 am said:

Is the Move optional for this game?

Erin English's Avatar

+ Erin English on March 11th, 2010 at 11:41 am said:

In order to play this version of EyePet, you’ll need a Move motion controller, but good news is that it will come bundled with the game!

+ dam6655 on March 11th, 2010 at 10:37 am said:

I already imported it, and it is a fun game. I wouldn’t be getting it again as I have no intrested in move.

+ halophiliac on March 11th, 2010 at 10:43 am said:

Will those of us in the UK be able to use the motion controls since we already bought the game? Will the game have extra content not included in the original EyePet? Thanks.

Erin English's Avatar

+ Erin English on March 11th, 2010 at 2:23 pm said:

The US version will contain extra content that was not released with the European version such as new costumes and new toys for your pet to play with.

+ langdon on March 11th, 2010 at 10:46 am said:

Why are those children in the last image looking at the floor? That’s a bit misleading isn’t it?

+ chango_martinez on March 11th, 2010 at 10:51 am said:

@ 7

lol I was thinking the same thing

+ EatDeath on March 11th, 2010 at 10:55 am said:

This game looks awesome, and Im not really a kid age, lol. I definitely wanna pick this up, especially just to have it on the tv in the background when Im in the room or something!

+ vcotson on March 11th, 2010 at 11:01 am said:

Erin, if some of us already have this game do we/(they) get a patch?

+ KBG29 on March 11th, 2010 at 11:06 am said:

To anyone at Sony that will listen,

Please take serious consideration in placing full motion support in the Sub Controller. This move would allow for a major leap over even what was shown yesterday, and truly place the PSMove ahead of the competition. The addition of motion with an analog stick on the same hand will allow for much more creative freedom in titles like Killzone, Resistance, Socom, inFamous, MLB The Show, and basically every title that would have a moving charicter.

Making the decision to add this is could be the differance between getting the current userbase to buy the product or not. The day one buyers of PS3 want to be able to enjoy games as mentioned above, and are willing to do so with motion if it proves its worth. Without the motion on the analog hand I see the same limiting factors of the Wii setup. Every traditional style game ends up feeling like your are playing a one armed man.

So again. Please anyone at Sony that will listen, and could help make this happen, take this into consideration.

Kevyn Grams

+ SogeKing on March 11th, 2010 at 11:08 am said:

Was going to get this for Xmas for my little girl last year. What happened? It’s already out in UK.

+ StupidSoonnyy on March 11th, 2010 at 11:14 am said:

Okay, I already own the Eye cam (bought for Singstar, but of course Sony (see my nickname, there is a reason for this) only allows other PS3 users to view so it is next to useless.

So …. I understand there will be a package of Eyepet and Move with the camera. Will users such as myself be able to buy an Eypet and move without camera?

Ohh … and to Sony … fix your Singstar (particularly in US) … this is awful for a product you own and are making a lot of money on! Allow us to advertise Sony by providing links to our Singstar videos, get the PS2 Disney Singstar on the PS3 for kids, and fix the menus. I’d actually move off my Wii if Sony fixed things!

+ BiezulbubBill69 on March 11th, 2010 at 11:21 am said:

I can’t WAIT to get this for my 3 year old daughter! She will love it! I think I might even love it too! Eyepet looks awesome!

+ krae_man on March 11th, 2010 at 11:22 am said:

So you delayed it almost a full year so we can use the wand instead of the card and that’s it?

At this point you should probably put it on PSN for $20 “Move required” since it appears as though the card is unnecessary if you have a move controller.

But you probably wont do that. Guess I’ll have to import it now for 1/2 the cost you’re going to be selling it for this fall.

Seriously you can find it on ebay.co.uk for around $20US including shipping.

+ SpeedRacer1955 on March 11th, 2010 at 11:24 am said:

Yeah was ready to buy this last November when it was supposed to be released according to Sony. Then the US release was pushed back to Spring 2010 to add what rumors were spread as “Multi-Player” online functionality. Not motion controls. Eye pet already had camera motion controls and did not need the move to play, it had motion controls that M$ is saying that will revolutionize gaming! Hah I have found that Sony already did that in the PS2 EyeToy and now with Eye Pet…

Come on Sony release this now and patch in PlayStation Move later…

+ Jisatsu_Kiddo on March 11th, 2010 at 11:27 am said:

So many people crying about a good bundle that was held off. game,cam,controller

wow such a rip off.

+ mywhitenoise on March 11th, 2010 at 11:37 am said:

“Oh and using the wand to draw instead of drawing on paper holding the paper up to the camera?”

For real. The original version looked more impressive. There’s absolutely no reason they had to delay this game a year for a wand…the game already tracks your hand movements as it is. Stupid decision, and I’m not buying the game because of it. Sony better hurry up and release GT5 this summer, before my hype falls for the game like it did with FFXIII.

+ AlphaTribe2007 on March 11th, 2010 at 11:39 am said:

I was a little disappointed as well that this did not come out last year.

But I hope that the thinking behind Sony was that they had all this time to get user feedback and can deliver a better product to the US.

I would hate to think that we will have the same launch issues as the European market had when it launched over there.

+ lbmanuel1 on March 11th, 2010 at 11:42 am said:

Sounds great really. Out of most of the reviews I’ve seen, most of the complaints were about the game not being responsive enough. Hopefully this will give the game an edge to be everything it should have been from the get go. Still looking forward to it. What we need now is a good bundle for all the peripherals coming out. I’m not made of money.

+ battleCat3000 on March 11th, 2010 at 11:44 am said:

I can’t wait until this releases. My kids will love it, I’m sure. Another great release from the SCEA folks.

+ mikedo2007 on March 11th, 2010 at 11:51 am said:

Hey since Sony Europe has brought back Eight Days and The Getaway 3 on track. Will Eight Days get Playstation Move support? I can imagine that game will do excellent with Move.

+ krae_man on March 11th, 2010 at 11:54 am said:

Okay making it Move required and bundling it with a move controller (likely for $60) is slightly less stupid.

Still, the Move stuff is tacked on and unnecessary. Makes no sense that one of Moves showpiece titles doesn’t even need it to be fully functional.

You still should have released this already and had the Move stuff be a patch.

+ krae_man on March 11th, 2010 at 11:58 am said:

Awesome Analogy time:

+ TheGuardianFID on March 11th, 2010 at 12:02 pm said:

It looks great Erin, consider it SOLD!!! 8)

+ DudeItsKyle on March 11th, 2010 at 12:11 pm said:

I read a article back in Feb that said 52% of PSP owners are women.

+ DudeItsKyle on March 11th, 2010 at 12:11 pm said:

and im quite surprised

+ scorpio182 on March 11th, 2010 at 12:14 pm said:

Probably It didn’t need the PS Move but why not.

I for one am excited for the PS Move and for those who go on about Sony copied Nintendo that’s what people/companes do they and usually better so in the end we are the winners.

I can’t wait to have best of both worlds!!!

+ Destiny89 on March 11th, 2010 at 12:16 pm said:

I like the song a lot

+ TakiFuGu on March 11th, 2010 at 12:19 pm said:

It always amaze me when I see these PS Eye advertisements. That device is nowhere near as clear as they portray it. You would need professional studio lights to get it looking like that. That’s totally false advertising. I know it first hand because I own a PS Eye.

+ TakiFuGu on March 11th, 2010 at 12:21 pm said:

I’m also curious about how good does the PS Move works with the PS Eye. I had such a hard time making the PS Eye read Eye of Judgment cards due to lighting.

+ krae_man on March 11th, 2010 at 12:28 pm said:

Before it was $60 for this game if you dont have the camera already, $40 if you do.

Now its (likely) $60 if you want this game and have the camera already, $100 if you dont.

Works out as a wash for anyone who wants to buy the “Sub $100” Move starter bundle AND an extra Move controller AND Eyepet

Works out slightly better for existing PSeye owners who want Move and Eyepet.

Everyone else has to fork over more money if they want this game.

+ robertmc8 on March 11th, 2010 at 2:46 pm said:

I don’t want wait to Fall for this game? So your staying game would be out Sept 17, 2010? hehe

+ robertmc8 on March 11th, 2010 at 2:49 pm said:

Another good one would see drifter Pets to work with as addons?

+ odin_final on March 11th, 2010 at 2:51 pm said:

“Erin English | March 11th, 2010 at 2:33 pm

The game will be sold as a bundle with the PS Eye and Move, and as a standalone (just game)”

I just show the Video to the family (although My experience tells me never trust a gamecover or a promotion video these days)

probably I am going to buy the bundle (99% sure).

+ GibbShift on March 11th, 2010 at 2:53 pm said:

And now the reason as to why you delayed this game last year comes to light. Well played, Sony.

+ shades909 on March 11th, 2010 at 2:55 pm said:

i was gonna get that game but i’m not sure anymore with the motion controller the official version seemed more fun.

+ jimmyfoxhound on March 11th, 2010 at 3:01 pm said:

Erin English sounds like an 80’s pop star name!

+ krae_man on March 11th, 2010 at 3:06 pm said:

PSeye and Move bundled?

I stand corrected this was the stupidest decision ever.

You really think people are gonna shell out $100 for this game?

off to ebay.co.uk I go.

+ craiglaurence on March 11th, 2010 at 3:11 pm said:

Hi. Any idea on pricing? Many people, me included, already have a PS Eye and would prefer a bundle of the game and controllers only. Could you also consider offering this possibility (a la Wii Play, see how successful that has been)? I think you could catch alot of extra customers looking for a second set of controllers who weren’t necessarily interested in Eye Pet already.
Also, will the PS Eye offered for the Move have exactly the same specs as the PS Eye that has already been available?
Thanks for the work on unique projects.

+ Sudsbury on March 12th, 2010 at 4:17 am said:

i already have the cam,will it be bundled with just move?

+ erico316ecw on March 12th, 2010 at 8:13 pm said:

thanks 4 the respone

+ CHRISYM2139 on March 16th, 2010 at 4:24 pm said:

so i already own eye pet new costums and toys only in the new version or will we get them with an update or patch

+ CrazyDomo on March 16th, 2010 at 5:18 pm said:

LMAO @ # 11 Any way.. I like that this is coming out soon its pretty cute :P I plan to buy it with Move. I just hope Move with the controls alone is cheap.. cause Im tired of the DualShock3 being 50 bucks.. I mean dang come on.. Sony Money does not grow on trees.. you would know that..

+ TheUndertaker85 on March 16th, 2010 at 5:32 pm said:

Why is this game being pushed back yet again? It’s already been released to EU during Fall of ’09. SCEA pushed back sales for NA back to Spring of ’10 once already. Now it’s going to be fall?

You do realize that by pushing this product back so much for no apparent reason you’re also pushing potential buyers away from it as well, right? People like me who’ve waited since before the EU release to get a shot to get this game just to find out it’s not coming out here.

+ Frylok753 on March 17th, 2010 at 1:38 pm said:

why cant sony release it with the card? the card would be more creative…

+ AK-47God on March 26th, 2010 at 10:18 am said:

IMPORTANT PLEASE READ: Erin I would like to know something and Im sure its already been established somewhere in this Post but I dint feel like readind through it all. I live in the US and was wondering if I import the original EyePet will it work and correctly on my system?

I want to get it for my daughter for her birthday in April of 2010. She loves the trailer. I was very dissapointed that it wasn’t gonna be coming out a day after her birthday anymore. I do plan on getting her the New version as well but I just want to get her the older version for now.

Also for everyone else on here I have a question for. If I was to buy an imported version, where is the best place to do so, and do you think that a 2 year old would enjoy this game? Thank you everybody. If anyone can help me out you would be a great help as its the end of March and time is running out for me getting my daughter a B-day presant. If anyone has an answer please reach me on PSN AK-47God or email [DELETED] Subject EyePet. Thank you!

+ Rooksarii on April 7th, 2010 at 10:56 am said:

I know for a fact I am getting the bundle, probably one of the few if not the only person in my state who has a reserve already in at GameStop for it ;). My 3 and 6 year old saw the original demo video and fell in love with it. The fact that I can get the hardware all in one swoop is huge, IMO. I hope the PS3 starts churning out Wii style games along with its more hardcore mature offerings honestly. I want my kids to get more use out of it (plus it makes an easier sell to the Mrs!). $100 for PSeye, Move controller and the game, that is three items that could go for 40+ each easy.

+ Silex on March 11th, 2010 at 12:30 pm said:

@31. That’s why the Move controller has a big glowing ball on it. There is now way the Eye can miss that.

+ BusyManDan on March 11th, 2010 at 12:30 pm said:

REALLY? this is a crappy to get people to buy into the WII knock off My daughter has been waiting for this game now I have to tell her that she’ll have to use a wand to play. That is so garbage! If I wanted a WII I would have bought one. I already have a camera what am I suppose to do with 2 . Thanks alot SONY! Now I know why I didn’t buy one of your TV’s.

PAGE 1 2