Bloodborne

PlayStation Comics Store Update

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Mar 11, 2010 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

Hi Everyone – It’s time for the weekly digital comics update for the PSP. This week, we have the first ever five issues of The X-Men (1963) from Marvel. Also, Red 5 return with the first issue of We Kill Monsters – an action-comedy in which two brothers discover monsters in their sleepy town and the power to do something about it. As always, you can check out www.playstationcomics.com for more info. Enjoy!

We Kill Monsters The X-Men

• X-Men: Phoenix Endsong (2004) # 2 – $ 1.99
  • X-Men: Phoenix Endsong (2004) # 3 – $ 1.99
  • X-Men: Phoenix Endsong (2004) # 4 – $ 1.99
  • X-Men: Phoenix Endsong (2004) # 5 – $ 1.99

26 Comments

+ DARK_JAK_911 on March 11th, 2010 at 1:20 pm said:

Could you add the Resistance comic series to the store? Since the Resistance series is a Sony exclusive, why not?

+ Mikaa1701 on March 11th, 2010 at 1:22 pm said:

…Classic DC Star Trek? Star Wars?

+ RoecraticA on March 11th, 2010 at 1:22 pm said:

cool,it’s getting larger.(the comic book store)

+ Scodo_Thope on March 11th, 2010 at 1:30 pm said:

Wish I could view these on my PS3 :( !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ tj5678 on March 11th, 2010 at 1:38 pm said:

Great to see more comics added to the network. I would really like to view them on both my ps3 and pc if possible. On another subject, In light of the release of FF13 this week, it would be great to see some FF games added to the psn store today. Thanks

+ RedGiant17 on March 11th, 2010 at 1:53 pm said:

Still waiting on Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #42 to complete the One More Day story arc.

+ yosoylindo445 on March 11th, 2010 at 1:53 pm said:

when its the playstation store is going to be up?

+ leonhart9876 on March 11th, 2010 at 2:07 pm said:

i wasting all this time every week waiting for manga just to get told to wait some more. if this doesnt change soon you will have one less costumer. stop doing what you think we want and listen to us for a change

+ shades909 on March 11th, 2010 at 2:38 pm said:

You guys gonna release manga someday? Im not interested in comic but if you ever release manga i will be sure to buy.

+ mikedo2007 on March 11th, 2010 at 2:44 pm said:

@9: Wait a little longer for manga. Remember, Japan doesn’t have Marvel Comic or Disney Digic comic on their PSN and there are people in Japan who love Marvel Comic just like us? people with PSP probably wants Marvel Comic seriously juat as much as we want manga. So just wait a little longer.

+ Dardantuan on March 11th, 2010 at 2:47 pm said:

I am really enjoying this service. I found out about Wormwood thru the PSP comics, it is one of the best new comics I have read in years.

+ agentgray77 on March 11th, 2010 at 2:50 pm said:

Sigh.

Can we finish the Iron Man story arcs? I’ll just keep checking, but eventually my interest will run out.

I lie. Atomic Robo is a hoot.

+ goldenboy_18 on March 11th, 2010 at 2:52 pm said:

Manga never was good. I never liked those people in high school who thought it was cool to be reading japanese manga. I want the warriors comic to come out faster though! And I’m loving the classic marvel. Keep doing what you’re doin sony!

+ Frostquake on March 11th, 2010 at 3:48 pm said:

I am hooked…bought several…
1. Want to read them on my PS3
2. Want to delete old copies, going to end up switching out Memory sticks…that is no fun.
3. Still some blur issues on some words.
4. Would love to take pictures of some of the comics and make them my psp wallpaper.

psn: frostquake

+ jonboy0227 on March 11th, 2010 at 4:22 pm said:

Please, PLEASE add Dark Horse comics like:
Predator, Aliens, Star Wars, etc.

+ ugotitcoming on March 11th, 2010 at 4:24 pm said:

I love the comics you’ll bring to the store especially those rare/hard to find ones. I just wish Sony could ink a deal for the old IMAGE comics, with The Max, WetWorks, WildCats, Spawn, Savage Dragon, StormWatch, WitchBlade, etc. I would kill for those.

+ phinnv8 on March 11th, 2010 at 4:25 pm said:

Why can’t we buy and view these on PS3 too?

PS3 needs a fw update bad.

+ rakhyvel on March 11th, 2010 at 4:39 pm said:

I’m sorry, but is this available in Europe, haven’t seen anything like a comic store on my playstation store or anywhere on my PS3 for that matter?
And if so, can you read the comics on your PS3 or do it only work on the PSP?
Thanks beforehand. :)

+ WrekGar on March 11th, 2010 at 4:40 pm said:

This is the sweetest thing, this is definitely allowing me to catch up on all those books I missed out on in the last 15 years. Bought about 60 books so far just keep them coming and I will keep buying.

+ judetx on March 11th, 2010 at 4:44 pm said:

Are we going to be seeing a Playstation Comics App coming to the PS3 anytime soon?

+ chilIy on March 11th, 2010 at 4:58 pm said:

Is there going to be a store update today or just some comics i can veiw online for free

+ Velzorn on March 11th, 2010 at 5:32 pm said:

Would love to buy comics for my “it only does everything” PS3, will I be able to do that anytime soon? The money is burning a hole in my virtual wallet.

+ aldadevl on March 11th, 2010 at 6:26 pm said:

Dear, Senior Manager
As of 8:15pm, central time, the PlayStationStore has not updated. Every week it’s the same thing… I will eagerly look forward to a release (in this case, MegaMan10) only to end up waiting well into the evening for the store to update. Why? Isn’t that what the other 6 days are for, to get ready? I mean, it’s bad enough we have to wait until Thursday for the update… Why does Sony like to anger and disappoint its customers so much? There should be a set time for the psn’s update!
Thanks for reading

+ Korlithiel on March 11th, 2010 at 9:30 pm said:

Another fairly good week.

+ FletchMan16 on March 13th, 2010 at 10:48 am said:

I’m sure this has been mentioned in the past but I’d like to reiterate it here and today. Is the comic store coming to Canada? If so, is there a launch date? If not, I’d like to request that comics be available in Canada and I’m sure there are plenty of other Canadians who would buy the comics too.

+ HeadlessAnarchy on March 21st, 2010 at 5:59 am said:

Are we able to put them on usb and view them on pc?